Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year (11259 Views)

GEJ, Sambo, Okonjo-iweala And Other Ministers To Travel Abroad After May 29 / Jonathan, Sambo To Spend N4 Billion On Food, Travels In 2015 / GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Funkymallam(m): 8:32pm On Dec 20, 2011
Rad1cal:

cool

he is a master @ dodging, he wont answer to those, but @ least he has stopped hauling pebbles @ ppl lyk him.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by humblebee: 8:48pm On Dec 20, 2011
if that food will contain plenty of needed vitamins to boost his brain, he had better increase it to 2billion, c dame feeding fat at the expense of others
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Roland17(m): 8:48pm On Dec 20, 2011
If half of that money in dedicated to restructuring/renovating 2 federal universities in Nigeria would Mr president/sambo die of hunger? a usual case of misplacement of priorities.

Breath of fresh air indeed,
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by aribisala0(m): 9:00pm On Dec 20, 2011
we are a poor country we CANNOT AFFORD STATE DINNERS
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by VoodooDoll(m): 9:08pm On Dec 20, 2011
KAI, Cassava bread dey expensive oh!

Until I leave this office, I will only eat N1bn Cassava bread!

grin shocked shocked shocked grin
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by muyoto: 9:44pm On Dec 20, 2011
AGRIC budget for 120million Nigerians= 79billon approx N650/person

budget for 2 people approx 1billion. i.e abt 500million/person

na wa o!  sad sad
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by oderemo(m): 9:59pm On Dec 20, 2011
Almost a bill.for feeding two households, what a waste of moni.
These guys cant swear to using this vote on food alone. And to think they still have security vote To embezzle.
Nija i hail oh.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by deadie(m): 10:29pm On Dec 20, 2011
Come Sharrap dia all of you. GEJ has 2 children and a fat wife. Mallam Sambo get family too. How many loaves of cassava bread can 1 billion naira buy? Abeg make una relax and support our nascent democracy grin grin grin
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by misterh(m): 10:46pm On Dec 20, 2011
How can a nation develop wen recurrent expenditure is more dan capital expenditure. Almost #1 billion on food!!! Hahaha, that's heartless
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by safarigirl(f): 10:48pm On Dec 20, 2011
Wow! I never knew Ǟ year's worth ☺₣ food ¢ð₪ be Ŝ☺ expensive. This budget can feed four states in Nigeria, anyways what can we do? As everyone is waiting for someone to protest, we'll all drown together
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by sshalom(m): 11:03pm On Dec 20, 2011
Unbelievable! Something is going to crack very soon.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by honeric01(m): 2:28am On Dec 21, 2011
hmm, they need to feed all the pdp members including beaf, odunnu and seun (i think he's a member of the pro-gej too) jokes o.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Kobojunkie: 4:55am On Dec 21, 2011
Do we call this useless outrage? When it was announced that ~ 500 million was to be spent by the same administration in 2010 we all reacted in the same way. Come 2011, we all reacted in similar manner as well but still went out in droves to vote it back in. So, why the reaction this time around really? Don't we get tired of pretending each time that we have just been slapped for the very first time by the same group? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by hercules07: 5:42am On Dec 21, 2011
Compare and contrast GEJ and his PDP with Fashola and his ACN, please Lagosians vote in PDP because you are not ready to pay toll gate fee, vote PDP because God forbid public schools should not charge high tuition fees but private (including churches) can charge as they like, people should ask Osun people what they faced with Oyinlola, then you will know why any PDP government in the SW is a disaster.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Kobojunkie: 6:38am On Dec 21, 2011
See mumu comparison!! grin grin grin
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by mentorken05(m): 7:05am On Dec 21, 2011
Approx 1 billion naira only om food?dats too bad.d last tym I checked it cn pay up to 1200 nigerians (70k a month)
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by dustydee: 7:27am On Dec 21, 2011
Executive excesses. The price of garri may soon go up cos cassava may be diverted into making cassava flour.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Booth25(m): 7:38am On Dec 21, 2011
Chai all this money on their foods alone. Clothings, cars,laundry etc arent included.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Booth25(m): 7:40am On Dec 21, 2011
Chai all this money on their foods alone. Clothings, cars,laundry etc arent included.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Hardunnii(f): 7:45am On Dec 21, 2011
I buy my foodstuffs frm my salary, why cant gej do d same
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Drlumi: 7:54am On Dec 21, 2011
I pity Nigeria. I also pity GEJ, for he knows not what he does.

