Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,507 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics (43818 Views)

Buhari Inspects Made-in-nigeria Peugeot Cars(photos) / Fashola Inspects Isolation Unit For Ebola Virus Patients. PICS / FG To File Defence In Lekki-ikoyi Bridge Suit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by ade80: 11:08pm On Dec 21, 2011
If the project started in 2009 and is 80% complete now,
Why is the date for completion dec 2012
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by viceb: 5:53am On Dec 22, 2011
What am seeing is not 80percent ohhh grin grin Anyway keep up Fashola.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by jude33084(m): 11:22am On Dec 22, 2011
Is the bridge a suspendd one? Lagos is doing us proud and Edo is behind u guys.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by 2AMLasgidi: 7:25am On Dec 23, 2011
Call it another Alternative route to the toll gate!!!, Now shame to those who claim government is here to milk them. Most people working in Lekki axis are living on the island all they need do is just drive into Admiralty Road link the bridge. pronto, you on your way to the 3rd mainland bridge. Now I can see a Fashola decongesting Lekki Road especially for people coming to Ikoyi and going to the island.

Welcome to New Lagos.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by johnie: 9:13am On Dec 23, 2011
2AMLasgidi:

Call it another Alternative route to the toll gate!!!, Now shame to those who claim government is here to milk them. Most people working in Lekki axis are living on the island all they need do is just drive into Admiralty Road link the bridge. pronto, you on your way to the 3rd mainland bridge. Now I can see a Fashola decongesting Lekki Road especially for people coming to Ikoyi and going to the island.

Welcome to New Lagos.

Please answer this one question. A simple yes or no will do:

Will the bridge be tolled?[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 1:04pm On Dec 23, 2011
The key question is; WILL THIS BRIDGE BE TOLLED?
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by johnie: 1:59pm On Dec 23, 2011
naptu2:

The key question is; WILL THIS BRIDGE BE TOLLED?

I am still expecting a response from 2AMLasgidi, Eko Ile & co.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by hercules07: 2:03pm On Dec 23, 2011
I expect the bridge to be tolled, government must make money back from it, we live in dangerous financial times, what people should be fighting for is a reasonable price, say 50 Naira.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by johnie: 2:07pm On Dec 23, 2011
hercules07:

I expect the bridge to be tolled, government must make money back from it, we live in dangerous financial times, what people should be fighting for is a reasonable price, say 50 Naira.

If N50 is reasonable for the link bridge, how then can N120 be reasonable for the expressway?
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by EkoIle1: 2:22pm On Dec 23, 2011
This bridge is definitely not going to be tolled, it's not a concessioned property, it's a direct contract awarded by the Lagos state government and funded by the Lagos state government.

I don't even know where some get their usual ignorant nonsense from. If it's going to be tolled, where is the toll plaza and government policy about tolling this bridge??

What I'd love to see is some kind of trust fund system in place to make every user contribute some money for proper and professional maintenance of this beautiful infrastructure.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by 2AMLasgidi: 2:33pm On Dec 23, 2011
johnie:

Please answer this one question. A simple yes or no will do:

Will the bridge be tolled?[color=#990000][/color]

NO, No, NO, No, No,!!! which part of the NO do you not understand!!!
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 2:37pm On Dec 23, 2011
Actually, I'm not against tolling, or some management contract system, but I feel it's important that the government engages citizens, seeks their opinion, informs of them of developments, so that it can many any necessary policy adjustments and get the people to buy into its policies and programmes.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by 2AMLasgidi: 2:48pm On Dec 23, 2011
Eko Ile:

This bridge is definitely not going to be tolled, it's not a concessioned property, it's a direct contract awarded by the Lagos state government and funded by the Lagos state government.

I don't even know where some get their usual ignorant nonsense from. If it's going to be tolled, where is the toll plaza and government policy about tolling this bridge??

What I'd love to see is some kind of trust fund system in place to make every user contribute some money for proper and professional maintenance of this beautiful infrastructure.

Now, to put this in perspective the Toll gate will definitely have few motorist using it. More traffic will be going thru Ikoyi to link Lekki.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by EkoIle1: 2:58pm On Dec 23, 2011
2AMLasgidi:

Now, to put this in perspective the Toll gate will definitely have few motorist using it. More traffic will be going thru Ikoyi to link Lekki.

