Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,361 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

I Am In Love With Someone I Have Never Met. Is This Normal? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am In Love With Someone I Have Never Met. Is This Normal? (3268 Views)

I Need Ideas On How To Forget Someone I Love Dearly. / Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? / Can You Fall For Someone You've Never Met? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am In Love With Someone I Have Never Met. Is This Normal? by nuffindome(f): 6:36pm On Dec 24, 2011
I have fallen in love with someone whom I went to school with, we never spoke in school, and after 6 years we reconnected on facebook, and he barely remembered me, and I barely remembered him, anyways long story short, we reconnected and the fire is burning like crazy. We live in 2 different continents, I love him like words can't explain, I truly feel like I have found my soul mate. Could this be too good to be true? We meet for the first time sometimes this Xmas. Cold feet, anxious, Any suggestions on how this will unfold, Yes I love this guy a lot, and the feelings are mutual, we talk at least 3 hours/day, considering the time difference, we really connect. How will this work?, I'm extremely excited, anxious, and words cant explain how beautiful the day we meet will be,
Your 4 cents will be appreciated on what will happen when I set my eyes on this man that has truly stolen my heart,
Re: I Am In Love With Someone I Have Never Met. Is This Normal? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 24, 2011
[size=40pt]one nite stand in the making[/size]
Re: I Am In Love With Someone I Have Never Met. Is This Normal? by nuffindome(f): 6:48pm On Dec 24, 2011
Yea right, not all men think like that you know,
Re: I Am In Love With Someone I Have Never Met. Is This Normal? by seedord247(m): 6:58pm On Dec 24, 2011
OP i Guess you are in naija and the Guy in question is in either UK or USA. . . .?
Re: I Am In Love With Someone I Have Never Met. Is This Normal? by nuffindome(f): 7:01pm On Dec 24, 2011
Nah, other way around, I live in USA, and he lives in the UK,
Re: I Am In Love With Someone I Have Never Met. Is This Normal? by nchez: 7:14pm On Dec 24, 2011
My suggestion is to go with the flow and see where it goes. You just need to keep an open mind and hope that he does the same. I wish you the best.
Re: I Am In Love With Someone I Have Never Met. Is This Normal? by nuffindome(f): 7:24pm On Dec 24, 2011
Thanks. I hope so. The connection is just really crazy. I just wonder how real this is, that's all, open minded or not. We will be meeting at my parents here in the USA, so you never know, we are going to be good kids, no hanky panky, mama and papa are watching, embarassed tongue
Re: I Am In Love With Someone I Have Never Met. Is This Normal? by fateavon4u(f): 7:34pm On Dec 24, 2011
Pls hold urself very well abeg!!!!!!!!.i no hw diffcult it is to find a reasonable dude across d shore bt u hv b very careful nd b very watchful.dnt except 2 much frm d guy cos he cld just b in it 4 d fun.let tins take its course.remember no Bleep on d 1st date, lmao.,, just kidding, try 2 hv fun nd dnt read 2 much meaning into everytin.
Re: I Am In Love With Someone I Have Never Met. Is This Normal? by slimyem: 7:36pm On Dec 24, 2011
be yourself,balance your hopes,relax, and see how it all goes.goodluck!
Re: I Am In Love With Someone I Have Never Met. Is This Normal? by nuffindome(f): 7:47pm On Dec 24, 2011
yea, my dad is a cop, so yea, fingers crossed and eyes opened.We will keep things under control. He's just visiting the US, and he will stop by my place for brunch or something sometimes on the 27th, so it's not like he's staying in my house or anything, nah nah nah, my parents are like really strict,
Re: I Am In Love With Someone I Have Never Met. Is This Normal? by Orikinla(m): 2:03am On Dec 25, 2011
You are in lust and not in love. It happened to a popular babe in the Romance Section and when we met she was just too excited to have S-E-X and we had it for four hours. But she later found out that she was in lust and not in love. Just use your intellect when following your heart and not powered by your animal instinct.
Re: I Am In Love With Someone I Have Never Met. Is This Normal? by nuffindome(f): 2:22am On Dec 25, 2011
Oro agba thanks Orikinla, Thanks for that, the whole thing is definitely confusing, Could u say I love you to someone you faintly remember and someone you barely know, Once we meet, def no xxxx involved, we can revisit the relationship over again I guess, but I wonder why i think abt him a lot, I also wonder why he says he thinks about me a lot too, is someone lying?
Re: I Am In Love With Someone I Have Never Met. Is This Normal? by lepasharon(f): 3:02am On Dec 25, 2011
you dont love you DESIRE him
Re: I Am In Love With Someone I Have Never Met. Is This Normal? by nuffindome(f): 3:09am On Dec 25, 2011
@ Lepasharon, Is that good or bad, when u love someone, u see them in ur future, i see this guy in my future, I picture us together, obviously we have to go thru the dating game and all, for some reason, he connects to my soul, and he tells me the same as well,, one of us has to do the move, and he's more than willing to do the move to be with me, he has a decent job and a nice flat and am established life in the UK, For him to take the initiative to do the move, is that still love or lust, I'm confused as shit right now, I swear,
Re: I Am In Love With Someone I Have Never Met. Is This Normal? by Nobody: 3:44am On Dec 25, 2011
love and lust are not the same things.

