Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year (11254 Views)

GEJ, Sambo, Okonjo-iweala And Other Ministers To Travel Abroad After May 29 / Jonathan, Sambo To Spend N4 Billion On Food, Travels In 2015 / GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by dplordx(m): 5:40pm On Dec 21, 2011
Shame on Nigerian Youths for voting in the most useless and greediest modafuka into power.
Beaf, tell his a$$hole not to come down to Malaysia or Indonesia. I swear, I will do all I can to stone the shyt out of him. Especially that his pig wife angry angry angry angry
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Beaf: 5:49pm On Dec 21, 2011
dplordx:

Shame on Nigerian Youths for voting in the most useless and greediest modafuka into power.
Beaf, tell his a$$hole not to come down to Malaysia or Indonesia. I swear, I will do all I can to stone the shyt out of him. Especially that his pig wife angry angry angry angry

My guy, I haven't even contributed to this thread and you de call my name? Wetin na?
Bros, if you wan stone Oga Jona moto for Indonesia, baf ya sef well first. Because dia law for deh na sharia.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Rad1cal: 5:50pm On Dec 21, 2011
Gbawe:

This is what it boils down to for you e-b.i.tches is it not? I.e the chance to work off frustration through worthless e-fights like fish wives? Why don't you run along and find others to engage in your boring senselessness?

Another record breaker for keeping it simple. murrafucker keep this up .
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by crowaddy(m): 6:07pm On Dec 21, 2011
Load  of   crap  comments   arising  from  ignorance   here( Maybe  the   country  is  full of  too  many  hungry   people  hence distorted  mode of  reasoning).

First  of  all the   headline   is  quite   deceptive  and   quite  misleading.

The  N992 Million  i guess  is a   budget  for  the  Presidency. The  presidency (or  office  of  the  president/ Vice President ) is      bigger  than  GoodLuck  or  Sambo  or   whosoever   occupies    the  position  of  President/Vice President.

If  it  is  argued  that   the  aforementioned  amount  is  for  feeding  at  Aso  Villa  then  we  must  understand that Hundreds if  not  a thousand plus  people  live  and  work  at   the  villa- Civil  Servants, Security personnel etc.

You  must  add  that  the   president and   his   designated  aids  also    get  visits  on soci0-economic  and  political  consultations   that are   both  local   and  international   in  nature etc.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Kobojunkie: 6:12pm On Dec 21, 2011
crowaddy:

If  it  is  argued  that   the  aforementioned  amount  is  for  feeding  at  Aso  Villa  then  we  must  understand that Hundreds if  not  a thousand plus  people  live  and  work  at   the  villa- Civil  Servants, Security personnel etc.

You  must  add  that  the   president and   his   designated  aids  also    get  visits  on soci0-economic  and  political  consultations   that are   both  local   and  international   in  nature etc.

What if it is argued that the aforementioned amount is [b]not [/b]for feeding at Aso Villa and that there are [b]not [/b]hundreds or thousand plus people who live and work that that need to be fed from this? Or does this grand excuse of yours only apply if we PRETEND that the money is to feed everyone who lives in aso villa, even after their salaries are paid and all?

This is the same President about to send the lives of millions to hell by removing subsidy, thereby casting them into a life of lack for I don't know how long( rise in fuel -> rise in cost of commodities -> rise in cost of food and probably cost of living overall), why are you quick to provide for him an excuse for this excess when this man is calling for Nigerians to bear a burden he does not seem willing to bear with them?
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by PointB: 6:21pm On Dec 21, 2011
Hmm, I don't have an idea how many people work in or visit Aso Rock; but clearly that figure is mind-bogling! More information and breakdown is clearly needed. The good news is that the budget is yet to be approved. I bet the legislative will of course perform the necessary oversight function.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by PointB: 6:21pm On Dec 21, 2011
Hmm, I don't have an idea how many people work in or visit Aso Rock; but clearly that figure is mind-bogling! More information and breakdown is clearly needed. The good news is that the budget is yet to be approved. I bet the legislative will of course perform the necessary oversight function.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 21, 2011
how much of that feeding will be the much touted cassava bread?
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Kobojunkie: 6:25pm On Dec 21, 2011
How many Nigerians will be able to afford even Cassava Bread when fuel prices double in the next coming weeks or months after fuel subsidy is removed by this same President?
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Beaf: 6:25pm On Dec 21, 2011
crowaddy:

Load  of   crap  comments   arising  from  ignorance   here( Maybe  the   country  is  full of  too  many  hungry   people  hence distorted  mode of  reasoning).

