Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF (12200 Views)

A Great Speech By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (the CBN Governor) / CBN's Sanusi The Holy Mallam In A Romantic Romp (sizzling Photo) / Tafawa Balewa Was An Intelligent Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by maclatunji: 11:09am On Dec 21, 2011
He is the most upright and bravest person in government as far as I am concerned and he is intelligent. Lagarde obviously hasn't measured the intelligence of every Nigerian so why do you want to hold her words as fact? She is just complimenting the guy.

We are watching SLS and who knows what the future holds for him. So far, he has done really well.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by Sagamite(m): 11:10am On Dec 21, 2011
I am yet to see any other publicly known Nigerian more intelligent.

He is miles ahead of majority of publicly known Nigerians in thinking.

An absolutely INTELLIGENT MAN without a shadow of a doubt.

So I will definitely go with the premise proposed by the IMF.

A lot of you on NL should bow to Jarus for informing you of this because I have to give it to him, he has being saying it right from the word GO.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by gaskydudu: 11:10am On Dec 21, 2011
hustla242:

Lagarde also gave a nod of approval to the economic team that has dared to deal with the political hot potato that is the oil subsidy removal.

“It is unpopular, but absolutely necessary and in the interest of the Nigerian economy,” said Sanusi, who Lagarde described as “the most intelligent man in the country.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/industries/imf-chief-warns-nigeria-that-europes-debt-crisis-could-affect-africas-most-populous-nation/2011/12/20/gIQAqy8b6O_story.html

Now, I'm not against Sanusi he's cleaned up the banking sector which was excellent. "The most intelligent man in country"? Inflation in double figures, Naira at record low, borrowing rates at record high?? Yes I not we're not a manufacturing economy blah blah blah, but under Sanusi the economy has actually worsened due to his stringent policies. Islamic banking during such a delicate period Intelligent C'mon!!!

I'm not a fan of Sanusi, however please don't confuse Sanusi's monetary policy responsibility with the Government's fiscal policies. There is little he can do if there are challenges on the convergence of both policies.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by slap1(m): 11:14am On Dec 21, 2011
He has to be the most intelligent Nigerian the IMF has seen or dealt with. That makes more sense than calling him the most intelligent Nigerian. . .
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by Sagamite(m): 11:15am On Dec 21, 2011
ShangoThor:

Even though I accept SLS is very intelligent, and I am of the opinion that a Fashola/SLS team or vice versa would be more than capable of transforming Nigeria beyond recognition, however, I do have my reservations about his stance on a secular constitution.

It is impossible to be pro-Sharia and pro-secularism simultaneously.

Furthermore I would also like to know about his stance on the emergence of Boko Haram and their perpetration of violence. IMHO, he has made very few public utterances about this issue, unless someone on NL can further enlighten me about this issue if they have contrary information.

Explain to me where you got your concerns about his pro-secularism stance.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by bisiaet: 11:19am On Dec 21, 2011
how??
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by olawalebabs(m): 11:20am On Dec 21, 2011
Plus or Minus, Sanusi is very intelligent, being the most intelligent in Nigeria, I can't say.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by PHIPEX(m): 11:20am On Dec 21, 2011
Ofcourse, he must be an intelligent man to get to the position he is right now, but to call him the most intelligent among 160 million people is a mockery.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by Sagamite(m): 11:25am On Dec 21, 2011
Beaf:

The man is not even intelligent.
He is more like someone applying hammer and nail where tact, finesse and sophistry are required.

Don't ever say this kind of rubbish in your life again.

He is a million times more intelligent than the baboon president you worship blindly.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by OneNaira6: 11:27am On Dec 21, 2011
If he's the most intelligent man in Nigeria then I pity Nigeria.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by Sagamite(m): 11:31am On Dec 21, 2011
Onlytruth:

I was just thinking exactly the same thing!
ShangoThor [/b]the great, I'm a little disappointed in your assessment of this man.

Yes, he did some good works at CBN, but I believe he killed a lot of flies with lots of sledge hammers.
[b]To me, he is responsible for Nigeria's inability to take her place as THE giant of Africa economically.

His economic scoping/envisioning for Nigeria is somewhat stunted.  undecided
Given the amount of money we have been making from oil, he set us back (or stopped our forward march) by many years.

Explain please.

