Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (500) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864185 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pet01(m): 8:22pm On Aug 30, 2015
thababe:

I paid my deposit using my card, i believe there was a charge from my bank but notging crazy..but used form A for the bulk of the tuition.

Thanks alot
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by rotimilax(m): 8:08am On Aug 31, 2015
Ademuyiz:

Chief, congrats on getting ur visa. I'm so anxious here. Can you post a preview of the mail you were sent from the UKVI?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by seyifunmi01: 11:43am On Aug 31, 2015
Got an email dat a decision has been made on my application on friday.Up till now I have not gotten an email to come for collection. can I go 2 d VAC ikeja later today or tomorrow.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 31, 2015
Hi, please I want to know if I have to photocopy all my documents (certificates and all) please it's urgent.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 31, 2015
seyifunmi01:
Got an email dat a decision has been made on my application on friday.Up till now I have not gotten an email to come for collection. can I go 2 d VAC ikeja later today or tomorrow.

Shuo o!its just monday 12:00 and you are complaining already lols.please relax and share a bottle of coke
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:29pm On Aug 31, 2015
derena:
Hi, please I want to know if I have to photocopy all my documents (certificates and all) please it's urgent.

Yes, except the printed application forms
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by doobii: 12:40pm On Aug 31, 2015
Yes you can go and pick up. I got the decision mail also on Friday and I just picked my visa without getting a collection mail from VAC Ikeja.

seyifunmi01:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 31, 2015
Thank you, also my offer letter and my CAS letter are obviously not original because I received it by email and printed it out is that a problem?
spikesC:

Yes, except the printed application forms
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chenn(m): 1:27pm On Aug 31, 2015
Hello House, I was just been informed now by my account Officer that First Bank Nigeria has suspended the sale of BTA & PTA nation wide!

Please what are other affordable means to get GBP because my journey to UK is next week??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ugojay(f): 1:41pm On Aug 31, 2015
I hrd that one would be required to show her bank statement to the immigration and also during enrolment at school.my question now is, am I to submit the bank statement that I used for the visa application(which dated July) or to print anoda bank statement closer to the day I'm travelling?and also i hav made d full tuition fees payment so the previous balance is not d same as now.

pls I need u guys advice on this--Justwise and SpikeC help. .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 2:12pm On Aug 31, 2015
derena:
Thank you, also my offer letter and my CAS letter are obviously not original because I received it by email and printed it out is that a problem?

It's not a problem, that's how they always are
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 2:14pm On Aug 31, 2015
ugojay:
I hrd that one would be required to show her bank statement to the immigration and also during enrolment at school.my question now is, am I to submit the bank statement that I used for the visa application(which dated July) or to print anoda bank statement closer to the day I'm travelling?and also i hav made d full tuition fees payment so the previous balance is not d same as now.

You're not required to do so, but you can take the one you used to apply or print another one. It still doesn't matter
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidosko(m): 2:34pm On Aug 31, 2015
chenn:
Hello House, I was just been informed now by my account Officer that First Bank Nigeria has suspended the sale of BTA & PTA nation wide!

Please what are other affordable means to get GBP because my journey to UK is next week??
wow this isn't interesting. I submitted my pta form last week to them. I pray the decision isn't effected
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by scoobs: 2:35pm On Aug 31, 2015
ugojay:

Who told you this? Going by the mail I got You are nt required.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 31, 2015
Alright then, thanks a lot.
spikesC:

It's not a problem, that's how they always are
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chenn(m): 5:58pm On Aug 31, 2015
bidosko:
wow this isn't interesting. I submitted my pta form last week to them. I pray the decision isn't effected

Which bank did you submit your PTA form? Because I was made to understand by my bankers that the PTA transaction is an instant thing, not something you finished the next day when you start it; because they have to conclude and give you the cash there and then!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Petitediva14(f): 6:29pm On Aug 31, 2015
chenn:

Which bank did you submit your PTA form? Because I was made to understand by my bankers that the PTA transaction is an instant thing, not something you finished the next day when you start it; because they have to conclude and give you the cash there and then!

That was the way it was.. But because of scarcity of foreign currency most of them have to call bigger branches to get it. I was skeptical about dropping my passport too but I had to get over it. I got the pta and my passport the next day at a FBN branch before the suspension. It seems most banks have stopped it. They must be scared of something....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidosko(m): 8:11pm On Aug 31, 2015
chenn:

@ firstbank , I was told they had no pounds as at last wk that I should chill till this week
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:35am On Sep 01, 2015
ugojay:

Don't disregard that info because its possible but its not a written rule or policy.

Immigration can randomly ask you to show any document at POE bank statement included. Some schools are getting desperate to keep their sponsorship license and can do anything just to prove to UKBA that they admit genuine students.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by orenishii: 10:30am On Sep 01, 2015
Please is there anyone going to Swansea University this September?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jayken07(m): 1:44pm On Sep 01, 2015
Please is anyone going to uni of the west of England,Bristol this September ??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Meritl: 2:03pm On Sep 01, 2015
chenn:

Yeah. I got the same reply from them last week Friday too.
First Bank said it was a CBN directive. Temporary though, they said.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 01, 2015
Yes, I am by God's grace.
jayken07:
Please is anyone going to uni of the west of England,Bristol this September ??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 01, 2015
Please those who have paid for priority service how much were you charged in naira?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ebally(f): 5:46pm On Sep 01, 2015
Hello everyone,
Please is there anyone who recently applied and chose Abuja VAC? I will be applying on Thursday and want to know if appointment dates in Abuja VAC are far or close. Thanks all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ebally(f): 5:47pm On Sep 01, 2015
Hello everyone,
Please is there anyone who recently applied and chose Abuja VAC? I will be applying on Thursday and want to know if appointment dates in Abuja VAC are far or close. Thanks all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ebakwest(m): 7:19pm On Sep 01, 2015
ebally:
Hello everyone,
Please is there anyone who recently applied and chose Abuja VAC? I will be applying on Thursday and want to know if appointment days in Abuja VAC are far or close. Thanks all

I applied last week wednesday for Abuja VAC. I saw free days from last friday. but i chose thusday (next tomorow). You can only be sure of the free dates when you apply. good luck

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ebally(f): 7:28pm On Sep 01, 2015
ebakwest:

I applied last week wednesday for Abuja VAC. I saw free days from last friday. but i chose thusday (next tomorow). You can only be sure of the free dates when you apply. good luck

Thanks a lot @ebakwest.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chenn(m): 7:34pm On Sep 01, 2015
Hello House! Has anyone bought PTA from Union Bank?? If so, what are your experiences with them

And secondly which other banks are currently selling PTA without wahala

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.