First  of  all the   headline   is  quite   deceptive  and   quite  misleading.

The  N992 Million  i guess  is a   budget  for  the  Presidency. The  presidency (or  office  of  the  president/ Vice President ) is      bigger  than  GoodLuck  or  Sambo  or   whosoever   occupies    the  position  of  President/Vice President.

Thanks for your thoughtful post, it was quite refreshing to read after wading through various tomes of real drivel by the usual crew.

Dude, sometimes its best not to even engage in topics like this one. Because it makes you wonder if something is wrong with the next person to make them reason sentimentally rather than logically.
The greatest thing missing in our primary and secondary school curricula is Critical Thinking.

@Rad1cal
I do not envy the job you are doing, but you are doing it with clinical efficiency. Keep it up, sir; it is our duty to teach, teach and patiently teach the rocks and stones amongst us and those who write full novels to nowhere, just to make a hypocritical point.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by auwal87(m): 6:26pm On Dec 21, 2011
63. Allocations to some critical sectors of the economy are
as follows:  
Security  - N921.91 billion;
Power [including Bulk Trader, Nelmco, and Multi-Year Tariff Order (MYTO)]  -N161.42 billion;
Works  - N180.8 billion;
Education [excluding Universal  Basic Education  Commission, Petroleum Technology Development Trust Fund (PTDF)  & Education  Trust Fund] - N400.15 billion;
Health - N282.77 billion;
Agriculture & Rural Development  - N78.98 billion.
Water Resources - N39 billion;
Petroleum Resources – N59.66 billion;
Aviation - N49.23 billion;
Transport - N54.83 billion;
Lands & Housing - N26.49 billion;
Science & Technology  - N30.84 billion;
Niger Delta  - N59.72 billion;
Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) - N45.57 billion;
Communications Technology  - N18.31 billion;

FULL BUDGET HERE >>> [url]http://www.budgetoffice.gov.ng/2011_budget/2012_Budget_Speech_by_the_President[1].pdf[/url]
Go to page 21
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Reference(m): 6:28pm On Dec 21, 2011
I think this is where we get it wrong. This is not a party thing. It is a Nigerian thing. It is our culture. I say it again there is no governor that looks any different from the other when it comes to profligacy whether PDP, ACN, CPC, ANPP or APGA. They all drive convoys of expensive SUV's, they all have a hoard of expensive advisers and assistants. They all have massive clandestine security votes. Their commissioners of finance all attend the same quarterly allocation meetings so they know what each other does. I'm sure if you work out their recurrent expenses it will probably proportion out exactly. All governors borrow massively and all raise revenue by taxes, tolls, subsidy removals, etc where they can to fuel their in satiable desires.

That's why I don't corner myself into individuals or parties because they all sing from the same hymn sheet. The best you will get is grey still a shade of black.

Is Tinubu not still riding his armoured G500 or has it been upgraded. Was it not Idiagbon that rode in the first mercedes benz limousine I had seen in my life when as a kid I waited endlessly outside the gate to tell my angry dad when the road open landrover will pass. Was it not IBB's S500 cracking the pavement when he came to the company to wish his friends goodbye as he stepped down.

Government in Nigeria is a continum. What GEJ has done is alarming and condemnable when you seek sacrifices but him, his vice, senators, legislators, governors and chairmen all do it in the proportions they have available. They are all profligate. Name them. Now choose who to vote for.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by auwal87(m): 6:43pm On Dec 21, 2011
Nigeria Security Budget - N921.91 billion ($5.64 billion)

US Security Budget - $1.415 trillion (N231.225 trillion) this is Nigeria's overall budget for 40 years!!!
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 21, 2011

fresh air 2011!!!!

all stomach's are equal, but gej's stomach is more equal than others
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 21, 2011
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/576028_BIRTHDAY-2-CUTTING_jpga64565cd8604ab342196016f71622200[/img]

while y'all fresh air suckers get thinner the johnathans are gonna get fatter

enjoy the 'temporary' austerity
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Gbawe: 6:53pm On Dec 21, 2011
Reference:

I think this is where we get it wrong. This is not a party thing. It is a Nigerian thing. It is our culture. I say it again there is no governor that looks any different from the other when it comes to profligacy whether PDP, ACN, CPC, ANPP or APGA. They all drive convoys of expensive SUV's, they all have a hoard of expensive advisers and assistants. They all have massive clandestine security votes. Their commissioners of finance all attend the same quarterly allocation meetings so they know what each other does. I'm sure if you work out their recurrent expenses it will probably proportion out exactly. All governors borrow massively and all raise revenue by taxes, tolls, subsidy removals, etc where they can to fuel their in satiable desires.

