Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (446) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865299 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 09, 2015
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 1:05am On Apr 10, 2015
timyoghurt:
hello everyone,
my question is, what is the minimum balance I should have in my account for visa processing. if my school fees is 15,000 pounds.
I am applying into the UCL IOE. institute of education. MA SCIENCE EDUCATION.

Depending on the location of your school.
If it's inner London, you need 9180. If it's outside London, you need 7380.

Then, you add what ever is left of your school fees
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by cuteyangel(f): 8:35pm On Apr 10, 2015
Please could you suggest scholarships that a 2'2 graduate can get in the UK
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:30am On Apr 14, 2015
To whom it may concern, i just go this in my email.
More money for the queen wink

Please be aware of the following extremely important information which will affect your upcoming visa application.

From the 6th April UKVI have introduce a ‘health surcharge’ applicable to all points based system visa applications – including Tier 4. This means that there is an extra charge to pay as part of your visa application. This charge applies to people applying inside the UK and outside the UK for new visas. This is very important to be aware of because, if you do not pay the fee before you make your visa application, your visa application is at high risk of being refused.

If you are planning to visit one of our team for a visa application check, we will help you with this and explain how to pay the charge when you come for your visa application check. If you are planning to submit the visa application without having it checked by the team, we strongly recommend that you understand how to pay the charge before you apply for the visa and contact us for advice.

If you are outside of the UK, see the link at the bottom of the email with our contact details. We recommend you contact us for advice.

Information about the charge:

· The health surcharge is a separate additional fee to the visa application fee

· The charge is £150 per year of Tier 4 visa length to be granted (if you are requesting 6 further months of Tier 4 visa you will be charged at approximately £75 and if you are requesting more than 6 months of extra Tier 4 visa, you will be charged £150, etc)

· If you have dependants, there is a separate health surcharge for each dependant to be paid also

The link to pay the surcharge is here: https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application
When the surcharge has been paid, you are given an ‘Immigration Health Surcharge’ (HIS) reference number, which you need to write on your visa application cover sheet.

Remember: If you do not pay the health surcharge before making your visa application, it is at high risk of refusal.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry357: 11:51am On Apr 14, 2015
Cracking down on the health tourists!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:49pm On Apr 14, 2015
spikesC:
To whom it may concern, i just go this in my email.
More money for the queen wink

grin NHS is never free..somebody got to pay for it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 2:50pm On Apr 14, 2015
worry357:
Cracking down on the health tourists!

Doesn't make sense. A health tourist won't apply for Tier 4 and 2. They only apply for a tourist visa.
This is simply more money for the broke queen
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 2:54pm On Apr 14, 2015
justwise:

grin NHS is never free..somebody got to pay for it

grin
With all the noise the NHS workers are making and all the money being signed to be pushed into the sector, i am actually not surprised cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by IntroVAT: 5:28pm On Apr 14, 2015
Good people of nairaland, pls I want to know if I change academic sponsor do I still need to go through this process again?
I'm currently in first year here in the uk bsc but wish to switch to another institution and continue from second year. Do I need to do an application to ukba and show fees and maintenance etc?

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Petitediva14(f): 12:04pm On Apr 17, 2015
Please I don't know if these questions has been asked and answered before but I need answers to them.
1. What is the minimum amount you must have in your account apart from your school fees before you apply for your visa? School is in Nottingham and the course is a masters program.
2. How late can someone apply for visa? How many days before resumption?
3. Is it better to live on campus or off campus? How much does it cost to get a room off campus?

Thank you.....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:25am On Apr 19, 2015
Please, how much should I have in my bank account for a 1month short course? and how many months bank statement should I print? Thanks all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:53am On Apr 19, 2015
mirrorboy:
Please, how much should I have in my bank account for a 1month short course? and how many months bank statement should I print? Thanks all

At least £1000. Bank statement can be 3-6 months old.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:55am On Apr 19, 2015
Petitediva14:
Please I don't know if these questions has been asked and answered before but I need answers to them.
1. What is the minimum amount you must have in your account apart from your school fees before you apply for your visa? School is in Nottingham and the course is a masters program.
2. How late can someone apply for visa? How many days before resumption?
3. Is it better to live on campus or off campus? How much does it cost to get a room off campus?

Thank you.....

Read this thread for answers.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tobyke: 11:31am On Apr 19, 2015
After paying for school fees, is it necessary to pay for accommodation before a School sends unconditional offer letter.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:47am On Apr 19, 2015
tobyke:
After paying for school fees, is it necessary to pay for accommodation before a School sends unconditional offer letter.

No.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 19, 2015
justwise:

At least £1000. Bank statement can be 3-6 months old.

Thanks so much my brother.....so, I'm good to go with just 600k naira in my account?

And secondly, PLEASE, I REALLY WANT TO USE A 3 MONTHS BANK STATEMENT BECAUSE I JUST STARTED HAVING SOME REASONABLE AMOUNT IN MY ACCOUNT.....PLEASE, HOPE 3 MONTHS STATEMENT WILL NOT AFFECT MY APPLICATION?

Please kindly explain so I don't go astray.....Thanks and happy Sunday!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:34pm On Apr 19, 2015
mirrorboy:

Thanks so much my brother.....so, I'm good to go with just 600k naira in my account?

And secondly, PLEASE, I REALLY WANT TO USE A 3 MONTHS BANK STATEMENT BECAUSE I JUST STARTED HAVING SOME REASONABLE AMOUNT IN MY ACCOUNT.....PLEASE, HOPE 3 MONTHS STATEMENT WILL NOT AFFECT MY APPLICATION?

