Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,934 members, 7,828,260 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (270) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866323 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Fola10: 5:48pm On Jul 21, 2014
Hi,
I'm applying for my student visa and I want to know if I can use my company's bank statement. i.e a corporate bank statement. If i can use it what do i need to show
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 6:59pm On Jul 21, 2014
Fola10: Hi,
I'm applying for my student visa and I want to know if I can use my company's bank statement. i.e a corporate bank statement. If i can use it what do i need to show

No you cannot unless your company is a multi-national.

Move the required funds into your personal bank account and use that
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 7:29pm On Jul 21, 2014
spikesC:

Anyone is acceptable. I would prefer all the info to be in the CAS. You still have a lotta time and CAS doesn't take up to a week.
Infact, all my CAS has always been out same day payment was confirmed. The little secret is that i always call them whenever i need something urgently instead of just mailing them.
If the query requires an email communication, i will send the email and call them immediately, and they will confirm receipt of the email and attend to it immediately, WHILE AM STILL ON THE PHONE WITH THEM.

Also pay 400 or 450 just incase. This period pounds can go upto 285

Thank you i really appreciated all your effort in replying my question and because this is my first time in applying and i dnt want to be refuse.my deposit in accomodation didnot show in CAS and now I'm planning to deposit again another payment for accomodation as what u have said my question is can i call my school to give me new CAS because my payment of my accomodation didnt show?especially if i will pay the accomodation again?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by larrypha(f): 7:48pm On Jul 21, 2014
Chaze85:
Thank you i really appreciated all your effort in replying my question and because this is my first time in applying and i dnt want to be refuse.my deposit in accomodation didnot show in CAS and now I'm planning to deposit again another payment for accomodation as what u have said my question is can i call my school to give me new CAS because my payment of my accomodation didnt show?especially if i
will pay the accomodation again?
Are you sure your school shows accomodation on CAS? My school mentioned that accomodation will always show 0 on CAS even if it is school's accomodation. Might be different for your school, just suspecting its same for most schools
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 8:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
[quote author=larrypha]
Are you sure your school shows accomodation on CAS? My school mentioned that accomodation will always show 0 on CAS even if it is school's accomodation. Might be different for your school, just suspecting its same for most schools[/quote

Yes it shows 0 even if I pay the deposit for accomodation
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 8:11pm On Jul 21, 2014
larrypha:
Are you sure your school shows accomodation on CAS? My school mentioned that accomodation will always show 0 on CAS even if it is school's accomodation. Might be different for your school, just suspecting its same for most schools

It shows 0 in my accommodation but i paid my deposit for accomodation £240,so if i will pay for accomodation anoder £450 will it show in my CAS or il just show reciept wen i apply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gmolen(m): 8:22pm On Jul 21, 2014
DonOms:

You're quite on the right track. However, note that if you submit (or pay) your application on that Tuesday, you may not get appointment for Wednesday, so be prepared for that.
I believe the bank statement is for your personal account and the only document stated in your CAS is your Degree Certificate.
Thanks DonOms for the comment. Yes, I am using my personal account. My degree cert is the only document stated on my CAS. That means the requirement is minimum of 28 days in terms of the fund, but it can stay a little more than that? I was initially concerned with this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidibudi: 8:26pm On Jul 21, 2014
Chaze85:

It shows 0 in my accommodation but i paid my deposit for accomodation £240,so if i will pay for accomodation anoder £450 will it show in my CAS or il just show reciept wen i apply?
@ chaze85 for my I was sent a statement of payment kind of. N I ve sent my school a mail so dey promised sending me a receipt to confirm payment for accommodation
I think you should try that if it's gonna work for ur schl.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gmolen(m): 8:26pm On Jul 21, 2014
bidibudi:
Don't forget your oanda print out for currency exchange for the day in which you are submitting your application
Thanks a bunch. I never knew about this.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 8:50pm On Jul 21, 2014
bidibudi:
@ chaze85 for my I was sent a statement of payment kind of. N I ve sent my school a mail so dey promised sending me a receipt to confirm payment for accommodation
I think you should try that if it's gonna work for ur schl.

Ok il try it,then how about this oanda conversion do i need to print it on the day I'm going to uk embassy to submit application or online application?or do i need to print it out after the 28days of bank statement?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by diamondsare4eva: 9:03pm On Jul 21, 2014
Please does anyone know which school admission is still on for Sept 2014 without going through UCAS please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ogompaul(m): 10:30pm On Jul 21, 2014
Sheffield Hallam University
diamondsare4eva: Please does anyone know which school admission is still on for Sept 2014 without going through UCAS please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 10:37pm On Jul 21, 2014
Chaze85:

Ok il try it,then how about this oanda conversion do i need to print it on the day I'm going to uk embassy to submit application or online application?or do i need to print it out after the 28days of bank statement?

print oanda printout of your application date. that is the day you paid
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 10:37pm On Jul 21, 2014
diamondsare4eva: Please does anyone know which school admission is still on for Sept 2014 without going through UCAS please

almost all schools, however, you'll have to apply directly. just do ur research, then contact the schools u want
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidibudi: 11:05pm On Jul 21, 2014
Chaze85:

Yea it's better you print on the very day or better still the night b4 u ll be going to the embassy.
It's just to defend the rate of change as @ the time you put in for application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by diamondsare4eva: 11:39pm On Jul 21, 2014
@Spikec, do know you of any of the schools I can contact directly for sept 2014, that are still admitting international students
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 12:16am On Jul 22, 2014
spikesC:

print oanda printout of your application date. that is the day you paid

Pls explain further
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 12:43am On Jul 22, 2014
gmolen:
Thanks DonOms for the comment. Yes, I am using my personal account. My degree cert is the only document stated on my CAS. That means the requirement is minimum of 28 days in terms of the fund, but it can stay a little more than that? I was initially concerned with this.

