Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,488 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (409) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865264 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 11:34am On Nov 21, 2014
Fumike:
please i need help on the issue of proof of funds.what proof do i need i,s it bank statement proving i have all the funds or a particular proof.cos i have 8m in my account and i just need 5m for both course fees and maintanance.the money hasn't drop 5m since the beginning of the year.should i just present a bank statement or i have to go through another process. i am confuse about the 28 days and something about the proof of evidence should be in d account not more than 31 days.cos i am thinking of applying on Wednesday

Yes, your proof of funds will be your bank statement showing all the required money. You need to prove the required money has been in your account for at least 28 days.

So, consider a date X when a transaction was made on the account (which either completes the required money or just an addition to it), and print from that date X to another date Y. The period between dates X and Y must be at least 28 days. Also, the date you print the statement must be less than 31 days from date Y.

I hope it is clearer that way.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 11:40am On Nov 21, 2014
Osy294:
Please I need serious help and advise.
I got an admission into university of westminster. I just received an email from them on monday evening stating that I got the half tuition scholarship. I've paid the other half today.

However, friday 19th december would be the 28th day that I have had the maintenance funds. sad
Would I still be able to apply and get a visa before the resumption date of 5th january?

You will have only 7 working days. While it is possible to get visa within 7 working days, you should always leave 15 working days before resumption so as to be safe.

Does your school have an extended date for resumption? Contact them to have you given some 1 - 2 weeks and have them acknowledge this on your CAS note to the UKVI. This will give you rest of mind and avoidance of refusal due to late application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 2:49pm On Nov 21, 2014
Osy294:
Please I need serious help and advise.
I got an admission into university of westminster. I just received an email from them on monday evening stating that I got the half tuition scholarship. I've paid the other half today.

However, friday 19th december would be the 28th day that I have had the maintenance funds. sad
Would I still be able to apply and get a visa before the resumption date of 5th january?

To add to @DonOms's reply even if your visa is issued in one week you need extra days for the passport to arrive at the VAC,got my approval email Wednesday,today Friday I have not received a mail from teleperformance yet.best you ask for 1-2 weeks extra from your uni.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gwobo(m): 9:37pm On Nov 21, 2014
Please I need your opinions. I gained admission for Masters from January at uni. of Derby. statement of account is good enough. the school requires 50% of fees which is about 1.6M. I want to know if an additional 900k will be sufficient to finalize all process for the study to begin.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 9:51pm On Nov 21, 2014
gwobo:
Please I need your opinions. I gained admission for Masters from January at uni. of Derby. statement of account is good enough. the school requires 50% of fees which is about 1.6M. I want to know if an additional 900k will be sufficient to finalize all process for the study to begin.
NO
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gwobo(m): 10:17pm On Nov 21, 2014
pato231:

NO
In your opinion what could be enough?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 10:53pm On Nov 21, 2014
gwobo:

In your opinion what could be enough?

If you pay the deposit of 1.6M (half tuition), you must show you have the remaining 1.6M plus the require maintenance fund. Nothing short of that is sufficient.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by hallengray(m): 5:55am On Nov 22, 2014
Goodmorning friends. I want to apply for the tier4 visa by January but i have not done any form of English test, was planning to write ielts but i got seats for January which is too close for me. Can i present my WAEC instead? Will this cause me any problem?
Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 6:20am On Nov 22, 2014
hallengray:
Goodmorning friends. I want to apply for the tier4 visa by January but i have not done any form of English test, was planning to write ielts but i got seats for January which is too close for me. Can i present my WAEC instead? Will this cause me any problem?
Thanks.
You submit documents listed in your CAS,you have to discuss with your school to accept the Waec in lieu of English proficiency test.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by axtwwppw(m): 9:17am On Nov 22, 2014
pato231:

NO
3.63m will do it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by axtwwppw(m): 9:32am On Nov 22, 2014
gwobo:
living cost outside London is £820 by 9months amounting to £7380. Multiplying that by today's exchange rate from panda will be #2009514.96 plus the balance #1600000 equals #3609513.96. so you'll need £13260 to finalize the process.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DSSHQ: 10:10am On Nov 22, 2014
Hello Justwise and DonOms. Please I want to be double sure on this issue.I lodged money in my account on the 18th of November to account for my complete tuition fees and living expenses. I withdrew on the 21st of November to pay for my tuition deposit.The remaining money is more than enough for my tuition and living expenses.Considering my last transaction on the 21st,please when will it be advisable to print out my bank statement ? Counting from the 18th or the 21st ? I wanted to count from the 18th considering the fact that december has a lot of holidays at the end of the month ;Also my school is resuming early January. Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 10:25am On Nov 22, 2014
DSSHQ:
Hello Justwise and DonOms. Please I want to be double sure on this issue.I lodged money in my account on the 18th of November to account for my complete tuition fees and living expenses. I withdrew on the 21st of November to pay for my tuition deposit.The remaining money is more than enough for my tuition and living expenses.Considering my last transaction on the 21st,please when will it be advisable to print out my bank statement ? Counting from the 18th or the 21st ? I wanted to count from the 18th considering the fact that december has a lot of holidays at the end of the month ;Also my school is resuming early January. Thanks for your anticipated response.

As long as the money remaining there on the 21st Nov. is equal to or greater than the amount needed (rest of tuition + maintenance), then you can print from the 18th NOV. as you are thinking. Your 28th day of count will be Dec. 16.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DSSHQ: 11:30am On Nov 22, 2014
DonOms:

As long as the money remaining there on the 21st Nov. is equal to or greater than the amount needed (rest of tuition + maintenance), then you can print from the 18th NOV. as you are thinking. Your 28th day of count will be Dec. 16.
Thanks.God bless.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:38am On Nov 22, 2014
DSSHQ:

In addition to what DonOms said.....make a note of that school fees payment on the 21st of November in your application form reminding the ECO that the money was used for school fees.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by temmydayz: 12:46pm On Nov 22, 2014
Kindly assist me on these. Can I apply for the UK student visa with a fixed deposit certificate?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 3:58pm On Nov 22, 2014
temmydayz:
Kindly assist me on these. Can I apply for the UK student visa with a fixed deposit certificate?

It will be assumed that you don't have instant access to the money and therefore by UKVI policy, you shouldn't use it.

However, someone once posted here that he got a visa by using the fixed deposit certificate coupled with a letter from the bank that the money is available for withdrawal any time.

Try to read the previous pages where it was said and confirm the information from other sources too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by countsparrow: 4:23pm On Nov 22, 2014
pato231:

If you have been away from education for a long time,say 5years up you can include letter from employer or detailed write up stating what you have been doing.only include documents stated in your CAS,if the HOD reference letter ain't stated then no need including.

Such letters or write ups should be addressed to And should it be typed or handwritten

Cc SpikeC, DonOms, Justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DSSHQ: 4:34pm On Nov 22, 2014
justwise:

In addition to what DonOms said.....make a note of that school fees payment on the 21st of November in your application form reminding the ECO that the money was used for school fees.
Thanks and God bless.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Osy294: 10:25pm On Nov 22, 2014
DonOms:

You will have only 7 working days. While it is possible to get visa within 7 working days, you should always leave 15 working days before resumption so as to be safe.

Does your school have an extended date for resumption? Contact them to have you given some 1 - 2 weeks and have them acknowledge this on your CAS note to the UKVI. This will give you rest of mind and avoidance of refusal due to late application.

Thank you. I'll try to do that
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 23, 2014
DSSHQ:
Thanks.God bless.

@justwise so tickets from Lagos Muritala Mohammed to london is about 400k this Christmas? or is there anywhere its lesser?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 1:16pm On Nov 24, 2014
obipyper:

@justwise so tickets from Lagos Muritala Mohammed to london is about 400k this Christmas? or is there anywhere its lesser?