i need ppl to understand that. seriously.
Re: I Am In Love With Someone I Have Never Met. Is This Normal? by iice(f): 5:35am On Dec 25, 2011
lol @ talk for 3hrs.

Yes you can love someone you have never met. But the love is love for another human. It can only graduate to something more when you meet. Physical chemistry and all that jazz.
Re: I Am In Love With Someone I Have Never Met. Is This Normal? by mashnino(m): 9:53am On Dec 25, 2011
Criously i suggest you reduce your addiction to him and reduce the number of hours you talk on the phone cos very soon you guys will get bored and the only thing you will keep doing is fyt all week long and reminisce on how happy you guys were wen u both started,

from personal xperience
Re: I Am In Love With Someone I Have Never Met. Is This Normal? by Mynd44: 11:20pm On Dec 25, 2011
Somebody is about to be punny robbed
Re: I Am In Love With Someone I Have Never Met. Is This Normal? by lailaiwala: 3:01am On Dec 26, 2011
OP,

girl, don't let anybody rob you of your joy!  who knows the guy more? you or the bitter immature people you're asking? you think the guy will agree to come to your house and meet your policeman father if he has bad intentions? men have feelings too, you know. they fall in love too just like women do. don't ruin a good thing with self-doubt and paranoia. be happy. i am happy for both of you.
Re: I Am In Love With Someone I Have Never Met. Is This Normal? by Ranoscky(m): 3:40am On Dec 26, 2011
Been there, done that and STILL in the game. FAR more better than the ex's I met physicaly before the r/ship started. Infact, by His [God] grace, she definitely WILL be the mother of ma unborn children! She never fails to visit durin wkends. To crown it all, she just left my hauz for work, few hours ago. NO BIG DEAL!!! Op, he might be the one, who knows?
Re: I Am In Love With Someone I Have Never Met. Is This Normal? by Dunddy(m): 10:33am On Dec 26, 2011
It could be an exciting feeling but before you conclude you are in love, meet with the guy physically. spend some time together. a lotta people can be cosmetic. show yourselves the real yous and mutually conclude.
Re: I Am In Love With Someone I Have Never Met. Is This Normal? by Exponental(m): 11:06am On Dec 26, 2011
Titanic was a meeting point 4 Jack n Rose. Garden of eden 4 Adam n Eve, Nairaland 4 some., take facebook as urs.
Best of luck!
Re: I Am In Love With Someone I Have Never Met. Is This Normal? by nuffindome(f): 12:56pm On Dec 26, 2011
Thanks guys. I'm still trying to decipher the difference between lust and love. Correct me if I'm wrong, Love is when u want someone to be very happy and wish them nothing but the very best. I feel that love is more permanent and lust is tempoary. I pray that every good thing happens to him in life. He's become part of my everyday prayer schedule. I honestly doubt if that's lust.

