Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,140 members, 7,811,208 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1619918 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 3:03pm On Nov 04, 2015
birdman:

@skywalker how do you have 13 blocks in one night angry

Keep underestimating me. Watch me take over after tonight's game
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:23pm On Nov 04, 2015
I watched another night of disappointment as the Bulls lost scandalously to the Hornets who made 3's rain and scored more bench points that the Bulls bench did in two games..

The gray areas with the Bulls are self created with the development of the roaster and the current attempt to make Butler their number one offensive weapon, I don't care how much improvement a renowned defensive player makes offensively he is not built to be a primary offensive player and the Bulls would always struggle if they are reliant on Butler for offense, his defense is struggling especially perimeter defending as he is now obsessed with making buckets which has has detoriated into attempting stupid and ridiculous jumpers and threes

I am already perceiving a Paul George situation in the making, drafted from college as a perimeter defender who knows his trade but because of injuries to the roaster paul becomes an offensive beast in one season and the next season he comes the ring leader of the offense and now his defense struggles and his offensive numbers are not impressive enough for the sacrifice.

Coach Hoiberg and the Bulls must re establish D. Rose as the primary offense, he has averaged less than 10 points with less playing minutes, they also have a young Doug Mcdemortt in his second season from Creighton who I believe needs some belief, he is a deadly shooter as proven in games thus far and don't forget his record in the NCAA, there is Mitrovic and Gasol also the bench is nearly non existent in games this season.

After two games it's safe to say Noah does not belong to the first team and this is the honest and non biased truth, his defense and rebounding on both boards has been horrible since last year and this year there is no seeming improvement, he is a bad pick and roll player and wants to handle the ball more than his position requires rendering other relevant players redundant and eating up critical space on the court.

The Bulls need a new identity, making Butler a primary offensive option is definitely not it for me and yes Noah after 4 games does not belong in the first team and that is factual.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:07am On Nov 05, 2015
birdman:

Warriors had no injuries to major players going into the playoffs, and got help even from perennially injured players like Bogut and Lee. If anyone in the top 8, even Iggy or Green goes down, I dont see them even getting out of the West. Why? Curry can, and will be stopped for 2 reasons.

1. They managed to go thru the west last year without Curry encountering any of the pesky point guards ala the annoying Patrick Beverly for the rockets, Westbrook who makes the opposing PG feel his presence, or the crafty CP3 that reads players and consistently steals the ball. Even Mike Conley, a much slower PG caused Curry to have to reset his game inĂ  Round 2.

2. Curry is an amazing 3 point shooter, but when you do run the percentages, those off balance, quick pop-off 3 pointers are lower percentage for Curry. This is not surrising, but couple this fact with having one starter injured, and the game gets tighter for Curry because there isnt enough firepower to spread the floor effectively.
See ehn injury is part of the game. If Wade or Bosh or Ray Allen got injured the Heat don't win a championship, if Kawhi or Danny Green gets injured the Spurs don't get their 5th. I'd rather deal with realities on ground

You are seriously overrating Beverley. Thi is the guy who couldn't stop Dame Lillard how on earth can he stop Curry?

Russell Westbrook? Don't make me laugh! That ninja cannot stop Steph. He is hardly a great defender

Chris Paul? You mean the Chris Paul whose ankles he nearly broke abi is there another Chris Paul I don't know about?

Making the odd steal does not make you a great defender. Monta Ellis just like CP3 does that and they regularly get torched.

Curry is the real deal, I have been watching basketball since the early 90's and I have never seen a 3pt shooter like Steph, his release and the fact that unlike Ray Allen he needs little or no space to get off his shot is unreal. A 40 percent 3pt shooter = 60% 2pt shooter. The sheer volume of 3's he takes already puts the competition at a distinct disadvantage
I daresay he has gotten even better this year, I made that observation just last week and so far I have been proven right. Infact Curry has scored 10 more points than Harden and Derrick Rose combined despite taking 50 fewer shots.
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 7:01am On Nov 05, 2015
warriors closing d game out with d small ball after a bad 3rd quarter.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 7:35am On Nov 05, 2015
Killrhymz:
warriors closing d game out with d small ball after a bad 3rd quarter.
Great game,didn't feel like a regular season game at all
Clippers played very well but the warriors (steph 7-11 from 3pts range,barnes with some great plays also) just too good.
Re: The NBA Begins by kingsilly(m): 12:44pm On Nov 06, 2015
A40:

See ehn injury is part of the game. If Wade or Bosh or Ray Allen got injured the Heat don't win a championship, if Kawhi or Danny Green gets injured the Spurs don't get their 5th. I'd rather deal with realities on ground

You are seriously overrating Beverley. Thi is the guy who couldn't stop Dame Lillard how on earth can he stop Curry?

Russell Westbrook? Don't make me laugh! That ninja cannot stop Steph. He is hardly a great defender

Chris Paul? You mean the Chris Paul whose ankles he nearly broke abi is there another Chris Paul I don't know about?

