Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,762 members, 7,820,652 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (468) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865735 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Ubyy: 7:13pm On Jul 13, 2015
Hello. Pls I need help.
1. For the bank statement, can i use my parents business account statement for the visa application?

2. Is it necessary i submit a bsc certificate of result for the application or I can use my statement of result?

Waiting on a reply. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ugojay(f): 8:16pm On Jul 13, 2015
@kennyone---yes d IHS reference number is written on my application form.

please ooo confusion has started again, a frnd said dat I need to print d oanda rate ish 2day cos its d date of my application.Now, am I to print d current balance or d available balance? Cos they ar two different things.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by scoobs: 8:42pm On Jul 13, 2015
ugojay:
@kennyone---yes d IHS reference number is written on my application form.

please ooo confusion has started again, a frnd said dat I need to print d oanda rate ish 2day cos its d date of my application.Now, am I to print d current balance or d available balance? Cos they ar two different things.

oanda printout is not even necessary
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:25pm On Jul 13, 2015
Ubyy:
Hello. Pls I need help.
1. For the bank statement, can i use my parents business account statement for the visa application?

2. Is it necessary i submit a bsc certificate of result for the application or I can use my statement of result?

Waiting on a reply. Thanks.

The account must be a personal account. It can be owned by you or your parent

You submit the documents specified on your CAS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Meritl: 7:02am On Jul 14, 2015
Petitediva14:
Have you guys heard the new rule? International/foreign students can no more work during school and must leave immediately after studies!! These people have started again. Their wahala is too much!!

Yes. Its not good at all.
*Non-EU students will be barred from working while studying in Britain
*Will have to leave the UK when their course ends under immigration curbs
*Students told they can only apply for a work visa once they have left.

Well I hope it doesn't pass through as the plans will be presented to MPs next week. If approved, students from outside the EU will have to leave the UK before applying for a work visa if they want to return to the country.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by deipiero10: 7:50am On Jul 14, 2015
Meritl:

Yes. Its not good at all.
*Non-EU students will be barred from working while studying in Britain
*Will have to leave the UK when their course ends under immigration curbs
*Students told they can only apply for a work visa once they have left.

Well I hope it doesn't pass through as the plans will be presented to MPs next week. If approved, students from outside the EU will have to leave the UK before applying for a work visa if they want to return to the country.

Looks like it's mainly to do with colleges and not universities.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Meritl: 8:48am On Jul 14, 2015
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by IntroVAT: 9:04am On Jul 14, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by scoobs: 9:04am On Jul 14, 2015
Theresa may's plan is to abolish/replace the 10hrs per week which is for college students, and also prevent further education (college) visas from 3years to 2yrs except if the college is linked to a university eg. LSBF. m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/7783050

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Meritl: 12:27pm On Jul 14, 2015
IntroVAT:

CHILL. Its further education colleges
Ok
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MRSPEAKER1(m): 12:29pm On Jul 14, 2015
do i need to submit my letter of reference used during my application at the embassy?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MRSPEAKER1(m): 12:39pm On Jul 14, 2015
i misplaced one of my letter of reference, after scanning it to the school, pls will it be needed at the embassy? i still have a scanned copy in my email, do i need to get another one? or i should go ahead to print the scanned copy? will it be accepted, pls help, i just paid my school fees and accepting my CAS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by scoobs: 12:42pm On Jul 14, 2015
MRSPEAKER1:
i misplaced one of my letter of reference, after scanning it to the school, pls will it be needed at the embassy? i still have a scanned copy in my email, do i need to get another one? or i should go ahead to print the scanned copy? will it be accepted, pls help, i just paid my school fees and accepting my CAS
you don't U need all docs. Stated on ur CAS

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MRSPEAKER1(m): 12:59pm On Jul 14, 2015
scoobs:
you don't U need all docs. Stated on ur CAS

i am yet to receive my CAS, the school asked for 2 letters of reference, which was scanned and sent to them, but now i can only find one of those letters, will it be needed at the embassy? or what do i do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by scoobs: 1:25pm On Jul 14, 2015
MRSPEAKER1:

i am yet to receive my CAS, the school asked for 2 letters of reference, which was scanned and sent to them, but now i can only find one of those letters, will it be needed at the embassy? or what do i do?
it won't be needed at the embassy.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 14, 2015
Am a silent Observer on dis thread, I got my passport picked up today with my visa

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Petitediva14(f): 3:42pm On Jul 14, 2015
qstomiwa:
Am a silent Observer on dis thread, I got my passport picked up today with my visa

Congrats.....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Petitediva14(f): 3:43pm On Jul 14, 2015
scoobs:
Theresa may's plan is to abolish/replace the 10hrs per week which is for college students, and also prevent further education (college) visas from 3years to 2yrs except if the college is linked to a university eg. LSBF. m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/7783050

Okay o. Na to wait and see.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 14, 2015
@petitediva, thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 3:59pm On Jul 14, 2015
qstomiwa:

Congrats cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NJN: 4:38pm On Jul 14, 2015
qstomiwa:

Congrats.

