Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,444 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865418 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:45pm On Feb 13, 2012
werlay:

That's wat she sed, She sed the school would acknowledge in the CAS that all funds that would allow me leave comfortablly is with them.

Ok, wait until u get ur CAS and see what is in it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by EmmaIK: 10:44pm On Feb 14, 2012
@Justwise.
Good day. I'm hearing that there are new rules for UK visa application now. As regards d maintenance money you must show.
For inner London, its now £1000/mnth. For outer London its now £800/month.
This is serious o!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by EmmaIK: 10:46pm On Feb 14, 2012
Immigration changes on 6 April
13 February 2012
The UK Government has published information of the immigration changes it plans to introduce on 6 April. The full details should be available on 15 March. In summary the changes will be:

If you apply on or after 6 April, you must show that you have higher levels of funds. If you study in Inner London, this increases from £800 to £1000 per month. Outside Inner London, the level increases from £600 to £800 per month. Funds for dependants also increase.
If you pay accommodation fees to your Tier 4 sponsor, you will be able to deduct a maximum of £1000 from the maintenance you have to show when you make your application, even if you have paid more than this.
You will be limited to spending five years on courses at degree level. There will be exceptions if:
your undergraduate degree course was four or five years long and you want to study a Master's degree at a higher education institution (recognised body or institution in receipt of public funding)
you want to study a PhD at a higher education institution
you are studying a specific course: architecture, medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine and science, law, music studied at a conservatoire.
If you are studying a course below degree level and/or you are not at a higher education institution and you apply for leave on or after 6 April, any work placements must be limited to one third of your total course time (currently the limit is 50 per cent).
If you are going to do a pre-sessional course followed by a degree level course and your Tier 4 sponsor wants to assign you one Confirmation of Acceptance (CAS) for Studies for both courses, you must have passed a UK Border Agency-approved English language test at the required level before your sponsor can assign a CAS to you. Until 6 April, you did not have to pass an approved test and your sponsor could assess your English in different ways.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:12pm On Feb 14, 2012
EmmaIK:

@Justwise.
Good day. I'm hearing that there are new rules for UK visa application now. As regards d maintenance money you must show.
For inner London, its now £1000/mnth. For outer London its now £800/month.
This is serious o!

Where did you get the news from because i can't see it on their website.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by EmmaIK: 11:17pm On Feb 14, 2012
justwise:

Where did you get the news from because i can't see it on their website.

Its on the Uk Council for International Student Affairs website.
http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/student/index.php
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:54pm On Feb 14, 2012
EmmaIK:

Its on the Uk Council for International Student Affairs website.
http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/student/index.php

I'm sure it will not stop Nigerians from applying though many will be heading to US or Canada
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by werlay(m): 9:23pm On Feb 18, 2012
@justwise,
I got my CAS on Wed and applied on thursday. It showed all the fees paid nd stated that I have paid the maintanance/ accomodation nd living cost to the school. I applied witout submiting the bank statment.
What I wanna ask you is that my school's last registration date is 27th of this month. Is it possible I get the visa by next week thurday cos I don't get it then I might not be able to me the dead line.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:19pm On Feb 18, 2012
werlay:

@justwise,
I got my CAS on Wed and applied on thursday. It showed all the fees paid nd stated that I have paid the maintanance/ accomodation nd living cost to the school. I applied witout submiting the bank statment.
What I wanna ask you is that my school's last registration date is 27th of this month. Is it possible I get the visa by next week thurday cos I don't get it then I might not be able to me the dead line.

That is possible.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:28am On Feb 19, 2012
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:19am On Feb 19, 2012
e-freaky:

I want to say a Big thank you to justwise and every person that has made useful contributions on this thread,your informed comments helped me through the whole process. Am now in the UK 'battling' with my Msc, once again thank you very much guys.

Congrat, really happy for you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:58pm On Feb 19, 2012
the provisional fees are already on the UK bordeer agency website

255pounds to 289 pounds

9000-10000 for living expenses in inner london boroguh

Honestly we should start charging non-nigerians incremental charges every year on everything. tongue
its UK universities that will suffer

its too late for me already got admission cant go through this again-its a good thing its a 1yr course

@justwise My question

I have funds in savings,current and fixed deposit accounts - do i have to move cash out of my fixed deposit as well
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:16am On Feb 20, 2012
salsera:

the provisional fees are already on the UK bordeer agency website

255pounds to 289 pounds

9000-10000 for living expenses in inner london boroguh

Honestly we should start charging non-nigerians incremental charges every year on everything. tongue
its UK universities that will suffer

its too late for me already got admission cant go through this again-its a good thing its a 1yr course

@justwise My question

I have funds in savings,current and fixed deposit accounts - do i have to move cash out of my fixed deposit as well

Do you want to submit the 3 bank accounts?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 20, 2012
I wondering whether i can show statement on my Fixed

because with the new instruction on 9000-10000 for maintenance funds - its the combined funds that i need to show.

