Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1626898 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (2208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:10pm On Oct 31, 2015
I made the league public, and one more person joined. im finalizing the teams now. Draft is in about 2 hours!
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:41pm On Oct 31, 2015
drafts u. see yall Monday
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:14am On Nov 01, 2015
birdman:
*In McCain's voice* friends,... we need a few more t sign up. Draft is this Saturday cheesy
I don't use Yahoo bro. What's it gonna be?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:22am On Nov 01, 2015
James Harden better drop that Kardashian girl fast. Humphries, Reggie Bush, Odom are a list of athletes they have ruined

Is it me or does Steph Curry look even better this year

Donlittle:
I am suprised we could not get 10 people to register for the bball fantasy league nor could this thread get pushes to the front page. Thats babaric as i thought a lot of folks in 9ja already started watching bball. We have a long way to go.
Great initiative but for folks like me that don't use yahoo which way?
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 4:00am On Nov 01, 2015
I missed the draft. oh well, I'll have to manage what i've got.

Do i have to move players to bench if they are not playing on the day or is this calculated weekly? Not used yahoo fantasy league before

Birman,looks like i am playing against you this week. hmmm, Remember me grin grin grin grin grin grin

Just looked at your team.That's a strong team you got there
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 12:38pm On Nov 01, 2015
A40:
James Harden better drop that Kardashian girl fast. Humphries, Reggie Bush, Odom are a list of athletes they have ruined

The MVP race for this year should be very tough.
Hopefully no injuries.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:50pm On Nov 01, 2015
Skywalker5:
I missed the draft. oh well, I'll have to manage what i've got.

Do i have to move players to bench if they are not playing on the day or is this calculated weekly? Not used yahoo fantasy league before

Birman,looks like i am playing against you this week. hmmm, Remember me grin grin grin grin grin grin

Just looked at your team.That's a strong team you got there

its calculated daily. I usually pre-arrange for the whole week, and change stuff if something comes up. As for week 1, I aim to do damage tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:53pm On Nov 01, 2015
A40:

i dont use yahoo anymore either. I opened a new account just for fantasy nba. bros we were looking for you all this time cry
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:57pm On Nov 01, 2015
A40:

Add Kanye and caitlyn to that list shocked shocked shocked. The Kardashains always seem to bring out "stuff" from every man they meet. So Rockets are not getting to the finals this year grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:58pm On Nov 01, 2015
birdman:

i dont use yahoo anymore either. I opened a new account just for fantasy nba. bros we were looking for you all this time cry
Can't one join subsequent weeks like fantasy soccer?
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:04pm On Nov 01, 2015
A40:

Can't one join subsequent weeks like fantasy soccer?

once drafted, the teams are locked for the season
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 01, 2015
what are the rules regarding trading players on this thing?
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 10:40pm On Nov 01, 2015
The Spurs are not playing well. The defense is great but our offense is not so hot. But then again we are up 44-31

Where is Roland17?
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 11:03pm On Nov 01, 2015
Our offense is annoying!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 11:35pm On Nov 01, 2015
Missed the draft too...gotta work with what I gat, ill have to learn on the job o..i neva do dis yahoo fantasy b4..but it sure looks like fun grin --
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 11:53pm On Nov 01, 2015
Ginobili eh!!!
Comment reserved cos he is old
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:11am On Nov 02, 2015
Mynd44:
The Spurs are not playing well. The defense is great but our offense is not so hot. But then again we are up 44-31

Where is Roland17?

I watched this game disgusted with the result, I felt like we deserved to win the game, we hanged around and kept scores at single digits but found taking over a huge problem, Spurs were not exactly terrific tonight but their experience was evident, players like David lee, Sulinger have to really step up offensively.

Perimeter/ jump shooting has remained a problem as we are over reliant on point guards doing the scoring, but again it's still a very young team.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 12:24am On Nov 02, 2015
Roland17:

I watched this game disgusted with the result, I felt like we deserved to win the game, we hanged around and kept scores at single digits but found taking over a huge problem, Spurs were not exactly terrific tonight but their experience was evident, players like David lee, Sulinger have to really step up offensively.

