Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (393) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864691 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 4:01pm On Oct 02, 2014
jamela:
I thought so as well. That would have been the ideal thing to do, but her school is notorious for taking extended long periods of time in preparing transcripts and she needs to get her offer, ATAS and CAS then apply for visa all before Jan '15. And that's why we want to know if she can just use her student copy instead of waiting months for the new main transcript.

She should try first. If the school rejects it, then take the longer route
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 4:02pm On Oct 02, 2014
kemkem30: Alhamdulillah, I got 3 approval emails today (myself and 2 kids). It's been a very long process for me and I am extremely glad to finally start this PhD.
I thank everyone on this thread. @justwise @bambamzz @tobeee @spikesC @donoms @Olisedinma @etc
I applied on the 24th of september without my hubby. I submitted the following:
1: Consent letter (from my hubby)and evidence of why he didn't apply with us
2: birth and marriage certificates
3: family album (very detailed showing births and anniversaries)
4: my degree certificate
5: change of name
6:Bank statement
7: Evidence of Child care arrangement
8: Evidence of suitable accommodation for my kids
9: Transcript
10: fasting and prayers

Finally. Congrats cool

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by perfect08(m): 4:13pm On Oct 02, 2014
goldendraco:

Any luck, how did it go

Same old story. I'm worried ooo. Anything after wednesday is wrong for me. Na baba God hand I dey ooo.

Though it's teleperformance office but VFS pitched their tent somewhere around there for people that want to collect their document.

Wetin man go do now?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Olisedinma: 4:20pm On Oct 02, 2014
@kemkem 30. Being a long time coming,it really gladdens my heart to hear you got the approval mail,am next in line to receive the mail.

Congrats!!!

kemkem30: Alhamdulillah, I got 3 approval emails today (myself and 2 kids). It's been a very long process for me and I am extremely glad to finally start this PhD.
I thank everyone on this thread. @justwise @bambamzz @tobeee @spikesC @donoms @Olisedinma @etc

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 4:41pm On Oct 02, 2014
spikesC:
Finally. Congrats cool
Olisedinma: @kemkem 30. Being a long time coming,it really gladdens my heart to hear you got the approval mail,am next in line to receive the mail.

Congrats!!!

Thanks.
@Olisedinma u will get it soon by the grace of God
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Amdan: 4:45pm On Oct 02, 2014
@ justwise spikesC and other ogas

I just finished an MSc (sponsored by an agency in Nigeria) and got an offer for PhD (sponsored by the Uni.) to start immediately. I want to extend my visa so I contacted the agency for letter of consent to include in my visa application but they refused. Will not including the consent letter affect my application in any way?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jayseis: 5:35pm On Oct 02, 2014
@Frangbon,

Sure we can meet up. Friday, tomorrow ok?

Cheers.

Frangbon:

I am

Doing MSc Software Engineering

Cool place I must say

Let's meet up
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 02, 2014
perfect08:

Same old story. I'm worried ooo. Anything after wednesday is wrong for me. Na baba God hand I dey ooo.

Though it's teleperformance office but VFS pitched their tent somewhere around there for people that want to collect their document.

Wetin man go do now?

Why are they doing this to us, had to change my ticket today. Wednesday is bad news for me too, last day I'm given to resume is on the 10th. The collection duration is becoming longer than the visa processing duration. Am hoping and counting on tomorrow
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by alizenbohr: 5:56pm On Oct 02, 2014
goldendraco:

Why are they doing this to us, had to change my ticket today. Wednesday is bad news for me too, last day I'm given to resume is on the 10th. The collection duration is becoming longer than the visa processing duration. Am hoping and counting on tomorrow

I'm in a similar dilemma.
Pls did u have to pay extra to change your flight date? By how much?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 02, 2014
alizenbohr:

I'm in a similar dilemma.
Pls did u have to pay extra to change your flight date? By how much?

Am just tired, yes you have too. I paid $130 for change of date. It all depends, I wanted to change it to on the 3rd of October, but they are charging me for difference in fare and Change of date which total to $340, and it's much, so had to pick a date that I will only be charge change of date fee. Just praying they answer is tomorrow, don't have money to use and change date again.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by joudesin: 6:30pm On Oct 02, 2014
jamela:

Do you know of anyone who applied for a visa with student copy transcript and was issued visa?

I had a similar challenge, reply my mail,d process of getting by it is somewhat easy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by deoluwatinto(m): 7:10pm On Oct 02, 2014
jamela:

Do you know of anyone who applied for a visa with student copy transcript and was issued visa?

