Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,684 members, 7,820,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (469) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865694 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chenn(m): 9:14pm On Jul 15, 2015
Petitediva14:

Thanks. I went to GTB and first bank today. I think i would send it with first bank. The pple at gtb were acting confused and they said something about opening another account. I no get that energy. However their rate as of today was 314-315. It is all good sha. Thank you.

@Petitediva, Pls kindly share with me what you notice about GTB b4 I make a mistake, if there services is not good and fair, then I might go and open an account with first bank ASAP
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Petitediva14(f): 9:48pm On Jul 15, 2015
chenn:

@Petitediva, Pls kindly share with me what you notice about GTB b4 I make a mistake, if there services is not good and fair, then I might go and open an account with first bank ASAP

They told me that because i opened my account in ogun and i am presently in uyo thay they would have to open an account or something for me. Then the lady could not tell me exactly what their charges were. Even the ones in first bank did not know. I am so confused right now. I don't know which one to use now. I am really confused right now. And i don't understand their own rates sef.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dkby(m): 10:09pm On Jul 15, 2015
Petitediva14:

They told me that because i opened my account in ogun and i am presently in uyo thay they would have to open an account or something for me. Then the lady could not tell me exactly what their charges were. Even the ones in first bank did not know. I am so confused right now. I don't know which one to use now. I am really confused right now. And i don't understand their own rates sef.

How much do you wanna pay? Let me give you a rough idea about the charges. Cheers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chenn(m): 10:11pm On Jul 15, 2015
Petitediva14:

@Pettitediva! Nah waoh 4 these guys ooohhh; I was in their bank last week, I was given the form A, and ask to provide some documents. They told me that everything will be sent to their Lagos HQ and processed there and it will take 3 weeks 4 the money to reflect in the university account. Then I went to Zenith bank and I was told it will also take 3 wks to be processed! But I will visit other banks to confirm!

Nigerian Banks are scammers, that is why 419 peeps will always be causing them sorrows: how can they be charging customers without customer consent and knowledge, they always wants people to always be in the dark for their heinous charges
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Petitediva14(f): 10:16pm On Jul 15, 2015
chenn:

@Pettitediva! Nah waoh 4 these guys ooohhh; I was in their bank last week, I was given the form A, and ask to provide some documents. They told me that everything will be sent to their Lagos HQ and processed there and it will take 3 weeks 4 the money to reflect in the university account. Then I went to Zenith bank and I was told it will also take 3 wks to be processed! But I will visit other banks to confirm!

Nigerian Banks are scammers, that is why 419 peeps will always be causing them sorrows: how can they be charging customers without customer consent and knowledge, they always wants people to always be in the dark for their heinous charges

3 weeks ke? Gtb told me that it should reflect within 24 hours. Same thing i was told in first bank. Which ever one i use i am going to warn them very well not to mess with me o. 3 weeks!! Are they high on cheap coke?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Petitediva14(f): 10:17pm On Jul 15, 2015
dkby:

How much do you wanna pay? Let me give you a rough idea about the charges. Cheers.

£2300. Thanks....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Petitediva14(f): 10:19pm On Jul 15, 2015
ugojay:
Congrats @qstomiwa

my interview is 2day cry

Hey, how was your interview?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dkby(m): 10:27pm On Jul 15, 2015
Petitediva14:

£2300. Thanks....

Your charges will be in the region of 7,000 to 9,000 plus swift when you use Form A.

Cheers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chenn(m): 11:02pm On Jul 15, 2015
dkby:

Your charges will be in the region of 8,000 to 10,000 plus swift when you use Form A.

Cheers.

@dkby! please I am paying 14,700 GBP; help me calculate my charges if I use form A and/or when I used GTB saving account master card?? I want to know which fair for me?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dkby(m): 11:13pm On Jul 15, 2015
chenn:

@dkby! please I am paying 14,700 GBP; help me calculate my charges if I use form A and/or when I used GTB saving account master card?? I want to know which fair for me?

Your charges should be in the region of 28,000 to 30,000 using form A and the rates (Form A rates I mean) are low because it's Cbn official rates. If you have your university certificate ready then I recommend that option. I'm not sure if you can use your Gtbank savings, but it's possible with Fbn.

Cheers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chenn(m): 11:25pm On Jul 15, 2015
dkby:

Your charges should be in the region of 53,000 to 56,000 using form A and the rates (Form A rates I mean) are low because it's Cbn official rates. If you have your university certificate ready then I recommend that option. I'm not sure if you can use your Gtbank savings, but it's possible with Fbn.

Cheers.

thank you! GTB said I can use my savings mastercard but I afraid of the rate they going to use! I hope you took note of COT charges in your calculation since Form A transaction is debited from current account
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Petitediva14(f): 11:25pm On Jul 15, 2015
dkby:

Your charges will be in the region of 8,000 to 10,000 plus swift when you use Form A.

