Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,214 members, 7,815,242 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year (11255 Views)

GEJ, Sambo, Okonjo-iweala And Other Ministers To Travel Abroad After May 29 / Jonathan, Sambo To Spend N4 Billion On Food, Travels In 2015 / GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Funkymallam(m): 6:45pm On Dec 20, 2011
This is terrible, what on earth are they eating?
But come to think of it, if the senate approves this, that means other occupants of aso rock have been having similar budget and approvals. This is generating much anger and so should it because it was made public.
Only God knws hw much is for funiture allowance(i wonder the need for that yearly, even d senate n house of assembly is guilty of this).
Medical allowances, wardrope allowance, leave allowance and so on.

@Gbawe. Sure, all stomach r equal but some are more equal than others, just as u also gather d crumbs frm BAT and BRF's table, only God knws hw large and tasty that is. (those that live in glass house dnt throw stones).
U have expertly evaded all d thread about d lekki toll brouhahahaha and we all know y.

@op. Dis country is really sick and really need urgent cleansening.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by ziccoit: 6:49pm On Dec 20, 2011
trae_z:

make una dey try use Una brain now. It's obvious that provision was also made for state dinners and the likes when the presidency hostes guest as is expected when people come to see their elected representatives.

I bet you don't know the value of 'brain' you are asking people to apply. Masses should suffer so that Nigeria would not collapse while politicians and their friends feed fat.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by elrony(m): 6:51pm On Dec 20, 2011
mehn make i enter GEJ bandwagon o,,"all man 4 himself" grin grin grin
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Nellyd(f): 6:53pm On Dec 20, 2011
This is unbeliveable. What? Is this a cause or what? Oga GEJ,look into d future ooooo.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by EvilBrain1(m): 7:03pm On Dec 20, 2011
Mr. President is actually doing the right thing by removing the subsidy instead of cutting wasteful spending. You see, when the subsidy goes, the prices of food and other essentials will shoot up, and many of the poorest Nigerians will starve to death thus pushing our per capita income up.

If he reduces government spending, then the poiticians, contractors and other government hangers-on will make far less money, pushing our per capita income down. Perhaps Mr. President should invest whats left of the subsidy savings in bullets and Nazi style gas chambers to eliminate the poor faster and more humanely, while at the same time boosting the economy. This will also solve the housing problem in our major cities.

We need radical new ideas to move Nigeria forwards.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Rhino5dm: 7:06pm On Dec 20, 2011
This budget was prepared by Yar Adua, so all you ignorants criticizing GEJ should have rethink. Besides, Aso Rock is a community. Infact, that amount is too small for Nigerian president. How much Obama dey chop/day? How much be common 1 billion wey people dey cry for? Wretched Nigerians!!
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by rebranded(m): 7:19pm On Dec 20, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

This budget was prepared by Yar Adua, so all you ignorants criticizing GEJ should have rethink. Besides, Aso Rock is a community. Infact, that amount is too small for Nigerian president. How much Obama dey chop/day? How much be common 1 billion wey people dey cry for? Wretched Nigerians!!

Shut up! thats about 2.7million a day that is ridiculous. . what are they eating even if its 10 cows a day. .You cant compare America to Nigeria, at least the poor still get food stamps, we have millions of people starving here barely able to get 2 square meals and you justify this wastefulness
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by elrony(m): 7:23pm On Dec 20, 2011
Evil Brain:

Mr. President is actually doing the right thing by removing the subsidy instead of cutting wasteful spending. You see, when the subsidy goes, the prices of food and other essentials will shoot up, and many of the poorest Nigerians will starve to death thus pushing our per capita income up.

If he reduces government spending, then the poiticians, contractors and other government hangers-on will make far less money, pushing our per capita income down. Perhaps Mr. President should invest whats left of the subsidy savings in bullets and Nazi style gas chambers to eliminate the poor faster and more humanely, while at the same time boosting the economy. This will also solve the housing problem in our major cities.

