Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,666 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! (24930 Views)

In Kumala, Army Kills Boko Haram Members & Recover Weapons (photos) / Pictures Of A Doctor Who Died In The Damaturu Attack / Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by Litmus: 1:21pm On Dec 24, 2011
maclatunji

In case you don't realize it jookco just openly called for Genocide! If he is not banned for good, I will know that the moderators and owner of this site absolutely do not know what they are doing and I owe nobody an apology for this comment. I cannot believe anybody is dumb enough to post such!

True.

But always bare in mind people on forums are anonymous, people with all sorts of motives are here, some claim they are Nigerians but could be from all sort of nationality, race or gender. People from certain African countries often posts defamatory things about Nigeria while claiming to be Nigerians. Racist organizations do similar things on black sites - there was even a program about this in the UK years ago- so people should be aware. I even knew of a white girl who worked in the east of Nigeria in an animal sanctuary who used to post things on Nigerian sites. If you read her post you would thing she was a nigerian because she had picked up a lot of things.

I think that if you are a Nigerian you should try your hardest not to be goaded into posting bigoted things about another tribe because you read something allegedly posted about your tribe by another alleged Tribe.

Some people may even come here to posts things as a social experiment, project, research, to see how people react to  when  thrown a piece of meat.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by ayusman16(m): 1:32pm On Dec 24, 2011
I think award should be given to willywilly for being the most dumbest poster of the year. Gosh!
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by ocelot2006(m): 1:38pm On Dec 24, 2011
@ ayusman16, seconded.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by BOMANY: 1:49pm On Dec 24, 2011
eridah2007:

Quote from: BOMANY on Yesterday at 08:43:58 PM

The issue is “Are we CIVILISED nation or not?”  Huh  Any killing out of the law is absolutely Illegitimate. How I know that those people are really Boko Haram. [size=13pt][size=13pt][b]If they are really Boko Hraram arrest and bring them to court[/size][/b][/size], even if the courst orders to hang them, but not to kill them like this.

All of this started when police killed unanimously and randomly over 600 persons in the North, I am sure that many of their families, relatives and friends became really Boko Haram members

No mind dat dundi,he never thought of dat.

If the whole GREAT Nigerian army, SSS and The Nigerian Intelligence DO not know how to disarm them arresting even few to question them for more information, THEN the end of this country is closer than our nose. Committing masacres will result only contra massacres and endless chain of bloody violence.

Your uncivilised attitude and brain doesnt change your mistakes into correct ones,  you will still UNCIVILISED no less no more
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by BOMANY: 1:57pm On Dec 24, 2011
alveerah:

@relax101

Out of interest, what particular physical attributes should we be looking for in identifying a member of the boko haram group?

Ask the Failure Intelligence, perhaps will tell you they are looking just for someone to kill who should be northern and Muslim. By the way many here are praising the Task force just becuase they killed Muslims, but when the Task Force does the same in South South you hear another chant, UNCIVILISATION
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by ayusman16(m): 2:31pm On Dec 24, 2011
@Bomany, can u suggest how to disarm BH members that are firing indiscrimately and throwing bombs at you?

When they were killing Christians and burning churches, some foolish people were saying they don't represent Muslims. Now that the law is taking them out -they are now muslims abi? Bunch of foolish people
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by dipo1: 2:34pm On Dec 24, 2011
Right from the beginning of this BH menace, I have always suggested a crackdown like the army just did. It is mind-boggling that some so-called Nigerians think we should try to 'arrest' BH members after all the pictures of bomb killings we have seen. Terrorists are enemies and should be annihilated once identified. (In this case it is reasonable to say anyone found within an area reportedly said to be the BH arsenal is indeed a terrorist)
If it was reasonable to 'arrest' a terrorist then I don't think the US would have gone for an operation to kill Osama Bin Laden as they did.
Terrorists are not to be handled lightly or with any regard and we must take the collateral damage in good fate.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by JimmyBoy1: 3:12pm On Dec 24, 2011
I hope CIA and Mossad are still around to guide these our godogodo's, otherwise we can expect high civilian casulaties.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by OLASODE2K: 4:57pm On Dec 24, 2011
[b][/b][color=#990000][/color]     as much as i wholeheartedly support this sort of heavy crackdowns on boko haram, i am also as concerned of the ability and capability of our forces to be able to both cosistently and coherently deploy the right counter-insurgency strategy & tactics. unfortunately, the most powerful militaries in the world have been defeated consistently by guerillas whose strengths range between 5% and 10%. typical examples are american forces in vietnam, iraq, afghanistan, somalia. russian forces in chenchnya, afghanistan. isreali forces in 2008 lebanon war, palestinian intifadah. i hardly can count any national army which deploys to brutally put down a local and still win the war. back home, we need to follow the experience of rhodesia (now zimbabwe) when fighting insurgency by insulating the insurgents from the rest of the population. if the army is able to drive boko haram from the cities. and keep them in the bush where it would be easily to destroy them with helicopter gunships with minimal civilian casualties. however, the present nigeria military is too ill equipped, ill funded and ill trained to handle such huge strategic operations.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by OLASODE2K: 5:04pm On Dec 24, 2011
the day our army start shamelessly killing civilians, the more defenceless civilians would be driven into boko haram camp. regrettably, nigeria total helicopter fleet cant even cover plateau, borno and yobe in any large scale army operations.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by OLASODE2K: 5:19pm On Dec 24, 2011
If our govt is ever serious about defence, they would have withdrawn our inappropriate alpha jets from sierra leone when it became obvious from south african helicopter armed mercenaries which was very instrumental in defeating the rebels which over fast alpha jets werent. if only 20 HIND gunships were stationed to patrol plateau for a year, we would see the end of the crises there in months. the truth is that our leaders, both civil and military, dont want the crises to end soon.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by OLASODE2K: 5:38pm On Dec 24, 2011
unfortunately, nigeria only has six units of the most armoured and most successful heavy attack gunships. i am sure these six arent too many to be deployed as gunship training platforms.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by noiseless: 6:13pm On Dec 24, 2011
Wrong wrong wrong and wrong,just leave the yoruba soldiers out of it and just for your information if you are one of the boko members,it might help you and them better if you lot just vanish to afghanistan or pakistan.
*Wilywily:

Those soldiers are mostly from Yoruba tribe, what they are doing in Damaturu is a secret agenda of Yorubas to reduce the population of Core Northerners, Yorubas have not forgiven Core North for the annulment of June 12 and the inhumane death of Abiola. All these killings of innocent Northerners is a well calculated action by Yoruba's to deal with them.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by emmatok(m): 7:00pm On Dec 24, 2011
The Army should be very careful with these raid, because it might lead to a serious uprising in the North.

All those religious zealots who are not members of Boko Haram will see it as a war on Islam and will join the battle.

GEJ should tread gently, in-other not to trigger another Northern crisis.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by nikky5(m): 7:15pm On Dec 24, 2011
What is the scores?Definately this is not a Barca nor Man U match.It is battle for the soul and corporate existence of a nation.The emirs and retired generals are watching with keen interest.Are they happy?NO is the answer.Expect a reaction from them very soon for the sake of the brotherhood.Jonathan is a christian and very soon they will begin to say that an infidel or arne pronounced (ar-nay) is killing their people.Once these people start to complain I strongly advise our southern brothers to start moving.The next target will be churches and businessmen.A jihad will then become imminent and am sure you know what that means.They polity will be heated up and Jonathan may become hepless.Looking at the horizon there are ominous signs concerning this country.The north will never support a downstrean deregulation and any attempt to remove fuel subsidy will further spell doom for the country.Candid speaking our nacent democracy is on the precipice.Nothing is working in this country and the people are fast loosing confidence in this government.Nethertheless,BOKO HARAN must be wiped out.How long this battle will last only time shall tell.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by JimmyBoy1: 7:21pm On Dec 24, 2011
@Nikky5 why would the north not support deregulation? And if if they start attaking southerners in the north what do you think will happen to northers leaving in the south? especially those owning oil blocks and various FG concessionary arrangements at strategic locations like at Tin Can ,Apapa Wharf, Onne sea ports,
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by BERNIMOORE: 7:43pm On Dec 24, 2011
I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THIS THREAD,and interestingly,IM WATCHING HOW THIS PARTICULAR TOPIC WILL PASS THE LITMUS TEST;TRIBAL,RELIGION,and POLITICAL PARTIES differencies,by the time these three are introduced thoroughly in this thread,there will be divisions,and you will be surprised at how people view crime,THAT A CRIMINAL CEASE TO BE A CRIMINAL IF HE BELONGS TO THESE THREE ABOVE, im sorry thats just to show that we are not united in our aspirations in this country and insincere,JUST WATCH THE DRAMA.then, if we are not united,how do you expect change?
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by nikky5(m): 7:49pm On Dec 24, 2011
I understand their mentality because I have live among them for over twenty years in the past.Come to think of it which past government has successfully deregulated?Not even Obasanjo the northern favourite.How many reprisal killings have we recorded in the south as a result of wanton killing and destruction of lives and property of southerners?This is a new Nigeria indeed.Wait and see in the next one week.We have a weak government that cannot guarantee the security of the life of its citizenry.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by emmatok(m): 8:30pm On Dec 24, 2011
@nikky5,

Some Nigerians do not know how these Northerners reason .