Cheers.

Swift is about 4000 right? Thanks a lot.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dkby(m): 11:28pm On Jul 15, 2015
chenn:

thank you! GTB said I can use my savings mastercard but I afraid of the rate they going to use! I hope you took note of COT charges in your calculation since Form A transaction is debited from current account

Form A transactions can be process from savings account in Fbn, but you will need to provide them with your First degree certificate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dkby(m): 11:28pm On Jul 15, 2015
Petitediva14:

Swift is about 4000 right? Thanks a lot.

Yes please. You are welcome
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 7:05am On Jul 16, 2015
Ubyy:

Hey. I will be going to Leeds too, Msc Information Systems abd Information Mgt, in the business school... smiley

Ok, congrats , are u a guy or a girl? And when are you coming to Leeds because I want to give out my things before I leave.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by olatejucole: 8:41am On Jul 16, 2015
Will the public holidays be involve in the 28days it will fall between my 28 days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 8:59am On Jul 16, 2015
olatejucole:
Will the public holidays be involve in the 28days it will fall between my 28 days

Yes, they're all included
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by drunkenmaster: 12:19pm On Jul 16, 2015
Pls house, i am presently studying in the UK at NQF level 7. I would like to bring my spouse to the UK. I want to be sure if she will be able to study on a dependent tier 4 visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry357: 1:09pm On Jul 16, 2015
drunkenmaster:
Pls house, i am presently studying in the UK at NQF level 7. I would like to bring my spouse to the UK. I want to be sure if she will be able to study on a dependent tier 4 visa.

You could bring your spouse if you meet the rules.
But to study she needs a student visa, not dependent.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by drunkenmaster: 1:35pm On Jul 16, 2015
worry357:

You could bring your spouse if you meet the rules.
But to study she needs a student visa, not dependent.

But i found this online, can u help clarify? http://www.visalogic.net/uk/uk-spouse-visa/4/103
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry357: 4:22pm On Jul 16, 2015
drunkenmaster:

But i found this online, can u help clarify? http://www.visalogic.net/uk/uk-spouse-visa/4/103

That looks strongly like an Agent, I am not convinced that the information is correct.
There is a Very simple answer.
Instead of asking here for peoples oppinion, YOU should contact the U.K.B.A. either in the U.K. or Nigeria and ask them.
They will only say yes or no. Nothing else will happen to you!

"Can my spouse study while gaining entry on my tier 4 visa? Or does she need her own study visa?"

Ask UKBA this question, then post the answer here for all to learn
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 16, 2015
@spikesc, thanks n God bless you bro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellycute(m): 6:09pm On Jul 16, 2015
Good evening everyone, please I want to ask a question. After the uk student visa interview, can someone take his statement of account home same day just like US student visa interview?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 16, 2015
@NJN, thanks n God bless you bro, I applied in Lag (V I) on june 19, ukvi decided on July 4, it took too long to get back to Teleperformance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 16, 2015
@ugojay, thanks dear, how was your interview?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 16, 2015
@scoobs, it's 30day visa effective from 01/09/2015 - 01/10/2015
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MrMarcus(m): 6:26pm On Jul 16, 2015
There are some conflicting posts here.
Please for those of you hoping to use Form A in making payments, here are my candid advice.

*Form A should never take you up to 3weeks (at most 48hours) if you have the complete documents. namely: photocopies of;

1. Your Degree Certificate
2. Data Page of your international passport.
3. Mandate of payment i.e any document bearing your name with stipulated amount to be paid.
4. Funded account from which you are to write an authorisation letter requesting the bank to debit you account and other applicable charges.

* You must have an account with the bank, this shouldn't be a problem as you can open an account in 3hours and it becomes live.

* Form A is being processed in all banks Head Quarters not branches.
branches sends completed forms to headquarters for action, once u meet the criteria it can happen in 24hours if not they bounce your Form A pending when you meet the requirements. Hence get the phone number of the person making the payments.

* The above Form A requirements are CBN requirements not individual bank requirements.

* Once it goes through, Get your receipt of payment, its called the telex copy. then send to the receiver so they can trace the payment in your name.

*Your Principal amount is charged based on CBN rates (selling rates for banks)

*If you are paying for school issues, Always capture your student I.d number or application number on the form A (maybe just after ur name u bracket it.)

Charges involved include:
1. Swift Charges; This is like the middle man charge I.e the person brokering the international transfer.
2. VAT
3. Offshore Charge.
4. this depends on schools, some would make u pay for the cost of them accessing the fund from the country e.g Bank of Scotland .

Form A is a form of payments marketers are so happy with compared to master card payment as amount you pay is captured as part of there monthly target so every marketer is happy to help unfortunately only a very few knows much about it.