That's why I don't corner myself into individuals or parties because they all sing from the same hymn sheet. The best you will get is grey still a shade of black.

Is Tinubu not still riding his armoured G500 or has it been upgraded. Was it not Idiagbon that rode in the first mercedes benz limousine I had seen in my life when as a kid I waited endlessly outside the gate to tell my angry dad when the road open landrover will pass. Was it not IBB's S500 cracking the pavement when he came to the company to wish his friends goodbye as he stepped down.

Government in Nigeria is a continum. What GEJ has done is alarming and condemnable when you seek sacrifices but him, his vice, senators, legislators, governors and chairmen all do it in the proportions they have available. They are all profligate. Name them. Now choose who to vote for.

Not true at all. It is just a shame that Nigerians never study the real statistics that should make it very obvious that some Parties are miles ahead of others. Look at the Budget Ajimobi presents and note recurrent spending (45.3%) and capital spending (54.7%) . Now compare that to what obtained only last year under Alao Akala and the PDP i.e 76.4% for recurrent expenditure and 23.6% for capital spending.

It is a shame we continue to obsess over what does not matter in Nigeria because if we inspect the educational figures that ordinarily informs decision making then it is obvious the PDP is , by far, the wort Party in Nigeria. "Leaner Government" is never possible under PDP leaders and recurrent expenditure never goes down appreciably. It is the lies we tell ourselves, without inspecting real statistics, that keep many Nigerians uninformed.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5749793-146/ajimobi_presents_n160.6b_2012_budget_to.csp

Ajimobi presents N160.6b 2012 budget to Oyo Assembly

December 21, 2011 02:53PM
Print print Email email Share Share

Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State on Tuesday presented a N160.6 billion budget proposal to the state House of Assembly for the 2012 fiscal year.

Tagged ``Budget of Restoration'', the appropriation bill, representing an increase of 8.4 per cent over the 2011 budget, has N72.7 billion which represents 45.3 per cent as recurrent expenditure and N87.9 billion representing 54.7 per cent as capital expenditure.

The governor, at the ceremony witnessed by party leaders, traditional rulers, top government officials and other stakeholders, said the budget was a significant improvement over 76.4 per cent and 23.6 per cent of recurrent and capital expenditure respectively for 2011.

According to him, the 2012 revenue estimate of N110 billion is a decrease of 32.4 per cent compared with the N163 billion approved in the 2011 estimates, stressing that this was meant to truncate the culture of bloated, unrealistic and unrealizable revenue projections that had been the hallmark of the state's fiscal operations as noted earlier.

``Our analyses of budget performance in recent years have shown that the performance is low, this poor performance is acerbated by low spending on capital expenditure.

``No state that focuses on consumptive item can grow, which explains our undesirable state of affairs, which this administration inherited. If we want to break the vicious cycle of under-development, we have to take the bull by the horns to focus on capital expenditure that will be able to secure development that we are all craving for,'' he said.

Gov. Ajimobi further disclosed that his administration's strategy would be to increase the internally-generated revenue penetration by extending the tax net to those who were hitherto outside the net.

While stating that his government would soon request for legislative muscle from the Assembly on taxation and other sundry regulatory issues which were due for review, he also stressed the need to raise bond from the capital market, public-private sector participation (PPP) and other financing options to cover the financing of the N50.16 billion deficit.

The governor particularly said that the proposed bond issue would be used to finance specific flagship projects as well as some critical sectors, all of which would facilitate significant growth of the state's economy, adding that a large proportion of the beneficiary projects would be self-financing.

He highlighted the priority sectors to include economy (49 per cent); social services (20.9 per cent); general administration (16.66 per cent) and regional development (13.1 per cent), pointing out that the heavy percentage of 70.39 of the total budget allocated to the economic and social services sectors underscored his administration's determination to pursue a people-centered, employment-driven economic agenda.

In her remarks, the Speaker of the Assembly, Mrs. Monsurat Sunmonu, lauded the restoration agenda of the Ajimobi administration, pledging that the lawmakers would provide all necessary legal framework to ensure the successful execution of the programmes.