We need radical new ideas to move Nigeria forwards.

i like ur 'crack' influenced ideology,
cheesy grin
anywais it aint all GEJ,the legislative chamber have a hand in dis if it's been approved sha!!!
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by VoodooDoll(m): 7:24pm On Dec 20, 2011
I believe Rhino is being sarcastic.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Gbawe: 7:25pm On Dec 20, 2011
rebranded:

Shut up! thats about 2.7million a day that is ridiculous. . what are they eating even if its 10 cows a day. .You cant compare America to Nigeria, at least the poor still get food stamps, we have millions of people starving here barely able to get 2 square meals and you justify this wastefulness

My guy, Rhino.5dm is just using sarcasm to mock GEJ. The guy dislikes GEJ probably more than any other nairalander !!!
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by EvilBrain1(m): 7:26pm On Dec 20, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Guy, seriously, are you rètarded? Are you aware that Jonathan has been head of state for nearly 2 years now? Did Yar'Adua prepare this budget in the grave?

And WTF do you mean "how much be common 1 billion"? Are you not aware that Jonathan used lack of funds to justify something that will make life far harder for the vast majority of Nigerians next year?do you know what 1 billion will do if spent on something, anything sensible? Do you know how many Nigerian children die every year form lack of N200 antimalarials?

Also, do you think that food is the only inflated item on the budget? And WTF does Obama have to do with anything? If Obama started eating shît, would you tell Jonathan to start doing it too?

Your post suggests a level of rètardation that is simply impossible for one human to possess so I have to conclude that you think this way because you are a beneficiary of government corruption.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by ziccoit: 7:28pm On Dec 20, 2011
@Rhino.dm3 pls can you give 24hr recall of your food intake.
Aso is a community populated by Nigerians. Yes
Must all people in Aso be fed by Nigeria
 Tax payers? No
Are all the people in Aso  elected by Nigerians? No
Are the two elected ones and their numerous aids not collecting monthly bogus salaries and allowances? Yes
Can they feed from their pocket? Yes

Now what are we saying?
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by aljharem3: 7:28pm On Dec 20, 2011
VoodooDoll:

I believe Rhino is being sarcastic.

I really hope so sad

Funkymallam:

But come to think of it, if the senate approves this, that means other occupants of aso rock have been having similar budget and approvals. This is generating much anger and so should it because it was made public.
Only God knws hw much is for funiture allowance(i wonder the need for that yearly, even d senate n house of assembly is guilty of this).

@Gbawe. Sure, all stomach r equal but some are more equal than others, just as u also gather d crumbs frm BAT and BRF's table, only God knws hw large and tasty that is. (those that live in glass house dnt throw stones).
U have expertly evaded all d thread about d lekki toll brouhahahaha and we all know y.

grin grin grin grin grin

To be honest, I don't understand why everyone is blaming GEJ for this.

This sort of spending on food started from Abacha era down to OBJ etc

GEJ is just following their footsteps.

The only reason why I am a bit upset about this is because of the removal of subsidy which was meant to save the country money. That is all

If GEJ spends more, na him wahala be that
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by EvilBrain1(m): 7:31pm On Dec 20, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Sarcasm fail.

I actually typed out a realy nasty reply to this before I realized that no one could possible be this rètarded so it mast have been sarcasm. I hope I pressed Esc on time.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by aljharem3: 7:32pm On Dec 20, 2011
Evil Brain:

Guy, seriously, are you rètarded? Are you aware that Jonathan has been head of state for nearly 2 years now? Did Yar'Adua prepare this budget in the grave?

And WTF do you mean "how much be common 1 billion"? Are you not aware that Jonathan used lack of funds to justify something that will make life far harder for the vast majority of Nigerians next year?do you know what 1 billion will do if spent on something, anything sensible? Do you know how many Nigerian children die every year form lack of N200 antimalarials?