I have done 3 different Form A payments 3 different FirstBank Branches Owerri since June all went within 24hours.
I can direct you to the bankers handling Form A in FBN don't waste your time with GTB Owerri on Form A. They are disillusioned with the idea of Form A transactions.

Note: Every offshore transfer ends 2pm Mon-Fri CBN policy.
Savings account can do Form A transactions

Just as UK tier 4 Visa application is so hyped, so also is Form A. in the end you find out its a simple and sweet method of payments.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by drunkenmaster: 6:27pm On Jul 16, 2015
worry357:

That looks strongly like an Agent, I am not convinced that the information is correct.
There is a Very simple answer.
Instead of asking here for peoples oppinion, YOU should contact the U.K.B.A. either in the U.K. or Nigeria and ask them.
They will only say yes or no. Nothing else will happen to you!

"Can my spouse study while gaining entry on my tier 4 visa? Or does she need her own study visa?"

Ask UKBA this question, then post the answer here for all to learn

Man, you don't have to take the fact that i put a link on here that contradicts ur opinion personal. What you could have done is post an official link that corroborates your post. Last i heard, this forum is a place where one can ask questions on grey areas with regards to UK immigration. rules.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MrMarcus(m): 6:35pm On Jul 16, 2015
chenn:

The information that you require a current account for Form A is very wrong.
I did mine with my savings account 3different times in 3different first bank branches in Owerri.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 6:36pm On Jul 16, 2015
kellycute:
Good evening everyone, please I want to ask a question. After the uk student visa interview, can someone take his statement of account home same day just like US student visa interview?

Nope, you'll have to submit the original copy.
If you need a copy, you can scan it, photocopy it or ask the bank to print 2 copies for you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MrMarcus(m): 6:55pm On Jul 16, 2015
kokegbe:

International bank transfer are 2 types. One is bank to bank ie you that wants to transfer should have a foreign currency account aka domicilliary account ie pound or dollar account. The second type is form A. Form A u need a current account in naira, the bank will then pay for u in the foreign currency you apply for. for form A most banks will charge 1% as charge, 0.5% of charge as VAT, #4000 as telex charge, then about $18 as offshore charge. Yes they do use CBN rates. I myself paid with my card over the weekend, i was charged #338 to 1GBP. For card there are no extra charges. NB: i applied for form A but was declined because i didn't have my university certificate, my school says it's not ready but the bank refused stating that it's a cbn requirement. Which is better? It's your choice. card is faster cos ur payment reflects immediately, but form A seems to be more strict in terms of cbn rates ie you will still pay less than card inspite of the charges. hope u get?

You don't need a current account for Form A transactions.
Any account would do just fine, once you have given the bank an authorisation in writing to debit your account for the transactions.
All mine was done with a savings account. #$afe#
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dkby(m): 7:13pm On Jul 16, 2015
MrMarcus:
There are some conflicting posts here.
Please for those of you hoping to use Form A in making payments, here are my candid advice.

*Form A should never take you up to 3weeks (at most 48hours) if you have the complete documents. namely: photocopies of;

1. Your Degree Certificate
2. Data Page of your international passport.
3. Mandate of payment i.e any document bearing your name with stipulated amount to be paid.
4. Funded account from which you are to write an authorisation letter requesting the bank to debit you account and other applicable charges.

* You must have an account with the bank, this shouldn't be a problem as you can open an account in 3hours and it becomes live.

* Form A is being processed in all banks Head Quarters not branches.
branches sends completed forms to headquarters for action, once u meet the criteria it can happen in 24hours if not they bounce your Form A pending when you meet the requirements. Hence get the phone number of the person making the payments.

* The above Form A requirements are CBN requirements not individual bank requirements.

* Once it goes through, Get your receipt of payment, its called the telex copy. then send to the receiver so they can trace the payment in your name.

*Your Principal amount is charged based on CBN rates (selling rates for banks)

*If you are paying for school issues, Always capture your student I.d number or application number on the form A (maybe just after ur name u bracket it.)

Charges involved include:
1. Swift Charges; This is like the middle man charge I.e the person brokering the international transfer.
2. VAT
3. Offshore Charge.
4. this depends on schools, some would make u pay for the cost of them accessing the fund from the country e.g Bank of Scotland .

Form A is a form of payments marketers are so happy with compared to master card payment as amount you pay is captured as part of there monthly target so every marketer is happy to help unfortunately only a very few knows much about it.

I have done 3 different Form A payments 3 different FirstBank Branches Owerri since June all went within 24hours.
I can direct you to the bankers handling Form A in FBN don't waste your time with GTB Owerri on Form A. They are disillusioned with the idea of Form A transactions.

Note: Every offshore transfer ends 2pm Mon-Fri CBN policy.
Savings account can do Form A transactions

Just as UK tier 4 Visa application is so hyped, so also is Form A. in the end you find out its a simple and sweet method of payments.

On point bro, you have said it all. Fbn very effective

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.