Definitely.

There's even more to this than toll or any other basic considerations. It's all about commerce and productivity. we are all losing all over because of gridlock. We waste so much time, money. manpower and productive hours because we sit in traffic instead of maximizing our working hours to be productive, generate funds and produce goods and services.

With less traffic and gridlock, we live a better and stressful life, we make and produce more which means more tax money generated to build more bridges and other social services.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by 2AMLasgidi: 3:20pm On Dec 23, 2011
Eko Ile:

Definitely.

There's even more to this than toll or any other basic considerations. It's all about commerce and productivity. we are all losing all over because of gridlock. We waste so much time, money. manpower and productive hours because we sit in traffic instead of maximizing our working hours to be productive, generate funds and produce goods and services.

With less traffic and gridlock, we live a better and stressful life, we make and produce more which means more tax money generated to build more bridges and other social services.

God bless you Eko Ile, by the way some even forget that Our cars hardly have second value with gridlock we go through everyday. we pay more than N240 per complete trip on our cars if the road had been left in that "Jakande Way. Pot holes ridden, too narrow to accommodate todays traffic density, No Traffic Light, sandy median (which causes accident all the time, )
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by hercules07: 3:37pm On Dec 23, 2011
I stand corrected on tolling of the bridge, I thought it will be as the state needs money, to johnie, the lekki bridge could also be tolled at #50, the residents should have engaged Fashola and LCC on that instead of turning it into a political thing, the important things are, the residents get a good road, the private guy makes his money and everyone is happy.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by EkoIle1: 4:04pm On Dec 23, 2011
2AMLasgidi:

God bless you Eko Ile, by the way some even forget that Our cars hardly have second value with gridlock we go through everyday. we pay more than N240 per complete trip on our cars if the road had been left in that "Jakande Way. Pot holes ridden, too narrow to accommodate todays traffic density, No Traffic Light, sandy median (which causes accident all the time, )

You know, I use the word ignorant a lot on NL and obviously, may people equate it with insult which it's really not. I's basically saying you lack any kind of knowledge regarding what you are talking about.

If you don't pay attention to your state and it's activities, how do you make informed decisions or even voice any credible opinion on anything?

How many on NL visits the state's or the governor's website to find out what's awarded, what's budgeted, what money is coming in and what's going where, what project is under construction and where is the project?

Some of us do this to stay informed so we don't sound ignorant, so we know what we are talking about.

No government on the face of the earth is perfect, but we know the ones that are making honest efforts to change the way things are done in Nigeria, we now see what is deliverable with tax payers money.

We know we are getting roads bridges with our tax payers money

We know we are getting schools and hospitals

We know we are getting a metro rail system with our tax payers money

We know we are getting 15 water works with our tax payers money

We know we are getting power plants with our money

We know we are getting the best freeway (10 lane Badagry express) in Nigeria and West Africa with our tax money

We know our we are getting a cleaner environment with our tax money

We know we are safer and secured with our tax payers money,

These are the things that our own federal government can't and is incapable of delivering to any Nigerian even with all the taxes we sent to the federal government.

Development is a 2 way street, the people paying their taxes and shouldering their fair share and government delivering what the people are paying for.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by EkoIle1: 4:25pm On Dec 23, 2011
hercules07:

I stand corrected on tolling of the bridge, I thought it will be as the state needs money, to johnie, the lekki bridge could also be tolled at #50, the residents should have engaged Fashola and LCC on that instead of turning it into a political thing, the important things are, the residents get a good road, the private guy makes his money and everyone is happy.

Reality is yet to hit Nigerians because for so many decades, they've been ignoring their societal obligations like paying taxes because what little was built was funded with oil money, but the era of oil money funding everything doesn't apply to today's realities.

We have a state with 20 million people stressing the little infrastructures available to the brink and meager oil money from Abuja, yet the massive 20 million people want every modern necessities provided cost free and without pain.

