Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,953 members, 7,835,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (484) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866848 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chiinj(m): 12:58am On Aug 12, 2015
Hello house, please is it compulsory to submit a mail from the school you want to attend giving you permission for late resumption when your visa interview date is close to the actual date of resumption? I've been trying to read this thread from the beginning and I am seeing "apply for two weeks extension" up and down. Is it necessary?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:59am On Aug 12, 2015
@seyifunmi, I applied for Msc Construction Project Management, have gotten my visa already, what course did u apply for? You will write the IHS reference num boldly on the application forms and also include the print out of the payment reference for the IHS with the docs, u are ok with the Statement, u are Good to go
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MrMarcus(m): 9:45am On Aug 12, 2015
NJN:

Usually, you need a return ticket to buy PTA (In addition to visa, int"l passport and applicatn form). However, if a student is travelling out for studies, you don't need no return ticket as that is completely not applicable in this case[i][/i]. So, as suggested above, if the person attending to you doesn't know this, make him/her refer to his/her supervisor or contact their customer care if they both do not know...lol

Exactly!
infact tell the person this..in confident that's its a policy he/she might not be aware else they'll bounce you comfortably.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry357: 9:49am On Aug 12, 2015
MrMarcus:
Exactly!
infact tell the person this..in confident that's its a policy he/she might not be aware else they'll bounce you comfortably.

Yes the very, very last thing that you want to do is to try to be clever or tell them the law.
That is a sure way to get a rejection.

Some people try to be smart but it always comes back and bites them.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MrMarcus(m): 10:01am On Aug 12, 2015
chenn:

Good Friends in the House! I went for PTA today but unfortunately 3 of banks (gtb, zenith, & 1st bank) don't have pounds sterling to give to me (and I don't stay in Lag or abj); so pls I need ur candid advice: should I ask them to give me the $4000 dollars instead Can I EASILY trade dollars for GBP when arrive the UK

No way!
You would surely run at a greater loss of about £3-8/$100
Do a lil Google search on pounds exchange upon arrival you would get a better picture.

Lagos.
First bank branches for pounds sadAny account)
1. Obanikran Ikeja,
2.Akowonjo Egbeda,
3.Nitel House Marina or the Head Office branch same Marina.

GTB: Current account only.
Lagos
Adeniyi Jones Ikeja Lagos
Bank Anthony Ikeja Lagos.
Awolowo way Ikoyi Lagos.

Note: You can't get a PTA if you have an active MasterCard. Disable/Dehoist your MasterCard/Visa before applying.

Find your way to Lagos/Abj a day or two b4 departure...you would get it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MrMarcus(m): 10:07am On Aug 12, 2015
worry357:

Yes the very, very last thing that you want to do is to try to be clever or tell them the law.
That is a sure way to get a rejection.

Some people try to be smart but it always comes back and bites them.

But in truth its rule for tier4 visa PTA. so you won't be playing smart gentle reminding or educating someone on a rule especially when it is verifiable fro there superior.
Besides you are a customer..He/She cant afford to make you uncomfortable when they realise you know your left from right.

Its a bank Job remember !

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chiinj(m): 10:09am On Aug 12, 2015
chiinj:
Hello house, please is it compulsory to submit a mail from the school you want to attend giving you permission for late resumption when your visa interview date is close to the actual date of resumption? I've been trying to read this thread from the beginning and I am seeing "apply for two weeks extension" up and down. Is it necessary?

Please can anyone help me answer this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry357: 10:12am On Aug 12, 2015
MrMarcus:

But in truth its rule for tier4 visa PTA. so you won't be playing smart gentle reminding or educating someone on a rule especially when it is verifiable fro there superior.
Besides you are a customer..He/She cant afford to make you uncomfortable when they realise you know your left from right.
Its a bank Job remember !

You are so sharp that you will cut yourself!
You just go on being clever and getting slapped.

Let other people be humble and succeed.
"The meek shall inherit the earth" not clever, smart bois!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MrMarcus(m): 10:13am On Aug 12, 2015
Petitediva14:

I personally think that dollars is universally accepted. You would always find a bureau de change office to change to pounds there. Even from the airport, i believe.....

Research shows that the worst place to change your dollars upon arriving UK is at the airport. You would actually find a changing point but at a very high loss compared to when you get into town off tourist area BDC.