Although Sen. Ajimobi said that the outgoing year posed several challenges to his administration, he, however, added that it had provided a rallying point for purposeful partnership among the executive, legislature and the people of the state.

``We will support Your Excellency to fast-track the reposition of this state for maximum positive impact on our people,'' she assured, urging the executive arm to address the power problem by going into public-private partnership arrangement in power generation.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 21, 2011

all hail goodmeal johnathan
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by aribisala0(m): 6:58pm On Dec 21, 2011
i must say jona has come a long way from the days when he had no shoes
look at that photo
as Tupac would say

"picture me rollin"
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Kobojunkie: 6:59pm On Dec 21, 2011
Reference:

I think this is where we get it wrong. [b][size=13pt]This is not a party thing. It is a Nigerian thing. It is our culture. I say it again there is no governor that looks any different from the other when it comes to profligacy whether PDP, ACN, CPC, ANPP or APGA. [/size][/b]They all drive convoys of expensive SUV's, they all have a hoard of expensive advisers and assistants. They all have massive clandestine security votes. Their commissioners of finance all attend the same quarterly allocation meetings so they know what each other does. I'm sure if you work out their recurrent expenses it will probably proportion out exactly. All governors borrow massively and all raise revenue by taxes, tolls, subsidy removals, etc where they can to fuel their in satiable desires.

Abi oo!!!!
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 21, 2011
aribisala0:

look at that photo
as Tupac would say

"picture me rollin"

i think you mean picture me piggin out' cheesy cheesy cheesy

you want to picture gej rolling, check him out on the 280million naira armored car thread cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by dayokanu(m): 7:31pm On Dec 21, 2011
1billion for cassava bread if to say na wheat bread you wan buy nko?
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 21, 2011
dayokanu:

1billion for cassava bread if to say na wheat bread you wan buy nko?
na wheat the man dey chop and imported rice - maybe thats why budget go high

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/32738-2012-budget-rice-bread-beer-to-cost-more-as-jonathan-presents-n4749trn-budget-proposal-fg-increases-tariffs-on-wheat-rice-deregulates-petroleum-sector-gives-special-concession-to-agriculture

PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan, on Tuesday, unveiled the 2012 budget of the federation, putting the annual estimates at N4.749 trillion.

The president, who also re-stated government’s intention to liberalise the downstream petroleum sector, and rejuvenate the agriculture sector so as to create jobs for Nigerians, announced that wheat flour and rice importation would attract 65 per cent and 30 per cent levies respectively.

A direct effect of the fiscal policies announced by the president indicates a likely increase in the price of bread and imported rice, two major staple food items in Nigeria. The price of beer and malt drinks may also be affected by the new policies.

The president, while presenting the 2012 budget to the joint sitting of the National Assembly unfolded an economic plan targetting a total removal of concession or waiver on import duty on rice and wheat.

According to President Jonathan: “From July 1, 2012, wheat flour will attract a levy of 65 per cent to bring the effective duty to 100 per cent, while wheat grain will attract a 15 per cent levy which will bring the effective duty to 20 per cent.

"Similarly, there will be a levy of 25 per cent on brown rice to bring it to 30 per cent. In addition, to encourage domestic rice production, a levy of 40 per cent will be placed on imported polished rice leading to an effective duty rate of 50 per cent. Effective December 31, 2012 all rice millers should move towards domestic production and milling of rice, as the levy of 50 per cent will be further raised to 100 per cent. Let me add here that no waivers or concessions will be entertained for rice and wheat importation,” the president disclosed.

If the budget is implemented, it means a bag of rice, which sells at N8,000 today may, next year go for about N16,000 in the market, while the price of bread, beer and malt drinks may similarly hit the roof top.

While noting that the budget might not represent an end in itself but a tool for creation of wealth, the president also said the government would use trade and tariff in the 2012 budget as an instrument of industrialisation, hence his decision to ensure that machinery for agricultural production, especially for local production of wheat and cassava attracts zero per cent duty.

Though the president was silent on the commonly used term ‘deregulation’, he clearly stated the decision of his administration to ensure some reforms in the different sectors, including the downstream petroleum sector. He added that the liberalisation policy would flow from the power sector, which would benefit from the privatisation agenda that ruled the telecommunications sector in the past.

He said: “We believe that the power sector can benefit from liberalisation and privatisation by attracting investors in the same manner as the telecommunications sector has done. In the same vein, government will come up with policies to encourage investment in the downstream sector through liberalisation so as to create jobs for our people.”

