Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1011) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1632880 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1008) (1009) (1010) (1011) (1012) (1013) (1014) ... (2216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:42am On Jun 24, 2018
afrodoc2:

Caniggia was the best Argentine player in Italia 90 not Maradona.
Don't mind chic2pimp. Even though that Argentine team was arguably the worst World cup finalist you would ever see it was clear from the collection of dross that Caniggia was the best Argentina offered
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:04am On Jun 24, 2018
birdman:

Spurs have been winning so long, they think they are the celtics. Or knicks. Or lakers. If they handle this kawhi situation wrong, they may find themselves bottom feeders in the west for a long time. Lets see how classy an organization can be if it misses the post season.

If they cant get lebron, i think its time for pops to call it a night. The man paid his dues. Time to rest and enjoy his accolades
That's my issue. I think they are being overtly emotional rather than look to teams that can give them the best assets regardless of their conference.

They are a small market team and the allure to the team is Pop. Once he leaves it would be even tougher to draw quality FA, so on one hand I can see why they want to hold on to their MVP candidate and former DPOY. On the other hand you're risking a player who could bide his time and leave for nothing next summer! and you have no guarantee he would even be productive this year as he might not be fully recovered

Let's see if they get LeNomad. That might extend Pop's career for a few years
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:47am On Jun 26, 2018
27 mill next to rock d bench. U mad? Lol. Somebori in oklahoma go assault dis guy like joke like joke
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 2:12am On Jun 26, 2018
Spyda still dey do this rubbish thing, even on the award day...
If Simmons win the thing, I go like make the cameraman show hin face...

Amateur much?
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 2:34am On Jun 26, 2018
He deserves to lose with this outfit

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 2:47am On Jun 26, 2018
They still gave Casey this award undecided

Smh...
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:00am On Jun 26, 2018
Congrats to J. Harden, well deserved. He just needs a championship to come full circle.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 4:09am On Jun 26, 2018
Bruh

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by kenturkish(m): 7:26am On Jun 26, 2018
donlittle25:
Bruh
Imagine if OKC held on to this three. Multiple championships
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:29am On Jun 26, 2018
All the award winners pretty predictable. On to Free Agency
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 3:55pm On Jun 29, 2018
Yes! Lebron opts out of cavs deal and enter free agency. That eliminates the rockets from the running, Now it's either Lakers or Philadelphia.
He's definitely joining Purple and Gold grin

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by darkelf: 4:37pm On Jun 29, 2018
Heard somewhere that Magic Johnson is targeting the trip of LeBron, Paul George and Kawhibut I feel that might take them over their salary capunless these new guys are willing to take ahuge pay-cut for the sake of a possible championship.

But, if history is anything to go by, getting a super team wouldn't always guarantee a championship.

Just take a look at OKC. Couldn't go past the first round.

Dudes need to start playing for each other and not just unnecessarily pad their individual stats.

By the way, I'm quite new here guys. Hope this thread is quite entertaining.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:29pm On Jun 29, 2018
etidy:
Yes! Lebron opts out of cavs deal and enter free agency. That eliminates the rockets from the running, Now it's either Lakers or Philadelphia.
He's definitely joining Purple and Gold grin
Had he opted in then it could have also meant a possible trade was in the works. As it stands Cleveland still have an outside shot.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:31pm On Jun 29, 2018
darkelf:
Heard somewhere that Magic Johnson is targeting the trip of LeBron, Paul George and Kawhibut I feel that might take them over their salary capunless these new guys are willing to take ahuge pay-cut for the sake of a possible championship.

But, if history is anything to go by, getting a super team wouldn't always guarantee a championship.

Dudes need to start playing for each other and not just unnecessarily pad their individual stats.

Going over the cap doesn't really matter as the Lakers have more than enough to clear
any luxury tax bill.

It all boils down to Kawhi and George as well. Its possible they have some under G pact as they are both from LA

Stylistically it would be very interesting to see how all 3 fit in a team. George and James are about the same height with Kawhi only an inch shorter. They all play Small Forward by default so they would be a very unique team

Welcome

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 5:44pm On Jun 29, 2018
A40:
Had he opted in then it could have also meant a possible trade was in the works. As it stands Cleveland still have an outside shot.

That shot is a long one, I just don't see lebron staying back at Cleveland.
Ultimately this move just ensures the warriors still comes out from the west. Houston is not beating the warriors especially if the warriors are more healthy and hungrier next season to get the three peat. Also the warriors would revamp their back up roster.
OKC is not just good enough even with PG and they are capped out already.
Lakers with Kwahi, Lebron and PG will be a problem especially if they can get cheap vets to fill in the gaps, but I don't see The spurs sending kwahi there.

If lebron joins the Sixer's, then Sixers Vs Celtics will be a bloodbath
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:58pm On Jun 29, 2018
darkelf:

It really depends on the level of commitment among the players in the super team. If the players do not have long term ambitions to play together, the assembly will more than likely fail. You have to consider that each of these free agents have unique financial situations. Take for example OKC, the un-certainties surrounding George's long term commitment was a factor in my opinion last season and it was buttressed after Robertson went down. He almost seemed uninterested during the post season. It is the same situation right now as he has opted out. The assembly in Miami was successful because the players involved showed some long term commitment to each other. The Warriors are relatively different because the core of the team were drafted but you can see how much sacrifice and long term commitment Durant has shown the other guys which creates a comfort level for everyone. Super teams need at least 2-3 years playing together with full commitment and not the distraction of contract situations.