Making the odd steal does not make you a great defender. Monta Ellis just like CP3 does that and they regularly get torched.

Curry is the real deal, I have been watching basketball since the early 90's and I have never seen a 3pt shooter like Steph, his release and the fact that unlike Ray Allen he needs little or no space to get off his shot is unreal. A 40 percent 3pt shooter = 60% 2pt shooter. The sheer volume of 3's he takes already puts the competition at a distinct disadvantage
I daresay he has gotten even better this year, I made that observation just last week and so far I have been proven right. Infact Curry has scored 10 more points than Harden and Derrick Rose combined despite taking 50 fewer shots.

Me self taya for Curry, he's making unbelievable 3's, anyhow you want the shots he's making, deep or even close to 3 point line. His layup's too getting better.
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 7:12pm On Nov 06, 2015
We all need curry grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:11am On Nov 08, 2015
Still looking for that guard that can stop Steph Curry. This guy launches from anywhere at times without his feet even set. You kinda have to just watch and hope he misses
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 9:41am On Nov 08, 2015
Well...where is abifoluwa grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 08, 2015
A40:
Still looking for that guard that can stop Steph Curry. This guy launches from anywhere at times without his feet even set. You kinda have to just watch and hope he misses
Yesterday night I watched that nigga miss 3 point shot after shot
He had a poor night against the Kings but still managed to pour in 24 points and a win in Sacramento
Re: The NBA Begins by Abosi31(m): 3:26pm On Nov 08, 2015
Hello everyone. I'm a big fan of the NBA and it's good to meet fellow fans.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 8:33am On Nov 09, 2015
pistons are on fire dis season watch out 4d piston @warriors ground game.
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 8:34am On Nov 09, 2015
Abosi31:
Hello everyone. I'm a big fan of the NBA and it's good to meet fellow fans.
welcum

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:37am On Nov 10, 2015
ala curry's days are numbered. After i win the league though tongue

joephemzyz:
Well...where is abifoluwa grin

why na? wetim im do u cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 5:13am On Nov 10, 2015
The Spurs are looking pretty good offensively today but then again, the Kings are not the most defensive team and are on 1-6...

The shocker though is how the Timberwolves blew a 34 point lead. They eventually won but still 34 points? Crazy
Re: The NBA Begins by Abosi31(m): 2:31pm On Nov 10, 2015
Mynd44:
The Spurs are looking pretty good offensively today but then again, the Kings are not the most defensive team and are on 1-6...

The shocker though is how the Timberwolves blew a 34 point lead. They eventually won but still 34 points? Crazy
Man I was shocked when I saw the scoreline. And really, Kings have to get back on because I saw their last game and they were horrible.
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 11:59pm On Nov 11, 2015
gsw o a merry rollercoaster ride, ezeli on the rise.........curry is in his establishment stage tho.............isaiah thomas -----king of the paint grin

n who's gonna be the fantasy king?
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 4:19am On Nov 12, 2015
It's almost game time
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:50am On Nov 12, 2015
yo if dallas dont make the playoffs, i wont even be mad fam, as far as we beat the clippers like this
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:39am On Nov 12, 2015
Donlittle:
yo if dallas dont make the playoffs, i wont even be mad fam, as far as we beat the clippers like this

100% in agreement with you, the Mavs can not depend on Dirk to have such nights each time as his minutes are now regulated but in W. Mathews they have an aggressive scorer and I am interested in watching how often R. Carlisle runs this two point guard system with Felton and D. Wills, it was quite successful tonight.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:05am On Nov 12, 2015
Roland17:

100% in agreement with you, the Mavs can not depend on Dirk to have such nights each time as his minutes are now regulated but in W. Mathews they have an aggressive scorer and I am interested in watching how often R. Carlisle runs this two point guard system with Felton and D. Wills, it was quite successful tonight.

I like the emergence of dwight powell to be honest, but i dont know how he will pan out to be in the next 2 - 3 years, hopefully, its a good story, like a paul milsap story, Good Second round picks that became a good player. Cause dirk wont be here for more than 3 seasons, we have to find Good players, and Parsons, well, he is just not going to cut it out for me. I hope he becomes what Cuban thinks he will be, but i just do not see him averaging more than 20PPG and maybe 4 rebounds at most.

If not because dirk is on this team, i would say, lets TANK. but then again, i do not know how deep this years draft is going to be.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 2:38pm On Nov 12, 2015
Kawhi leonard,this guy blows my mind every time I watch him play 20 a game + amazing defence.