It depends on the airline too. Someone booked return from Lagos to UK (not London) last week (for travel from 4th to 21 Dec) with emirates for 200K. I advice you use wakanow to search your flight then book directly on the airline's website.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 24, 2014
DonOms:

It depends on the airline too. Someone booked return from Lagos to UK (not London) last week (for travel from 4th to 21 Dec) with emirates for 200K. I advice you use wakanow to search your flight then book directly on the airline's website.

@justwise actually got a lower prices don't know if its right you could help me check please.. a reply will be wonderful..... http://fly4.emirates.com/CAB/IBE/ResultByPrice.aspx
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ironbender101(m): 1:06am On Nov 25, 2014
HI all,

Time difference don finish me. I submitted my visa form online with the hope the date was 25th I forgot UK is 1hr behind us. My intention was to print the form and my bank statement today being 25th and also Oando exchange rate. Now literally it means I submitted the form on 24th and now can I print the bank statement and the exchange rate today 25th. Is this a big problem?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 6:45am On Nov 25, 2014
ironbender101:
HI all,

Time difference don finish me. I submitted my visa form online with the hope the date was 25th I forgot UK is 1hr behind us. My intention was to print the form and my bank statement today being 25th and also Oando exchange rate. Now literally it means I submitted the form on 24th and now can I print the bank statement and the exchange rate today 25th. Is this a big problem?
Same thing happened to me,like me I see you have more than the required fund in your account from your previous messages.
What I did was print my statement and also used same date for oanda print out.its not an issue at all,just be certain you show minimum 28days when printing statement.best of luck

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:33am On Nov 25, 2014
DonOms:

@justwise we already book that the problem now how much BTA we need , heard some people saying 1thousnad pounds is what is required but we are just staying for a week (me and my dad) dont know if 500 will be enough?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:25pm On Nov 25, 2014
obipyper:

@justwise we already book that the problem now how much BTA we need , heard some people saying 1thousnad pounds is what is required but we are just staying for a week (me and my dad) dont know if 500 will be enough?

Hold amount that will cover your expense in the UK...accommodation, shopping and transport within London.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by honourableseyi: 2:24pm On Nov 25, 2014
Please can anybody help with IELTS preparatory materials? Thanks in advance for your help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by layi4reeal: 3:10pm On Nov 25, 2014
hello people,
im really worried now. I submitted my application on 13th november and i got a notification on my teleperformance account that it was delivered to UKVI on 14th. since then, i didnt get any update on my teleperformance account neither did i get any email saying the visa application has been considered or a decision has been made. I just checked my teleperformance account now and it has updated to 'Dispatch by Courier. Your passport was dispatched by courier on 25/11/2014 to the address you provided and should be with you soon". This is really scary because I know that normally, if the visa is approved, I should get an approval email. Does this mean that it was refused?
Has anyone here dealt with this kind of thing before?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 6:03pm On Nov 25, 2014
layi4reeal:
hello people,
im really worried now. I submitted my application on 13th november and i got a notification on my teleperformance account that it was delivered to UKVI on 14th. since then, i didnt get any update on my teleperformance account neither did i get any email saying the visa application has been considered or a decision has been made. I just checked my teleperformance account now and it has updated to 'Dispatch by Courier. Your passport was dispatched by courier on 25/11/2014 to the address you provided and should be with you soon". [b][/b]This is really scary because I know that normally, if the visa is approved, I should get an approval email. Does this mean that it was refused?
Has anyone here dealt with this kind of thing before?
[email][/email]
Met a guy today,he shouted when he checked his passport and saw visa was issued,asked him why,he said got no mail from UKVI just the one from teleperformance.so chill its not a clear case of refusal nor approval,hope for the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by layi4reeal: 7:37pm On Nov 25, 2014
pato231:
[email][/email]
Met a guy today,he shouted when he checked his passport and saw visa was issued,asked him why,he said got no mail from UKVI just the one from teleperformance.so chill its not a clear case of refusal nor approval,hope for the best.
. Thanks man. Hoping for d best really. I guess u finally picked up your passport then. Congrats.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by portelli: 8:23pm On Nov 25, 2014
Helloo guys, can one find cheapest engineering university at 12000 pounds per year?

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.