Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,881 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1010) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1618112 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1007) (1008) (1009) (1010) (1011) (1012) (1013) ... (2200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:06pm On Jun 18, 2018
I don't get Boston. You have Hayward, Irving coming of long-term injuries and you want to add Kawhi (long term injury) to the mix and potentially lose your younger and cheaper core who look like the cream of the East already. Unbelievable!!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 5:44pm On Jun 18, 2018
A40:
That's moot! He sha had help.

E say dive? That was a clear pen bro let it go. Someone didn't tell Sensini to not perform WWE/gidigbo moves in the box. That Argentine team was rubbish and it would have been a slap on the face to the gods of soccer had Argentina won that cup.

Did they even create any chance? They were playing for a penalty shootout from the start of the game. I'd say Caniggia made more crucial contributions in that tourney than Maradona did.

Portugal won the Finals without Ronnie but his goals were why they even got past the Group stage for starters.

Ronaldo leading Madrid to 4 CL's in 5 years is not legendary? A team that didn't sniff the Finals in 12 years. Is it beans to be top CL scorer for 6 seasons straight?

He had help but He was practically a one man Mopol. Mexico 86 AKA Maradona 86 will never be equalled.

That team was utter shyte with Armando being their saving grace. He still guided to the Finals. Take Him out and their tournament would have ended much earlier(vs Brazil).

Maradona's performance vs Brazil alone was worth more than Cannigia's overall contribution in that tournament. Probably did not deserve it but they stood a chance all thanks to one Diego.

Nani contributed as much as Ronaldo in the group stages and heck portugal did not need Him to lift trophy. He was a no show and they won.

2 of those 4 finals, Bale stole the show whilst Ramos stole the show in anothee one. Mara would have loved to play with players of that Calibre.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:21pm On Jun 18, 2018
chic2pimp:

He had help but He was practically a one man Mopol. Mexico 86 AKA Maradona 86 will never be equalled.

That team was utter shyte with Armando being their saving grace. He still guided to the Finals. Take Him out and their tournament would have ended much earlier(vs Brazil).

Maradona's performance vs Brazil alone was worth more than Cannigia's overall contribution in that tournament. Probably did not deserve it but they stood a chance all thanks to one Diego.

Nani contributed as much as Ronaldo in the group stages and heck portugal did not need Him to lift trophy. He was a no show and they won.

2 of those 4 finals, Bale stole the show whilst Ramos stole the show in anothee one. Mara would have loved to play with players of that Calibre.
You can't be talking of one man show with guys like Valdano, Burruchaga and Ruggeri chipping in. I agree Maradona had one of the best showings anyway. Garrincha in 62 would have something to say about that.

As for Italia 90. Are we going to skip the group stage where he did precious little? Quarters and semifinals nko? Discarding Caniggia's input screams bias to me.

Factoid: The two games Cannigia did not play Argentina lost.

Contributed as much not more. Keywords 'as much' whether they needed him or not is moot! They don't get to the Finals without him

Who carried Madrid to those Finals? Abi do they just hold their nose and appear in Finals like Rent-a-ghost
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:12am On Jun 19, 2018
Puma is taking aggressive steps in re-entering the NBA market. First, they sign potential number 1 draft pick, D. Ayton, and sure 1st round pick M. Bagley to lucrative shoe deals. Now, they have appointed Jay Z president of Puma basketball. I don't think anyone is unseating Nike in the near future but I think Puma can push Under Amour to the sidelines for the crumbs that fall off the Nike and to some extent, Adidas table. Outside signing Curry, Under Armour have been underwhelming in the NBA market.

Good luck Puma.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:09am On Jun 19, 2018
B. Trotz pulls a Zidane on the Capitals by resigning as coach of the Capitals just days after winning the Stanley Cup.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 9:32am On Jun 19, 2018
Roland17:
Outside signing Curry, Under Armour have been underwhelming in the NBA market

Na why Curry no wan leave that company

He's chewing those people heavily....
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:49pm On Jun 19, 2018
Happy 40th to the Fadeaway god. Few people have ever influenced the game like he has

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:03am On Jun 21, 2018
Kevin mchale at a trump rally. Thank Gos this dude is not coaching rockets anymore. Smh

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 11:34am On Jun 21, 2018
birdman:
Kevin mchale at a trump rally. Thank Gos this dude is not coaching rockets anymore. Smh
have got to ask ?
does his political leaning suddenly change the kind of person he is.
mchale na cool dude. we have years of his interaction with people in the league to prove this.
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 12:10pm On Jun 21, 2018
SIRcumalot:

have got to ask ?
mchale na cool dude. we have years of his interaction with people in the league to prove this.

Yes it does.

Trump is out there separating little kids from their parents and anyone who supports him support his views.

I can assure you, his coaching gig in the NBA is certainly over.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:09pm On Jun 21, 2018
SIRcumalot:

have got to ask ?

The NBA is a very progressive league with liberal views and this is buttressed by the freedom the players have in expressing themselves about social justice and equality.
The financial and fan base growth that the NBA has enjoyed since Silver took over is because of the massive sponsorship from companies who have progressive views and this narrative is pushed by the liberal media. The NBA is a totally different breed and the ratings have skyrocketed more than that of the NFL.

