Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,789 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Stop Showing So Much Flesh. Be Decent! - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Stop Showing So Much Flesh. Be Decent! (16446 Views)

Photo Of The Day: Another Nigeria Lady Goes To The Extreme Showing Off Her Asset / Karen Igho Stop Showing Your bosoms Respect Yourself / Ankara Top On Jeans Trouser: Decent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Showing So Much Flesh. Be Decent! by kelz88(f): 2:00am On Dec 21, 2011
They should leave something to the imagination. I can understand if they were on the beach, in bikinis.

I don't get big women with massive boobs that still insist on wearing push up bras. The boobs are almost in their face.
Re: Stop Showing So Much Flesh. Be Decent! by Nobody: 2:19am On Dec 21, 2011
@poster
Women/girls can expect to be treated according to how they dress and carry themselves. Guess it depends on what reaction they want from people. Confidence and self respect will be reflected in their choices.
All you can do(like some have said here) is not give attention to what you dont like.
Re: Stop Showing So Much Flesh. Be Decent! by Nobody: 3:48am On Dec 21, 2011
kelz88:

They should leave something to the imagination. I can understand if they were on the beach, in bikinis.

I don't get big women with massive bosoms that still insist on wearing push up bras. The bosoms are almost in their face.
Abi o plus it just turns them into sexual objects in the eyes of men which the ladies never wanted in the 1st place. Some mothers even now dress their 4 ur old daughters in these ridiculous outfits. Talking about the issue is needed. I felt like correcting the girl in tantalizers about her unclad dressing but she looked aggressive so I was afraid of a hot slap lol.Ladies you are hot enough as you are even when covered up. We don't want to fall inside gutter because of you. It's difficult not to stare when it's everywhere.
Re: Stop Showing So Much Flesh. Be Decent! by Nobody: 4:06am On Dec 21, 2011
HERE IS A REALITY OF LIFE (2011/2012):

- some women out there have absolutely NOTHING to offer (to attract men) and therefore they need to entice men with such sexy attires that show their shape/curves.

- some women NEED the attention of men to feel better about themselves.

- some women are PROUD of their great bodies and want to showcase it to the whole world (especially when others are paying top $$$ to have the same curves, through plastic surgery).

- some women have paid top $$$$ to get such curves (aka plastic surgery) and therefore they want to flaunt their new body.

so who are we to judge them? to each their own!
Re: Stop Showing So Much Flesh. Be Decent! by MrsChima1(f): 4:11am On Dec 21, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

lol, it's more like a crackhead looking at the crack, without a crackpipe to smoke it.
"lookery" never killed anybody!

Same difference. Without that crack pipe, nothing getting smoked!
Re: Stop Showing So Much Flesh. Be Decent! by Adaeze003(f): 5:59am On Dec 21, 2011
mjb you're right! Who are we to judge, But what happened to our cultural values?
Re: Stop Showing So Much Flesh. Be Decent! by Princek12(m): 6:59am On Dec 21, 2011
advice to women:

even though this sounds elementary, some women still don't get it: you can show your curves and get attention from men without showing excessive flesh.

It is usually desperate women with no curves who feel they have to show excessive flesh to attract men.

It is always good to leave something to the imagination.

If you feel you have to expose all your flesh to get attention, then you are probably lacking somewhere and need to be delivered.
Re: Stop Showing So Much Flesh. Be Decent! by MissyB3(f): 10:58am On Dec 21, 2011
Blah-blah-blah!!!
Re: Stop Showing So Much Flesh. Be Decent! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:03am On Dec 21, 2011
@OP Please seat at home and cover your wife/girlfriend with a thick blanket from head2toe - stop threatening my only reason to go to shoprite okay angry this is your first warning angry
Re: Stop Showing So Much Flesh. Be Decent! by expert555: 11:08am On Dec 21, 2011
I bet they want to advertised themselves, how can they sell themsef with cloths please bring a more serious matter
Re: Stop Showing So Much Flesh. Be Decent! by DaDoctor: 11:09am On Dec 21, 2011
NAIRALAND!!