Also, do you think that food is the only inflated item on the budget? And WTF does Obama have to do with anything? If Obama started eating shît, would you tell Jonathan to start doing it too?

Your post suggests a level of rètardation that is simply impossible for one human to possess so I have to conclude that you think this way because you are a beneficiary of government corruption.

It did not start from GEJ, it started way back before democracy and continued to OBJ, and co
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Gbawe: 7:37pm On Dec 20, 2011
alj_harem:

The only reason why I am a bit upset about this is because of the removal of subsidy which was meant to save the country money. That is all

Alhaji, what you must understand is that outstanding leaders are the ones who birth reform and change[b] that brings evolution, advancement and progress[/b]. Outstanding leaders, born to lead, always eschew deleterious practices of the past or do things appropriate to the conditions of the day. We saw David Cameron deciding to fly on commercial flights because Britons, his people, were feeling the effects of the credit crunch.

A reforming President will understand the concept of self-sacrifice and cost-cutting- especially applied to a Nation being ruined by wanton profligacy and sheer wastefulness. Jonathan should routinely move away from the wasteful practices of the Politicians before him because those guys are the last dinosaurs from a world that is fast becoming extinct. I.e the world in which a few folks, undeservingly award so much to themselves while others, equally entitled to the common source of wealth, get nothing.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by jensinmi(m): 7:40pm On Dec 20, 2011
What are people shouting about? This one na small thing.  grin grin grin grin

Please tell us the figures that Nigeria will spend on buying petrol for GEJ, Sambo, and Patience's motorcades/ convoys next year.

Let us see if they will not adjust the price from N65 to N140 or so.

They will probably buy the same quantity or more of petrol as 2011.

Funny how we will subsidize Mr. Fresh Air's transportation in 2011. angry angry angry
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by ziccoit: 7:40pm On Dec 20, 2011
@alj_harem. That is why GEJ will never be a ' fresh air' as believed in some quarters. GEJ even appears worse.
Must he maintain a dangerous way of life he inherited from his predecessors? No
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by EvilBrain1(m): 7:43pm On Dec 20, 2011
alj_harem:

So if OBJ had killed and eaten a baby every year, it would be okay by you if Jonathan followed in his footsteps? You think Jonathan would have no choice but to eat babies if his predecessors also did it?

You are using nursery school logic to defend the indefensible. Just because Chinedu sucks his thumb doesn't make it okay for you to do it.

This kind of waste is simply wrong. It is especially reprehensible when you consider the austerity measures that the very same same budget implements for the majority of Nigerians who are already struggling to stay above water. There is no excuse.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Gbawe: 7:46pm On Dec 20, 2011
ziccoit:

@alj_harem. That is why GEJ will never be a ' fresh air' as believed in some quarters. GEJ even appears worse.

This is it. Did we all not see how Sankara was appalled that African leaders , when the people virtually had nothing, needed so much luxury? Indeed Sankara went on to lead by example. Unluckily, all Nigeria ever seems to be lumbered with are greedy men who practice callous and inappropriate materialism as if it is going out of fashion.

http://www.newint.org/features/1995/06/05/lionking/

An incorruptible man

A major anti-corruption drive began in 1987. The tribunal showed Captain Thomas Sankara to have a salary of only $450 a month and his most valuable possessions to be a car, four bikes, three guitars, a fridge and a broken freezer. He was the world’s poorest president.

[size=14pt] Sankara refused to use the air conditioning in his office on the grounds that such luxury was not available to anyone but a handful of Burkinabes.[/size]

When asked why he had let it be known that he did not want his portrait hung in public places, as is the norm for other African leaders (and as Blaise Compaoré does now), Sankara said ‘There are seven million Thomas Sankaras’.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by aljharem3: 7:47pm On Dec 20, 2011
Gbawe:

Alhaji, what you must understand is that outstanding leaders are the ones who birth reform and change[b] that brings evolution, advancement and progress[/b]. Outstanding leaders, born to lead, always eschew deleterious practices of the past or do things appropriate to the conditions of the day. We saw David Cameron deciding to fly on commercial flights because Britons, his people, were feeling the effects of the credit crunch.