An agent had previously told my sister that its has to be savings or current account
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:36pm On Feb 20, 2012
salsera:

I wondering whether i can show statement on my Fixed

because with the new instruction on 9000-10000 for maintenance funds - its the combined funds that i need to show.

An agent had previously told my sister that its has to be savings or current account

Its not yet implemented, its from 6th of April 2012, so at the moment it still £7200 for London and £5400 outside London
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:06pm On Feb 20, 2012
same thing,

September is my start date and since i cant apply till 3months before the course starts so the new prices will affect me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:12pm On Feb 20, 2012
salsera:

same thing,

September is my start date and since i cant apply till 3months before the course starts so the new prices will affect me

Oh ok, i understand that now. then you have enough time to move the whole money into one account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by EmmaIK: 9:59am On Feb 22, 2012
@Justwise.
Good morning. I'm in a little fix. U kno I have an unconditional offer for september entry.
Recently I went to a Preparation For Life seminar just for fun & I met one of their counselors. After talking for a while he said I have to write an english language Examination for my visa to be approved.
I emailed my school and asked them, but they said I don't have to.
My problem is that dis PFL has been calling me almost daily as he wants me to write Pearson Test Of English. He said to register is 45k.

Pls wat do u think?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:26am On Feb 22, 2012
EmmaIK:
@Justwise.
Good morning. I'm in a little fix. U kno I have an unconditional offer for september entry.
Recently I went to a Preparation For Life seminar just for fun & I met one of their counselors. After talking for a while he said I have to write an english language Examination for my visa to be approved.
My problem is that dis PFL has been calling me almost daily as he wants me to write Pearson Test Of English. He said to register is 45k.

Pls wat do u think?

I guess u applied to a private school. The UKBA requires all private school applicants take the IELTS test and reach a 6.5. Without dat score ur visa will not be issued. The test is simple but if u aren't too sure of making dat score then I'll advise you go for a public school which doesn't require IELTS and u can work while schooling. But when in a private school, u can't work. Meanning u won't be given a work permit. My advise is if u can afford a public school then go for it,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:36am On Feb 22, 2012
The private schools have no say regarding d english proficiency test. The embassy set d rule and it should be adhered to. The school might tell u it aint required but the embassys decicion supercedes d schools decision. Your admmision doesn't matter but your visa is what matters. Admission without a study visa is useless. Regarding this PFL people, I'll tell u to be careful with them. Cos I applied for a school through them and when I decided to change to another school they said I'll have to pay another N30,000. Abusurd!! My advise is dat don't make d mistake I made. Everything they do is what u can do too. They don't do anything special. They follow d same procedure d embassy requires and u can do d same too. Just be carefull with all these agents whether they have a big office or not. Just be carefull. Before I applied through PFL, they called me regulary but after I paid the money to them they stoped calling me and barely reply y mails and they aren't straight forward with the required tution fee and part tuition fee deposit. Just be carefull with all these agents cos they won't give u full info and wld hide what cld mnake u not apply through them. I once made enquiries through an agent with a big office in lagos and they were hiding the fact that I couldn't work in a private school from me. I later did my researh and found out everything. Pls be warned
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:52pm On Feb 22, 2012
EmmaIK:

@Justwise.

Pls wat do u think?

If you have emailed the school and they said you don't need to write any English language test then print that email and attach it to your visa application package and submit

Don't listen to the agent calling you, all they want is your money, if the school said you don't need to write English language test then forget about whatever the agent tells you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by EmmaIK: 1:41pm On Feb 22, 2012
edwrad50:

The private schools have no say regarding d english proficiency test. The embassy set d rule and it should be adhered to. The school might tell u it aint required but the embassys decicion supercedes d schools decision. Your admmision doesn't matter but your visa is what matters. Admission without a study visa is useless. Regarding this PFL people, I'll tell u to be careful with them. Cos I applied for a school through them and when I decided to change to another school they said I'll have to pay another N30,000. Abusurd!! My advise is dat don't make d mistake I made. Everything they do is what u can do too. They don't do anything special. They follow d same procedure d embassy requires and u can do d same too. Just be carefull with all these agents whether they have a big office or not. Just be carefull. Before I applied through PFL, they called me regulary but after I paid the money to them they stoped calling me and barely reply y mails and they aren't straight forward with the required tution fee and part tuition fee deposit. Just be carefull with all these agents cos they won't give u full info and wld hide what cld mnake u not apply through them. I once made enquiries through an agent with a big office in lagos and they were hiding the fact that I couldn't work in a private school from me. I later did my researh and found out everything. Pls be warned

I dont think the school is a private school. Its the University of Aberdeen. Thanks for the advice regarding those PFL people. I got the Admission on my own without their help, i was only thinking of getting their help with regards the visa application.