I did, but I added my BSc certificate, just in case
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Hahyour: 7:22pm On Oct 02, 2014
@justwise...I v not received any mail yet n am worried oh!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by alizenbohr: 8:16pm On Oct 02, 2014
@ meiloya,
Have u collected your visa from the VAC?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MallamYahaya(m): 4:59am On Oct 03, 2014
@Justwise, please I need your opinion on this. I submitted my application on September 17, 2014 at TP VI. I got two emails same day, one informing me that it has been transferred to UKVI and another email stating that it has been received by UKVI.

Four days ago I sent an email to the UKVI requesting for the status of my application. I got a response two days later stating that my application has been processed and it's being delivered to the VAC. I infer that a decision has already been made.

What I don't understand is why TP hasn't sent me a decision has been made mail. They have also not updated their website.

My school has already started induction of PhD students. I'm worried as TP doesn't have a contact number or email address. They deliberately ensured that when you click on contact on their website it leads no where.

Please and please anyone making an appplication for visa for study purposes avoid TP VI. God to Abuja where you will experience minimum delay. Those who applied after me have received their visas.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by AmINotHuman(m): 6:42am On Oct 03, 2014
MallamYahaya: @Justwise, please I need your opinion on this. I submitted my application on September 17, 2014 at TP VI. I got two emails same day, one informing me that it has been transferred to UKVI and another email stating that it has been received by UKVI.

Four days ago I sent an email to the UKVI requesting for the status of my application. I got a response two days later stating that my application has been processed and it's being delivered to the VAC. I infer that a decision has already been made.

What I don't understand is why TP hasn't sent me a decision has been made mail. They have also not updated their website.

My school has already started induction of PhD students. I'm worried as TP doesn't have a contact number or email address. They deliberately ensured that when you click on contact on their website it leads no where.

Please and please anyone making an appplication for visa for study purposes avoid TP VI. God to Abuja where you will experience minimum delay. Those who applied after me have received their visas.

VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 7:04am On Oct 03, 2014
MallamYahaya: @Justwise, please I need your opinion on this. I submitted my application on September 17, 2014 at TP VI. I got two emails same day, one informing me that it has been transferred to UKVI and another email stating that it has been received by UKVI.

If I were u, I would have gone there to check smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Hahyour: 8:06am On Oct 03, 2014
hahyour..@justwise..Pls am so worried about the status of my application,my sch v strtd registration since and the latest date to join is 13th of October . I was at VFS office on monday but it not yet ready..pls what should I do next?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:17am On Oct 03, 2014
I submitted online since the 12th of september when my money was just about 18days old, but I did the final transaction on day 29(23rd), printed the statement of account the next day(24th). I really hope this helps somebody out there.

Congratulations! Gr8 news.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:19am On Oct 03, 2014
Hahyour: hahyour..@justwise..Pls am so worried about the status of my application,my sch v strtd registration since and the latest date to join is 13th of October . I was at VFS office on monday but it not yet ready..pls what should I do next?

There is no much you can do other than checking on them, remember that many have gone through this and got their visas at the end.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:20am On Oct 03, 2014

Have you gone to their office? Don't wait for any email from them.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:22am On Oct 03, 2014
Amdan: @ justwise spikesC and other ogas

I just finished an MSc (sponsored by an agency in Nigeria) and got an offer for PhD (sponsored by the Uni.) to start immediately. I want to extend my visa so I contacted the agency for letter of consent to include in my visa application but they refused. Will not including the consent letter affect my application in any way?

What was the agreement between you and them? Were you supposed to return back to Nigeria after graduation?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 8:22am On Oct 03, 2014
justwise:

Congratulations! Gr8 news.

Thanks a lot,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Hahyour: 8:31am On Oct 03, 2014
hahyour..@justwise thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by alizenbohr: 9:08am On Oct 03, 2014
Hahyour: hahyour..@justwise thanks

Was it VFS Ikeja you went to for collection or Etiebets place?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Amdan: 10:08am On Oct 03, 2014
That was what was implied in the agreement. However, I assumed sinceam an academic staff in a University in Nigeria and and my employer has agreed I continue, am continuing for further education and not seeking employment in the UK, the agency should allow me continue.

Just wondering if I absolutely require the consent letter to extend my visa and what happens if I dont include it?
justwise:

What was the agreement between you and them? Were you supposed to return back to Nigeria after graduation?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by smakati(m): 10:08am On Oct 03, 2014
Good day peeps,
Is there any one here who applied Sept 25 or 26 at vfs Ikeja who has received approval mail?
I submitted on Sept 25 and up till now I haven't received an approval mail. I don't know whether I should be worried or I should stay calm.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:12am On Oct 03, 2014
Amdan: That was what was implied in the agreement. However, I assumed sinceam an academic staff in a University in Nigeria and and my employer has agreed I continue, am continuing for further education and not seeking employment in the UK, the agency should allow me continue.

Just wondering if I absolutely require the consent letter to extend my visa and what happens if I dont include it?

