Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,278 members, 7,839,383 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! (24933 Views)

In Kumala, Army Kills Boko Haram Members & Recover Weapons (photos) / Pictures Of A Doctor Who Died In The Damaturu Attack / Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by KokoBeware: 9:21pm On Dec 23, 2011
Initially the complain was that Jonathan is afraid to act now its the complain of possible death of civilians but permit me to ask, are Boko haram members not civilians? [b]Even if they are called millitants [/b]do they wear uniform. If your a soldier how will u differentiate btw civilians and Boko harams. Its quite unfortunate that some innocent civilians will be killed but are those civilians truely ignorant of the activities of these terrorists around them? Why have they failed to report them to the appropriate quarters in order to avoid this sort of repercussions?

They are not millitant oooo they are TERRORISTS,
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by manny4life(m): 9:28pm On Dec 23, 2011
*Wilywily:

The information reaching us from Damaturu is that Soldiers that are killing innocent civilians and some members of Boko Haram are mainly of Yoruba tribe.
Why are Yoruba Soldiers killing innocent Boko Harams in faraway Damaturu, is Damaturu now a Yorubaland or what?.
Yoruba Soldiers should stop killing innocent people, Boko Haram did no wrong to Yorubas

Are mainly Yoruba Tribe? I did not know that the Army/Defense department is already divided per ethnic lines?  shocked shocked shocked This is such a slow statement "yoruba's should STOP killing innocent Boko Haram", like seriously, what the heck is wrong with you? Boko Haram will be killed by me "IGBO" who's in the U.S., their terror activities alone has destabilized Nigeria and you're here calling them "INNOCENT" innocent my foot.

Terrorism knows no ethnic boundaries, the sooner that Boko learns that, the better for them. Boko has killed, maimed and put FEAR into millions of Nigerians, threatened concerns from the foreign world, , that alone calls for anyone or anybody to act against them, YET Nigerians were peaceful and you're here spilling rubbish "Yoruba's are killing Innocent Bokos" I dislike tribalism and I try so hard to stay from it, but if this makes me a tribalistic  as/s " YORUBA SOLDIERS HAVE MY SUPPORT". As long as they are killing the right people, I will continue to paray for them. Can I get an Amen, AMEN
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by babsjnr(m): 9:30pm On Dec 23, 2011
@ willy willy u be childish adult.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by coogar: 9:30pm On Dec 23, 2011
manny4life:

Are mainly Yoruba Tribe? I did not know that the Army/Defense department is already divided per ethnic lines?  shocked shocked shocked This is such a slow statement "yoruba's should STOP killing innocent Boko Haram", like seriously, what the heck is wrong with you? Boko Haram will be killed by me "IGBO" who's in the U.S., their terror activities alone has destabilized Nigeria and you're here calling them "INNOCENT" innocent my foot. Terrorism knows no ethnic boundaries, the sooner that Boko learns that, the better for them. Boko has killed, maimed and put FEAR into many, that alone calls for anyone or anybody to act against them, YET Nigerians were peaceful and you're here spilling rubbish "Yoruba's are killing Innocent Bokos" I dislike tribalism and I try so hard to stay from it, but if this makes me a tribalistic  as/s " YORUBA SOLDIERS HAVE MY SUPPORT". As long as they are killing the right people, I will continue to paray for them.

they have my prayers as long as they kill and put the fear of the cross on the inhabitants of the particular village they are attacking.
by now, i expect all the innocent ones to have fled that area. anyone found there is not innocent!
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by member479760: 9:34pm On Dec 23, 2011
"And as is usual in any such encounter, we lost 3 of our soldiers, 7 were wounded but we killed over 50 of their members. They came with sophisticated and heavy weaponry including GPMG’s, SMG’s and bombs but our trained soldiers subdued them”.

The Naija Army are not professional enough, how did you lost 3 soldiers to common Buko Haram? nonsense!

Lets give this job to Blackwater or Redhead and see.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by coogar: 9:39pm On Dec 23, 2011
nakedall:

"And as is usual in any such encounter, we lost 3 of our soldiers, 7 were wounded but we killed over 50 of their members. They came with sophisticated and heavy weaponry including GPMG’s, SMG’s and bombs but our trained soldiers subdued them”.

The Naija Army are not professional enough, how did you lost 3 soldiers to common Buko Haram? nonsense!

Lets give this job to Blackwater or Redhead and see.

america lost 18 soldiers to the somali militia in 1993.
do you know what it takes for soldiers to go to an unfamiliar terrain and fight home-based militants?
you surely dunno about invasion.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by BOMANY: 9:43pm On Dec 23, 2011
The issue is “Are we CIVILISED nation or not?”    Any killing out of the law is absolutely Illegitimate. How I know that those people are really Boko Haram. If they are really Boko Hraram arrest and bring them to court, even if the courst orders to hang them, but not to kill them like this.

