Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,670 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Fashola Pleads With Residents On Toll And Further Explains - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Pleads With Residents On Toll And Further Explains (10266 Views)

Photos Of Sokoto Residents On The Streets With Brooms, Shovels Over N1m Prize / Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition / Boko Haram Kills 70 Adamawa Residents On Sallah Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Pleads With Residents On Toll And Further Explains by Akiika: 12:07am On Dec 20, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Nowhere did I insult you( you would have to pull out the exact words that do), however, I see you had no problem coming on to INSULT taxpayers by calling thinking them free loaders. You also INSULTED these tax payers by NOT EDUCATING YOURSELF FIRST on the particulars of the ISSUE they are protesting on, before taking it on yourself to join the debate.  Why you feel insulted that I called you out on it, is all you, not me.

I doubt with the level of exposure you are working with there on the cause being pursued by these people, you could ever know a valid point raised by anyone on this. So, I would really suggest that you go do your homework on this issue before you come back out posting on a topic you obviously have little very understanding of.

And the crux of the issue is majority of the comm enters do not know what taxes are and why government really OWES you when you pay your taxes. I guess to most of you, it is sort of a GLORY sacrifice of some sort. Others know and will not even forgo their tax refund checks in America, but will turn to tell Nigerians in Lagos that they deserve none of that. Pity really!
Why is my question so difficult for you to answer? i'll simply assume you don't have any fact to justify your tirades. The fact is , less than 30% of working population of Lagos are paying taxes to provide amenities for 100% of of the population. We all complain about our leaders' excessess, but take youself for example, you simply have the opportunity to respond to an issue and all you do is go on aggresive 'opinion imposition' rampage, responding to all contributors individually. You assumed every contributor with a divergent view isn't educated enough on the subject, whatever you know is the right view on issues. What happened to mutual respect? at least you are in yankee, you have a benchmark to compare the uncivility in the naija society to. There isn't any trophy for the loudest contributor on Nairaland, just saying.
Re: Fashola Pleads With Residents On Toll And Further Explains by Kobojunkie: 12:14am On Dec 20, 2011
Akiika:

Why is my question so difficult for you to answer? i'll simply assume you don't have any fact to justify your tirades. The fact is , less than 30% of working population of Lagos are paying taxes to provide amenities for 100% of of the population. We all complain about our leaders' excessess, but take youself for example, you simply have the opportunity to respond to an issue and all you do is go on aggresive 'opinion imposition' rampage, responding to all contributors individually. You assumed every contributor with a divergent view isn't educated enough on the subject, whatever you know is the right view on issues. What happened to mutual respect? at least you are in yankee, you have a benchmark to compare the uncivility in the naija society to. There isn't any trophy for the loudest contributor on Nairaland, just saying.

Don't ever think you can read my mind because you first have no obvious idea of how the tax system works. Expecting 100% tax contribution from the working population? really? Even 30% is a big deal in most places, more so in a country where over 70% of the people live on less than $2 dollars a day income. 

Kobojunkie:

And the crux of the issue is majority of the comm enters do not know what taxes are and why government really OWES you when you pay your taxes. I guess to most of you, it is sort of a GLORY sacrifice of some sort. Others know and will not even forgo their tax refund checks in America, but will turn to tell Nigerians in Lagos that they deserve none of that.  Pity really!

Notice how this more than addresses even what you have in your response there? Go do your homework.
Re: Fashola Pleads With Residents On Toll And Further Explains by Akiika: 12:27am On Dec 20, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Don't ever think you can read my mind because you first have no obvious idea of how the tax system works. Expecting 100% tax contribution from the working population? really? Even 30% is a big deal in most places.
Do you have facts? Give me figures? statistics? case studies? Just like that? you've figured i have no idea of how the tax system works?, lol
[/quote]Notice how this more than addresses even what you have in your response there? Go do your homework.
[quote]
Ok sir, Mr repertoire of knowledge!

This blind arguement simply ain't worth my precious time, goodluck with your dogmatic views bro.
Re: Fashola Pleads With Residents On Toll And Further Explains by wesley80(m): 1:01am On Dec 20, 2011
oyb:

i dont want to even begin to imagine how many monday morning vi meetings have been disrupted. at least one of the ogas came in 2 hours late today. i  am putting off an assignment  around phase 1 for the same reason - the traffic nightmare.

nd as for the previously mentioned disruption to several businesses in the area . . . lipsrsealed
Eh yahhh, I almost felt sorry for you. I understand it can be very difficult when ones 'hero' fails them this woefully, most people completely lose their tongues, great to see you've kept yours. No worry sha, afterall God dey so Mugu go wise one day. LMAO!
Re: Fashola Pleads With Residents On Toll And Further Explains by Obiagu1(m): 1:29am On Dec 20, 2011
Goons vs the Crooks!