"I really don't think they can't issue dollar since your are travelling to the United Kingdom". #UnverifiedClaim#
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 10:28am On Aug 12, 2015
seyifunmi01:
pls do I need to put my iHS refetence no on my application cos it is only the payment reference dat is dere.Also my 28days counts started july 7 and was printed out august 10. Buh my dad now printed the statement from march to august 2015.hope it is not a problem.

It is a problem o. They would call you later and ask you to print 30 days statement from that day.
You should never print more than a month statement because it would be confusing
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 10:31am On Aug 12, 2015
MrMarcus:

No way!
You would surely run at a greater loss of about £3-8/$100
Do a lil Google search on pounds exchange upon arrival you would get a better picture.

Lagos.
First bank branches for pounds sadAny account)
1. Obanikran Ikeja,
2.Akowonjo Egbeda,
3.Nitel House Marina or the Head Office branch same Marina.

GTB: Current account only.
Lagos
Adeniyi Jones Ikeja Lagos
Bank Anthony Ikeja Lagos.
Awolowo way Ikoyi Lagos.

Note: You can't get a PTA if you have an active MasterCard. Disable/Dehoist your MasterCard/Visa before applying.

Find your way to Lagos/Abj a day or two b4 departure...you would get it.

First bank will issue you with a new mastercard right there and then
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Fola10: 10:33am On Aug 12, 2015
Hi guys,

Please who knows where I can take passport photographs in Lagos for my Visa application. Passports that are accurate to the requirement of UKVI

Plus which banks are the best to pay IHS and Visa application fee with?

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 10:42am On Aug 12, 2015
Fola10:
Hi guys,

Please who knows where I can take passport photographs in Lagos for my Visa application. Passports that are accurate to the requirement of UKVI

Plus which banks are the best to pay IHS and Visa application fee with?

Thank you

There're photographers at the visa center.
You pay those fees online when applying
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Fola10: 10:52am On Aug 12, 2015
@SpikesC, I don't want to take the passport at the Centre and pay an exorbitant amount for it.

Plus for the IHS and Visa fee, I mean which bank cards work
Thank you

spikesC:

There're photographers at the visa center.
You pay those fees online when applying
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 12, 2015
Please house, can one walk into any bank to get the PTA, or one must go to his bank?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:52pm On Aug 12, 2015
Fola10:
@SpikesC, I don't want to take the passport at the Centre and pay an exorbitant amount for it.

Plus for the IHS and Visa fee, I mean which bank cards work
Thank you

You can take the passport anywhere you want, as far as it matches the required specifications.
All cards work
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pet01(m): 1:41pm On Aug 12, 2015
seyifunmi01:
pls do I need to put my iHS refetence no on my application cos it is only the payment reference dat is dere.Also my 28days counts started july 7 and was printed out august 10. Buh my dad now printed the statement from march to august 2015.hope it is not a problem.

U need to print out ur IHS email confirmation, it does not on ur application print out. And yes ur dad is right, he should print out his 6 months statement of account for u.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 12, 2015
pet01:

U need to print out ur IHS email confirmation, it does not on ur application print out. And yes ur dad is right, he should print out his 6 months statement of account for u.

6months? I thought its just the 28days account statement.did you print 6months statement of account?cuz 'm confused
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pet01(m): 1:52pm On Aug 12, 2015
kuka700:

I can confirm pet01's claim. really, there is no long queue as of this moment. I just checked few minutes ago and noticed that days are available for booking as from 14th, that is two days ahead of today. I discovered that I can even select an earlier date now by updating my appointment. I wonder why I had that bitter experience last week.

Good to know u secured an early date, I just finished my interview 30 minutes ago. The process is very straightforward. But for the interview just know and understand basic things about ur school
when u applied,
when u got reply from school,
why u chose ur course,
Why u chose UK
What city ur school is located
Ur mode of transportion to ur school daily
How will ur course benefit u
Whether u considered any other course to apply for
Why do u have to apply for this course now
When is ur school resumption date.
What date did u pay for school fees
Did u understand all questions asked u
Finally she wished me good luck on my application process.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MrMarcus(m): 2:02pm On Aug 12, 2015
worry357:

You are so sharp that you will cut yourself!
You just go on being clever and getting slapped.

Let other people be humble and succeed.
"The meek shall inherit the earth" not clever, smart bois!