The lekki thing was a political move galvanized by politicians like Bode George the convict and other PDP goons. With their National power and influence, these characters are yet to contribute or deliver anything on behalf of Lagosians. They are nothing but parasites and opportunists, the fact they they are not looting and ruining us like their kins are doing in Abuja is killing them and I really do hope these heartless clowns die of the face of the earth.

We've made so much progress and the thought of these clowns setting us back to where Lagos was before sounds like death.

I really don't think every road or bridge in Lagos state should be tolled, but there's got to be some kind of fund set aside by Lagosians to fund road and bridge projects and maintenance or public infrastructures.

I suggest some kind of sales tax with proceeds going into a special account specifically for this porpose and there should be a legislative law creating this fund, it should be untouchable except for what it's set up for.

This should be a worry free solution for us all, at least we'll know that tolling is out of the question and we'll have money to build, fix our roads and bridges.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by soloqy: 6:59pm On Dec 23, 2011
@Ekoile and Lasgidi

You are missing the point particularly, Ekoile. The issue is not the tolling/taxing as a concept but the toll amount and system. In your bid to call everyone commenting ignorant, you have refused to get that salient point. Even hercules just talked about the amount and you didnt see that as well. Scroll some pages back and you will see where I also talked about the toll amount and system. GET IT we are already paying tax in Lagos so we are fully aware of the realities of taxation. It doesnt now mean you levy taxes that are too heavy for people. With the current tolling system, road users on that Lekki express will be spending close to 600 naira per day on tolls. Calculate that and see how much it would amount to in a month and a year. The toll is paid each time you cross the toll gates cant you see that? Like I mentioned earlier in a post, nothing stops you from selling tickets on a per day basis so that people can buy tickets they can use for the whole day and not have to pay each time they pass the gate. People can choose to buy tickets in bulk(monthly, weekly) thus reducing the gridlock experienced when toll officials start looking for change to give customers.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by 2AMLasgidi: 8:30pm On Dec 23, 2011
soloqy:

@Ekoile and Lasgidi

You are missing the point particularly, Ekoile. The issue is not the tolling/taxing as a concept but the toll amount and system. In your bid to call everyone commenting ignorant, you have refused to get that salient point. Even hercules just talked about the amount and you didnt see that as well. Scroll some pages back and you will see where I also talked about the toll amount and system. GET IT we are already paying tax in Lagos so we are fully aware of the realities of taxation. It doesnt now mean you levy taxes that are too heavy for people. With the current tolling system, road users on that Lekki express will be spending close to 600 naira per day on tolls. Calculate that and see how much it would amount to in a month and a year. The toll is paid each time you cross the toll gates cant you see that? Like I mentioned earlier in a post, nothing stops you from selling tickets on a per day basis so that people can buy tickets they can use for the whole day and not have to pay each time they pass the gate. People can choose to buy tickets in bulk(monthly, weekly) thus reducing the gridlock experienced when toll officials start looking for change to give customers.

I appreciate the fact that we are coming closer to the real point we should have started with. The campaign in Lekki Area which unfortunately the resident placed in the hand of political guys like Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa was "No to Tolling on Lekki Axis" and I say, this is a misplaced agitation! The campaign should have been a call for reduction of the toll price, and may be the number of toll points from 3 to 2 points. This would have been easy for a Government to look into.
Imagine a Bode George leading a popular protest against the tolling, that already put a credibility question mark on the PROTEST.
As for the issue of paying tax, I know that in other clime which we aspire to; they pay more tax than we are currently being run after to pay yet they pay bills upon bills including tolls. Our government just need to more open as some opined earlier. I look forward a sincerely sincere government. But Trust me, no Government can actually satisfy all.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by SirYusuf1(m): 8:31pm On Dec 23, 2011
menh i will really feel bad but dat calls 4 double work
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by EkoIle1: 8:36pm On Dec 23, 2011
soloqy:

@Ekoile and Lasgidi

You are missing the point particularly, Ekoile. The issue is not the tolling/taxing as a concept but the toll amount and system. In your bid to call everyone commenting ignorant, you have refused to get that salient point. Even hercules just talked about the amount and you didnt see that as well. Scroll some pages back and you will see where I also talked about the toll amount and system.   GET IT we are already paying tax in Lagos so we are fully aware of the realities of taxation. It doesnt now mean you levy taxes that are too heavy for people. With the current tolling system, road users on that Lekki express will be spending close to 600 naira per day on tolls. Calculate that and see how much it would amount to in a month and a year. The toll is paid each time you cross the toll gates cant you see that? Like I mentioned earlier in a post, nothing stops you from selling tickets on a per day basis so that people can buy tickets they can use for the whole day and not have to pay each time they pass the gate. People can choose to buy tickets in bulk(monthly, weekly) thus reducing the gridlock experienced when toll officials start looking for change to give customers.