How many of you people think the Wolves would be in the playoff this season ?
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 1:02pm On Nov 15, 2015
Ooh KD!! Out..tho minor....responsibilities to Mr. Westbrook, familiar one I must say, he did it last season, hopefully he will shoulder the responsibility efficiently....he leads the league in assists...
Also my fav littlebig guy...isaiah thomas.....real deal people...learning to assist too... grin grin grin grin
Where re the broses on here now...y'all shuld come out o,
Now...I think aldridge's scoring has dipped a bit...or I'm I mistaken?
Where is luscious?
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:34pm On Nov 15, 2015
Donlittle:

i wouldnt count out the mavs just yet. I am intrigued by wha carlisle could do with this group in the west.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:26pm On Nov 15, 2015
joephemzyz:
Ooh KD!! Out..tho minor....responsibilities to Mr. Westbrook, familiar one I must say, he did it last season, hopefully he will shoulder the responsibility efficiently....he leads the league in assists...
Also my fav littlebig guy...isaiah thomas.....real deal people...learning to assist too... grin grin grin grin
Where re the broses on here now...y'all shuld come out o,
Now...I think aldridge's scoring has dipped a bit...or I'm I mistaken?
Where is luscious?

Durant being out and Westbrook picking the slacks is what is troubling for me because the team needs some chemistry to gather momentum and each time one piece is missing it affects the team whenever he comes back because they become used to playing without him, KD is pretty skinny with less muscles around the thighs so I don't anticipate the injury to keep him out for a long time.

Isaiah Thomas has been terrific for us this season, he really worked hard during the off season,mi saw some clips of his training during the summer and it was brutal and the results are evident. Inconsistency has been our (Celtics) problem, one night it's Amir Johnson getting 5 blocks and double double and the next game he goes missing, it's still a young team with potentials but still kissing that consistent scorer especially perimeter scorers.

It was inevitable for Aldridges numbers to dip considering he plays for Popovic whose philosophy is to ball movement, prior to his move to the Spurs I think he preconceived his numbers would depreciate, there are players on the rotation and Popovic loves to rest his players, I think jut would get better especially after Duncan retires...whenever that happens..

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:57am On Nov 17, 2015
The Celtics have won 4/5 games in that streak victories away from the TD Garden in Oklahoma against the Durantless Thunder and tonight against Howard and the Rockets, a lot of adjustments and rotation but some level of consistently, Isaiah Thomas must be making fantasy owners gloat in excitement as he is on fire with double digit scoring and assists, I always believed this team would pan out fine at some point considering the numerous pieces available but I never anticipated this early, interior defense has improved we just need to keep grinding and find some consistency in scoring away from paint and we might surprise ourselves this season.

The Grizzlies made a very important aquisition by getting Chalmers from the Heats, the Grizzlies desperately need to transition into modern basketball and get some perimeter scorers especially three pointers and the trade for Chalmers prove the are slowly seeking a balance between playing old school pound and grind inside the paint with Zibbo and Gasol and modern pact transition basketball with the acquisition of Chlamers who poured 29 points most of them from the three point line, I love the Grizzlies and hope the find that balance.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Darkiamspxi(m): 9:48am On Nov 17, 2015
Thanks to adding me

1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 17, 2015
Roland17:
The Celtics have won 4/5 games in that streak victories away from the TD Garden in Oklahoma against the Durantless Thunder and tonight against Howard and the Rockets, a lot of adjustments and rotation but some level of consistently, Isaiah Thomas must be making fantasy owners gloat in excitement as he is on fire with double digit scoring and assists, I always believed this team would pan out fine at some point considering the numerous pieces available but I never anticipated this early, interior defense has improved we just need to keep grinding and find some consistency in scoring away from paint and we might surprise ourselves this season.

The Grizzlies made a very important aquisition by getting Chalmers from the Heats, the Grizzlies desperately need to transition into modern basketball and get some perimeter scorers especially three pointers and the trade for Chalmers prove the are slowly seeking a balance between playing old school pound and grind inside the paint with Zibbo and Gasol and modern pact transition basketball with the acquisition of Chlamers who poured 29 points most of them from the three point line, I love the Grizzlies and hope the find that balance.
havent watched them this year, but is chalmers starting for them?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:17am On Nov 18, 2015
Donlittle:
havent watched them this year, but is chalmers starting for them?

Chalmers started off the bench but finished the game playing alongside Conley..

Is anyone watching Rondo with the Kings? That man is making Cousins catch fire every night with double assists numbers, no surprises with his current performance, only wish Cousins and Coach K find a way to work their differences.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:42am On Nov 18, 2015
Roland17:

Chalmers started off the bench but finished the game playing alongside Conley..

Is anyone watching Rondo with the Kings? That man is making Cousins catch fire every night with double assists numbers, no surprises with his current performance, only wish Cousins and Coach K find a way to work their differences.
George karl needs to come tf down, and learn how to coach all star caliber players. Cousins might have some attitude, but man which all star doesnt?

I am still mad at rondo for what he did to dallas but dude is a triple double threat everytime he is on the court so i am not suprised.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (2203) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: greypencils

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.