This would be a very interesting conversation.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by Baawaa(m): 11:33am On Dec 21, 2011
Sanusi is intelligent,but the most intelligent is the clause in it!!
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by NaijaNaWaa: 11:40am On Dec 21, 2011
The most intelligent man in Hausa/Fulani land, maybe.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by Sagamite(m): 11:47am On Dec 21, 2011
emmke:

tell me something i dont know. The future nigerian intellectuals are in the north. Watch this space. Hahahà

You must be on drugs.

With over 50% of Northern children never been to formal school?

With less than 40% of the Northern population being able to speak English or pidgin?

With only 1.8 in 100 Northern children between the ages of 12-18 enrolled in secondary school?

The North has the worst case of girl-child and school being mentionable in the same sentences?

Which future? 1500 years?

Not in your life time. Keep having moronic delusions.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by Hadone(m): 11:54am On Dec 21, 2011
He is not the most, but just among the most.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by ShangoThor(m): 11:57am On Dec 21, 2011
Sagamite:

Explain to me where you got your concerns about his pro-secularism stance.

Seriously, you need to read my statements again, properly.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by Sagamite(m): 12:07pm On Dec 21, 2011
ShangoThor:

Seriously, you need to read my statements again, properly.

Amsorry. But what you said is that you have concerns about his stance on a secular constitution.

Am I reading wrong?

What concerns?

How did you arrive at the concerns?
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by ogbongzky(m): 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2011
He is indeed a smart man.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by jmaine: 12:25pm On Dec 21, 2011
Most intelligent Nigerian my foot and imagine folks trying to accent to it  shocked  . . . 
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by kulutempa: 12:42pm On Dec 21, 2011
I wouldn't comment on his intelligence, but one thing I know is that he has shown a lot more common sense and a practical approach to problem solving than our multitude of Phds who are so clueless they can't find their backsides in the dark.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by hustla242: 12:47pm On Dec 21, 2011
Sagamite:

I am yet to see any other publicly known Nigerian more intelligent.

He is miles ahead of majority of publicly known Nigerians in thinking.

An absolutely INTELLIGENT MAN without a shadow of a doubt.

So I will definitely go with the premise proposed by the IMF.

A lot of you on NL should bow to Jarus for informing you of this because I have to give it to him, he has being saying it right from the word GO.

I would argue that Soludo is just as Intelligent if not more, same goes for Okonjo-Iweala, Fashola and many more other Nigerians home and Abroad. Bloody hell, I would argue that I am just as intelligent as he is, he's made some schoolboy errors.

gaskydudu:

I'm not a fan of Sanusi, however please don't confuse Sanusi's monetary policy responsibility with the Government's fiscal policies. There is little he can do if there are challenges on the convergence of both policies.

I never said anything about the government's fiscal policy (tax & spending), his stringent monetary policies are responsible for the high interest rates in the country and partly to blame for the low value of the Naira.

Intelligent- Possibly,  but "most intelligent"?-  Please, I won't buy that in a million years!!
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by phreakabit(m): 12:59pm On Dec 21, 2011
[size=14pt]@OP I can't agree or disagree with you. . .  I however can say something which I know is absolutely correct : You are probably one of the dumbest persons in Nigeria. Even Albert Einstein couldn't lay claims to being the most intelligent in his time. Quit being proof that evolution can go in reverse![/size]
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by enemaralph: 1:26pm On Dec 21, 2011
No doubt he is, in comparison with the leader figure we have in Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by Kx: 1:27pm On Dec 21, 2011
enemaralph:

No doubt he is, in comparison with the leader figure we have in Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

Good point
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by Sagamite(m): 1:29pm On Dec 21, 2011
hustla242:

I would argue that Soludo is just as Intelligent if not more,

Soludo is a criminal. I know that personally.

hustla242:

Bloody hell, I would argue that I am just as intelligent as he is, he's made some schoolboy errors.

Explain the schoolboy errors.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by Joey82(m): 1:30pm On Dec 21, 2011
well, for those of u saying sanusi is not the most intelligent nigerian now, u may as well tell us who in your opinion is the most intelligent.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by hustla242: 1:41pm On Dec 21, 2011
Sagamite:

Soludo is a criminal. I know that personally.

Explain the schoolboy errors.