A reforming President will understand the concept of self-sacrifice and cost-cutting- especially applied to a Nation being ruined by wanton profligacy and sheer wastefulness. Jonathan should routinely move away from the wasteful practices of the Politicians before him because those guys are the last dinosaurs from a world that is fast becoming extinct. I.e the world in which a few folks, undeservingly award so much to themselves while others, equally entitled to the common source of wealth, get nothing.

I prefectly understand egbon mi, I expect him to have left that life with like of OBJ and co but since he has decided not to, then I cannot say GEJ started it.

I blame him but I just wanted to point out that it did not start from GEJ.

All I that I am angry at now is the removal of subsidy to save some money for development when he spending 1 billion Naira on food every year. that is all.

ziccoit:

GEJ is NO FRESH AIR. I knew that since !!!!!

No fresh air can come from PDP. I know because I am a PDP member. No way fresh air would come from PDP or at least not in this life time.

True, He must not but I would not pour all the blame on him. Their are some people also becoming billionairs through little projects as "Presidential food". That is Nigeria for you.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Rad1cal: 7:48pm On Dec 20, 2011
Funkymallam:

cool
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by aljharem3: 7:50pm On Dec 20, 2011
Evil Brain:

So if OBJ had killed and eaten a baby every year, it would be okay by you if Jonathan followed in his footsteps? You think Jonathan would have no choice but to eat babies if his predecessors also did it?

You are using nursery school logic to defend the indefensible. Just because Chinedu sucks his thumb doesn't make it okay for you to do it.

This kind of waste is simply wrong. It is especially reprehensible when you consider the austerity measures that the very same same budget implements for the majority of Nigerians who are already struggling to stay above water. There is no excuse.

Correct sir, it is wrong but saying it as if he started it and blaming him for everything is also wrong.

He is also feeding some people as well. People in the food industry in Nigeria would gain millions from this as well.

This takes me back to fuel subsidy. grin
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by sunboy(m): 7:54pm On Dec 20, 2011
Na the same food go kill dem oloriburuku people! With 1billion I can build a standard mini estate, and rely on for the rest of my life. Na hin dis oloshis dey take eat jes food in 1 year. I swear, your generations would suffer multitudes of what pain an average Nigerian go through daily. If you do not rip this, your generations would!!!
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Rhino5dm: 7:55pm On Dec 20, 2011
Evil Brain:

Sarcasm fail.

I actually typed out a realy nasty reply to this before I realized that no one could possible be this rètarded so it mast have been sarcasm. I hope I pressed Esc on time.

cool
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by dayokanu(m): 7:57pm On Dec 20, 2011
Fresh airrr
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Gbawe: 8:02pm On Dec 20, 2011
alj_harem:

Correct sir, it is wrong but saying it as if he started it and blaming him for everything is also wrong.

He is also feeding some people as well. People in the food industry in Nigeria would gain millions from this as well.

Alhaji, what many must understand is that ordinary Nigerians went out of their way to gamble on GEJ because they believed he was different. If you listened to many comments before the election, you will note that Nigerians were uniformly saying GEJ is a "departure" from the past. He had no shoes and, ostensibly, was like ordinary Nigerians. "Fresh air" was thus coined. What a scam.

When his actual practices and policies have not demonstrated this "departure from the past" do you not expect folks to be bitterly disappointed and especially scathing in their condemnation? It is like being duped. You feel really cheap and silly. I am betting that is how many Nigerians feel right now and this is why criticism of GEJ is non-stop. Nigerians naively believed in this man, even when they had no reason to, in an almost childlike and biblical manner. They posited his "divine" rise to the top meant he must be voted for by all means against the "demons". Now they only have a worsening nation to show for their childish abandonment of critical and pragmatic decision making.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by aljharem3: 8:14pm On Dec 20, 2011
Gbawe:

Alhaji, what many must understand is that ordinary Nigerians went out of their way to gamble on GEJ because they believed he was different. If you listened to many comments before the election, you will note that Nigerians were uniformly saying GEJ is a "departure" from the past. "Fresh air" was thus coined.

