Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,851 members, 7,851,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:00 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (487) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (868290 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Petitediva14(f): 4:17pm On Aug 17, 2015
chenn:

Ok Dear, It might be because of the scholarship! But please contact them, you don't have anything to loose!

I doubt it was because of the scholarship because the other person has a scholarship too. However I would still contact them. Like you said I have nothing to lose. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Petitediva14(f): 4:19pm On Aug 17, 2015
Meritl:
To God be the Glory.
I have just collected my passport with the VISA issued.
I appreciate all your input.

Yaaaaayyyy!! It's #Meanttobe. See you at the other side of the pond.....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Ademuyiz(m): 4:45pm On Aug 17, 2015
Meritl:
To God be the Glory.

Congrats! where did you submit and when? Still expecting mine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Meritl: 5:09pm On Aug 17, 2015
Ademuyiz:

Congrats! where did you submit and when? Still expecting mine.
I submitted at the VI centre. Had my interview on the 27th of July. Documents transferred to Sheffield on the 29th. Decision mail on the 10th. Collection mail on the 13th.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pet01(m): 5:43pm On Aug 17, 2015
Petitediva14:
Hey guys, I am very happy to tell you all that I have received my visa. Thanks be to God and all of you here. You have all been a great help.

However I have a question o. I checked the visa and saw that I was given only 10hrs to work during term time and I am a postgraduate student. I was planning to work for only 10-12 hours then volunteer for about 4 hours now I can't. Pls does anyone know why I was granted only 10hours?

P.S: I have a scholarship and a bursary. And my course is a 25 hours per week one.

Congratulations, I was looking out for this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by my1111: 7:40pm On Aug 17, 2015
Hello, I have been following this thread for a while. First ever post. I picked up my teir 4 visa today at ikeja, with my wife's too, despite she has been denied a visit visa before. Applied on d 3rd of august. Please anybody going to Glasgow? I am getting a flat so I need a flat mate, I previously studied there..so I can easily get a flat. Thanks to everybody
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Mubarak39: 7:42pm On Aug 17, 2015
Hello gurus.
Pls someone should help me with this issue. I just started the online application and I'm applying for tier4, the first question they asked is

"Which application form are you using to make your application?*"

And there is nothing like tier4 in the options.What should i do pls? thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Allcorrect(m): 7:56pm On Aug 17, 2015
Meritl:
To God be the Glory.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidosko(m): 9:06pm On Aug 17, 2015
my1111:
Hello, I have been following this thread for a while. First ever post. I picked up my teir 4 visa today at ikeja, with my wife's too, despite she has been denied a visit visa before. Applied on d 3rd of august. Please anybody going to Glasgow? I am getting a flat so I need a flat mate, I previously studied there..so I can easily get a flat. Thanks to everybody
congrats, wat do u wanna study now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidosko(m): 9:08pm On Aug 17, 2015
Mubarak39:
Hello gurus.
Pls someone should help me with this issue. I just started the online application and I'm applying for tier4, the first question they asked is

"Which application form are you using to make your application?*"

And there is nothing like tier4 in the options.What should i do pls? thanks
what are the options given
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by my1111: 10:04pm On Aug 17, 2015
bidosko:
congrats, wat do u wanna study now
Thank you, I am going for my PhD now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chenn(m): 11:23pm On Aug 17, 2015
my1111:

CONGRATULATIONS for you Visa!

I am going to Strathclyde Glasgow; inbox me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Mubarak39: 12:38am On Aug 18, 2015
bidosko:
what are the options given

These are the options

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by djfrancis: 2:17am On Aug 18, 2015
Petitediva14:
Hey guys, I am very happy to tell you all that I have received my visa. Thanks be to God and all of you here. You have all been a great help.

However I have a question o. I checked the visa and saw that I was given only 10hrs to work during term time and I am a postgraduate student. I was planning to work for only 10-12 hours then volunteer for about 4 hours now I can't. Pls does anyone know why I was granted only 10hours?

P.S: I have a scholarship and a bursary. And my course is a 25 hours per week one.

I got 20 hours for mine tho...inform UKVI about this quickly.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Petitediva14(f): 7:24am On Aug 18, 2015
djfrancis:

I got 20 hours for mine tho...inform UKVI about this quickly.

Please do you have their email address. I have sent a mail to my school already.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Petitediva14(f): 7:25am On Aug 18, 2015
pet01:

Congratulations, I was looking out for this.