A beg make una deal with it.
Re: Fashola Pleads With Residents On Toll And Further Explains by Ejine(m): 1:58am On Dec 20, 2011
I kinda miss Gbawe though. . . sad
I honestly do.
Re: Fashola Pleads With Residents On Toll And Further Explains by manny4life(m): 2:13am On Dec 20, 2011
^^^^

cry cry cry cry
Re: Fashola Pleads With Residents On Toll And Further Explains by mikewills(m): 4:24am On Dec 20, 2011
Let's look at some facts about this Toll road.
1. Toll roads are built primarily to reduce traffic (95% of the time). The other 5% of the time, they serve as a source of “indirect” tax to raise revenue for governments.
2. In other to reduce traffic, they are “newly” built and serve as “alternate” routes to existing roads. (Toll roads are ALWAYS “Alternate” routes).
3. Lekki Exp Way was an existing road with functional dual lanes. It was the only access road to Lekki axis.
4. As at 2006 before the LCC started road construction, it used to take a maximum of 1 hour to move from Sand fill to Ajah (on a very bad day). Forget all these 3 hour crap people bandy around. It’s a freaking lie. I worked in that hood.
5. The traffic logjam and delay started from 2007 when LCC started construction.
6. What exactly did LLC do? They added an extra lane on an existing road and “tolled” it.
7. People are now being told to take “alternate” routes which were nonexistent prior to LCC “Occupying” the only access road. These roads came about because people had to look for how to avoid the traffic logjam thereby creating routes such as the beach road and those “kurukere” roads through Jakande.
8. The entire logic of LCC tolling an existing road, which was the only access road, is totally flawed.
9. This is just a calculated attempt by some cabal in Lagos to enrich themselves by perpetuating their monopolistic and money grabbing tendency to the detriment of the entire populace.
Re: Fashola Pleads With Residents On Toll And Further Explains by Nobody: 6:08am On Dec 20, 2011
wesley80:

Eh yahhh, I almost felt sorry for you. I understand it can be very difficult when ones 'hero' fails them this woefully, most people completely lose their tongues, great to see you've kept yours. No worry sha, afterall God dey so Mugu go wise one day. LMAO!

not everyone is a brain dead desperate sycophant like the team gej dunces who shamelessly ,stupidly and bizarrely cheer their man on when he goofs and prances around with no clothes towards the edge of the cliff .

if your dolt had some sincere people around him who did not rabidly defend his idiocy he would have a chance to be  a better president, instead of being the most useless president in the entire third world. now run along and bury your head back up gej's anus and tell him it tastes like ambrosia
Re: Fashola Pleads With Residents On Toll And Further Explains by mbulela: 8:07am On Dec 20, 2011
Ejiné:

I kinda miss Gbawe though. . . sad
I honestly do.

grin grin
Re: Fashola Pleads With Residents On Toll And Further Explains by mbulela: 8:16am On Dec 20, 2011
Much more than Gbawe, i want to hear from Prof. Osinbanjo.
How such Godly, intelligent and upright men can be foot soldiers for a questionable character like BAT is what bothers me.
I recently heard the good prof tell a story of how BRT was chosen by BAT. The essence of that story does not tally with the present happenings in the Lekki axis.
Why is it too difficult to find proof of a competitive bid for that road project that LCC won?
Why was the govt so desperate that it seems to have given LCC both the 'yam and the knife'?
30 years for an already built road?? how many years will they be given for a brand new road?
We have been so battered by bad leadership that we have placed seemingly decent leaders on such a pedestal that we are unwilling to question a set up that just does not make sense and seems skewed towards the benefit of LCC to the detriment of the populate.
Imagine if it was Ibori or Uduaghan or even Akala doing this Lekki fiasco. Lagosians reaction would have been very different.
Re: Fashola Pleads With Residents On Toll And Further Explains by Demdem(m): 8:20am On Dec 20, 2011
oyb:

not everyone is a brain dead desperate sycophant like the team gej dunces who shamelessly ,stupidly and bizarrely cheer their man on when he goofs and prances around with no clothes towards the edge of the cliff .

if your dolt had some sincere people around him who did not rabidly defend his idiocy he would have a chance to be  a better president, instead of being the most useless president in the entire third world. now run along and bury your head back up gej's anus and tell him it tastes like ambrosia

Damn it. The retardeen's anus, God forbid. Tufiaka grin
Re: Fashola Pleads With Residents On Toll And Further Explains by debosky(m): 10:36am On Dec 20, 2011
Every leader has his potential downfall or Achilles heel - this may be it for Fashola.
Re: Fashola Pleads With Residents On Toll And Further Explains by TBADMUS1: 6:56pm On Dec 20, 2011
My blv b4 is that Gov. FASHORO is a man of Masses but now i was totally disappointed. How possible for some 1 dat is going to pass Toll-Gate 7 to 10 times in a day.Pls help us to find solution to dis,if it is once nobody will complaing.
Re: Fashola Pleads With Residents On Toll And Further Explains by Remii(m): 8:25pm On Dec 20, 2011
debosky:

Every leader has his potential downfall or Achilles heel - this may be it for Fashola.

