Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,090 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (271) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864158 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dspy45: 10:08am On Jul 22, 2014
To the house, to those who have gone thru the interview stage, what kinda questions do they ask?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 10:12am On Jul 22, 2014
Please has anyone who applied from the VI office beginning of July collected their passport?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bato231: 10:14am On Jul 22, 2014
dspy45:
To the house, to those who have gone thru the interview stage, what kinda questions do they ask?

SKYPE INTERVIEW

1. What course are you going for?
2. Why do you want to study that course?
3. Why did you choose that university?
4. Why did you choose to study in the UK?
5. What are your future plans upon graduation?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dspy45: 10:28am On Jul 22, 2014
bato231:

SKYPE INTERVIEW

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 1:15pm On Jul 22, 2014
I have another question i deposited money to my account July 4 and I'm going to print the statement on august 4 but I'm going to apply for my visa around 2nd week of august because of my tb test schedule can i still use that statement on the 2nd week of august?
2. My tb test is on august 12 can i apply online for visa and pay them by august 11 so I can submit my papers on august 14 is it possible?because my course start sept 8 i might b late or wat, i going to apply in ikeja lagos
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by cookies: 2:24pm On Jul 22, 2014
Hello house , just a quick one please. Is dependants visa application fees same amount as the main (student) applicant ? I'm going with my 2 kids.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by beautyuche: 3:10pm On Jul 22, 2014
ocheejemb: Friend of mine got her notification that her visa was approved after 4 working days!

Please where did she apply as I have been tracking only to see same old "your document have been sent to the british high commision" well I applied 14 july
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sassybee: 4:15pm On Jul 22, 2014
bato231:

SKYPE INTERVIEW

Just 5 questions?..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bato231: 4:23pm On Jul 22, 2014
sassybee:
Just 5 questions?..

Yes.

beautyuche:
Please where did she apply as I have been tracking only to see same old "your document have been sent to the british high commision" well I applied 14 july

Check your email. All student visa for UK are processed @ Abuja. You will receive a notification of approval once they are done with your visa application by email; den expect vfs to contact you for pick up in 3-5 working days.

cookies: Hello house , just a quick one please. Is dependants visa application fees same amount as the main (student) applicant ? I'm going with my 2 kids.

Yes. Dependants pay same visa fee as main applicant 530USD
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 4:42pm On Jul 22, 2014
Actually not all student visas are processed in Abuja, VI/Lekki applications are processed in Sheffield.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 4:45pm On Jul 22, 2014
[quote author=beautyuche]

Where did she apply from?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 4:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
sashacoleman: Actually not all student visas are processed in Abuja, VI/Lekki applications are processed in Sheffield.

All PBS Visas are sent to Abuja. All Tier4 visas are processed in shefield
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sassybee: 4:48pm On Jul 22, 2014
[quote author=bato231]

Which center did you have your interview?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kevwe91: 5:11pm On Jul 22, 2014
Good afternoon. Thanks for your help. The thing is that my parents can afford the expenses of both university fees for my brother and I but most of their money's have not been paid by their clients, as they are both legal practitioners.  My dad came up with a plan therefore, in which he has decided to pay 5000 pounds as part of my tuition fees and 1000 pounds for my living cost for 2 months. On the other hand, he would be paying 3500 pounds as part of my brother's tuition fees and 1000 pounds as well for his living cost. Furthermore, the 21200 pounds that I told you about would remain untouched in my parents account for 28 days.  In addition to that, my dad has also prepared a sworn oat through a notary public that he would ensure that my brother and I would not be in any form of financial constraints during our course of study. Because for now, we cannot show the entire moneys in our account as my parents have a lot of money's outside that would be more than enough to cover the entire living cost and tuition fees. Please advice me once again if this is a positive step in securing a tier 4 visa for my brother and I.  Thanks for your assistance and God bless

I forgot to mention, the part payments for the tuition fees and living costs for my brother and I are not part of the 21200 pounds that I mentioned. We ate not using that money for any payments till after the visa process.  Hopefully more money's would have arrived by then. Thanks for your assistance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kevwe91: 5:12pm On Jul 22, 2014
I forgot to mention, the part payments for the tuition fees and living costs for my brother and I are not part of the 21200 pounds that I mentioned. We ate not using that money for any payments till after the visa process.  Hopefully more money's would have arrived by then. Thanks for your assistance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by beautyuche: 5:13pm On Jul 22, 2014
[quote author=bato231]

Check your email. All student visa for UK are processed @ Abuja. You will receive a notification of approval once they are done with your visa application by email; den expect vfs to contact you for pick up in 3-5 working days.

