Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics (43841 Views)

Buhari Inspects Made-in-nigeria Peugeot Cars(photos) / Fashola Inspects Isolation Unit For Ebola Virus Patients. PICS / FG To File Defence In Lekki-ikoyi Bridge Suit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 7:50am On Apr 24, 2012
View from a distance (so you can appreciate the height of the suspension pillar).

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 7:53am On Apr 24, 2012
More

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 8:02am On Apr 24, 2012
Still from a distance.

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 8:07am On Apr 24, 2012
More

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 8:10am On Apr 24, 2012
Getting closer.

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 8:15am On Apr 24, 2012
Closer still.

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 8:20am On Apr 24, 2012
Length of the bridge (note the streetlights on the bridge).

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 8:24am On Apr 24, 2012
More pics of the bridge.

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 8:28am On Apr 24, 2012
The bridge.

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 8:36am On Apr 24, 2012
The new roundabout on Admiralty Road, Lekki Phase 1. Julius Berger has closed one section of the carriageway.

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 8:42am On Apr 24, 2012
Julius Berger yard @ the foot of the bridge. You can see a truck ascending the bridge right at the bridgehead.

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 8:44am On Apr 24, 2012
That's all for now.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by jason123: 4:36pm On Apr 24, 2012
Naptu2, from what I can see, the bridge is about 95% complete (including the street lamp). Do you support this assertion? Once again, thanks for the update!
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 4:45pm On Apr 24, 2012
jason123: Naptu2, from what I can see, the bridge is about 95% complete (including the street lamp). Do you support this assertion? Once again, thanks for the update!

I agree. In fact I think, in the past few weeks, they paid more attention to completing the roundabout on Admiralty Road than they did to completing the bridge.

I think the bridge will be commissioned pretty soon (if everything goes well).
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by Gbawe: 4:46pm On Apr 24, 2012
naptu2: That's all for now.

My brother, thank you for these private pictures. This is what we ask Nigerians to do i.e be the extra arm of Goverment and check its excesses when necessary. If you had not taken time from your schedule to provide these pictures, some haters of Fashola (like edicolove) will be having a wonderful time saying there is no work ongoing on this bridge and that "Fashola has gone to sleep in his second term".
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by GAR3TH(m): 4:47pm On Apr 24, 2012
Nice pictures Naptu2, thanks.

I added some of your photos here

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=90758408#post90758408
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by jason123: 4:53pm On Apr 24, 2012
GAR3TH: Nice pictures Naptu2, thanks.

Was about asking you to update SSC! grin Nice one!

naptu2:

I agree. In fact I think, in the past few weeks, they paid more attention to completing the roundabout on Admiralty Road than they did to completing the bridge.

I think the bridge will be commissioned pretty soon (if everything goes well).

Forgive my ignorance but what is this round about all about? Please can you explain? Thanks in advance!

Gbawe:

My brother, thank you for these private pictures. This is what we ask Nigerians to do i.e be the extra arm of Goverment and check its excesses when necessary. If you had not taken time from your schedule to provide these pictures, some haters of Fashola (like edicolove) will be having a wonderful time saying there is no work ongoing on this bridge and that "Fashola has gone to sleep in his second term".

You talk of the man that hates the indigenous people in Lagos, just like that?! The man that wants to run Lagos by subjecting the indigenes? grin Make him catch you! angry
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by jason123: 4:54pm On Apr 24, 2012
Secondly Naput2, can you give a ROUGH estimate of the time its gonna take to commission it?
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by Gbawe: 5:07pm On Apr 24, 2012
jason123:

You talk of the man that hates the indigenous people in Lagos, just like that?! The man that wants to run Lagos by subjecting the indigenes? grin Make him catch you! angry

Edicolove is my b.it.ch any time, any day. I knocked his teeth out when I supplied private pictures (just as Naptu2 does here) of superb Julius Berger drainage work around my Surulere area when he had shouted madly that Fashola has not carried out one single drainage project in Lagos State. He is sensible enough to avoid me. cool
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 5:09pm On Apr 24, 2012
The bridge lands at Admiralty Road (on the Lekki side). I wondered how they'll manage traffic at the junction between the bridge and Admiralty Road. They created a roundabout (traffic circle) so that traffic from the bridge can easily merge with traffic from Admiralty Road.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by jason123: 5:13pm On Apr 24, 2012
naptu2: The bridge lands at Admiralty Road (on the Lekki side). I wondered how they'll manage traffic at the junction between the bridge and Admiralty Road. They created a roundabout (traffic circle) so that traffic from the bridge can easily merge with traffic from Admiralty Road.
naptu2: The bridge lands at Admiralty Road (on the Lekki side). I wondered how they'll manage traffic at the junction between the bridge and Admiralty Road. They created a roundabout (traffic circle) so that traffic from the bridge can easily merge with traffic from Admiralty Road.