Yes, he who God will destroy will first make mad.
Re: Fashola Pleads With Residents On Toll And Further Explains by peckhamboi: 9:11pm On Dec 20, 2011
AjanleKoko:

3. The third issue: How did they arrive at their costs? For someone living in Ikota (thankfully I don't), they have to pass through two toll gates, a distance of 12 km, and a cost of N240 with every pass. N480 a day, 172,800 a month. Do you guys pay in excess of $1,100 a month in road tolls? I've never seen anywhere in the world where 12km of expressway is tolled twice. At the end of the day we are consumers and should have a say in what we pay as toll. Rather, we get slapped with an arbitrary cost. Maybe those of you living in the 'West' can enlighten us.

Please stop over-exaggerating these figures

It's 172,800 per year not per month. 480 x 360 = 172,800

So $1,000 per annum or about $80 per month is not too bad, but I suggest they reduce it by 50%.
Re: Fashola Pleads With Residents On Toll And Further Explains by AjanleKoko: 10:47pm On Dec 20, 2011
peckhamboi:

Please stop over-exaggerating these figures

It's 172,800 per year not per month. 480 x 360 = 172,800

So $1,000 per annum or about $80 per month is not too bad, but I suggest they reduce it by 50%.

Apologies. Per year it is, yes.
Re: Fashola Pleads With Residents On Toll And Further Explains by concrete: 11:16pm On Dec 20, 2011
mikewills:

Let's look at some facts about this Toll road.
1. Toll roads are built primarily to reduce traffic (95% of the time). The other 5% of the time, they serve as a source of “indirect” tax to raise revenue for governments.
2. In other to reduce traffic, they are “newly” built and serve as “alternate” routes to existing roads. (Toll roads are ALWAYS “Alternate” routes).
3. Lekki Exp Way was an existing road with functional dual lanes. It was the only access road to Lekki axis.
4. As at 2006 before the LCC started road construction, it used to take a maximum of 1 hour to move from Sand fill to Ajah (on a very bad day). Forget all these 3 hour crap people bandy around. It’s a freaking lie. I worked in that hood.
5. The traffic logjam and delay started from 2007 when LCC started construction.
6. What exactly did LLC do? They added an extra lane on an existing road and “tolled” it.
7. People are now being told to take “alternate” routes which were nonexistent prior to LCC “Occupying” the only access road. These roads came about because people had to look for how to avoid the traffic logjam thereby creating routes such as the beach road and those “kurukere” roads through Jakande.
8. The entire logic of LCC tolling an existing road, which was the only access road, is totally flawed.
9. This is just a calculated attempt by some cabal in Lagos to enrich themselves by perpetuating their monopolistic and money grabbing tendency to the detriment of the entire populace.

VERY VERY well put.
Re: Fashola Pleads With Residents On Toll And Further Explains by jmaine: 11:20pm On Dec 20, 2011
Belewu:

As much as i don't care about politics the man (Fashola) has dona e good thing for the state. [size=40pt]A journey that took 3 hrs to commute has been reduced to 30 mins[/size] and pple are complaining about tolls.

shocked shocked shocked . . . Ruthlessly punctured Akainzo line being displayed here  . . .

Re: Fashola Pleads With Residents On Toll And Further Explains by Kobojunkie: 11:25pm On Dec 20, 2011
Re: Fashola Pleads With Residents On Toll And Further Explains by james1(m): 4:39pm On Apr 17, 2012
This is just so bad.the second toll gate will soon come on stream,when it does,cost of transport will add up;all goods transported via that toll gate will be affected.
This burden will slam everyone living or doing business in that axis.
The cost of living will yet again be upped.
The toll rate is too high:whatever happened to a flat 20 naira and they intend to carry on for 25 years!!!current rates:250 naira for trucks,150 naira for SUVs,120 naira for cars and 80 naira for buses()
This shows the lagos state government don't have the interest of the masses at heart.they don't care and obviously don't seem like people who will change in the short run.
People who's interest is what money comes to them and their cronies pocket!!!
Re: Fashola Pleads With Residents On Toll And Further Explains by 2AMLasgidi: 8:44am On Aug 19, 2012
I hope lagosians are getting ready for the tolling on Badagry Expressway which is currently under construction. The signposts of Toll Gate are there now, Some troublesome & enemy of progress in who disguise as friends of Lagos are acting as if they are not aware now o. They are waiting for the Govt to finish the road before they start protest. Govt has not kept it a secret that that road will be tolled.

Only the service lane will remain toll-free for motorist. I am standing up for Progress, how about you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? / BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, / 2019 ELECTION : Buhari Not Afraid Of Debate – Campaign Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.