All of this started when police killed unanimously and randomly over 600 persons in the North, I am sure that many of their families, relatives and friends became really Boko Haram members
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by AjanleKoko: 9:46pm On Dec 23, 2011
I guessed some innocent mallams just got wasted by the army yet again cry

What a life sad
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by coogar: 9:48pm On Dec 23, 2011
BOMANY:

The issue is “Are we CIVILISED nation or not?”    Any killing out of the law is absolutely Illegitimate. How I know that those people are really Boko Haram. If they are really Boko Hraram arrest and bring them to court, even if the courst orders to hang them, but not to kill them like this.

All of this started when police killed unanimously and randomly over 600 persons in the North, I am sure that many of their families, relatives and friends became really Boko Haram members

you don't arrest suicide bombers, you philistines!!!

the instruction is: shoot to kill - mostly head-shots!
you want to read rights to a man with bombs strapped to his torso? men with r-p-gs should be brought to court?
dang it - i can see a truckload of troglodytes posting this evening.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by jumpmasta(m): 9:55pm On Dec 23, 2011
AjanleKoko:

I guessed some innocent mallams just got wasted by the army yet again cry

What a life sad
And what of those innocent people killed by your boko haram mallams undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by aagarba05(m): 10:11pm On Dec 23, 2011
Let us mind our utterances as the game is yet to be over! Are we yet to realise a bitter fact that there is a state in a state as far as our state in Nigeria is concerned?
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by Princek12(m): 10:16pm On Dec 23, 2011
BOMANY:

Explain how you can arrest people who do not surrender and fire weapons at you?
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by EMANY01(m): 10:17pm On Dec 23, 2011
^^Somepost up there
", Arrest them bring them to court, ".
The most hare brained post on this thread which could happen if you be the one to do the cuffin during the OP.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by nedu210(m): 10:36pm On Dec 23, 2011
GOD dey
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by nikky5(m): 10:37pm On Dec 23, 2011
At last it has happened.The much awaited war between BK and the Nigerian state.Its rather unfortunate that the north did not experience civil war.This will teach them alot of lesson.The killing has not begun and I can assure you that this is order from above.The Nigerian intelligence is fully prepared and working will all the military formations are set for this terrorist war.We shall see who suffers.Good riddance.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by seedord247(m): 10:39pm On Dec 23, 2011
nikky5:

At last it has happened.The much awaited war between BK and the Nigerian state.Its rather unfortunate that the north did not experience civil war.This will teach them alot of lesson.The killing has not begun and I can assure you that this is order from above.The Nigerian intelligence is fully prepared and working will all the military formations are set for this terrorist war.We shall see who suffers.Good riddance.

Seconded.

I wish they can wipe this evil genius Out.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by sheyguy: 10:48pm On Dec 23, 2011
There are no mainly-yoruba-army-men anywhere someone somewhere is only being outrightly stupid. Even a hausa/fulani soldier under heavy attack as claimed will kill any foe in sight.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by DonPhodio: 11:00pm On Dec 23, 2011
We can't really say whether those guys in the picture are boko haram guys. It is not written on forehead.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by noiseless: 11:05pm On Dec 23, 2011
What do you mean by these imbecilic comments, those are your nigerian army ok? Just leave yoruba soldiers out of it you magot.
*Wilywily:

All this killings of innocent Civilians by mainly Yoruba Soldiers is a secret agenda by Yorubas to reduce the population of core Northerners
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by nikky5(m): 11:25pm On Dec 23, 2011
The war in Damaturu am sure code named OPERATION FLUSH OUT will have a spill over effect in other BH states.Right now there will be massive recruitment into BH with foreigners from neighboring northern states getting enlisted.They see it as a holy war against infidels (Nigerian state) who practices western education.The govt will no longer siddon and look anymore because they know who their sponsors are and are afraid to make them public for security reasons.Their sponsors will massively use them next year as the government planned to deregulate the downstream.That will mark the beginning of mother of all revolution on Nigeria and Bh will gain sympathy and support from the aggrieved citizenry.For this purpose the president must keep quiet and watch as event unfold.The war has been declared and every BH is an enemy of the state.Any captured member will now be treated as prisoner of war.In other states the order will be KILL THE BASTARDS!The senate cannot interfere at this stage when one of their members is standing trial for sponsoring the sect.The military will have the full backing of the govt and will deal ruthlessly with THIS sect members.Once they military have this support then killing must continue until the last man standing is killed and sanity is restored.Surely there will be casualties but people living in this troubled areas must flee before getting caught in the cross fire.I wish the military all the best.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by ak47mann(m): 11:26pm On Dec 23, 2011
Nigeria at war cool cool cool
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 23, 2011
nigerian army pls i need u to give me one xmas gift! KILL THEM ALL.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by PointB: 12:01am On Dec 24, 2011
^^
lol. Spartacus season 1,l last episodes:

KILL THEM ALL!
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by charlisco(m): 12:17am On Dec 24, 2011
the Nigeria movie industry are watching, soon a film will be out, called haram boko
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by nikky5(m): 12:19am On Dec 24, 2011
Any moment from now we shall start hearing the scores.The winning side is the shouting side.I will be willing to go and witness this action movie and report back to nairalanders.interested sponsors should pls signify.Its a great fun watching these shootings.I am immuned.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by Bisijohn: 12:23am On Dec 24, 2011
I hope this will not degenerate to civil war in this country. The urgent need now is for the government to quickly call for SNC. We should discuss the basis of co-existence. I hope the military will not capitalise on this, and take-over the government. Time is really running out. Other nations of the world are progressing and we despite our enormous resources we are retrogressing.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by kulgee001(m): 12:26am On Dec 24, 2011
This Soldier man jst dey narrate war film for us jhor, 50 BH members killed in 1 encounter??!! How many d BH pple dem b all in all? I swear una don kill innocent civilians finish. I hear say d area na NEW JERUSALEM, an area dominated by mostly christains, soldiers don kill una brothers n sisters finish una dey here dey jubilate.

Long Live Nigeria!!!
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by humblebee: 12:53am On Dec 24, 2011
*Wilywily:

All this killings of innocent Civilians by mainly Yoruba Soldiers is a secret agenda by Yorubas to reduce the population of core Northerners

whatever u call it, these guys must go down
the same way they've been killing innocent people, you won't see anything wrong with that. you should also comment on our security men that that are dead already
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by BOMANY: 1:17am On Dec 24, 2011
If you read the news you are commenting, first it was said that “The Joint Task Force launched a successful operation” which means the army attacked a place then quoted from the Army Chief that “They (Boko Haram members) came with sophisticated and heavy weaponry …. but our trained soldiers subdued them”
Who attacked whom?!

When the army killed 600 persons claiming they were armed attackers, news photos showed that most of them were shot at their back. The innocent villagers were trying to run for their life from the random gun fire by police.
It was an international scandal so Late Pres. Yaradua had to announce that Nigeria will start investigation on that incident which was just a lie

Being a civilized is a way you choose or deny in your life. It is not a car you drive, cloth you ware or money you spend. It is ethics you believe in even if it is against your will.
That is why we still faaaaaaarrrr away of being civilized nation because inside most of us a part that denies the others’ rights for any reason, religious, ethnic, tribe or even social class.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by cheikh: 2:31am On Dec 24, 2011
Relax101
In the encounter, we over ran their major stronghold and their ammunition site”.

And as is usual in any such encounter, we lost 3 of our soldiers, 7 were wounded but we killed over 50 of their members. They came with sophisticated and heavy weaponry including GPMG’s, SMG’s and bombs but our trained soldiers subdued them”.

@ Do Nigerian soldiers ever capture opponents alive at all? Do they just shoot at anything in sight civilians and so called members of BH? It smacks of extra-judicial killings most especially as we have not admitted that there is a war going on in Nigeria yet. Describing the kind of sophisticated weaponry under the BH arms cache etc is not exactly informative but an attempt at appealing to our inherent prejudice against BH. Also, it's poor propaganda and an attempt to impress the blinkered view of the power mongers. The increased defence annual budget has just been publicised so it has to be justified by any means necessary by invading some obscure place Damaturu in Yobe state and causing more damage than they met. Nigerian soldiers/armed men are notorious of mindless and wanton destruction including massacres.
Are they not taught the basic importance of the art of war -  subtlety, [b]heart and minds [/b]in prosecuting any successful "war"? Are these basic rules simply ignored or that, they do not understand the importance such lessons? If as they claimed that they over ran the place then it follows that perhaps they had the opportunity of capturing some so called members of BH wounded/alive.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by Nobody: 3:02am On Dec 24, 2011
How do Boko Haram members look like? Please, I need helps with explanation here.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by otele(m): 3:07am On Dec 24, 2011
Nigeria will know no peace until all the people who took part in the killing of innocent igbos before during and after the civil war and all those who benefitted from the killing and intimidation of the igbos thereafter all come out and apologize for what they did.

Until then, it will remain one drama after another. It won't matter if it's PDP or AC that rules, it won't matter if it's military or civilian regimes. The nation will keep going down and down and down and down. Corruption, violence, death death death daily.
If its not religious violence, it will be ethnic violence, political violence, etc etc etc. until the blood of the innocent are placated.

Ghana has risen from the dust, Uganda Kenya, Tanzania, all will rise above Nigeria soon. Then Niger republic, chad Sudan etc

So it has been written, and so it is. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wike At RCCG Holy Ghost Rally In Port Harcourt With Adeboye / BREAKING: Tribunal Hears PDP, Atiku’s Application For Inspection Of Election Mat / RE: Appointment As Special Assistant Women Affairs (unmarried)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.