K.Mchale may find it very difficult to land another coaching gig in a progressive league like the NBA if he continues to openly associate himself with Trump. Players and coaches have openly condemned Trump and it may lead to a divided locker room considering the ration of African Americans/ Blacks in each team.

The NBA is run by the players union and by extension the players and you can see how they successfully bargained luxurious contracts and benefits for the players. Compare that to the NFL, where the league is run by the commissioner and owners who hold a strong grip on the activities of the league including the players union.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 1:37pm On Jun 21, 2018
Roland17:

The NBA is a very progressive league with liberal views and this is buttressed by the freedom the players have in expressing themselves about social justice and equality.
The financial and fan base growth that the NBA has enjoyed since Sterling took over is because of the massive sponsorship from companies who have progressive views and this narrative is pushed by the liberal media. The NBA is a totally different breed and the ratings have skyrocketed more than that of the NFL.

K.Mchale may find it very difficult to land another coaching gig in a progressive league like the NBA if he continues to openly associate himself with Trump. Players and coaches have openly condemned Trump and it may lead to a divided locker room considering the ration of African Americans/ Blacks in each team.

The NBA is run by the players union and by extension the players and you can see how they successfully bargained luxurious contracts and benefits for the players. Compare that to the NFL, where the league is run by the commissioner and owners who hold a strong grip on the activities of the league including the players union.
I think the NBA is still run by the team owners which mostly consist of old white conservative rich people who are mostly likely republicans. Hell! LeBron for all his attack on trump we forget that in 2016,after the ship,his team owner hosted the Republican Party and trump.

I think his coaching days are done anyway as long as this doesn't affect his TV appearnces and commentary.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 1:43pm On Jun 21, 2018
donlittle25:

Yes it does.

Trump is out there separating little kids from their parents and anyone who supports him support his views.

I can assure you, his coaching gig in the NBA is certainly over.
You shouldn't be black balled because of who you voted for it is not proper.
One may vote for a politician and not support all his policies.
How would you feel if you were discriminated against because of who you voted for ?
I can't claim to know more about white people politics than you guys that are actually citizens,but from my point of view this isn't right.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:11pm On Jun 21, 2018
SIRcumalot:

You shouldn't be black balled because of who you voted for it is not proper.
One may vote for a politician and not support all his policies.
How would you feel if you were discriminated against because of who you voted for ?
I can't claim to know more about white people politics from you guys that are actually citizens,but from my point of view this isn't right.

Absolutely, I don't like the fact that players/ coaches are being black balled because of their political beliefs. Sadly, even the conservative rich owners of the NBA teams you mentioned can not wield their powers like their counterparts in the NFL because of the huge amount of influence the players have in the league. Infact, former Clippers owner D. Sterling was forced out of the NBA by the liberal media, fans and the players. The NBA commissioner had no choice than to force a sale. You know that would never happen in the NFL and that is the difference.

The NBA is greatly influenced by the views of the liberal media and the owners wants financial benefit which they are enjoying greatly. Have you noticed no team in the NBA is speaking of selling ownership after the Rockets and the Clippers? Its because the owners are content with the financial benefit and not bothered about controlling the league.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 7:49pm On Jun 21, 2018
I smell Dwight Howard to the warriors grin The rich about to get richer.
The guy is about going ring chasing.
Can't join the Houston or potential Lakers super team because of past incidents.
Celtics have all horford.

Warriors definitely in pole position grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:29pm On Jun 21, 2018
etidy:
Can't join the Houston or potential Lakers super team because of past incidents.

Lmao!!! Pole postion Bruh!!! F1 fan?? Chai!! Next season go sweet fa. Get rid of Zaza and let McGee play backup..

But, these are just speculations though..

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 10:11pm On Jun 21, 2018
SmooshCHN:
Lmao!!! Pole postion Bruh!!! F1 fan?? Chai!! Next season go sweet fa. Get rid of Zaza and let McGee play backup..

But, these are just speculations though..
If the warriors get Dwight and a couple of back up shooters, the league should just forget it, its over for another year. The warriors need to go in for him because they will need his rim protection against whatever beast lebron is creating.

Yeah big f1 fan, Ferrari lover. Fucking Mercedes are like the warriors of f1.

Meanwhile Bleep you pop, thanks for being a jerk by standing in the way of the laker super team.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:40pm On Jun 21, 2018
etidy:

I mean if LeNomad can do it then why not Dwight? Let's see if they can get him on a veteran minimum and more importantly if he would not be a locker room cancer and bring bad vibes. Any player on his 4th team in 5 years is obviously doing something wrong
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:43pm On Jun 21, 2018
birdman:
Was probably dragged there by his wife who I heard is an insufferable Trump fan
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:16am On Jun 22, 2018
#1 draft pick DeAndre Ayton. Looks like a solid pick though his defense is suspect based on what I've seen

Interesting too that the Mavs essentially traded Young for Doncic. I'm very particular about how Doncic fares especially as a European with no NCAA experience. He has the size and passing to be really good at his position, hopefully he can chase that dud Harrison Barnes away