Please kindly explain so I don't go astray.....Thanks and happy Sunday!

Get all the info here https://www.gov.uk/study-visit-visa/eligibility

https://www.gov.uk/study-visit-visa/overview
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 19, 2015
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by zaliya(f): 10:38pm On Apr 19, 2015
My husband is a PhD student in the UK. He left since October 2014. As his dependants, my three kids and I are planning to join him soon. Meanwhile, the new UK immigration rule states that we must pay Health surcharge fee.

I have been to the health surcharge portal which is quite confusing.

Since my hubby is already in the UK, who is the Lead applicant and Main applicant?

On the portal, when I add myself as the Lead applicant, am asked to fill out the start date and end date (MY HUBBYS details) it wouldn't accept anydate in 2014!

Am I paying for the kids too (ages are 12, 10 and 4 years)

Thank you for your prompt response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by IntroVAT: 2:26am On Apr 20, 2015
Good people of nairaland, pls I want to know if I change academic sponsor do I still need to go through this process again? I applied last year and was given a 3 year tier 4 visa
I'm currently in first year here in the uk bsc but wish to switch to another institution and continue from second year. Do I need to do a new application to ukba and show fees and maintenance etc?

Thanks in advance cc justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:25am On Apr 20, 2015
IntroVAT:
Good people of nairaland, pls I want to know if I change academic sponsor do I still need to go through this process again? I applied last year and was given a 3 year tier 4 visa
I'm currently in first year here in the uk bsc but wish to switch to another institution and continue from second year. Do I need to do a new application to ukba and show fees and maintenance etc?

Thanks in advance cc justwise

No, you can switch as long as the two schools allow it and you are still holding valid visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 11:22am On Apr 20, 2015
my school graduation in around the corner here in the uk and i intend to invite my cousin who is just 19 yrs.. please what are the documents she will need for me to b able to invite her from nigeria to attend my graduation here in the uk... plz i need help on this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by idolda: 8:38pm On Apr 21, 2015
justwise:

No, you can switch as long as the two schools allow it and you are still holding valid visa.

Good evening justwise and others. I'm trying to book an appointment for my sister online for the Tier 4 student visa but I'm having difficulty paying the $502 visa fees. The response is always transaction failed and I have used the same MasterCard to pay on that same application last year before she was denied visa

I learnt that CBN has placed a limit of $300 per day on Nigerian cards. Can this be the reason for the transaction failure? Is there any other means through which I can make the payment?

Your advice will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:46pm On Apr 21, 2015
idolda:

Good evening justwise and others. I'm trying to book an appointment for my sister online for the Tier 4 student visa but I'm having difficulty paying the $502 visa fees. The response is always transaction failed and I have used the same MasterCard to pay on that same application last year before she was denied visa

I learnt that CBN has placed a limit of $300 per day on Nigerian cards. Can this be the reason for the transaction failure? Is there any other means through which I can make the payment?

SpikesC will help when he sees this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by idolda: 9:03pm On Apr 21, 2015
justwise:

SpikesC will help when he sees this.

OK Thanks so much.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:06pm On Apr 21, 2015
idolda:

OK Thanks so much.

You can check his posts as because I have read where he helped with similar question in the past.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by idolda: 6:47am On Apr 22, 2015
Good morning, I woke up to try again this morning and Logged into the account in order to try to make the payment again and I saw this: Sorry your order is no longer payable Please contact the merchant. Quoting the following reference number GW ********
secure.worldpay..

My sister is already in Lagos for the interview which I'm finding difficulty to schedule for her (24/4/2015). I'm now thinking it is my card that is no longer accepted by worldpay and sending them email might take Some time. Should I tell her to create ANOTHER application and then try ANOTHER CARD on it? @Justwise and @SpikesC Please your advice is urgently needed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by idolda: 6:51am On Apr 22, 2015
justwise:

You can check his posts as because I have read where he helped with similar question in the past.
I have gone through his posts and saw where a guy asked similar question and he asked the guy for specific details and I think the guy didn't reply .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:44am On Apr 22, 2015
idolda:
I have gone through his posts and saw where a guy asked similar question and he asked the guy for specific details and I think the guy didn't reply .

I'm not sure you went through all his posts especially last year post. I think you need a code from your bank to be able to make online payment. Visit your bank.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:14pm On Apr 22, 2015
idolda:

What is the error message? You need to contact them to see what's going on as so many other people are having the same problem.
I got the notification of $300 limit but am not really sure if it applies to online purchase.
You can contact the bank and ask also
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:15pm On Apr 22, 2015
idolda:
Good morning, I woke up to try again this morning and Logged into the account in order to try to make the payment again and I saw this: Sorry your order is no longer payable Please contact the merchant. Quoting the following reference number GW ********
secure.worldpay..

My sister is already in Lagos for the interview which I'm finding difficulty to schedule for her (24/4/2015). I'm now thinking it is my card that is no longer accepted by worldpay and sending them email might take Some time. Should I tell her to create ANOTHER application and then try ANOTHER CARD on it? @Justwise and @SpikesC Please your advice is urgently needed.

Create another application and try making the payment again
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:16pm On Apr 22, 2015
idolda:

justwise:

I'm not sure you went through all his posts especially last year post. I think you need a code from your bank to be able to make online payment. Visit your bank.

In reference to this, what payment gateway did you try using?
Paga or MasterCard?

(1) (2) (3) ... (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.