Welcome.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 5:58pm On Jun 29, 2018
Leonard, PG13 and bron on the same team seem like a very ugly fit. Too many overlapping sphere of expertise. If the goal na to beat the warriors i don't see how.

Plus I don't low key think any superstar would want to play with Bron again the spot light too dey bright and rarely ever shows said star good side.

I think he stays in Cleveland and takes the supermax.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 6:07pm On Jun 29, 2018
Supermax and then what? grin

Philadelphia may end up getting kwahi and Celtics are gonna be healthy and more matured.
Lebron can't take that cavs team to the finals again. Who are the tradeable asset? Let's see ..hmm Kevin love? grin what will that fetch grin
Even if he beats the Celtics and Sixer's, the warriors will still sweep that cavs team in the finals. Mehn! Staying back at the cavs is a lose-lose at least if he leaves he's stands a better chance
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 12:29am On Jun 30, 2018
etidy:
Supermax and then what? grin

Philadelphia may end up getting kwahi and Celtics are gonna be healthy and more matured.
Lebron can't take that cavs team to the finals again. Who are the tradeable asset? Let's see ..hmm Kevin love? grin what will that fetch grin
Even if he beats the Celtics and Sixer's, the warriors will still sweep that cavs team in the finals. Mehn! Staying back at the cavs is a lose-lose at least if he leaves he's stands a better chance
Not if he wins another regular Season MVP. That is a more realistic goal than gunning after the warriors for the fifth time.
If he pulls off a similar performance like this last season own in the coming season,with a few more wins the league go give am the title.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:22pm On Jun 30, 2018
LeNomad gone LeNomad

Re: The NBA Begins by BykeLaByke: 12:28am On Jul 01, 2018
Arghhhhhhh.....Lebron coming to LA to play with a once in a generation talent,Lonzo Ball.

I love this game. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:02am On Jul 01, 2018
A40:

Cleveland has no shot imo. The personal animus between lebron and dan gilbert have peaked
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 2:28am On Jul 01, 2018
Can't believe Paul George will re sign with OKC. This dude is worse than KD. How do you turn down the opportunity to play in LA with lebron with a young talented team & cap flexibility. Mehn Paul is a weakling, he can't face the pressure of playing with the king under the bright lights and scrutiny of LA.
At least KD was man enough to face the music, George is such a a weakling. angry
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 6:53am On Jul 01, 2018
Let me just this here

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 10:09am On Jul 01, 2018
ipledge10:
Let me just this here

PG13 has a better chance of reaching the finals with Bron than with Melo or that other guy that takes 25 shots a game only to make 10...
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 10:15am On Jul 01, 2018
And so free agency begins...

Belinelli doesn't know what he wants. He's playing for comfort.

Ariza sef don tissue. Not really a core component, so Rockets are still good to go...

Who knows if CP3 max get player option?

Every other player except Bron and trading Kawhi no concern us again. Let the craze begin...
Re: The NBA Begins by BykeLaByke: 11:53am On Jul 01, 2018
Lmaoooooooooooooooo....Paul George,what a bïtch.

Donovan Mitchell's bïtch. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 12:33pm On Jul 01, 2018
BykeLaByke:
Lmaoooooooooooooooo....Paul George,what a bïtch.

Donovan Mitchell's bïtch. lipsrsealed
grin mehn I was heartbroken. The most horrible decision you can think of.
Okc ain't beating Gsw, Rockets and and new Orleans.
They will struggle against Utah and a rapidly improving Denver. They don't even have flexibility to make big moves this year.
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 1:24pm On Jul 01, 2018
Chris Paul, 4 years 160 million
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 3:11pm On Jul 01, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:06pm On Jul 01, 2018
birdman:

Cleveland has no shot imo. The personal animus between lebron and dan gilbert have peaked
You might be right. I suspect Philly his destination.

Omo your Rockets don enter one chance. Ariza has bolted to the Suns and that 4yr/ $160m wey una give CP3 would handicap y'all for a while
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:13pm On Jul 01, 2018
etidy:
Can't believe Paul George will re sign with OKC. This dude is worse than KD. How do you turn down the opportunity to play in LA with lebron with a young talented team & cap flexibility. Mehn Paul is a weakling, he can't face the pressure of playing with the king under the bright lights and scrutiny of LA.
At least KD was man enough to face the music, George is such a a weakling. angry
Not everybody wants to play with LeNomad, who takes all the glory when his team wins while his teammates take the stick when they lose. You need to realize this.

Plus LeNomad with his nomadic tendencies would make players a bit wary of hitching their wagon.

I can't shake this nagging feeling that one of Green/KD or Klay would eventually leave as GSW can't pay 4 players max

(1) (2) (3) ... (1008) (1009) (1010) (1011) (1012) (1013) (1014) ... (2216) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.