According to the president, the 2012 budget is based on key assumption including a daily crude oil production capacity of 2.48 million barrels per day, crude oil benchmark of US$70 per barrel and a foreign exchange rate of N155 to one US dollar.

He also stated that the government was projecting a GDP growth rate of 7.2 per cent; while inflation rate is projected at 9.5 per cent. Out of the N4.749 trillion budget for the 2012 fiscal year, the sum of N2.472 trillion is assigned to recurrent (non-debt) expenditure, while N1.32 trillion is assigned to capital votes. Debt servicing is expected to gulp N560 billion

The president stated that there was an aggregate increase in the capital expenditure proposed for the 2012 fiscal year, adding that the N1.32 trillion expenditure represents 28 per cent of the total budget, as opposed to 26 per cent recorded in the 2011 budget.

He also stated that the 2012 budget of N4.749 trillion amounted to a modest increase of six per cent over the N4.484 trillion appropriated for 2011.

He stated that the government intended to build on a progressive reduction in the capital expenditure and take it to 33 per cent by 2015.

The sectoral allocations, as released by the president, show that Defence takes the lion’s share of the budget, with the allocation of N921.91 billion. It is followed by the education sector, which has an allocation of N400.15 billion. This, however, excludes statutory allocations to the Universal Basic Education Commission; Petroleum Technology Development Trust Fund (PTDF) and Education Trust Fund.

Other sectoral allocations as presented by President Jonathan on Tuesday include Health Sector, expected to gulp N282.77 billion; Power, N161.42 billion; Works, N180.8 billion; Agriculture and Rural Development, N78.98 billion; Water Resources, N39 billion; Petroleum Resources N59.66 billion; Aviation, N49.23 billion; Transport, N54.83 billion; Lands and Housing, N26.49 billion; Science and Technology, N30.84 billion.

Niger Delta - N59.72 billion; Federal Capital Territory Administration N45.57 billion and Communications Technology N18.31 billion.

As part of the governments strategic policy to boost local production of rice and cassava, Jonathan stated that the government would increase import duties on imported rice , while machinery in the agriculture sector, aimed at increasing local production will attract zero import duty.

The president said: “We are introducing further fiscal policy measures to support the development of the agricultural sector. In this respect, the duty on machinery and certain specified equipment for the sector will, effective January 31st 2012, attract zero duty. We will further look at supportive fiscal policies for the rice and wheat sectors to stimulate domestic production.

“Government is also introducing policies to encourage the substitution of high quality cassava flour for wheat flour in bread-baking.

Bakeries will have 18 months in which to make the transition, and will enjoy a corporate tax incentive of 12 per cent rebate if they attain 40 per cent blending

fresh hunger pangs 2012
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Gbawe: 7:47pm On Dec 21, 2011
aribisala0:

look at that photo
as Tupac would say

"picture me rollin"

Clearly most Nigerians cannot discern this. It is those who backed the boy with no shoes who will soon be unable to afford shoes themselves.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Oluchi007(f): 8:49pm On Dec 21, 2011
Firstly, I don't know how true the report is.

Secondly, does the catering services involve catering for visitors (both foreign and domestic)? We need more details on who the beneficiaries are & the amount of food they need.

Don't know though. I'm trying to curb my cynicism & think that people are just fishing for an avenue to level criticism.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by twentycent(m): 9:32pm On Dec 21, 2011
As the leader of a people, you only have a̶̲̥̅ timeframe to prove if you are good or bad, and when you bring policies that are Anti-people, its only a matter of time and you will be in the History books as a Failure but when you less considerate about the Welfare of the people you are leading and your only concern is your Belly and what you can gain, then as a̶̲̥̅ leader you are a Failure, Jonathan are you a Failure?? And to those that voted for Fresh Air, i hope you choke on a lot of it and for those that blindly support bad leadership, let your conscience be your guide but that is if you have one or if you have not exchanged it for the riches that you get from your Fresh Air but always remember that there is so much suffering in the Land. Insensitivity will lead a leader to Failure.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by aribisala0(m): 9:42pm On Dec 21, 2011
We really do NOT need to cater for visitors. You might do that if you are rich but we are poor. Our Per Capita income is less than $4 =600 nairadaily. so why should th president and VP eat 2.7 million = about 30 cows DAILY.
I am sure not everey state in Nigeria kills that many cows daily grin
We should publicise our austerity. They can plant some fruit trees at Aso Rock and entertain them with fruits if required but that practice of feeding guests is outdated and more importantly UNAFFORDABLE but you have a president going around in a bullet proof car and buying new planes so we should not expect him to lead by example.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by bola09: 12:33am On Dec 22, 2011
I just thought I will take a look at the proposed budget and what I got from the budget office is posted below. This is the link to the data: http://www.budgetoffice.gov.ng/2012_budget_pro_details/1.%20Summary_Presidency1.pdf