Thanks for the info!
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 5:14pm On Apr 24, 2012
GAR3TH: Nice pictures Naptu2, thanks.

Cool.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by jason123: 5:15pm On Apr 24, 2012
Last Year (May 2011): The Admiralty-Alexander Link Bridge will soon connect two highly frequented districts of Lagos, providing relief to existing routes in the economic center of Nigeria. With impressive pylon and cable-stayed construction, technology never before used in Nigeria, JB’s pioneering role in technological development is showcased.

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by ahf(m): 7:04am On Apr 25, 2012
Compare this to what Setraco is doing on East-West Road, after they systematically pushed Julius Berger out.

Kudos to LASG. More is still expected.

4th mainland bridge between Epe and Ikorodu would greatly alleviate the traffic on the 3rd Mainland bridge.
Partly concession it if need be, but run a lot of public forums to discuss the modalities and carry the people along.
(Someone please speak to fashola to initiate this, the FG wont be ready to do it)

" A man's work (good or bad) outlives he's actions ..... "

Thumbs up to the governors making a difference (even if they all have skeletons in their cupboards) .... Rivers, Edo, Lagos..... Thumbs Up...

Room for improvement still exists.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by jason123: 4:07am On Apr 29, 2012
ahf: Compare this to what Setraco is doing on East-West Road, after they systematically pushed Julius Berger out.

Kudos to LASG. More is still expected.

4th mainland bridge between Epe and Ikorodu would greatly alleviate the traffic on the 3rd Mainland bridge.
Partly concession it if need be, but run a lot of public forums to discuss the modalities and carry the people along.
(Someone please speak to fashola to initiate this, the FG wont be ready to do it)

" A man's work (good or bad) outlives he's actions ..... "

Thumbs up to the governors making a difference (even if they all have skeletons in their cupboards) .... Rivers, Edo, Lagos..... Thumbs Up...

Room for improvement still exists.

You are right, more can be done!!!
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by stillme(m): 8:18am On Apr 29, 2012
johnie:

Please answer this one question. A simple yes or no will do:

Will the bridge be tolled?[color=#990000][/color]

no doubt abt it,it will be tolled. If it is not tolled,how are they going to maintain the bridge,when there are other projects to emabark on?
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by GAR3TH(m): 9:01am On Apr 29, 2012
The bridge will most likely be tolled. As far as pricing it will probably be higher than the lekki toll gate since this bridge does have "narrow" [2x2 lane] roads unlike the lekki expresway which is 3x3 lanes. If it was cheaper the people will rush the bridge and its 2x2 lane roads will no be able to handle the traffic of the lekki expressway. So what I believe is that the price will be high but not to high so some people who can afford it will take the bridge and decongest the lekki expressway. but what do i know. . .
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by aljharem(m): 9:03am On Apr 29, 2012
Let them toll the thing jare, at least the facility is there for us to use and the toll gate can always be removed.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 9:07am On Apr 29, 2012
Eko Ile: This bridge is definitely not going to be tolled, it's not a concessioned property, it's a direct contract awarded by the Lagos state government and funded by the Lagos state government.

I don't even know where some get their usual ignorant nonsense from. If it's going to be tolled, where is the toll plaza and government policy about tolling this bridge??

What I'd love to see is some kind of trust fund system in place to make every user contribute some money for proper and professional maintenance of this beautiful infrastructure.

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by ahf(m): 10:32am On Apr 30, 2012
While not all infrastructure should be tolled. Like mentioned above, if this link bridge is direct Lagos state funding, probably no tolling planned. However, Lagos state residents, pls pay your Tax. :-)

A tolled 4th mainland bridge would still be cheaper for commutters (fuel, stress and time lost). So LASG pls follow the right procedures to execute this 4th mainland bridge.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by hercules07: 12:40pm On Apr 30, 2012
If Lagos state is going to embark on a tolled fourth mainland bridge, they might as well add a rail system to it jare, what is worth doing is worth doing well.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 1:14pm On Apr 30, 2012
hercules07: If Lagos state is going to embark on a tolled fourth mainland bridge, they might as well add a rail system to it jare, what is worth doing is worth doing well.

That's a really good idea. I was wondering why the LRT system doesn't have a route to Ikorodu. I imagine that, in future, the Blue Line will be extended to Badagry, the Green Line to Epe, etc, but there's no route to Ikorodu.

https://www.nairaland.com/898591/fashola-woos-foreign-investment-partners

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Gov Fayose Spotted On Top Of Okada Today On His Way To Government House(pics) / Pastor Tunde Bakare Pays Buhari Congratulatory Visit In Kaduna.... See Photos / General Buhari With Governor Oshiomole At His Wedding (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.