@Justwise. Thanks a lot.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:50pm On Feb 22, 2012
EmmaIK:

I dont think the school is a private school. Its the University of Aberdeen. Thanks for the advice regarding those PFL people. I got the Admission on my own without their help, i was only thinking of getting their help with regards the visa application.

@Justwise. Thanks a lot.

Its not private university and its one of the best universities in the UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by toyinajani(m): 9:02pm On Feb 22, 2012
Hello Justwise,
I have an offfer for post graduate course in University of Gloucestershire. I want to know if
1. It is private or public university
2. If with the changes that would be unfolded in April, will i be allowed to work to augument myself
3. I have been asked not to write English test, Would this be accepted by the UKBA?
Pls i need your views on these!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:47pm On Feb 22, 2012
toyinajani:

Hello Justwise,
I have an offfer for post graduate course in University of Gloucestershire. I want to know if
1. It is private or public university
2. If with the changes that would be unfolded in April, will i be allowed to work to augument myself
3. I have been asked not to write English test, Would this be accepted by the UKBA?
Pls i need your views on these!

1. Public

2. Yes you will be allowed to work but come prepared financially.

3. It will be accepted by them as it will be written in your CAS as well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by werlay(m): 10:06pm On Feb 22, 2012
EmmaIK:

@Justwise.

Pls wat do u think?

Pearson Test of English Cost 33k I took the exam 2weeks ago
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:56pm On Feb 29, 2012
Good afternoon, pls can i use a dollar domicilliary account to apply for student visa?.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by nat138: 10:27pm On Mar 01, 2012
honey86:

Good afternoon, pls can i use a dollar domicilliary account to apply for student visa?.

Yes you can use a dollar account but ensure you use the current converter on the ukba website, I think they use Oanda to convert it to British pounds and fill in all necessary places on your application. Make it very legible if not they can claim they thought it was in the local currency (had an experince with them regarding this, and they refused me a visa But sorted it out almost immediately).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 04, 2012
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 4:21pm On Mar 04, 2012
calebo101:

Hi all, my sponsor has withdrawn the 2 million naira in my account due to an emergency situation and i intend to apply for my student visa by wednesday next week. Although the money has been in my account for over 28 days. If i apply for the visa with an account statement of 27th febuary, would i be successful.? I have met all other conditions but i'm at a loss at the sudden turn of events. Can i apply when the money has been withdrawn/? But i have kept it for more than 28 days. Pls advise me oh so i do not waste the visa fee if i would not be successful.

Of course if you applied and they called up and find out that there is no money in your account, you will be refused a visa and ban for 10yrs for lying in your application form. I mean, how will you apply for student visa with an empty bank account?

Why not wait until the money is returned and clocked 28days?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:34pm On Mar 04, 2012
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by EmmaIK: 11:00am On Mar 06, 2012
@Justwise.
Gudmorning. I have a question about finances. I've had the money for my fees and living expenses in my account for about 6mnths, but so that I won't spend it, I put it in a fixed deposit till april.
The earliest I can apply for my visa is 10th June.
My question is fo I have to leave the funds for another 28 days again? As wen I fixed the funds, it was debited and removed from my account and shows up as ”transfer for investment to Oceanic bank" in my statement of account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:43am On Mar 06, 2012
EmmaIK:

@Justwise.
Gudmorning. I have a question about finances. I've had the money for my fees and living expenses in my account for about 6mnths, but so that I won't spend it, I put it in a fixed deposit till april.
The earliest I can apply for my visa is 10th June.
My question is fo I have to leave the funds for another 28 days again? As wen I fixed the funds, it was debited and removed from my account and shows up as ”transfer for investment to Oceanic bank" in my statement of account.

To avoid any issue with the 28days thing, remove a chunk of money from that account by say. . . . first week of May and pay it back then start accounting the 28days so that by 10th of June or 9th of June it will clocked 28days.

The 28days count starts when you have the complete amount of money required in your account.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.