A PLACE WHERE IMMORALITY IS EXALTED BY A MAJORITY
A PLACE WHERE ONLY A MINUTE ARE SINCERE AND WOULD STAND FOR THE TRUTH.

@POSTER.
please preach it. If it were from the 'lips' of 190, they may have tot it as lies. But thansk God you are proving that ALL WHAT 190 HAS BEEN SAYING OF MOST NIGERIAN INDECENT LADIES STANDS VALID
Re: Stop Showing So Much Flesh. Be Decent! by purefella(m): 11:10am On Dec 21, 2011
The point is this when the possessor of something think what he owns is noffing anymore to have, He rubbish it and does it the way he likes , that's the way it is with all ladies or gals or married and unmarried that hundreds of guys has strapped out there something , why would they bother covering it?? tell me , nah you wey look wey come dey admire dem be fool
Re: Stop Showing So Much Flesh. Be Decent! by munaco: 11:11am On Dec 21, 2011
Picture please
Re: Stop Showing So Much Flesh. Be Decent! by kayrule: 11:14am On Dec 21, 2011
things are just upside down, and when they are raped, they press charges, body no be firewood now,
Re: Stop Showing So Much Flesh. Be Decent! by joannes7(m): 11:16am On Dec 21, 2011
THAT THING IS AN ISSUE OH!! NOT PRESSING, BUT AN ISSUE, PROMOTING IMMORALITY, AND ITS A BIG DISTRECTION!!
Re: Stop Showing So Much Flesh. Be Decent! by UyiIredia(m): 11:31am On Dec 21, 2011
I prefer girls conservative in their dressing. It is well-known that you can still look pretty without being 'indecent' however, I don't mind the flesh. It suits me either way.
Re: Stop Showing So Much Flesh. Be Decent! by stagger: 11:33am On Dec 21, 2011
OP,

the act of female nudity was not started by Jezebel and not attributable to Jezebel. Don't misquote the bible! Go and read the entire books of 1st and 2nd Kings as well as 1st and 2nd chronicles. If you see anywhere there is mention of that, please tell me. Jezebel was associated with wickedness, idol worship, manipulation and abuse of power.

The only people who should be held responsible for such behaviour, is parents. If we as parents teach our daughters to be responsible (and also teach the guys to keep their money in the family and stop spending it on chasing and enticing young girls), then we would not have female nudity around.

When we see 5 year old girls wearing mini-skirts and bum shorts, who is to blame, at a time when they are supposed to be under parental care?
Re: Stop Showing So Much Flesh. Be Decent! by ochukoccna: 11:36am On Dec 21, 2011
You know a harlot by the way she dresses.
I guess its just a pointer to the fact that many 9ja ladies are harlots in waiting.
A man looks at a well dressed lady&is attracted by her sexuality,how much more 1 that is dressed like a hooker?
Re: Stop Showing So Much Flesh. Be Decent! by Koolking(m): 11:50am On Dec 21, 2011
Desperation for money in order to outsmart & outclass (in their ignoramus believe) others turn some of our girls to love peddlers. They are ready to do anything to be the cynosure (basically negative) just for self-gratification.

Pathetic indeed. dressing send out the message about a person. it is quite easy to identify.
Re: Stop Showing So Much Flesh. Be Decent! by lwise(m): 11:58am On Dec 21, 2011
If a lady dress indecently,I see her as a cheap,worthless,attention seeker.I dont regard any lady who expose sensitive parts of her body.I see them as sex material only.
Re: Stop Showing So Much Flesh. Be Decent! by richy5(m): 12:05pm On Dec 21, 2011
mtschew,
Re: Stop Showing So Much Flesh. Be Decent! by ogbongzky(m): 12:11pm On Dec 21, 2011
munaco:

Picture please

Hahaha, abeg, i dey fast ooooo, lol
Re: Stop Showing So Much Flesh. Be Decent! by lucom: 12:19pm On Dec 21, 2011
Shit happens, these girls are everywhere may God have mercy.
Re: Stop Showing So Much Flesh. Be Decent! by adereal: 12:22pm On Dec 21, 2011
Dressing of ladies nowday is by civilization. undecided
Re: Stop Showing So Much Flesh. Be Decent! by ochiaha1(m): 12:25pm On Dec 21, 2011
I learnt that in some western Nations, a person can be arrested for indecent exposure. I think that law is needed in this country because some desparate women dress in very provocative ways to entice men, some even go to the extent of exposing their Australia (pantiless) in other to attract a guy's attention, without minding that little children are nearby. I witnessed this myself and am not lying at all.  angry angry angry

However, some of these ladies are to be pitied because some come from very troubled homes where nobody cares about their welfare and the only way they can attract attention is to  put on very scanty, revealing dresses. There was a certain lady friend of my sister, who attended my sister's wedding reception in a very, very short min-skirt with a navel-level top; you could imagine the stir she caused at the reception. Afterwards I made enquiries from my sister why the lady always choses to dress that way and she told me she asked the lady-in-mini skirt that question once, and she said her parents were divorced, her father is a very wealthy businessman (you need to see their house, magnificent !!!!) who junkets around the globe and does not have time for her and being an only child, she always feels lonely and worthless. Dressing provocatively, theefore, always draws attention to her and makes her feel good

The lady-in-the-very-very short mini-skirt above is now happily married and dresses responsibly; she was also quoted to have said that there is a time for everything as she can no longer wear those short mini-skirts because she has bulged bodily in many places now after giving birth to two children  smiley ; she also has to act as a true role-models to her children and so cannot dress that way anymore. This also shows that youthful exuberance could also be one factor why girls dress very scantily and that they will outgrow this with time.  cool
Re: Stop Showing So Much Flesh. Be Decent! by dastudent(m): 12:34pm On Dec 21, 2011
errrm!weren't we all naked at one time in history?
Re: Stop Showing So Much Flesh. Be Decent! by HISchild: 12:37pm On Dec 21, 2011
^^^ I believe the op is referring to the sinful problems, (i.e., danger to the scantily dressed women, ensuing lust and fornication, etc), that arise from this sort of attention seeking behavior, "For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.” - 1 Jn 2:16-17

-------
women, truly,
"Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised." - Pro_31:30

"Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price." - 1 Pet 3:3-4
Re: Stop Showing So Much Flesh. Be Decent! by lekyar(m): 12:39pm On Dec 21, 2011
It's very difficult to differentiate between harlots and non - harlots nowadays because they all dress indecently. It's an assualt on the sensibilty of any sane person.
Re: Stop Showing So Much Flesh. Be Decent! by Anderson121(m): 12:41pm On Dec 21, 2011
alot of u here are so disgustin,i wönder who ur parents were,or mayb u neva had any, wat hapend 2 decency n luk attractve? Ur words are as disgustn as a dirty pussy.u cud imagne dat.
Re: Stop Showing So Much Flesh. Be Decent! by sebastinta(m): 12:43pm On Dec 21, 2011
HISchild:

"Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price." - 1 Pet 3:3-4  

Tell em!!! most of u criticizing these girls r not beta off
Re: Stop Showing So Much Flesh. Be Decent! by freecocoa(f): 12:47pm On Dec 21, 2011
da student:

errrm!weren't we all Unclad at one time in history?
My brother help me ask o cos the noise is getting too much,in some parts of Africa women still walk about bare chested,so what's the fuss about?
Re: Stop Showing So Much Flesh. Be Decent! by DPsalmist2(m): 1:02pm On Dec 21, 2011
Bleep U gay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hairstyles At The Osun Osogbo Festival / Modelling-discussions :: high Fashion Models-Victorias Secret Models-! / No Bikinis For This Year’s Miss World Contestants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.