Also want to see how Bamba performs. Dude has the wingspan of a velociraptor and looks like a defensive beast
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:14pm On Jun 23, 2018
I love it when dads are very proactive in a sons future. But Im feelibg some type of way about Lavar Ball. If Liangelo stayed in college, he probably gets drafted another year. I feel like his pops just ruined his career for selfish reasons cry

To be honest, shoplifting didnt help his case
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:04pm On Jun 23, 2018
birdman:
I love it when dads are very proactive in a sons future. But Im feelibg some type of way about Lavar Ball. If Liangelo stayed in college, he probably gets drafted another year. I feel like his pops just ruined his career for selfish reasons cry

Lol the man is obnoxious, those boys better get a new agent before he ruins their careers! They are not talented enough for teams to overlook their drama

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:27pm On Jun 23, 2018
birdman:

In my opinion, Li Angelo is not talented enough to play in the NBA, he may end up in the G-League or Europe but as far as an NBA roster? I am not sure. I am not even sold on Lonzo yet, he needs to make a lot of adjustment with his shot mechanics and pace. The only Ball brother with the potential of holding an NBA place will be LaMelo because he is a flat-out scorer, however, much will depend on how many teams are willing to deal with LaVar.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 10:29pm On Jun 23, 2018
He's not even 25% certain he'll play at the summer league.

I'm looking forward to how MP Jnr will react to his draft decline this coming season...
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 11:06pm On Jun 23, 2018
Roland17:

In my opinion, Li Angelo is not talented enough to play in the NBA, he may end up in the G-League or Europe but as far as an NBA roster? I am not sure. I am not even sold on Lonzo yet, he needs to make a lot of adjustment with his shot mechanics and pace. The only Ball brother with the potential of holding an NBA place will be LaMelo because he is a flat-out scorer, however, much will depend on how many teams are willing to deal with LaVar.
If Gelo knew he wasn’t this good, why on earth did he withdraw from NCAA?

I hope the man did not ruin the kids career.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:38pm On Jun 23, 2018
Spurs don't wanna trade Kawhi to any team out West especially LA

You gotta wonder where Kawhi would end up and how much that team would be willing to give up for a rental
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:12am On Jun 24, 2018
Finally d hardware will get to harden on Monday night
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 12:13am On Jun 24, 2018
A40:
Spurs don't wanna trade Kawhi to any team out West especially LA

You gotta wonder where Kawhi would end up and how much that team would be willing to give up for a rental
Understandable, but I think spurs should trade him to the place were they can get the best offer which is L.A.

Get all those picks that you can get and young players from LA and move on.

The top power in the West is GSW and Houston and I don’t think that is changing anytime soon.

Will Lebron come to LA to play with kawhi? Yes sure. Will he come if LA can’t put any talent around him and Kawhi? It remains to be seen.

Are we sure Kawhi can even stay healthy?
I they watch sha.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:20am On Jun 24, 2018
donlittle25:
Understandable, but I think spurs should trade him to the place were they can get the best offer which is L.A.

Get all those picks that you can get and young players from LA and move on.

The top power in the West is GSW and Houston and I don’t think that is changing anytime soon.

Will Lebron come to LA to play with kawhi? Yes sure. Will he come if LA can’t put any talent around him and Kawhi? It remains to be seen.

Are we sure Kawhi can even stay healthy?
I they watch sha.
I get the Spurs and their last act of defiance but they would do well to learn from the IT situation. I'm surprised the young core of Ball, Ingram and Kuzma just for Kawhi does not intrigue them.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:32am On Jun 24, 2018
A40:
I get the Spurs and their last act of defiance but they would do well to learn from the IT situation. I'm surprised the young core of Ball, Ingram and Kuzma just for Kawhi does not intrigue them.

Spurs have been winning so long, they think they are the celtics. Or knicks. Or lakers. If they handle this kawhi situation wrong, they may find themselves bottom feeders in the west for a long time. Lets see how classy an organization can be if it misses the post season.

If they cant get lebron, i think its time for pops to call it a night. The man paid his dues. Time to rest and enjoy his accolades
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:33am On Jun 24, 2018
Melo on twitter right now grin
Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 8:00am On Jun 24, 2018
A40:
That's moot! He sha had help.

E say dive? That was a clear pen bro let it go. Someone didn't tell Sensini to not perform WWE/gidigbo moves in the box. That Argentine team was rubbish and it would have been a slap on the face to the gods of soccer had Argentina won that cup.

Did they even create any chance? They were playing for a penalty shootout from the start of the game. I'd say Caniggia made more crucial contributions in that tourney than Maradona did.

Portugal won the Finals without Ronnie but his goals were why they even got past the Group stage for starters.

Ronaldo leading Madrid to 4 CL's in 5 years is not legendary? A team that didn't sniff the Finals in 12 years. Is it beans to be top CL scorer for 6 seasons straight?

Caniggia was the best Argentine player in Italia 90 not Maradona.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1007) (1008) (1009) (1010) (1011) (1012) (1013) ... (2200) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.