When his actual practices and policies have not demonstrated this "departure from the past" do you not expect folks to be bitterly disappointed and especially scathing in their condemnation? It is like being duped. You feel really cheap and silly. I am betting that is how many Nigerians feel right now and this is why criticism of GEJ is non-stop. Nigerians naively believed in this man, even when they had no reason to, in an almost childlike and biblical manner. They posited his "divine" rise to the top meant he must be voted for by all means against the "demons". Now they only have a worsening nation to show for their childish abandonment of critical and pragmatic decision making.

ah egbon gbawe. I understand perfectly what you mean. although I myself, as a gullible Nigerian I rather give him more time although he has spent 2 years, but I still believe we should give him more time until 2015 so they would not persecute una die. grin grin grin grin
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Funkymallam(m): 8:21pm On Dec 20, 2011
alj_harem:

Correct aboki na, the thing here is that this is the first time the amount is being made public, if other allowances are also publicized, there will b an evolution-like uproar.
Its this department 'presidential food' that made Sen. Dr. Andy Uba what he is today, remember, he was the SA to OBJ on domestic matters.
If u knw hw many ppl feed fat frm dat 'contract' and u better be gud to dem, rather than joke with what u eat.
Still not making up xcuses for dem, they need to start reforming from there, i think there are ppl that need to leave tha 'food department'.
Do the rigth thing Oga Jona!
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Gbawe: 8:25pm On Dec 20, 2011
alj_harem:

ah egbon gbawe. I understand perfectly what you mean. although I myself, as a gullible Nigerian I rather give him more time although he has spent 2 years, but I still believe we should give him more time until 2015 so they would not persecute una die. grin grin grin grin

My brother, na so OOO. I can imagine the usual suspect thinking to themselves: "these evil Yorobu folks are at it again. When OBJ was enjoying the same food in Aso Rock they did not complain".   grin grin grin grin
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by aljharem3: 8:28pm On Dec 20, 2011
Funkymallam:

Correct aboki na, the thing here is that this is the first time the amount is being made public, if other allowances are also publicized, there will b an evolution-like uproar.
Its this department 'presidential food' that made Sen. Dr. Andy Uba what he is today, remember, he was the SA to OBJ on domestic matters.
If u knw hw many ppl feed fat frm dat 'contract' and u better be gud to dem, rather than joke with what u eat.
Still not making up xcuses for dem, they need to start reforming from there, i think there are ppl that need to leave tha 'food department'.
Do the rigth thing Oga Jona!

Of course Jona knows what is right and what is wrong. If he chooses to ignore the right thing, na him business be that. After all he has nothing to lose other than people screaming on the internet.

All I just want him to do is build us refineries (at least 4 + 1 big one in Niger delta)  so development can start and we would not need to be paying subsidy.

People are angry because he was talking of saving money by removing subsidy and yet still spending 1 billion on food. But all would be fine if that is the only achievement his administration can achieve.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by aljharem3: 8:32pm On Dec 20, 2011
Gbawe:

My brother, na so OOO. I can imagine the usual suspect thinking to themselves: "these evil Yorobu folks are at it again. When OBJ was enjoying the same food in Aso Rock they did not complain".   grin grin grin grin

gba beee!!! you get am same was done to the north. rather lets show some more support for his government. At the end of the day, we are all in the same boat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners / 'fuel Scarcity Is Apc's Christmas Gift To Nigerians' - PDP / Chidi Odinkalu & Ayisha Osori: “Too Good To Die: Third Term & The Myth Of The

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.