Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,512 members, 7,830,525 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (485) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866486 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 12, 2015
Please house, can one walk into any bank to get the PTA, or one must go to his bank?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chiinj(m): 8:38pm On Aug 12, 2015
chiinj:
Hello house, please is it compulsory to submit a mail from the school you want to attend giving you permission for late resumption when your visa interview date is close to the actual date of resumption? I've been trying to read this thread from the beginning and I am seeing "apply for two weeks extension" up and down. Is it necessary?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by seyifunmi01: 9:42pm On Aug 12, 2015
@qstomiwa. M.Sc oil and gas technology. Thanks bro for d info.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by samiam123: 12:41am On Aug 13, 2015
Hello. Please does anyone know if the 28 days the money is required to be in your bank account ends when you make the application online or when you have your appointment? My 28 days ended after I had already completed the online application but before the appointment. I would really appreciate any insight. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:58am On Aug 13, 2015
@seyifunmi, u welcom
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry357: 6:29am On Aug 13, 2015
samiam123:
Hello. Please does anyone know if the 28 days the money is required to be in your bank account ends when you make the application online or when you have your appointment? My 28 days ended after I had already completed the online application but before the appointment. I would really appreciate any insight. Thanks
Your money needs to be there for a MINIMUM of 28 days without falling below the threshold.
If it's there longer thats ok.
But print your statement as close to the interview as possible.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dannyabba(m): 7:29am On Aug 13, 2015
Hello house. About this foreign transaction limit and NHS, I believe 225 GBP is already more than the set daily limit of 300 USD. Is there a way around this now?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by samiam123: 8:42am On Aug 13, 2015
Worry357, thank you for your response, but I think you misunderstood me. I meant does the money need to have been there for 28 days before I submit my online application or for 28 days before I go for the appointment? My money will have been there for over 28 days by the day of my appointment, but on the day I applied online it hadn't reached 28 days yet.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidosko(m): 8:59am On Aug 13, 2015
samiam123:
Worry357, thank you for your response, but I think you misunderstood me. I meant does the money need to have been there for 28 days before I submit my online application or for 28 days before I go for the appointment? My money will have been there for over 28 days by the day of my appointment, but on the day I applied online it hadn't reached 28 days yet.
it is still acceptable dat way.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Fola10: 2:18pm On Aug 13, 2015
bidosko:
it is still acceptable dat way.

Please I'm confused o. the Tier 4 guidance notes states that the funds must be in your account for a minimum of 28 days before the date of your application. The date of your application is the day you make the payment for the visa application fee. I understand this to mean that you can only pay for the visa after the 28 day period.

this new information by @bidosko is confusing. Please clarify
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:26pm On Aug 13, 2015
Fola10:

Please I'm confused o. the Tier 4 guidance notes states that the funds must be in your account for a minimum of 28 days before the date of your application. The date of your application is the day you make the payment for the visa application fee. I understand this to mean that you can only pay for the visa after the 28 day period.

That is correct.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 2:47pm On Aug 13, 2015
Fola10:

justwise:

That is correct.

I can remember we confirmed the changes about this a few months ago. The person in question sent UKBA an email, which they replied that the submission date is (now) the date of application as applicants could no longer pay at the visa centre
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Fola10: 3:04pm On Aug 13, 2015
So I can make the payment for the visa application now, book the appointment and all as long as the appointment date is after the 28th day period.

because the 28th day period for me ends on 17th of August and I was thinking that I'll book my appointment on the 18th

spikesC:

I can remember we confirmed the changes about this a few months ago. The person in question sent UKBA an email, which they replied that the submission date is (now) the date of application as applicants could no longer pay at the visa centre
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 3:49pm On Aug 13, 2015
Fola10:
So I can make the payment for the visa application now, book the appointment and all as long as the appointment date is after the 28th day period.

because the 28th day period for me ends on 17th of August and I was thinking that I'll book my appointment on the 18th

Yes, you can do everything now and submit after the 28 days period
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Petitediva14(f): 4:14pm On Aug 13, 2015
Fola10:

You can do that. I paid and booked for my appointment on the 29th day. But you can pay for your appointment but the day you choose must be after the 28th day.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:07pm On Aug 13, 2015
spikesC:

If i remembered correctly what was confirmed then was that your application is not complete until you submit at the visa centre and give your biometric details.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Fola10: 5:28pm On Aug 13, 2015
Oh wow. Thank you
I didn't know that.

justwise:
[/b]

If i remembered correctly what was confirmed then was that your application is not complete until you submit at the visa centre and give your biometric details.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dudubery: 10:38pm On Aug 13, 2015
Fola10:

For more clarity, this is from an updated tier 4 guidance note.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/453706/T4_MigrantGuidance_August_2015.pdf

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by djfrancis: 11:46pm On Aug 13, 2015
Petitediva14:

You can do that. I paid and booked for my appointment on the 29th day. But you can pay for your appointment but the day you choose must be after the 28th day.

