Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (448) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865616 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry357: 12:16pm On Apr 26, 2015
TheProgrammer:
I intend to fund my program using my gratuity after resigning from my employment where I've worked for 10years.
I don't think this is a good plan.
Do you really need to go back to school after ten years of working for a company?
Do you know if schooling will get you a better job?

I do not believe that the UKBA will be happy or accept this plan.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by barbiee: 1:30pm On Apr 26, 2015
justwise:

Deferring it without paying the whole fees will not change anything, if the fees goes up next year it will affect you. Email the school to discuss your options.
ok thanks a lot.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:56pm On Apr 26, 2015
TheProgrammer:
Hi Nairalanders, I am new to this forum. I am wondering if I can get an answer to my question here. I have a UK unconditional PG admission. Everything is fine except my proof of funding. I intend to fund my program using my gratuity after resigning from my employment where I've worked for 10years. My employer is willing to write a letter stating how much my entitlement is by the time I resign and how soon after my resignation the money will be paid to me. The company is also willing to provide its account statement as proof that it can pay my gratuity. However, I am not sure if such proof of funding is acceptable. Has anyone used similar proof before?

It doesn't work that way, is either you have the money in your account or you don't.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justhelp(m): 2:07pm On Apr 27, 2015
Hello justwise I applied to Angelia ruskin to undergraduate study (education studies) through Bcie lagos with my nce certificate and transcript with c4 in eng.Lang yet I was given conditional offer, I was ask to provide an eng.lang text score, I don't know why is this so , I don't why I will have spend money on any eng lang text , is Nigeria education that bad? Or is the policy of the uni may be I shoul just apply to other uni. Pls uk students enlight me on this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:11pm On Apr 27, 2015
justhelp:
Hello justwise I applied to Angelia ruskin to undergraduate study (education studies) through Bcie lagos with my nce certificate and transcript with c4 in eng.Lang yet I was given conditional offer, I was ask to provide an eng.lang text score, I don't know why is this so , I don't why I will have spend money on any eng lang text , is Nigeria education that bad? Or is the policy of the uni may be I shoul just apply to other uni. Pls uk students enlight me on this

Nigeria is not in the list of exempted countries. Individual schools make the decision after going through your application. You can try another school, it may be the same thing though
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justhelp(m): 2:59pm On Apr 27, 2015
justwise:

Nigeria is not in the list of exempted countries. Individual schools make the decision after going through your application. You can try another school, it may be the same thing though
thanks a lot
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by blank(f): 3:41pm On Apr 27, 2015
justhelp:

Also, it could depend on what your grade was in the English paper.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry357: 5:19pm On Apr 27, 2015
justhelp:
thanks a lot
Unfortunatly many schools have had Nigerians (and other nationalities) who state that their first language is English
turn up and be unable to read and write or even speak enough English to understand the schooling
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:55pm On Apr 27, 2015
Justwise how come RGU has more graduate prospects than most top schools in the UK?its 54th on the 2016 ranking table with 80 percent is it that weird.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:20pm On Apr 27, 2015
Preciousstones:
Justwise how come RGU has more graduate prospects than most top schools in the UK?its 54th on the 2016 ranking table with 80 percent is it that weird.

Mostly because of its location and student demographic

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jamela(f): 11:36pm On Apr 27, 2015
justhelp:

It is often placed as a requirement when the academic assessor at the university is not pleased with the command of English used in the student's application. Thereafter, they would waive the English requirement but only if they are satisfied with the demonstration of the applicant's use of the English language using Certified proof (for example IELTS-Academic, WAEC). You can't totally blame them though, I've seen some Nigerian students here in the UK unable to express themselves properly especially with the frequent mix up of tenses and typos in reports.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:04am On Apr 28, 2015
jamela:

It is often placed as a requirement when the academic assessor at the university is not pleased with the command of English used in the student's application. Thereafter, they would waive the English requirement but only if they are satisfied with the demonstration of the applicant's use of the English language using Certified proof (for example IELTS-Academic, WAEC). You can't totally blame them though, I've seen some Nigerian students here in the UK unable to express themselves properly especially with the frequent mix up of tenses and typos in reports.

You are not far from the truth

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by poshstore: 10:11pm On Apr 28, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

Yes you can accompany her, if the scholarship covers all her fees and maintenance money then she only need to show maintenance money for you.