While the waste and stealing that goes on in all facets of Nigerian government is appauling, I think it is important to know that we can only act from the point of truth. From that point, even the number in this table is outrageo8us by my standad. These numbers are for the office of the president but the vice president numbers are also on the same table. Note that the numer for refreshment and meals is : 293 695 515

=======================

FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA
2012 BUDGET
CODE
LINE ITEM
(=N=)
2012 BUDGET PROPOSAL
PLANT / GENERATOR FUEL COST
54 329 368
MISCELLANEOUS
957 097 452
REFRESHMENT & MEALS
293 695 515
HONORARIUM & SITTING ALLOWANCE
173 752 467
PUBLICITY & ADVERTISEMENTS
77 564 345
MEDICAL EXPENSES
84 311 634
POSTAGES & COURIER SERVICES
14 060 239
WELFARE PACKAGES
285 137 061
SUBSCRIPTION TO PROFESSIONAL BODIES
7 091 491
SPORTING ACTIVITIES
21 484 700
CAPITAL EXPENDITURE
7 110 800 000
FIXED ASSETS PURCHASED
1 214 477 920
PURCHASE OF FIXED ASSETS - GENERAL
1 214 477 920
PURCHASE OF BUSES
161 270 120
PURCHASE OF OFFICE FURNITURE AND FITTINGS
135 053 350
PURCHASE OF COMPUTERS
265 111 472
PURCHASE OF PHOTOCOPYING MACHINES
23 566 100
PURCHASE OF SCANNERS
150 783 304
PURCHASE OF CANTEEN / KITCHEN EQUIPMENT
45 427 848
PURCHASE OF RESIDENTIAL FURNITURE
295 322 579
PURCHASE OF HEALTH / MEDICAL EQUIPMENT
93 776 918
PURCHASE OF LIBRARY BOOKS & EQUIPMENT
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Kobojunkie: 12:45am On Dec 22, 2011
I have been perusing the pdf at this link http://www.budgetoffice.gov.ng/2012_budget_pro_details/1.%20Summary_Presidency1.pdf

Honestly, I think 2012 is shaping out to be just another one of them years in Nigeria.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Fabianetta: 4:54pm On Dec 22, 2011
Am here to make a difference. Cheers!
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by beespak7(m): 11:07pm On Dec 22, 2011
N1 BILLION FOR FOOD CHAI IF   DEM MESSS, ehh  na gbosa
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Pukkah: 6:44pm On Dec 23, 2011
Transformation starts from the stomach. It is called 'stomach-powered' transformation. 'What we will eat' is superior to 'what we want to do'. grin grin

Afterall, no one can function without food and the higher your office the more the food you need, in terms of quantity and quality. tongue

This N1billion is even too small sef, upon all the thinking they have to do in order to spur the much-needed transformation which we crave.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Pukkah: 6:48pm On Dec 23, 2011
crowaddy:

Load of crap comments arising from ignorance here( Maybe the country is full of too many hungry people hence distorted mode of reasoning).

First of all the headline is quite deceptive and quite misleading.

The N992 Million i guess is a budget for the Presidency. The presidency (or office of the president/ Vice President ) is bigger than GoodLuck or Sambo or whosoever occupies the position of President/Vice President.

If it is argued that the aforementioned amount is for feeding at Aso Villa then we must understand that Hundreds if not a thousand plus people live and work at the villa- Civil Servants, Security personnel etc.
You must add that the president and his designated aids also get visits on soci0-economic and political consultations that are both local and international in nature etc.

Are you saying that the country should feed civil servants and other people that are on salaries? Are you sure of this? Are those civil servants taxed on this benefit-in-kind? Or is the value of the feeding deducted from their salaries?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obasanjo Took Nigeria Out Of Debt But We Are Back In Debt - Aroms Aigbehi / Ifeanyi Ubah Is Not Wrong By Defecting To APC / Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.