Thank you.....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:44am On Aug 18, 2015
Petitediva14:

Congratulations!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Petitediva14(f): 8:29am On Aug 18, 2015
justwise:

Congratulations!

Thank you so much...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Fola10: 9:11am On Aug 18, 2015
Hello everyone,

I'm choosing the 1:30 appointment date at the TLS centre, Abuja and I want to know what time I should book a return flight from Abuja. Is 3 pm too early?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Petitediva14(f): 9:36am On Aug 18, 2015
Fola10:
Hello everyone,

I'm choosing the 1:30 appointment date at the TLS centre, Abuja and I want to know what time I should book a return flight from Abuja. Is 3 pm too early?

Yes. You might not do the interview until about 2:30. What of if something is wrong with your documents and you have to reprint something. I think 2:30 is too early.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidosko(m): 10:41am On Aug 18, 2015
Fola10:
Hello everyone,

y not make it 4pm, the interview and other documentation might not take upto 30mins, it depends on the no of applicants on the said date
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidosko(m): 10:48am On Aug 18, 2015
Mubarak39:

These are the options
the website u clicked is it visa4uk.fco.gov.uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ugojay(f): 10:52am On Aug 18, 2015
Please can sum1 enlighten me more on dis PTA Ish.cos I really want to bypass excessive international charges.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Mubarak39: 10:54am On Aug 18, 2015
bidosko:
the website u clicked is it visa4uk.fco.gov.uk

No it's apply.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:27am On Aug 18, 2015
Meritl:
To God be the Glory.

Congrats cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidosko(m): 12:03pm On Aug 18, 2015
Mubarak39:

No it's apply.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk
I tink dat is the wrong link, the one I gave is the correct 1 for tier 4 visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Mubarak39: 12:44pm On Aug 18, 2015
bidosko:
I tink dat is the wrong link, the one I gave is the correct 1 for tier 4 visa

Okay thank you sir.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Miele(f): 1:17pm On Aug 18, 2015
spikesC:

The address won't be a problem as it states just 'address in the UK'

There's really nothing you can do now about the interview. You just have to go and pick up your passport.
The decision has already been made
Thanks very much.
I got my Visa today.

But I was given 10hours working limit instead of 20
Why is this so? What do I do??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Petitediva14(f): 1:56pm On Aug 18, 2015
Miele:
Thanks very much.
I got my Visa today.

But I was given 10hours working limit instead of 20
Why is this so? What do I do??

You too? Are they giving females 10 hours and males 20 abi what would I say o? Please in case you get their email address let me know.

I checked this link http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/International-Students/Immigration-/Other-immigration-matters/Correcting-a-visa-error/ and apparently this type of error occurs..

I just need their email add so that I can sort it out here. I am not interested in sorting it out there o. Somebody help us o.

Congratulations.....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Miele(f): 2:48pm On Aug 18, 2015
Petitediva14:

You too? Are they giving females 10 hours and males 20 abi what would I say o? Please in case you get their email address let me know.

I checked this link http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/International-Students/Immigration-/Other-immigration-matters/Correcting-a-visa-error/ and apparently this type of error occurs..

I just need their email add so that I can sort it out here. I am not interested in sorting it out there o. Somebody help us o.

Congratulations.....
Congrats to you too smiley

Lol @ bolded.

I sent an email to UKVI and it takes one working day to get a response. I am not sure if that's the right email for such complaints though.

Lemme see if I can get the link for you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Miele(f): 2:53pm On Aug 18, 2015
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NJN: 3:52pm On Aug 18, 2015
ugojay:
Please can sum1 enlighten me more on dis PTA Ish.cos I really want to bypass excessive international charges.

PTA (Personal Travel Allowance) affords you the opportunity to buy dollars directly from a bank, using your naira account, at the bank's official rate.

I know some banks used to allow non-account holders to buy from them also, though at a higher rate than account holders. Don't know about now though, since the recent squeeze on fcy transactions BO CBN.

It's major plus is dt u don't get charged exorbitant rate for your fcy needs, as would have been obtainable when u buy from BDCs and blackmarkets.

If I may advise, I'll say you buy PTA basically to meet your "pocket money' needs. If u have other bills to pay, say accomodatn etc..try and push as many of them as possible under Form A...reason being that, with PTA, u buy at bank's official rate while with Form A, you buy at CBN official rate, which is way way lower than most bank's official rate.

To buy PTA, you need the following;

Your Visa, Data Page of your Int'l Passport, Flight Ticket and of course, the bank wld give u an application form to fill.

Others with more info I didn't mention could equally add...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) ... (503)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.