Well its 6 days already no mail or text message I might as well wait till the end of the week
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Emmagency(m): 6:46pm On Jul 22, 2014
Chaze85: I have another question i deposited money to my account July 4 and I'm going to print the statement on august 4 but I'm going to apply for my visa around 2nd week of august because of my tb test schedule can i still use that statement on the 2nd week of august?
2. My tb test is on august 12 can i apply online for visa and pay them by august 11 so I can submit my papers on august 14 is it possible?because my course start sept 8 i might b late or wat, i going to apply in ikeja lagos

Yes...you can still use the bank statement...the rule is that it must not be more than 31days old..also, I'd advise to get your TB cert in hand before you make the application online..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Emmagency(m): 6:54pm On Jul 22, 2014
kevwe91: Good afternoon. Thanks for your help. The thing is that my parents can afford the expenses of both university fees for my brother and I but most of their money's have not been paid by their clients, as they are both legal practitioners.  My dad came up with a plan therefore, in which he has decided to pay 5000 pounds as part of my tuition fees and 1000 pounds for my living cost for 2 months. On the other hand, he would be paying 3500 pounds as part of my brother's tuition fees and 1000 pounds as well for his living cost. Furthermore, the 21200 pounds that I told you about would remain untouched in my parents account for 28 days.  In addition to that, my dad has also prepared a sworn oat through a notary public that he would ensure that my brother and I would not be in any form of financial constraints during our course of study. Because for now, we cannot show the entire moneys in our account as my parents have a lot of money's outside that would be more than enough to cover the entire living cost and tuition fees. Please advice me once again if this is a positive step in securing a tier 4 visa for my brother and I.  Thanks for your assistance and God bless

Truth is if the required money for you and your brother is not present in your parent's account or your accounts, the UKBA won't grant visas.. it is compulsory that every applicants must show this during application..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Emmagency(m): 6:57pm On Jul 22, 2014
Yo! House... I'll be having my interview tomorrow at Oregun, Ikeja...I booked my appointment at 12:00pm..anyone else heading there tomorrow...?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 7:06pm On Jul 22, 2014
Chaze85:

Ok wait let say i submitted my application on July 22 and the ukba will attend to me July 30 when will suppose to print the oanda calculation?

July 22. IT IS ALWAYS THE CONVERSION FOR YOUR APPLICATION DATE THAT YOU NEED TO SUBMIT.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 8:16pm On Jul 22, 2014
Hi justwise, please I need your advice on this situation.

I am currently studying in Bradford and will complete my course in October 2014. Meanwhile, I have been given admission at Doncaster college to undergo a one year degree course commencing this September.

My current school was to assist in completing my course but that will not be possible now. However, I requested to join the course at Doncaster during the second semester but unfortunately, that will not be possible too as they have September intake only.

Is it possible to enroll at Doncaster this September whilst I complete my course in Bradford? I have just two modules to complete in Bradford.

Please advice on what to do.

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:46pm On Jul 22, 2014
princessmoi: Hi justwise, please I need your advice on this situation.

I am currently studying in Bradford and will complete my course in October 2014. Meanwhile, I have been given admission at Doncaster college to undergo a one year degree course commencing this September.

My current school was to assist in completing my course but that will not be possible now. However, I requested to join the course at Doncaster during the second semester but unfortunately, that will not be possible too as they have September intake only.

Is it possible to enroll at Doncaster this September whilst I complete my course in Bradford? I have just two modules to complete in Bradford.

Please advice on what to do.

Thank you.

Are you in Bradford college or one of those private ones?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 9:00pm On Jul 22, 2014
justwise:

Are you in Bradford college or one of those private ones?

No, its a private one.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 9:17pm On Jul 22, 2014
sashacoleman: Please has anyone who applied from the VI office beginning of July collected their passport?

You applied on 3rd. Your VISA should be out on Thursday or latest Friday
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 11:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
I really pray so, because I need my passport back desperately.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by realcom: 1:02am On Jul 23, 2014
Can someone help to answer this query of mine: can we use a domiciliary account (GBP) statement to apply for visa plz?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 2:28am On Jul 23, 2014
realcom: Can someone help to answer this query of mine: can we use a domiciliary account (GBP) statement to apply for visa plz?

Of course, yes. It's the best option since you needn't worry about exchange rate.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by realcom: 10:20am On Jul 23, 2014
DonOms:

Of course, yes. It's the best option since you needn't worry about exchange rate.
Thank you.

Anyone going to University of Kent here plz?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 10:22am On Jul 23, 2014
realcom:
Thank you.

Anyone going to University of Kent here plz?

so close. Am heading to greenwich, the campus at medway, kent wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 10:45am On Jul 23, 2014
@Justwise, please I'm waiting for your reply.

What will you advice I do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by realcom: 11:02am On Jul 23, 2014
spikesC:

so close. Am heading to greenwich, the campus at medway, kent wink

Really you are? my Campus is in Canterbury, I'd be studying Computer Science MSc. Have you applied for visa yet? When do you plan on leaving Naija? And What Course?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:50am On Jul 23, 2014
realcom:

Really you are? my Campus is in Canterbury, I'd be studying Computer Science MSc. Have you applied for visa yet? When do you plan on leaving Naija? And What Course?

Yes, applied on the 7th of this month. Hopefully, my VISA would be out next week Tuesday.
Departure date is August 20th. Computer Engineering B.Eng

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.