Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (418) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865345 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Melv: 6:53pm On Dec 15, 2014
Hello,
Please are the student visa applications made in Teleperformance Ikeja sent to sheffield or Abuja? I applied at VI in August and waited almost a month just to be refused -_- please where is faster?
Thank you!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DSSHQ: 8:43pm On Dec 15, 2014
Hello Justwise, SpikeC and co. Pls don't mind my question.I need to print my statement tomorrow.Do I print from just 18th November to 16th December(28 days) Or I print statements for months of November and December separately? Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 8:46pm On Dec 15, 2014
Melv:
Hello,
Please are the student visa applications made in Teleperformance Ikeja sent to sheffield or Abuja? I applied at VI in August and waited almost a month just to be refused -_- please where is faster?
Thank you!!
VI applications are processed at Sheffield while ikeja is done at Abuja

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ironbender101(m): 8:48pm On Dec 15, 2014
pato231:

VI applications are processed at Sheffield while ikeja is done at Abuja

Bro what about Abuja? I applied since 3rd and got a message that they have received the application. Now waiting for their decision since then........ WORRIED!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:49pm On Dec 15, 2014
DSSHQ:
Hello Justwise, SpikeC and co. Pls don't mind my question.I need to print my statement tomorrow.Do I print from just 18th November to 16th December(28 days) Or I print statements for months of November and December separately? Thanks for your anticipated response.

Just the 28days statement.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Amdan: 8:54pm On Dec 15, 2014
Amdan:
Hi all,

I am applying for a tier 4 visa for my wife and baby and intend to use my own bank account. I already have my visa (for PhD) and claimed established presence status (by showing lesser amount) to apply for my current visa.
When applying for my family, is it advisable to state under the "Additional Information" section of the online form that I have already benefited from established presence and want my dependants to benefit from same (since UK immigration rule allows for this)? Or should I leave that for the ECO to figure out?

Also, on my marriage affidavit, some letters on the edges of affidavit are missing (from production) but still readable. Should I go and make another or leave it as it is before submitting at the application centre?

@justwise, spikec and co, pls help me with this question
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 8:54pm On Dec 15, 2014
ironbender101:

Bro what about Abuja? I applied since 3rd and got a message that they have received the application. Now waiting for their decision since then........ WORRIED!!!
Abuja is always faster.when is your course start date?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ironbender101(m): 8:56pm On Dec 15, 2014
pato231:

Abuja is always faster.when is your course start date?

26th Jan bro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DSSHQ: 9:04pm On Dec 15, 2014
justwise:

Just the 28days statement.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 9:05pm On Dec 15, 2014
ironbender101:

26th Jan bro
You still have time bro,tot you were learning how to cook egusi to take your mind off the visa process..Lol,i believe you will get the much awaited approval email this week or they have already processed and skipped sending email,day I picked up I met someone who didn't receive approval email just the package is ready for pickup email from teleperformance and his visa was issued.stay positive bro

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:37pm On Dec 15, 2014
Amdan:
Hi all,

I am applying for a tier 4 visa for my wife and baby and intend to use my own bank account. I already have my visa (for PhD) and claimed established presence status (by showing lesser amount) to apply for my current visa.
When applying for my family, is it advisable to state under the "Additional Information" section of the online form that I have already benefited from established presence and want my dependants to benefit from same (since UK immigration rule allows for this)? Or should I leave that for the ECO to figure out?

Also, on my marriage affidavit, some letters on the edges of affidavit are missing (from production) but still readable. Should I go and make another or leave it as it is before submitting at the application centre?

You don't need to state that, as long as you have lived in the UK for more than 6months then the rule automatically set in since you are the sponsor.

If the name is still readable as you said then they will be ok with it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 9:57pm On Dec 15, 2014
pato231:

You still have time bro,tot you were learning how to cook egusi to take your mind off the visa process..Lol,i believe you will get the much awaited approval email this week or they have already processed and skipped sending email,day I picked up I met someone who didn't receive approval email just the package is ready for pickup email from teleperformance and his visa was issued.stay positive bro

Hahaha grin

If i tell him my own took a month and a week, na suicide contemplation be that nah cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 10:17pm On Dec 15, 2014
spikesC:

Hahaha grin

If i tell him my own took a month and a week, na suicide contemplation be that nah cheesy
Pls don't o... grin
How is medway,hitting town in 2 weeks time make I still chop more garri and okro soup.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 10:59pm On Dec 15, 2014
pato231:

Pls don't o... grin
How is medway,hitting town in 2 weeks time make I still chop more garri and okro soup.

