Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,732 members, 7,824,066 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (412) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866041 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:40pm On Nov 28, 2014
portelli:

thank U wise. but I would like to know the problems that I may encounter if I use my brother's sponsorship, because I don't work to have such amount of money?

Only your father, mother or legal guidance can sponsor you. If your brother truly want to sponsor you then have the money in your account, you don't need to proof the source of the money. It's not part of student visa requirements.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by countsparrow: 6:53pm On Nov 28, 2014
countsparrow:
Please House I need this questions answered...

when I put my maintenance fee in my account, I had in excess of 40,000 naira, although when I started with my 28 days count, I had to make a withdrawal of 16,000 naira, but now due to d increase in pounds, as of today, I have fallen short of 20,000naira... Should I concerned

My last deposit was on 11/11/2014 at 11pm, can I still count dat as my first day

Justwise, donOms, spikeC
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by portelli: 7:26pm On Nov 28, 2014
justwise:

Only your father, mother or legal guidance can sponsor you. If your brother truly want to sponsor you then have the money in your account, you don't need to proof the source of the money. It's not part of student visa requirements.
thanks Wise...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by portelli: 10:56am On Nov 29, 2014
worry359:

You need an acceptance letter from the school.
Most schools need some kind of payment before issuing that.
Otherwise too many people go missing, use the visa for entry but not attend the school.
Hi guys but in my case, the university I applied to says no need for deposit since I have a sponsor who has signed an
agreement to pay, will that reduce my chances of
securing visa, in as much as my sponsor has
sufficient funds that cover at least the first year of my
living expenses and tuition fees?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 11:07am On Nov 29, 2014
portelli:

Hi guys but in my case, the university I applied to says no need for deposit since I have a sponsor who has signed an
agreement to pay, will that reduce my chances of
securing visa, in as much as my sponsor has
sufficient funds that cover at least the first year of my
living expenses and tuition fees?
If you have an acceptance letter from the school stating that they accept your sponsor then you can apply.
BUT BUT BUT!
If your sponsor can only pay one year who will pay the rest?
You can not earn enough while studying to pay tuition and accomodation.
Taking your sponsors funds for one year then leaving the school would be wrong.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by portelli: 11:50am On Nov 29, 2014
worry359:

If you have an acceptance letter from the school stating that they accept your sponsor then you can apply.
BUT BUT BUT!
If your sponsor can only pay one year who will pay the rest?
You can not earn enough while studying to pay tuition and accomodation.
Taking your sponsors funds for one year then leaving the school would be wrong.
Thank you. But I didn't mean my sponsor will only pay for one year, I meant that he would be sponsoring me for the rest of my studies but he currently has the required fund for one year. Thanks Worry.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Osy294: 12:41pm On Nov 30, 2014
Please I want to be clear on this 28 days rule. If I got the required funds on the 25th of November, then 23rd december makes it 28 days right?
So can I print out a statement on the 23rd or I have to wait?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 3:56pm On Nov 30, 2014
Osy294:
Please I want to be clear on this 28 days rule. If I got the required funds on the 25th of November, then 23rd december makes it 28 days right?
So can I print out a statement on the 23rd or I have to wait?

yes, you can print on that day
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 01, 2014
justwise:

Ask your school for 2 weeks extension and submit your application on 27th of Dec, you still stand a chance.

Hi justwise, my school has rejected the request for extension, saying I should have tied my end since my cas was issued in early November.

What do you think my chances are now?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 10:58am On Dec 01, 2014
olukenzo:

Hi justwise, my school has rejected the request for extension, saying I should have tied my end since my cas was issued in early November.
What do you think my chances are now?

If your school will not allow extension then you must move on.
Get ready and apply for the next admission.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 01, 2014
worry359:

If your school will not allow extension then you must move on.
Get ready and apply for the next admission.

Thanks for the reply.

Have you seen the my earlier comments? My Visa application will be submitted on the 27th of this month and my course starts in February. I just want ample time, not for myself, but for the ukvi.

You frankly think my visa application will fall short because of this time constraint? Hence, I should ditch the visa application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by hallengray(m): 11:47am On Dec 01, 2014
Goodmorning house. Please does anyone know of any university inside London that i can apply to for March? I can't meet up with January anymore. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:58am On Dec 01, 2014
olukenzo:

Thanks for the reply.

Have you seen the my earlier comments? My Visa application will be submitted on the 27th of this month and my course starts in February. I just want ample time, not for myself, but for the ukvi.

You frankly think my visa application will fall short because of this time constraint? Hence, I should ditch the visa application?

27th December to February? that's enough time
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 01, 2014
spikesC:

27th December to February? that's enough time

2nd of February to be precise.

My worry is that I am told applicants are refused based on time constraint issue and I am also aware December/January is a peak period for visa applications, hence, my request for additional time...

Further, I except that visa applications are on first-come-first-serve basis...

From experience, Lagos or Abuja? Which is likely to be faster? BTW, I live and work in Lagos.

I have hit the panic button embarassed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Anugoson(m): 12:43pm On Dec 01, 2014
Pls house i need and urgent answer...My cousin wants 2 apply for a postgraduate admission @ university of Aberdeen...want 2 know the possibility of she staying back after studies and working there...what are the requirements for that...Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 1:51pm On Dec 01, 2014
olukenzo:

2nd of February to be precise.