Perimeter/ jump shooting has remained a problem as we are over reliant on point guards doing the scoring, but again it's still a very young team.

I was disgusted too. I believe the Celtics ought to win...the Spurs played really bad offense unlike Boston. But then experience helped us and Aldridge came up big.

Hopefully both teams will work on this and improve
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:29am On Nov 02, 2015
my cousin said okc will win it all, i really wanted to slap the Bleep out of him.

okc will beat spurs, lac, and GS in a seven game series?

my friend also said chicago will beat cleveland in a seven gane series, i said, dude i dont like lebron, but he is coming back to the finals again, to lose to the west though

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 9:47am On Nov 02, 2015
fasten ur belts cos this is going 2b a long season
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:25pm On Nov 02, 2015
Donlittle:
my cousin said okc will win it all, i really wanted to slap the Bleep out of him.

okc will beat spurs, lac, and GS in a seven game series?

my friend also said chicago will beat cleveland in a seven gane series, i said, dude i dont like lebron, but he is coming back to the finals again, to lose to the west though

Your cousin's perspective is quite debatable to be candid, have you watched the Thunders recently? That team looks like it's out for revenge or a missing treasure..If those Men stay healthy until post season they would definitely be a threat to any team in the NBA..they would defeat the Spurs, there is nothing spectacular about the Spurs this season, in fact from the end of last season they struggled with their offense and this season they have not impressed and don't argue with me it's still early, the Spurs would need a whole season or two to figure out the Aldridge situation.

The clippers shoot themselves in the foot every season and with the crop of players they have in their roaster it is inevitable they would get knocked out in the second round, I don't see them getting to the finals, their offense is too predictable, has always been and in the playoffs it gets exposed when the game slows down and half cour basketball takes place..Don't even get me started on DJ.

The warriors are the only legitimate team in the West in my opinion that can contend with a healthy Thunder and a match up can swing anywhere.

So you might want to rethink your idea about the Thunder

The success of Cleaveland this season would rest on the health of LBJ as its obvious age has caught up with his back and his minutes and aggressiveness would deminish this season, would Chicago take advantage of that? that is left to be seen as they have looked disjointed this season on offense, but if any team would Challeneg LBJ and the Cavs it has to be the Bulls.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 3:14pm On Nov 02, 2015
I agree with Roland17 but then again the Thunders have this habit of disappointing me. I have them in my list though.

I am watching
Clippers
Thunders
Warriois
And for sentimental reason Spurs to win the west

As for the east, please just hand it to the Cavs already as long as other options apart from Lebron stays healthy
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 5:41pm On Nov 02, 2015
I dont bliv dis OKC team can win d championship cos they've got no second team players, all their stars are in d first team. I think for a team to win d championship there must be a bench DAT contributes.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 6:05pm On Nov 02, 2015
Killrhymz:
I dont bliv dis OKC team can win d championship cos they've got no second team players, all their stars are in d first team. I think for a team to win d championship there must be a bench DAT contributes.
They have got Kanter and anthony morrow on the bench they will be fine.

Though I think the Clippers are coming out from the west this year DOC recruited well in free agency.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:52pm On Nov 02, 2015
I like OKC but they just don't play enough defence and it could be fatal in the playoffs

Steph Curry looks better than last year and if Draymond Green and Klay Thompson continue being two-way forces its hard to rule out a repeat. They have climbed the mountain, remained intact and possess the best chemistry. Its easier to win back to backs in the NBA than any other american sport
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:32am On Nov 03, 2015
A40:
I like OKC but they just don't play enough defence and it could be fatal in the playoffs

Steph Curry looks better than last year and if Draymond Green and Klay Thompson continue being two-way forces its hard to rule out a repeat. They have climbed the mountain, remained intact and possess the best chemistry. Its easier to win back to backs in the NBA than any other american sport
its remind me of dallas, if cuban didnt break up that team, i felt they could have gone deep in the playoffs, might not have won it, but would have challenged
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:21am On Nov 03, 2015
A40:

Warriors had no injuries to major players going into the playoffs, and got help even from perennially injured players like Bogut and Lee. If anyone in the top 8, even Iggy or Green goes down, I dont see them even getting out of the West. Why? Curry can, and will be stopped for 2 reasons.