Medway is quiet oo.
Lol...I go join una this weekend. Am coming back to eat my own cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DSSHQ: 8:27am On Dec 16, 2014
Hello friends.Pls,In filling the visa application online,what would you guys suggest I fill as 'intended travel date ' ? My course begins on the 5th of January though I can still arrive till the 19th of January,2015. Secondly,I have seen two different Appendix 8 forms online. What's the authentic link ? Or is it not necessary for General tier 4 visa ? Cc: Justwise, SpikesC
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ironbender101(m): 8:31am On Dec 16, 2014
I just got this email from the UKVI after trying to track my application,

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 8:36am On Dec 16, 2014
ironbender101:
I just got this email from the UKVI after trying to track my application,
Bro I don't even think you should have tracked the application,your course starts ending January you have ample time still.take charge of your anxiety.All will be fine

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ironbender101(m): 8:40am On Dec 16, 2014
pato231:

Bro I don't even think you should have tracked the application,your course starts ending January you have ample time still.take charge of your anxiety.All will be fine

Yes but I want to travel on the 27th of this month to Hongkong.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 8:59am On Dec 16, 2014
ironbender101:

Yes but I want to travel on the 27th of this month to Hongkong.
Don't buy travel ticket yet for HK till you have your passport at hand,take into consideration the holidays and weekends it's likely passport won't be returned before 27th

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kathy007(f): 9:05am On Dec 16, 2014
My maintenance fee was in my dad's business account before now as we were not aware that it had to be in a personal account. So when i was told that it wouldn't work that way, my dad transferred it into a personal account. But the thing is the money will be 28 days by 9th of january and late enrolment in school is 26th january. Is it possible that i apply for visa and still get to travel befor this 26th? As i wouldn't be able to enrol again after this date. Please i need help.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 9:13am On Dec 16, 2014
DSSHQ:
Hello friends.Pls,In filling the visa application online,what would you guys suggest I fill as 'intended travel date ' ? My course begins on the 5th of January though I can still arrive till the 19th of January,2015. Secondly,I have seen two different Appendix 8 forms online. What's the authentic link ? Or is it not necessary for General tier 4 visa ? Cc: Justwise, SpikesC

Intended travel date is the date you're making plans to travel on. Take into consideration the visa processing time and your school start dates.

Download the one from ukba government website.
It's really not necessary but visa submission centres ask of it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kathy007(f): 9:14am On Dec 16, 2014
Also, which VAC is faster when applying from lagos (Ikeja or VI)?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 9:16am On Dec 16, 2014
kathy007:
My maintenance fee was in my dad's business account before now as we were not aware that it had to be in a personal account. So when i was told that it wouldn't work that way, my dad transferred it into a personal account. But the thing is the money will be 28 days by 9th of january and late enrolment in school is 26th january. Is it possible that i apply for visa and still get to travel befor this 26th? As i wouldn't be able to enrol again after this date. Please i need help.

It's a gamble. But you can give it a shot if you submit at Abuja on exactly the 28th day
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 9:17am On Dec 16, 2014
kathy007:
Also, which VAC is faster when applying from lagos (Ikeja or VI)?

Ikeja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kathy007(f): 9:24am On Dec 16, 2014
spikesC:

It's a gamble. But you can give it a shot if you submit at Abuja on exactly the 28th day

Thank you. So apart from applying and praying that i get a positive reply soon, there's nothing else i can do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ironbender101(m): 9:24am On Dec 16, 2014
pato231:

Don't buy travel ticket yet for HK till you have your passport at hand,take into consideration the holidays and weekends it's likely passport won't be returned before 27th

I bought since October...... that's ma major conern. I guess I would just shift it........
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 9:31am On Dec 16, 2014
kathy007:

Thank you. So apart from applying and praying that i get a positive reply soon, there's nothing else i can do?

Unfortunately, non
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 9:32am On Dec 16, 2014
ironbender101:

I bought since October...... that's ma major conern. I guess I would just shift it........

Haaa, I see why you're worried.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DSSHQ: 9:48am On Dec 16, 2014
spikesC:

Intended travel date is the date you're making plans to travel on. Take into consideration the visa processing time and your school start dates.

Download the one from ukba government website.
It's really not necessary but visa submission centres ask of it
OK thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 9:59am On Dec 16, 2014
ironbender101:

Oh I see,48 hrs before your travel date if you haven't received the package from the VAC then cancel date and leave ticket open when you have your passport you pick another date.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tmosco(m): 2:46pm On Dec 16, 2014
Thanks everyone, I just got my approved visa today. Keep up d good work.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ironbender101(m): 3:05pm On Dec 16, 2014
pato231:

Oh I see,48 hrs before your travel date if you haven't received the package from the VAC then cancel date and leave ticket open when you have your passport you pick another date.

That's exactly what I'm gonna do.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.