Yes, the minimum is 28 days. It can stay a little more of course but when you print statement, make sure the day of printing is as closest as possible to the day you'll submit documents.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 12:54am On Jul 22, 2014
Chaze85:

Pls explain further

The exchange rate fluctuates a lot. It's a normal thing with FOREX. The UKBA will use the exchange rate available on oanda.com for the date you submitted your application.

Let's say you submitted (and paid for) your application on the 22nd July. If the UKBA is to attend to your application on the 24th July, they will go to oanda.com and look at the exchange rate of the 22nd July so as to calculate your money. In order to let them know you were sure your money was complete and to avoid any misrepresentation or error, you will need to print that page of the exchange rate (after entering your account balance in naira and the pound equivalent displayed) for 22nd July. You will then attach this to your application as proof that the money was complete as at application date.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 1:04am On Jul 22, 2014
DonOms:

The exchange rate fluctuates a lot. It's a normal thing with FOREX. The UKBA will use the exchange rate available on oanda.com for the date you submitted your application.

Let's say you submitted (and paid for) your application on the 22nd July. If the UKBA is to attend to your application on the 24th July, they will go to oanda.com and look at the exchange rate of the 22nd July so as to calculate your money. In order to let them know you were sure your money was complete and to avoid any misrepresentation or error, you will need to print that page of the exchange rate (after entering your account balance in naira and the pound equivalent displayed) for 22nd July. You will then attach this to your application as proof that the money was complete as at application date.

Ok wait let say i submitted my application on July 22 and the ukba will attend to me July 30 when will suppose to print the oanda calculation?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 1:11am On Jul 22, 2014
Chaze85:

Pls explain further

print the oanda printout of the day you paid for your visa application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 1:15am On Jul 22, 2014
diamondsare4eva: @Spikec, do know you of any of the schools I can contact directly for sept 2014, that are still admitting international students

almost all the schools.
Do your research and chose the schools you like, then contact them and ask if you can apply directly as UCAS has closed. They will all agree
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 1:21am On Jul 22, 2014
spikesC:

print the oanda printout of the day you paid for your visa application

Thank you,just want to make sure my documents will be complete before i apply on august.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 2:38am On Jul 22, 2014
I have another question i deposited money to my account July 4 and I'm going to print the statement on august 4 but I'm going to apply for my visa around 2nd week of august because of my tb test schedule can i still use that statement on the 2nd week of august?
2. My tb test is on august 12 can i apply online for visa and pay them by august 11 so I can submit my papers on august 14 is it possible?because my course start sept 8 i might b late or wat, i going to apply in ikeja lagos
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Jinylarouge: 6:29am On Jul 22, 2014
Good morning.please @justwise I just sent u a mail waiting for your response..like I said I want to find out if the 28days includes weekends.because my money was fixed in on the 27th of June so when will my 28days be?thats just what I want to find out..thank you..looking forward to your response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:08am On Jul 22, 2014
Jinylarouge: Good morning.please @justwise I just sent u a mail waiting for your response..like I said I want to find out if the 28days includes weekends.because my money was fixed in on the 27th of June so when will my 28days be?thats just what I want to find out..thank you..looking forward to your response.

Yes 28days counts includes Saturday and Sunday and i have replied your email as well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by agates: 7:33am On Jul 22, 2014
@ justwise and everyone I have submitted my application ystdy oo. Scared cos I stammered a bit during the interview and I practiced o. It all happened so fast. I also didn't attach the conversion rate be cos I had more than enough funds in my account. Hope that's not a problem.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sunvick(m): 7:45am On Jul 22, 2014
Pls can somebody help with the Ikeja n Abuja visa office address.
Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:48am On Jul 22, 2014
agates: @ justwise and everyone I have submitted my application ystdy oo. Scared cos I stammered a bit during the interview and I practiced o. It all happened so fast. I also didn't attach the conversion rate be cos I had more than enough funds in my account. Hope that's not a problem.

That is not an issue since you have more than enough, it becomes an issue when exchange rate fluctuations affects your balance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dspy45: 8:48am On Jul 22, 2014
justwise:

That is not an issue since you have more than enough, it becomes an issue when exchange rate fluctuations affects your balance.

@agates and justwise.... what were the interview questions like?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dspy45: 8:48am On Jul 22, 2014
agates: @ justwise and everyone I have submitted my application ystdy oo. Scared cos I stammered a bit during the interview and I practiced o. It all happened so fast. I also didn't attach the conversion rate be cos I had more than enough funds in my account. Hope that's not a problem.

@agates ... what were the interview questions like?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gmolen(m): 9:35am On Jul 22, 2014
DonOms:

Yes, the minimum is 28 days. It can stay a little more of course but when you print statement, make sure the day of printing is as closest as possible to the day you'll submit documents.
Ok. Thanks again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.