Where did u apply (abj or Lag) and when?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 6:14pm On Jul 14, 2015
To whom it may concern cool

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Petitediva14(f): 8:47pm On Jul 14, 2015
I need help guys. Please i need someone to explain international bank transfer to me. How many charges are there? What exchange rate do they use? CBN rates or on the street rates? I want to know which is better? Bank transfer or card payment? Someone should please help me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kokegbe(m): 10:06pm On Jul 14, 2015
Petitediva14:
I need help guys. Please i need someone to explain international bank transfer to me. How many charges are there? What exchange rate do they use? CBN rates or on the street rates? I want to know which is better? Bank transfer or card payment? Someone should please help me.

International bank transfer are 2 types. One is bank to bank ie you that wants to transfer should have a foreign currency account aka domicilliary account ie pound or dollar account. The second type is form A. Form A u need a current account in naira, the bank will then pay for u in the foreign currency you apply for. for form A most banks will charge 1% as charge, 0.5% of charge as VAT, #4000 as telex charge, then about $18 as offshore charge. Yes they do use CBN rates. I myself paid with my card over the weekend, i was charged #338 to 1GBP. For card there are no extra charges. NB: i applied for form A but was declined because i didn't have my university certificate, my school says it's not ready but the bank refused stating that it's a cbn requirement. Which is better? It's your choice. card is faster cos ur payment reflects immediately, but form A seems to be more strict in terms of cbn rates ie you will still pay less than card inspite of the charges. hope u get?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Petitediva14(f): 10:13pm On Jul 14, 2015
kokegbe:

International bank transfer are 2 types. One is bank to bank ie you that wants to transfer should have a foreign currency account aka domicilliary account ie pound or dollar account. The second type is form A. Form A u need a current account in naira, the bank will then pay for u in the foreign currency you apply for. for form A most banks will charge 1% as charge, 0.5% of charge as VAT, #4000 as telex charge, then about $18 as offshore charge. Yes they do use CBN rates. I myself paid with my card over the weekend, i was charged #338 to 1GBP. For card there are no extra charges. NB: i applied for form A but was declined because i didn't have my university certificate, my school says it's not ready but the bank refused stating that it's a cbn requirement. Which is better? It's your choice. card is faster cos ur payment reflects immediately, but form A seems to be more strict in terms of cbn rates ie you will still pay less than card inspite of the charges. hope u get?

You are such a darling. You have been very helpful. I have a current account and i have my certificate. I would ask for more info when i get to the bank. One que, how long does it take to reflect in the school's account? Do u have any idea?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kokegbe(m): 10:22pm On Jul 14, 2015
Petitediva14:

You are such a darling. You have been very helpful. I have a current account and i have my certificate. I would ask for more info when i get to the bank. One que, how long does it take to reflect in the school's account? Do u have any idea?
form A could take up to 3 days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Petitediva14(f): 10:25pm On Jul 14, 2015
kokegbe:

form A could take up to 3 days.

Okay. That is not bad. I still have plenty of time. I hope issuance of cas won't take up to more than 5 days o. Thanks for your help.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ugojay(f): 6:55am On Jul 15, 2015
Congrats @qstomiwa

my interview is 2day cry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by vinci500: 7:51am On Jul 15, 2015
Stay positive, am sure you would do just fine.
ugojay:
Congrats @qstomiwa

my interview is 2day cry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NJN: 11:07am On Jul 15, 2015
Petitediva14:

In addition to kokegbe's response, Form A could be as fast as 24hrs (I'm very certain of Banks like First bank, Diamond and Keystone on this).
Also, as per charges, if you are very charge sensitive smiley I'll suggest you use Form A instead of the card option. If you use the card option, you'll be buying at the bank rate, while Form A gives you access to CBN rate (with minimal charges). Trust me, on a payment of £10,000, you could b saving up to 200k.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by scoobs: 12:56pm On Jul 15, 2015
qstomiwa:
congrats were u given a 30day Visa too?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Petitediva14(f): 5:33pm On Jul 15, 2015
NJN:

In addition to kokegbe's response, Form A could be as fast as 24hrs (I'm very certain of Banks like First bank, Diamond and Keystone on this).
Also, as per charges, if you are very charge sensitive smiley I'll suggest you use Form A instead of the card option. If you use the card option, you'll be buying at the bank rate, while Form A gives you access to CBN rate (with minimal charges). Trust me, on a payment of £10,000, you could b saving up to 200k.

Thanks. I went to GTB and first bank today. I think i would send it with first bank. The pple at gtb were acting confused and they said something about opening another account. I no get that energy. However their rate as of today was 314-315. It is all good sha. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.