The fact is, I have zero concern or objection to any kind of amendment regarding the fees, but  the argument was never shaped around fees from the get go and if that was the case, have any of the aggrieved parties tabled their concerns before the state legislature for some kind of reprieve  based on the toll fees? No. It was a total rejection of the whole tolling system. On top of that, these communities sold their argument and concerns to political opponents and crass opportunists with petty political axe to grind with the state and it's hard to take people seriously under such umbrella,

They are free to send a delegation to Alausa and table their case before the state like other Law abiding Lagosians instead of all the grand standing, chaos, threats, blackmail, disturbances  and political theatrics.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by ade80: 9:12pm On Dec 23, 2011
Don't say that, I've been abroad and a lot of the bills paid there are also paid here. Remember that a lot of people there get things on credit that's why the bills are huge. Everything here is cashed based. My friends complain whenever they are in Nigeria that the basic things are very expensive. Do you know how much an average Nigerian spends on petrol and we still have to pay light bills.
So please tell me the bills they pay that we don't pay over here. Yes they pay tolls but the alternatives are as good as the tolled roads. In my opinion, the bridge should be tolled instead Afterall it is an entirely new project.

[quote][/quote]
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by 2AMLasgidi: 4:28am On Dec 24, 2011
ade_77:

Don't say that, I've been abroad and a lot of the bills paid there are also paid here. Remember that a lot of people there get things on credit that's why the bills are huge. Everything here is cashed based. My friends complain whenever they are in Nigeria that the basic things are very expensive. Do you know how much an average Nigerian spends on petrol and we still have to pay light bills.
So please tell me the bills they pay that we don't pay over here. Yes they pay tolls but the alternatives are as good as the tolled roads. In my opinion, the bridge should be tolled instead Afterall it is an entirely new project.

Being an entirely new project does not mean that it should be tolled. All the things that sorrounds the the Bridge does not indicate that it will be tolled. It was initiated by the state government, built direcly using tax payers' money not that a concessioneer sourced money to impliment it. Believe me it'll not be tolled. Call it an alternative route to by-pass lekki first toll plaza. meanwhile more work need be done on Admiralty Road inside lekki to accommodate the huge traffic that will follow when the bridge is completed.

Welcome to new Lagos grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by soloqy: 6:13am On Dec 25, 2011
Realities of the tolling system and the financial burden on people. I maintain that the tolling amount and system is too expensive.

Please read through the article before commenting on it. The lawyer there made some very valid and salient points.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/lagos-toll-how-we-have-been-marginalised-residents-in-lekki/
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by Nobody: 2:05am On Feb 13, 2012
Is this bridge completed?
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by emiye(m): 2:26am On Feb 13, 2012
Expected Completion date is Dec 2012
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 1:12pm On Feb 29, 2012
Pictures taken yesterday (28:2:2012)

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 1:14pm On Feb 29, 2012

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 1:15pm On Feb 29, 2012

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 7:42am On Apr 24, 2012
I was able to take more pics yesterday afternoon. Julius Berger has built a roundabout at the foot of the bridge on Admiralty Road, Lekki Phase 1 (although they've closed a portion of the roundabout).

The pictures from the Alexander Road, Ikoyi end of the bridge were taken about a month ago.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 7:44am On Apr 24, 2012
Alexander Road, Ikoyi end of the bridge.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Embarrassing Photos Of Imo Govt House As Governor Ihedioha Tours Around Today / Fani-Kayode Writes On The ''Killing Of 105 Soldiers By Boko Haram'' / GEJ Accepts Twitter User Mohammad Deedee's Apology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.