You all get all the info here https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/420033/PBS_dependant_guidance_0415.pdf
Justwise,pls my wife has 15k pounds for maintenance from the scholarship after payment of fees and 700k naira in her salary act,i personally have 1.4M naira in my savings..So should we include my own bank statement? but her own is enough to cover all the needed cost for the 2 of us.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dekatron(m): 10:30pm On Apr 28, 2015
justwise:

If i see any of them i will bring it up but i don't think you searched very well because we have some of those in this section
how do i search again? Ehn? I don tire o. . . Waiting for the links pls. . . You be mod nah
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:46pm On Apr 28, 2015
Preciousstones:
justwise:

Mostly because of its location and student demographic

Companies tend to hire graduates of universities around them. They usually have very good relationship between them
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:09am On Apr 29, 2015
spikesC:

Companies tend to hire graduates of universities around them. They usually have very good relationship between them

Really?I thought is by name or something lols thanks for enlighten me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:18am On Apr 29, 2015
poshstore:
Justwise,pls my wife has 15k pounds for maintenance from the scholarship after payment of fees and 700k naira in her salary act,i personally have 1.4M naira in my savings..So should we include my own bank statement? but her own is enough to cover all the needed cost for the 2 of us.

You know that link I gave you stated clearly how much you need as a dependant of your wife.

See my attachment for sections from that link, it explains all you need to know

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Yejitope(f): 9:06pm On Apr 29, 2015
Hi..
I have gone through the pages of this thread and the old ones and none answered my question so i had to register to ask my question..

Please i just got admission at Sunderland uni. My aunt stays in sunderland and will be responsible for my accomodation, meanwhile i have enough maintainance funds plus accomodation money in my account to take to the embassy and apply for a visa..

My question is at the port of entry into the U.K, if asked where i would be staying, do i tell them i would be staying with my aunt till i get an accomodation??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:21pm On Apr 29, 2015
Yejitope:
Hi..
I have gone through the pages of this thread and the old ones and none answered my question so i had to register to ask my question..

Please i just got admission at Sunderland uni. My aunt stays in sunderland and will be responsible for my accomodation, meanwhile i have enough maintainance funds plus accomodation money in my account to take to the embassy and apply for a visa..

My question is at the port of entry into the U.K, if asked where i would be staying, do i tell them i would be staying with my aunt till i get an accomodation??

Nothing wrong with that.

Did you pay all your school fees?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Yejitope(f): 9:33pm On Apr 29, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

Nothing wrong with that.

Did you pay all your school fees?
No i havent
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:42pm On Apr 29, 2015
Yejitope:
No i havent

You need to have your school fees and the maintenance money (£7380) in your account for 28days before applying for visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Yejitope(f): 9:48pm On Apr 29, 2015
justwise:

You need to have your school fees and the maintenance money (£7380) in your account for 28days before applying for visa
Yes.. I already have that amount n more in my account. It has started counting and will be 28days by may end so i will be applying by the end of may..
Thanks very much..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:50pm On Apr 29, 2015
Yejitope:
Yes.. I already have that amount n more in my account. It has started counting and will be 28days by may end so i will be applying by the end of may..
Thanks very much..

Ok...you are good to go then.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Yejitope(f): 9:51pm On Apr 29, 2015
justwise:

Ok...you are good to go then.
pls you've got mail
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:52pm On Apr 29, 2015
Yejitope:
pls you've got mail

Ok will check it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Yejitope(f): 10:00pm On Apr 29, 2015
justwise:

Ok will check it
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dannyabba(m): 6:50am On Apr 30, 2015
Hello house.
About this ATAS clearance, does anyone know if they actually contact the referees? On some other online forums, some say yes, some say no.
Any idea?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by whizkidy: 4:32am On May 01, 2015
Yejitope:
Thanks very much..
note that you cant apply for students visa until three months to the start date of your program.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kennyrony(m): 8:38am On May 01, 2015
Yejitope:
Hi..

Yea u can tell them you will be staying with your Aunt, make sure u av d address and the phone number, cos u might be ask
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry357: 8:47am On May 01, 2015
Yejitope:
Hi..
It is important to tell the truth, if you are staying with your aunt then tell them that.
Make SURE that your aunt knows the story and is avaliable on a phone when you come through UK immigration.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tradenet: 11:29am On May 01, 2015
Hello,

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.