Have you picked up your passport now? Got a mail to pick up mine 2mao
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by stadora(f): 3:58am On Aug 14, 2015
zaidasqueen:
who is applying for the chevening scholarship? I am interested so that we can work together

I just saw the application form online nw, I want 2 apply, bt lookin @ d english lang requirement, hw wil u go abt it, as dats wr I want 2 start frm. do u no of any exam center?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Petitediva14(f): 10:15am On Aug 14, 2015
djfrancis:

Have you picked up your passport now? Got a mail to pick up mine 2mao

Nope. I got a mail too but I am not in Lagos right now. Please let me know when you get your visa and what was required before you collected it. Thanks....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by djfrancis: 12:49pm On Aug 14, 2015
Petitediva14:

Nope. I got a mail too but I am not in Lagos right now. Please let me know when you get your visa and what was required before you collected it. Thanks....

I have collected mine today. ..what was required was d form u were given on d day of application and a photocopy of ur passport data page. Doesnt take up to 30mins

I have my visa now...Thank God

Onto the next one.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Petitediva14(f): 1:56pm On Aug 14, 2015
djfrancis:

I have collected mine today. ..what was required was d form u were given on d day of application and a photocopy of ur passport data page. Doesnt take up to 30mins

I have my visa now...Thank God

Onto the next one.

Yaaaayyyy!!! Congrats!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by seyifunmi01: 8:00pm On Aug 14, 2015
@qstomiwa. Pls email me ur no. toluwaleke2007@yahoo.com. will really appreciate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Ademuyiz(m): 8:12pm On Aug 14, 2015
Does anyone know if it's possible to carry out international transfers as usual with the new banking rules. For example someone's parents send their child in the UK a bulk amount for rent, say £3000 upwards, or will there be a specific list of documents to be provided before a bank honours the transfer request?

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kokegbe(m): 9:54pm On Aug 14, 2015
I got my Visa today, thanks to everyone and justwise, spikesC, scoobs who contributed actively here. It took exactly 11days after application for my documents to be returned to me. I submitted my application on Monday, 3rd August ie last Monday at TLS Ikeja, got decision email yesterday and received my documents by courier here in Port Harcourt, for anyone feeling discouraged or whatsoever, just be patient and follow instructions, you will get yours. Glory to God.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by djfrancis: 11:54pm On Aug 14, 2015
Petitediva14:

Yaaaayyyy!!! Congrats!!!

Thanks!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guiddoti: 1:44am On Aug 15, 2015
kokegbe:
I got my Visa today, thanks to everyone and justwise, spikesC, scoobs who contributed actively here. It took exactly 11days after application for my documents to be returned to me. I submitted my application on Monday, 3rd August ie last Monday at TLS Ikeja, got decision email yesterday and received my documents by courier here in Port Harcourt, for anyone feeling discouraged or whatsoever, just be patient and follow instructions, you will get yours. Glory to God.
congrats
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guiddoti: 1:49am On Aug 15, 2015
spikesC:

You can take the passport anywhere you want, as far as it matches the required specifications.
All cards work
yes sir. Good job bro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:03am On Aug 15, 2015
@seyifunmi, I just did that
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MrMarcus(m): 6:41am On Aug 15, 2015
Ademuyiz:
Does anyone know if it's possible to carry out international transfers as usual with the new banking rules. For example someone's parents send their child in the UK a bulk amount for rent, say £3000 upwards, or will there be a specific list of documents to be provided before a bank honours the transfer request?

Thanks.

YES..
Through Form A.
Educational related issues are exempted but strictly through Form A transactions.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Petitediva14(f): 7:30am On Aug 15, 2015
kokegbe:

Congrats....

(1) (2) (3) ... (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.