http://kudizone.com/blog/2011/12/13/goodluck-animal-farm/
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by mbulela: 7:56am On Dec 21, 2011
Sanusi’s ‘Mansion’
I know that the seat of the governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) is one of the hottest in the land, but Malam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi may soon need a coolant. Recently, a message was being circulated about him in the social media that he bought and paid N1 billion for a property beside his official residence in Abuja “to use for a garden”. He had started pulling down the house, it was alleged, even though the tenants still had their rents running. I was touched by the plight of the luckless tenants and angered by Sanusi’s “greed” when I read the message. Alas, it turned out that the owner put his two houses for sale; former CBN governor, Professor Chukwuma Soludo, approved that the apex bank should buy and develop them as part of the official residence of the governor; and CBN paid N700 million for both. The former owner promised that one house would be vacant in September and the other in December. And, guess what, CBN was not pulling down any house or ejecting any tenant. This thing called social media needs reform!
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by mbulela: 7:58am On Dec 21, 2011
While Sanusi spends 700million in expanding the CBN governor's residence.
Ours is a lost cause.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by kokoA(m): 8:00am On Dec 21, 2011
How dem go get sense? Na so so food dem dey sat '@sSHole' rock dey chop naw. fools! embarassed
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by 1025: 8:08am On Dec 21, 2011
Jonathan! Jonathan!! Jonathan!!! God go judge you ooo.
i tried to make nigerians and nairalanders to see reasons why they shld not vote jonathan and pdp but nobody listened to me. many of us wanted fresh - pollutted air and that is what we get.
what will 2015 produce? maybe another pdp silent killer that is if we fail to bring pdp down with this fuel subsidy removal.
a president whose wife brought bayelsa state down stealing funds like there will not be next time yet we let them in.
na so obasanjo and stella dey do until God catch stella outside nigeria where she went to waste our funds and na coffin bring am back.
God dey sha.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by kokoA(m): 8:34am On Dec 21, 2011
Outrage over Jonathan, Sambo’s N992m food bill

President Goodluck Jonathan’s N1bn budget for himself and Vice-President Namadi Sambo in the 2012 national expenditure attracted condemnation from prominent Nigerians on Tuesday.

Opposition parties also described the top two citizens’ proposed feeding allowance as the "height of insensivity" in a country where the majority of the citizens grapple daily with hunger and unemployment.

A Constitutional lawyer, Prof. Itse Sagay, SAN, described the bill as "insane". Speaking to one of our correspondents on the telephone, Sagay expressed sadness that the country’s leaders were careless with public funds.

He said, "This is insane. This is a country in which the rulers don’t care about the way they spend public money, they see it as something they can spend carelessly.

"How can you spend about N1bn in one year for entertainment; which type of entertainment is that? It is very sad.

"It is a sign of the country’s lack of development. Our politicians and leaders do not know what to do without attracting public opprobrium. It is very sad, it is very sad indeed."

The Congress for Progressive Change also described the decision as condemnable.

In a telephone interview with one of our correspondents on Tuesday, the National Publicity Secretary of the party, Mr. Kayode Fashakin, said it was wrong for the President not to be ready to make sacrifice.

He said, "Will the President spend the amount to eat ofada rice or to eat cassava bread as he claimed these are the foods he now eats in the Presidential Villa?

"The President is asking Nigerians to make sacrifices, yet he wants to spend this colossal amount on food alone.

"This government is not serious about giving us good governance. He wants to enjoy everything under the sun, yet he is telling us to be ready to buy petroleum products at international rate.

"This government has come to punish Nigerians; it has not come to soothe our pains. It is a government that is playing the game according to the dictate of the IMF and the World Bank.

"That is why the officials of the two agencies were at the Villa to thank him for punishing Nigerians. Of course, the two agencies have their machinery in government."

Also, the President of the Campaign for Democracy, Dr. Joe Okei-Odumakin, said that the Jonathan administration had shown that it was only interested in pauperising Nigerians.

"This President is anti-people. People must brace themselves, if not they will continue to be impoverished. Jonathan and his vice-president will continue to amass wealth and keep them in perpetual poverty," she said.

Also, the All Nigerian Peoples Party said the budget indicated that the President had no focus.

Speaking on behalf of the party, its National Publicity Secretary, Chief Emma Eneukwu, said it was unfortunate that the President could be thinking about himself alone when he had concluded arrangement to remove subsidy from oil.

He said, "That budget should tell Nigerians that the President does not have any focus. He is there whiling away time.

"Nigerians are on the streets looking for what to eat, and their President wants to spend N1bn on his belly and that of his deputy.

"He wants to punish his people by removing the subsidy when that is the only benefit they get from the natural resources God has given them."

The breakdown of the details of the 2012 Appropriation Bill presented to the National Assembly last week Thursday shows that a whopping N992.57m was budgeted for the President and Vice President’s food and general catering services.

The sum includes the cost of purchasing foodstuffs, catering supplies and kitchen equipment for the president and his deputy’s offices and residences.

A total of N18.34bn is also allocated to the State House in the budget.

A further breakdown shows that an approximately N477m will be spent on foodstuffs and catering materials supplies for the president’s office while N293m will be spent on refreshment and meals for the president’s residence and office.