GEJ should start calling them and making cosultation or else these Northerners will make Nigeria ungovernable.

As i am typing Soldier and Policemen are part of the casualties of that raid.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by riodray: 8:35pm On Dec 24, 2011
This is a pure lie.Because,those killed in that 'battle' where not the 'Bokos'but, the innocent civilians,the police and the army.But if at-all the 'Bokos' also suffered casualties(which i haven't confirm),then it's not up to that figure.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by nikky5(m): 10:13pm On Dec 24, 2011
Jonathan I understand is a weakling and has his fears.It will be too dangerous for the govt to be on the defensive with deregulation and threats of revolution in he offing.The presidency can no longer sleep.There is palpable anxiety everywhere.Nigeria is almost turning into a failed state.The state security machinery in conjunction with our foreign friends are putting heads together to bury this boko wahala.Am sure the Americans and Israelis may be involved.Can't u see that these boko bastards are fanning the ember of national disintegration and inviting the military.Definitely there will be casualties on both sides.But for every one Nigerian soldier that dies I can assure you that 20 of boko haram must pay for it.Its a war and there is no going back.The govt is in support and that is why the presidency has kept mum.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by BERNIMOORE: 11:59pm On Dec 24, 2011
@Emmatok
WHO ARE THE NORTHERNERS YOU TRY TO ELABORATE,MAYBE YOU NEED TO ENLIGHTEN ME MORE,ARE THEY TRULY NIGERIAN? MAYBE ITS TRIBAL, OR POLITICAL,BUT MY GRUDGE IS THAT WHY WOULD A WHOLE PRESIDENT SHOULD RELEGATE AND START CONSULTING THEM OUT OF FEAR? OR MAYBE YOU THINK WHEN SOMEONE IS KIND AND GENTLE LIKE JONATHAN,YOU START TO THINK THAT SUCH PEOPLE ARE GULLIBLE,WEAK AND CAN BE TOSSED ABOUT LIKE WIND ON NYLON,YOU ARE WRONG BECAUSE THEY CAN BE WORSE,SO GET YOUR SELF STRAIGHT HERE AND NOT CONFUSING. DO THE SO CALLED NORTHERNETS WANT TO LIVE DECENTLY AS HUMANS?AND IF NOT why will someone be begged to live decently if he chooses to live indecently.CAN YOU SAVE US THOSE FEARS YOU JUST EXHIBITED? if you choose to live among them,its your buz.and it should not be nigerians problem.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by BERNIMOORE: 12:22am On Dec 25, 2011
IF SOMEONE CHOOSE NOT TO LIVE DECENTLY,THEN IT SHOULD NOT BE AT THE EXPENSE OF THE DECENT ONES.ITS NOT BY FORCE, IF CIVILIANS WERE KILLED,THEN LET THEIR FAMILIES PROTEST,AND NOT SOMEONE CONFUSING US.EVERY ONE MUST REPORT ACTIVITIES OF HUDLUMS TO THE AUTHORITIES,THROUGH PHONE NUMBERS,SEND TEXT MESSAGES.BUT IF YOU KEEP QUIET,THEN YOU HAVE NOT HELP THEM THEN DONT START CRYING ON THIS PAGE.
@ NICKKY
WHILE YOU ADMITED IN YOUR STATEMENT THAT ITS ONLY 20 BK KILLED BUT IF YOU COULD RECOGNISE UP TO 20 BK,MY QUESTION IS WHY DONT YOU REPORT THEIR ACTIVITIES TO THE POLICE ON SMS TO SAVE CIVILIANS YOU CLAIMED TO BE INVOLVED?WHY ARE YOU SILLENT FOR 20YRS,
SOMEONE CHALLENGED YOU GUYS TO PRODCE A WAY OUT OF THIS BUT YOU DODGE THE QUESTION.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by efisher(m): 12:26am On Dec 25, 2011
The carrots they were given to eat were rejected. Now its time to use the stick. Nobody should be complaining now. They brought it on themselves. I don't even think they've seen anything yet. We need to completely annihilate every person, animal or thing that has anything to do with this cancerous bunch. angry
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by BERNIMOORE: 12:49am On Dec 25, 2011
i ask,can someone choose to benefit from the fundamental human right CHOOSE TO ALSO BE LIVING LIKE ANIMALS?
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by emmatok(m): 12:50am On Dec 25, 2011
BERNIMOORE:

@Emmatok
WHO ARE THE NORTHERNERS YOU TRY TO ELABORATE,MAYBE YOU NEED TO ENLIGHTEN ME MORE,ARE THEY TRULY NIGERIAN? MAYBE ITS TRIBAL, OR POLITICAL,BUT MY GRUDGE IS THAT WHY WOULD A  WHOLE PRESIDENT SHOULD RELEGATE AND START CONSULTING THEM OUT OF FEAR? OR MAYBE YOU THINK WHEN SOMEONE IS KIND AND GENTLE LIKE JONATHAN,YOU START TO THINK THAT SUCH PEOPLE ARE GULLIBLE,WEAK AND CAN BE TOSSED ABOUT LIKE WIND ON NYLON,YOU ARE WRONG BECAUSE THEY CAN BE WORSE,SO GET YOUR SELF STRAIGHT HERE AND NOT CONFUSING. DO THE SO CALLED NORTHERNETS  WANT TO LIVE DECENTLY AS HUMANS?AND IF NOT why will someone be begged to live decently if he chooses  to live indecently.CAN YOU SAVE US THOSE FEARS YOU JUST EXHIBITED? if you choose to live among them,its your buz.and it should not be nigerians problem.

LOL,

And When did i typed  i live in the North,

When the-same Northerners declared Sharia in their states what did OBJ do.Noting.

Nigeria has never been a unified country from the beginning , every action taken by a leader will always be viewed another way by other ethnic groups.

No President can maintain peace in the country without the support of all the ethic and religious group.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by BERNIMOORE: 1:51am On Dec 25, 2011
[b]I ONLY QUOTED NIKKY'S STATEMENT ' WHO SAID THAT HE LIVED IN THE NORTH FOR 20 YRS,READ IT ABOVE,BUT IN YOUR OWN CASE,WHY DO YOU THINK AN ETHNIC GROUP MUST BE PAMPERED TO GET THEIRSELVES RIGHT,THE SHARIA ISSUE YOU MENTIONED,ARE YOU THERE?, PLS MENTION A NOTABLE IMPORTANT FIGURE JUST ONE THAT THE SHARIA HAS INDICTED, ,ONLY HELPLESS ONES WHO DOESNT KNOW THEIR RIGHT HAND FROM LEFT ARE INDICTED.their womens were often raped by the wealthy and influencial among them but they deny,and note the sharia law 'only recognises strong evidence for indictment.so when someone denies and smart about his evil intention limiting the witness around to gain imformation on him he is innocent unless PROVEN OTHERWISE by other parties.unfortunately,the raped women who eventually confess to being raped are hereby jailed,yes,jailed because they admited to have committed a crime prohibited by the sharia law,and the funny part is that until a solid witness testifies against the culprit or the person that realy rapes but denies,the offender is INNOCENT,YES,INNOCENT.so who is fooling who? out of 50 yrs from independence till date,the NORTH RULED FOR 37 YRS LEAVING JUST 13 FOR THE SOUTH.THEY CONTROL BILLIONS OF THIS COUNTRY FOR GOOD 37 YRS.BUT UNFORTUNATELY CHOOSE TO BREED THE ''ALMAJIRIIS'' STARK ILLITERATE RUNNING INTO MILLIONS IN THEIR STATE, WHILE THE SOUTH ARE EITHER EDUCATED OR SKILLED to survive. so where are the billions in their care, from Tafawa Balewa to Gowon to Murtala to Buhari to Babangida to abacha to abdulsalami? so if they choose that criminal course MUST WE RELEGATE TO THEIR CAPRICES AS COWARDS? NO SIR,IF ANY NORTHERNER WANT PEACE HE SHOULD WORK BY IT,BUT IF THEY CHOOSE VIOLENCE,OH.IT TAKES IRON TO CUT IRON,SO LETS RISE UP TO THE OCCASSION. [/b]
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by Nobody: 3:29am On Dec 25, 2011
why would any citizen of nigeria carry sophisticated weapons such as s-m-g and smart bombs to fight the nigerian army?
does it matter if they are boko-haram or soko-param?

My brother I tire oo
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by Nobody: 5:36am On Dec 25, 2011
our leader r trying to crush Boko-aram because they might join the revolution in january

I waited patiently for one foolish comment and it came at last grin grin weldone o oga mi
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by igboboy1(m): 5:39am On Dec 25, 2011
[size=14pt]was alj harem one of the BH members deleted?[/size]
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by Nobody: 5:41am On Dec 25, 2011
please wipe the entire Hausa people in the north, they are animals in human formula, please wipe them out brother Ihejirika

When mumu talk you no go need prophet to interpret before u understand! na wa to u angry angry
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by sniperwolf(m): 7:23am On Dec 25, 2011
I'll be happy to see Army annihilate the entire Boko Haram sect

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'Mama A, Wifey': Fani-Kayode As His Wife Precious Steps Out Looking Stunning / BREAKING: Tribunal Hears PDP, Atiku’s Application For Inspection Of Election Mat / Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.