I hear you!

If knowing your left from your right is the definition of not being meek but clever, I'm afraid I rather die being clever than keep silent and fane ignorance of a thing I know let alone when its to my benefit and not detriment.

There is nothing wrong in calmly reminding/informing anyone of a genuine information let alone when you are a beneficiary of such info. I think it's boldness not just smartness and I'm yet to see anyone getting slapped nor cut off cos of that.

Thanks!

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pet01(m): 2:03pm On Aug 12, 2015
crazydove:

6months? I thought its just the 28days account statement.did you print 6months statement of account?cuz 'm confused
Some where on the UK website, I saw that if u are using ur parents statement, aside from the continuous 28 days period, they should have their details of financial transaction for the past 6 months. I'll reconfirm the site and post.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MrMarcus(m): 2:10pm On Aug 12, 2015
spikesC:

First bank will issue you with a new mastercard right there and then

Pls I really don't understand this. Can you pls explain further? I actually got mine with the process stated. its a CBN policy.
Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 3:06pm On Aug 12, 2015
MrMarcus:

Pls I really don't understand this. Can you pls explain further?
I actually got mine with the process stated.
its a CBN policy.

Thanks.

Am just saying from experience.
Last year August, I went to first bank to get a PTA, they refused and asked me to use my MasterCard, and that if I don't have, I should fill in the form right there and get it immediately.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 3:08pm On Aug 12, 2015
pet01:

Some where on the UK website, I saw that if u are using ur parents statement, aside from the continuous 28 days period, they should have their details of financial transaction for the past 6 months. I'll reconfirm the site and post.

Your information is wrong, you were probably reading another visa requirement.
Can you give us a link?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 3:10pm On Aug 12, 2015
crazydove:

You only need 28 days statement. From experience, if you submit 6 months statement, they'll call you and ask you to print and scan a 30 day statement from the day they called you. And that is an extra 7 days waiting period

Never print more than 30 days statement, it gets confusing especially if the account is been used regularly
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 12, 2015
spikesC:

You only need 28 days statement. From experience, if you submit 6 months statement, they'll call you and ask you to print and scan a 30 day statement from the day they called you. And that is an extra 7 days waiting period

Never print more than 30 days statement, it gets confusing especially if the account is been used regularly

Thank you...I was already confused
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by thababe: 3:41pm On Aug 12, 2015
spikesC:

Last year August, I went to first bank to get a PTA, they refused and asked me to use my MasterCard, and that if I don't have, I should fill in the form right there and get it immediately.

Last year sha! Policies change o... Right now GTbank is giving whether or not you have mastercard, so im sure other banks will do same. Re the 6 months bank statement...i did 3 months but i was just being over zealous all they need is the required 28days. I.e. one month. Someone sent me a mail.. i replied o..check ur junk mail.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pet01(m): 3:57pm On Aug 12, 2015
At all I don't remember the site I saw the 6 months thing again, but like my school did, they asked for bank statement b/4 issuing me CAS, checked and ok my statement first b/4 I submitted my application. Guess if ur school can do so it will help as well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MrMarcus(m): 4:00pm On Aug 12, 2015
spikesC:

OK.
Policy changed!
U can't access PTA if you have an active Master/Visa card.

thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by derbylicious: 4:55pm On Aug 12, 2015
*clears throat *

OK I need to be clear on this: for someone being sponsored via a trust fund, is the 28days bank statement required still
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bigx(m): 6:51pm On Aug 12, 2015
Yes

At the airport or railstation
chenn:

Good Friends in the House! I went for PTA today but unfortunately 3 of banks (gtb, zenith, & 1st bank) don't have pounds sterling to give to me (and I don't stay in Lag or abj); so pls I need ur candid advice: should I ask them to give me the $4000 dollars instead Can I EASILY trade dollars for GBP when arrive the UK
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MrMarcus(m): 7:13pm On Aug 12, 2015
derbylicious:
*clears throat *

OK I need to be clear on this: for someone being sponsored via a trust fund, is the 28days bank statement required still

If you have your sponsorship letter then you use it. There is tier4 sponsored application as part of online application form option. if you are using the letter then you use that tier4 sponsored app.

But if the money is already in your account and you have enof time..its actually the best. if your fees have been paid and it reflects on your CAS then its a lot better.

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (503)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.