I have to do research on this but i have read somewhere some yrs ago that you will need their consent if you want to stay longer than previously agreed. So its important that you sort it out with them before going further.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Amdan: 10:23am On Oct 03, 2014
Still on the issue with them trying to sort it out. Just praying they will finally agree
justwise: [/b]

I have to do research on this but i have read somewhere some yrs ago that you will need their consent if you want to stay longer than previously agreed. So its important that you sort it out with them before going further.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mystogan(m): 10:41am On Oct 03, 2014
Wow! I just got approval mail, I applied on the 25th TP abuja. I want to thank everyone here for there contributions, suggestions and otherwise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MallamYahaya(m): 11:13am On Oct 03, 2014
AmINotHuman:

VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Thank you very much @Justwise. Should I send an email to the above address?

This is the email I got from UKVI enquiries on 30th September, 2014:

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry
Service.
We understand that you would like to know about the current status of your
visa application. I have tracked the status (GWFxxxxxxxxxxx and date of birth
xxxxxxxxxxx) and found that the application has been processed and it should
be with you in the next few days.
Please note that your passport and documentation could still take some time
to reach you whilst being sent back from the decision making centre and
whilst other administrative formalities are completed. The visa application
centre will be in contact with you regarding the collection or delivery.
If you have purchased a courier service then your documents will be
dispatched to the delivery address you have provided. We appreciate your
patience while you wait to receive your documents.
For any further details, or should you need to contact us again please
refer to our website at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/, select
appropriate country, click next and then select 'E-Mail form' and complete
as instructed. We will aim to come back to you within 1 day.

For any further details, or should you need to contact us again please
refer to our website at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/, select
appropriate country, click next and then select “E-Mail form and complete
as instructed. We will aim to come back to you within 1 day.

Kind regards,
xxxxxxxxxxxx
UK Visa and Immigrations International Enquiry Service

We want to ensure that your experience is as
positive as it can be, which includes how you contact us. On that basis, if
you
would be prepared to receive a call to answer a few questions about our
website
and how we can improve it, please E-Mail UKVI@teamhgs.com
with your contact details, or alternatively click on this link and complete
the
survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7M9X7SR
Thank you in advance for your time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by AdesuwaMD: 11:17am On Oct 03, 2014
Fellow naijans, I salute.
I am new to this forum and in need of urgent advise on this issue that is very troubling to me and family.

I applied for a tier 4 visa for my daughter on the 9/9/14 and also applied for myself since am accompanying her to school. Mine was granted and my daughter's declined ; her school since resumed in September 2014. She is 17 and to do her A levels. Out of 23,000 pounds for the session, we have paid 18,500pounds and the school operates an all inclusive fees which includes boarding, feeding, transport fare when they need to go out of school compound, toiletries etc and this is clearly stated in the letter of admission and other materials we submitted to the embassy. She had 30 points in cas and scored 0 in maintenance. Yet my bank statement I submitted has more than the outstanding fees as at the 28days they recommended and far far morethan enough beyond the 28 days. Now their ground of refusal is...am quoting them word for word......
"You are required to show that you have 7,380 pounds for maintenance and 4,555 pounds which are outstanding in respect of your fees. You have provided your mothers bank statement as evidence of funds, however, her bank statement dipped to N1,311,101.89(11,935 pounds) on the 18the August. Her bank account is dated 31 August. She needed to show that she held 11, 935 pounds continuously for 28days proceeding 31 August. I am therefore not satisfied that you have provided the specified documents to show you are in possession of sufficient funds, as detailed in paragraph 10 to 13 of Appendix C of the Immigration Rules. You therefore do not meet the requirements to be granted entry clearance under Tier 4 (General) Student and I refuse your application under paragraph 245ZV(c)of the Immigration rules"" If you believe that the decision made by the entry clearance officer was incorrect, you may apply for an administrative review of your case. You may request one administrative review of your case. Your right of appeal is limited to the grounds referred to in section 84(1)(c) of the Nationality Immigration and Asylum Act 2002:''
On receipt of this, we immediately called and wrote to the school. They were very surprised and sent us a letter on their letter head explaining that all we have paid was inclusive of maintenance fee, but unfortunately we have been asked not to submit any new evidence along with our administrative review which we have since done on 24/9/2014 explaining all we could to them.
Justwise, seeing the justice you and other good Nigerians have been doing to other peoples questions, can you help do justice to my own. My heart breaks for my daughter seeing how sad she looks these days,,,,very unlike her. My question is DO I HAVE A CASE? WILL THEIR DECISION BE IN OUR FAVOUR? HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE BEFORE THEY CALL US? IS THERE SOMEONE I CAN GO TO EXPLAIN MY CASE TO PHYSICALLY? CAN I REAPPLY AS TIME IS OF ESSENCE SINCE HER MATES HAVE SINCE RSUMED? OR WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST I DO?

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.