Again, i need some clarifications, Any guy who calls u, let's u in his world via Google Video and spends approx. 3 hours a day talking to you isn't playing around. I honestly doubt that, he's willing to meet my parents without hesitation, I still can't figure what his hidden agenda will be. My dad ran a background check on him, and it came out clean. (, Dad trying to protect his not-so little girl cry). Somedays I sit down and ask myself, is this really lust?, I'm also confused, but yea when we meet I'm sure i can figure out how real this is, and take it from there.

I can't believe I meet him in about 24 hours, that's just crazy, we have Been talking consistently for about 8 months, and finally meeting him is just really driving me gaga right now, i cant even sleep, someone pls tell me to go to sleep, cry kiss
Re: I Am In Love With Someone I Have Never Met. Is This Normal? by Ranoscky(m): 1:01pm On Dec 26, 2011
^ Go to sleep.
Re: I Am In Love With Someone I Have Never Met. Is This Normal? by mobf: 1:26pm On Dec 26, 2011
quote author=Mynd_44 link=topic=831955.msg9834416#msg9834416 date=1324851638]
Somebody is about to be punny robbed
[quote][/quote]
grin
OP you def need to slow down, just go easy with the flow
Re: I Am In Love With Someone I Have Never Met. Is This Normal? by isalegan2: 2:44pm On Dec 26, 2011
You are on the road to a great 2012.  Don't worry; be happy.  smiley
Re: I Am In Love With Someone I Have Never Met. Is This Normal? by tellwisdom: 3:04pm On Dec 26, 2011
The loff wey u get for am na chaki chan
Re: I Am In Love With Someone I Have Never Met. Is This Normal? by Kslib(m): 4:57pm On Dec 26, 2011
op!Well,Your kind of feeling sounds genuine and special.It's definately not lust,so you what it is then!
Re: I Am In Love With Someone I Have Never Met. Is This Normal? by Ranoscky(m): 2:29am On Dec 27, 2011
tellwisdom:

The  loff wey u get for am na chaki chan
Lol
Re: I Am In Love With Someone I Have Never Met. Is This Normal? by kaysy(m): 4:22pm On Dec 27, 2011
@OP
u'r just coming up, we have hav these sort of feelings before and has calmed down. i think u just have to do wateva u think is right for u all with a view of making u have the experience, if i say no with the degree of love u have for him now ur mind might just be telling u that am a devil, and if i say yes u'l see me as the best person so far. So in my candid opinion, u just have to do wateva nature brings across so as to have that thick experience we talk about. i believe u'l learn more from there and know the right thing to do later.

Just wish urs works out fine cos 90% of these sort of relationship doesn work anywhere close to reality.
Re: I Am In Love With Someone I Have Never Met. Is This Normal? by nuffindome(f): 11:29pm On Dec 27, 2011
Thanks a lot guys, Comments appreciated.
I have 1 hour 45 mins more to meet him at the airport, hopefully no flight delays,
As soon we have dinner tonight, I'll come back here to give yáll some updates, He will probably be very tired to do any kind of talking at all, Yes I'm an extremely anxious young lady, been looking forward to this day like 4ever, and Yes I can't breath, that's how excited I'm, judge me for all u want, this guy rocks my boat, I hope I am not disappointed, Love u guys, and thanks
Re: I Am In Love With Someone I Have Never Met. Is This Normal? by apoti(m): 10:40pm On Jun 28, 2012
nuffindome: Thanks a lot guys, Comments appreciated.
I have 1 hour 45 mins more to meet him at the airport, hopefully no flight delays,
As soon we have dinner tonight, I'll come back here to give yáll some updates, He will probably be very tired to do any kind of talking at all, Yes I'm an extremely anxious young lady, been looking forward to this day like 4ever, and Yes I can't breath, that's how excited I'm, judge me for all u want, this guy rocks my boat, I hope I am not disappointed, Love u guys, and thanks

You forgot to give us the update you promised wink it's over 6 months now though but how did the meeting go?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Living In Different States With Your Spouse. My Experience, What Do I Do? / How To Know A Witch On Facebook / My Pains.... My Regrets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.