My worry is that I am told applicants are refused based on time constraint issue and I am also aware December/January is a peak period for visa applications, hence, my request for additional time...

Further, I except that visa applications are on first-come-first-serve basis...

From experience, Lagos or Abuja? Which is likely to be faster? BTW, I live and work in Lagos.

I have hit the panic button embarassed

You have 15 working days so they can't deny you because of time.
Submit at Abuja if you can
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 01, 2014
spikesC:

You have 15 working days so they can't deny you because of time.
Submit at Abuja if you can

Thanks spikesC, I have renewed hopes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 2:11pm On Dec 01, 2014
olukenzo:

Thanks spikesC, I have renewed hopes.
cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Anugoson(m): 2:40pm On Dec 01, 2014
Anugoson:
Pls house i need and urgent answer...My cousin wants 2 apply for a postgraduate admission @ university of Aberdeen...want 2 know the possibility of she staying back after studies and working there...what are the requirements for that...Thanks
someone should please answer me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:47pm On Dec 01, 2014
Anugoson:

It's almost impossible only if she one of the very lucky ones to get graduate job after graduation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Anugoson(m): 3:50pm On Dec 01, 2014
justwise:

It's almost impossible only if she one of the very lucky ones to get graduate job after graduation.
Bro pls what is the possibility of her getting a job after her M.Sc in Oil and Gas Chemistry at University of Aberdeen and also I heard that if one wnts 2 stay back after studies,that their is a minimum amount the person shuld have in his/her account b4 they consider allowing the person 2 stay bk...How true is that?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 4:33pm On Dec 01, 2014
Anugoson:
Bro pls what is the possibility of her getting a job after her M.Sc in Oil and Gas Chemistry at University of Aberdeen and also I heard that if one wnts 2 stay back after studies,that their is a minimum amount the person shuld have in his/her account b4 they consider allowing the person 2 stay bk...How true is that?

That is not true, if she is lucky to get a graduate job then the company will issue her an employment letter which is needed for work permit application. Getting a graduate job after graduation is tough. She can only try and see if it works out for her.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 4:40pm On Dec 01, 2014
Anugoson:

At good universities (Aberdeen is one)
Prospective employers will look at THE BEST students for potential employees.
She should find out about any job fairs or similar (ask at Uni or Students Union)
She should be one of the top students to stand out.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by countsparrow: 6:40pm On Dec 01, 2014
countsparrow:

when I put my maintenance fee in my account, I had in excess of 40,000 naira, although when I started with my 28 days count, I had to make a withdrawal of 16,000 naira, but now due to d increase in pounds, as of today, I have fallen short of 20,000naira... Should I be concerned

My last deposit was on 11/11/2014 at 11pm, can I still count dat as my first day
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 6:50pm On Dec 01, 2014
countsparrow:
You count from when you had more than the required funds in your account.
The sum MUST remain above the minimum for at least 28 days.
If it falls below, build it back up and count from then.
You can put money in and out as long as the sum allways remains above the requiret funds.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 7:40pm On Dec 01, 2014
countsparrow:

So now that I have fallen 20k short due to the rise in pounds I will have to restart again
This is serious...
Sad
but you will not be the only one.
The price of oil is crashing just at the moment.

The pound has not changed it's the Naire that has been devalued by the Nigerian government.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tshegs19: 7:58pm On Dec 01, 2014
@spikesc
Pls how long does it take to receive CAS after depositing a fee.?
My bank said their next bid is on Wednesday (3rd)..that's wen d fee wud be transferred to my Uni.
My other acc. wud be mature on the 12th Dec.. I intend to print statement on the 15th.
& hopefully get an appointment date that same week.
Uni. Resumption date :19th Jan.
Please, is my timeline okay? I'm worried abt d CAS now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:14pm On Dec 01, 2014
countsparrow:

when I put my maintenance fee in my account, I had in excess of 40,000 naira, although when I started with my 28 days count, I had to make a withdrawal of 16,000 naira, but now due to d increase in pounds, as of today, I have fallen short of 20,000naira... Should I concerned

This sort of question has been answered here over and over again even last week, if you read one or two pages back you will find answers to your question but if you can,t then good luck with whichever decision you decided to take.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ironbender101(m): 8:22pm On Dec 01, 2014
@pato I did my TB test today and got the result by 5pm today. I think the idea behind this is just to make money for these British guys. I honestly do not see the need. I'm applying by Wednesday also in Abuja.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 8:27pm On Dec 01, 2014
ironbender101:
@pato I did my TB test today and got the result by 5pm today. I think the idea behind this is just to make money for these British guys. I honestly do not see the need. I'm applying by Wednesday also in Abuja.
It's not a simple catchpenny for the UK.
They do not want prople wandering about spreading drug resistant TB around.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-drug-resistant_tuberculosis
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ironbender101(m): 8:37pm On Dec 01, 2014
worry359:

It's not a simple catchpenny for the UK.
They do not want prople wandering about spreading drug resistant TB around.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-drug-resistant_tuberculosis

Noted and thanks for the info.

(1) (2) (3) ... (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.