Apart from that, N45.4m is also earmarked for canteen and "kitchen equipment" for the president’s residence.

For the vice, president’s office, foodstuff, catering and materials supplies are to cost N104m, while cooking gas and cooking fuel will consume N6.2m.

Refreshments and meals at the VP’s office and residence are estimated at N20.8million.

Then separately, another N45.4 million was reported to have been allocated topurchase of kitchen and household equipment at the State House.

http://www.punchng.com/index.php/news/item/8383-outrage-over-jonathan-sambo’s-n992m-food-bill
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Wadosky(m): 8:46am On Dec 21, 2011
jonathan doesnt have conscience and so insensitive to the peoples plight.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Reference(m): 8:47am On Dec 21, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Do we call this useless outrage? When it was announced that ~ 500 million was to be spent by the same administration in 2010 we all reacted in the same way. Come 2011, we all reacted in similar manner as well but still went out in droves to vote it back in. So, why the reaction this time around really? Don't we get tired of pretending each time that we have just been slapped for the very first time by the same group?  undecided undecided undecided undecided

My dear it is because there are no alternatives. Government and governance has always been templated to the most extremely expensive models found anywhere in the world and then turbo charged. Recurrent expenditure in Nigeria is a disaster in Nigeria. It bears no semblance to the state of finances thoughtless of income. They borrow to host dignitaries and issue bonds for salaries. Its pitiful. Just look at states. Even those operating near comatose economies depending on allocations alone still have a retinue of advisers, assistants, convoys of armored jeeps and retinue of body guards. Is there a governors convoy on the highway today without an ambulance in tow, none. Once they see another state doing it they copy immediately. Flagrance is copied top to bottom. No one looks at his size. I was on my way to Portharcourt by road the day dear Comrade laid his lovely wife to bed at his country home right on the highway. The place looked like an automart for black SUV's. I'm sure there was up to a billion naira worth of vehicles parked there. All proudly flying their various party flags like some carnival. Its our nature, our culture. They simply believe its their opportunity, their time and no one can deny them. Since the day Murtala was gunned down in Lagos government has gone haywire.

I do hope one day the president, some state governor, a certain local government official will act normally and cease this culture of profligacy. It has to start from the top down, across the bureaucracy of federating units, spread through the three arms of government. Jonathan will get his fuel subsidy removal easy if he spent more time on the streets. Fasola will get his tolls, fees and levies easier if he aligned himself properly with the people. It is called sharing in their sufferings. Nigerians are very accommodating and sacrificial people. But what they don't want to see is their so-called leaders literally eating their all the food at their expense. If a billion naira is partly spent on foreign guests. Know this. They won't complain. But have their fill move to the streets with their cameras and laugh at sad images back home. What folly - this recurrent expenditure thing.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Gbawe: 8:49am On Dec 21, 2011
Funkymallam:

he is a master @ dodging, he wont answer to those, but @ least he has stopped hauling pebbles @ ppl lyk him.

Why should I indulge Nairalanders like you and Rad1cal , carrying bad belle for folks from one thread to the next, in your silly desire for e-fights? Everytime you comment these days, it is to accuse me of one thing or another like a scorned mistress. What is wrong with you? Can you simply not inspect what folks write on a case by case basis instead of deciding you will always attack everything they write? If I speak you say we support Tinubu and Fashola blindly- even as that is not the case. When I don't speak you say we are "evading" threads thereby denying other the right to refrain from passing comment. Dude, you are becoming obsessed with individuals here and you need to reign yourself in and get back to responding to what folks write instead of allowing personal prejudice taint your views every damn time.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by MAYOWAAK: 9:13am On Dec 21, 2011
Somebody asked what they will eat to cost that much. Haba, the Blackie fisherman graduated from drinking "ogogoro" and "apeteshi" to MOET CHANDON, while the gworo-chopping Sambo graduated from drinking "fura de nunu" to MOET HENESSY! Shameless leaders and spineless followers.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 21, 2011
I am not fed by my office, my office dont pay for my fuel, Goodluck and Sambo are both salary earners, you re asking us to sacrifice yet feeding fat on food and buying kitchen utensils every year, Goodluck and Sambo should sacrifice too, feed them selves or change thier diet to a more reasonable sum. madness
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by otondo55: 9:35am On Dec 21, 2011

If GEJ & Sambo = N1bn on Food
   Nigeria Agric = N80bn
   Nigeria Agric = Nigeria Population(excluding GEJ and Sambo)
Whats the share for each Nigerian on the Agric Budget ?
Whats the ratio of GEJ & Sambo to each Nigerian ?
Who need to do justice to Nigeria Economy in terms of higher share ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ex-Speaker N‎a’Abba Set To Join APC- Punch / The true meaning of the word Biafra / Supreme Court Hears Saraki’s Appeal Thursday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.