Making a case for Islamic banking during a very volatile period, surely there are more pressing issues. Secondly and even more importantly, going into the European market at an uncertain time economically in the Euro zone. The yield on those bonds hit a record low a couple of months ago.

Also, receiving petro-dollar income, converting to Naira and disbursing to tiers of government, and hoarding the dollar. Ofcourse printing Naira is going to cause excess liquidity in the system (you don't need to be a genius to know that), then you have to tighten the yoke around people's neck even tighter- as if it wasn't tight enough. Shall I go on?

You're saying Soludo is a criminal and SLS has clean hands?? C'mon be real
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by Sagamite(m): 1:51pm On Dec 21, 2011
hustla242:

Making a case for Islamic banking during a very volatile period, surely there are more pressing issues.

And so?

What has Islamic banking got to do with your life?

Why should he pander to the lunacy, illiteracy and ignorance of others over a very simple issue?

You think the avenue to bank in a way acceptable to the 50m+ Muslims of Nigeria's religious belief is not a pressing issue?

hustla242:

Secondly and even more importantly, going into the European market at an uncertain time economically in the Euro zone. The yield on those bonds hit a record low a couple of months ago.

Explain to me the scenario and aims of the idea?

Then provide me with the options.

hustla242:

Also, receiving petro-dollar income, converting to Naira and disbursing to tiers of government, and hoarding the dollar. Ofcourse printing Naira is going to cause excess liquidity in the system (you don't need to be a genius to know that), then you have to tighten the yoke around people's neck even tighter- as if it wasn't tight enough. Shall I go on?

Who determines if money is to be disbursed to tiers of Government? The CBN governor?

hustla242:

You're saying Soludo is a criminal and SLS has clean hands?? C'mon be real

Do you have any reports of SLS criminality?
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by Godmann(m): 2:00pm On Dec 21, 2011
Most people don't get the message.

Sanusi is an intelligent guy but no way near a genius. People like Soludo approaches Genius. But Sanusi is bold and honest to a very large extent, probably owing to his background.

Sanusi does not give much damn about material acquisition like most of his contemporaries, and that stands him out.

As for the IMF madam calling him, the most intelligent Nigeria, it is all to message his ego. Have you guys not noticed the number of awards they have been pouring on him? Have also not noticed that he has changed his political ideology slightly to be in less conflict with the west. They see him as an obstacle, and the West I know, will first apply diplomacy to win him over. If he does not yield, they will blackmail him and can even go to the extent of killing him. I believe they will be digging up any mess on him right now with which to pull him down if he refuses to bend. I know his phones must be constantly wire-tapped. That is the ways of the West. Try to understand the fate of Idiagbon when Obasanjo tried to involve him in his government. The West know what happened to the guy. Those poison cannot be bought over the counter any where in the world. Only the CIAs, M16s of this world manufacture and deploy them.

But I am happy this morning when I read his comment against the subsidy removal; guess he is rediscovering himself.

But if well managed, can make a good presidential material. BOLD, Good Intelligence, no evidence of corruption dating back to his days in first bank. Strict when it comes to law and principle.

The only weakness is that he may be pro-North, pro-sharia. I really do not know the extent he can go to being neutral when it comes to religious affairs. And I also know that an average clean Northerner will hate the south because the south stinks (I am a southerner from east mind you).
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by Sagamite(m): 2:04pm On Dec 21, 2011
Godman_n:

Most people don't get the message.

Sanusi is an intelligent guy but no way near a genius. People like Soludo approaches Genius. But Sanusi is bold and honest to a very large extent, probably owing to his background.

Knowing book is not intelligence. Ok?

Soludo is no where as intelligent as SLS.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by itiswell1(m): 2:15pm On Dec 21, 2011
Intelligent my foot.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by phreakabit(m): 2:19pm On Dec 21, 2011
Sagamite:

Knowing book is not intelligence. Ok?

Soludo is no where as intelligent as SLS.

Every opinion should have reasons backing them. . . . What is/are your reasons for saying:

1, SLS is a "Genius"

2, Soludo is no where as intelligent as SLS.

3,Soludo is a criminal. I know that personally. (Proof on this one particularly would be much obliged)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe / US GOVT Fayose Allegation On President Buhari's Wife Aisha Was True (photo) / Falana Writes AGF, Demands Prosecution Of ‘Arrested’ 400 Sponsors Of Terrorism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.