1. They managed to go thru the west last year without Curry encountering any of the pesky point guards ala the annoying Patrick Beverly for the rockets, Westbrook who makes the opposing PG feel his presence, or the crafty CP3 that reads players and consistently steals the ball. Even Mike Conley, a much slower PG caused Curry to have to reset his game in Round 2.

2. Curry is an amazing 3 point shooter, but when you do run the percentages, those off balance, quick pop-off 3 pointers are lower percentage for Curry. This is not surrising, but couple this fact with having one starter injured, and the game gets tighter for Curry because there isnt enough firepower to spread the floor effectively.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 8:03am On Nov 03, 2015
birdman:
1. They managed to go thru the west last year without Curry encountering any of the pesky point guards ala the annoying Patrick Beverly for the rockets, Westbrook who makes the opposing PG feel his presence, or the crafty CP3 that reads players and consistently steals the ball. Even Mike Conley, a much slower PG caused Curry to have to reset his game in Round 2.

Lmao

Are those the PGS you could come up with?
The same Patrick he played last week?
The CP3 Steph made to sit?
The Mike Conley he limited to 10pts last night?
The only viable player you mentioned was Westbrook being he's more athletic

Well, let me tell you why he's going to make it minus Iguodala or Green.
1) Check his stats last season to the first 4 games this season. He has more +pts when he's on court than any other player on the roaster and without playing most 4th quarters, leaving it to Iguodala and the bench to finish up

2) Other players step up without Green or Iguodala. That's why they're the warriors. When Thompson was missing last finals, Iguodala did. Festus Ezeli even brought his game on Green's off day. The question is who steps up for Curry?

He's even better this season than ever. Thompson and Iguodala has done little to nothing to contribute, just Green.

Throw Iguodala or Green or both, they won't win the championship but definitely will get to the post season

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 8:11am On Nov 03, 2015
^^^ cool
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 9:00am On Nov 03, 2015
coolDecale I concur
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:07am On Nov 04, 2015
Decale:

Lmao

Are those the PGS you could come up with?
The same Patrick he played last week?
The CP3 Steph made to sit?
The Mike Conley he limited to 10pts last night?
The only viable player you mentioned was Westbrook being he's more athletic

Well, let me tell you why he's going to make it minus Iguodala or Green.
1) Check his stats last season to the first 4 games this season. He has more +pts when he's on court than any other player on the roaster and without playing most 4th quarters, leaving it to Iguodala and the bench to finish up

2) Other players step up without Green or Iguodala. That's why they're the warriors. When Thompson was missing last finals, Iguodala did. Festus Ezeli even brought his game on Green's off day. The question is who steps up for Curry?

He's even better this season than ever. Thompson and Iguodala has done little to nothing to contribute, just Green.

Throw Iguodala or Green or both, they won't win the championship but definitely will get to the post season

Ezeli and co had their moments, but that is not the reason they have a 'ship. Role players on the cavaliers had bigger moments and they still went home empty handed. Ultimately, it came down to Curry's ability to knock down the 3s

So we arent even in December yet. Most teams are still trying to settle rotations - no one is breaking sweat on 3 pointers right now. Lets see how those matchups look come December, January

@skywalker how do you have 13 blocks in one night angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:05am On Nov 04, 2015
my only fear with dallas is their ability not to be able to hold on to leads. It has happened so many times, zaza is nice, can get you a double double, but until you find a deandre kind of player, maybe mcgee, to challenge shot in their, we would never be scary. It has happened three years in a row now, and i am getting sick and tired of it. Can not hold onto leads. freaking sucks

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (2208) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Honlucas, FBS and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.