Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,546 members, 7,955,022 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:41 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1720676 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (2277) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 3:39pm On Nov 19, 2015
the rocket are wrong 4 firing mchale
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:25am On Nov 20, 2015
In contrasting styles of play, the Kings lead the league in pace at 103.5 possessions per 48 minutes, while the Heat are 26th in the league at 96.56.

Rajon Rondo leads the league with 97.0 touches per game. Rondo has also recorded a league-leading four triple-doubles already this season.

Despite Rondo's numbers, the Kings have a Net Rating of -6.2 when he is on the court, and +1.4 when he sits. On the contrary, the Kings are 9.4 points worse when DeMarcus Cousins sits. The Kings are 0-4 without Cousins this season, and he has been suspended for this game.
I saw this on NBA.COM and i just have to say, is rondo style of playing ball outdated? I mean 97.0 touches per game? thats a whole lot, yes he fills the stats sheet, but his team is not winning. This might be one of the reasons why him and carlise did not get along.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:33am On Nov 20, 2015
Looks like Golden State are heading for their first L of the season

Let's see what the Chef can cook

Remarkable job Rick Carlisle keeps doing with the Mavs
Re: The NBA Begins by JustKay3(m): 6:21am On Nov 20, 2015
If GSW wins this game,they will go 82-0.Lol.
Re: The NBA Begins by JustKay3(m): 6:25am On Nov 20, 2015
A40:
Looks like Golden State are heading for their first L of the season

Let's see what the Chef can cook

Remarkable job Rick Carlisle keeps doing with the Mavs

Me I'm just amazed by Dirk's form.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:57am On Nov 20, 2015
Clearly i have spoken too soon. What a comeback attempt. CP3 went cold but looks like the Clips have their swagger back
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:58am On Nov 20, 2015
JustKay3:

Me I'm just amazed by Dirk's form.
Ageless wonder.
Re: The NBA Begins by JustKay3(m): 7:12am On Nov 20, 2015
GSW,a team so good it's first team coach taking a chill pill somewhere till play off.Clippers have played extremely well in this game and GSW's played just about OK and still in with a shout
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 7:18am On Nov 20, 2015
Wow, the warriors took the lead. embarrassing for clippers
Re: The NBA Begins by JustKay3(m): 7:22am On Nov 20, 2015
Ok eff it I hate golden state
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:26am On Nov 20, 2015
These guys no dey for sere sere oo.

I still dey wait for the ninja wey go stop Steph Curry as birdman been dey claim
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 9:12am On Nov 20, 2015
Gsw vs Cleveland is the game am really waiting for.
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 10:03am On Nov 20, 2015
GSW looking so good,coming from 23pts down to win the game is really commendable. cool
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:25pm On Nov 20, 2015
Everyone is distracted from the main problem here and that is the Clippers team, I am not exactly sure last night should be about the come back by the Warriors but the lack of discipline by the Clippers which has been a recurring issue..

I have always made my opinion obvious about the Clippers since the assembly ( the trade for CP3, to join DJ and Griffin) and they only buttressed my opinion that they are just a bunch of lazy over-paid players basking in the euphoria of "Show time LA".

I dare anyone to put the blame on Doc Rivers, several sound off were played where he was screaming his lungs out on defending the pick and roll or contesting shots and not wait for after shot rebounds.

Harrison Barnes and D. Green started the come back with consecutive three's and I told my pal the Clippers were losing that game, they went from moving the ball to ISO basketball, trying to match the Warriors jump shooting, once a game transitions into a duel of who makes more jump shots especially from "downtown" no team in the league would defeat the Warriors.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 2:16pm On Nov 20, 2015
Roland17:
Everyone is distracted from the main problem here and that is the Clippers team, I am not exactly sure last night should be about the come back by the Warriors but the lack of discipline by the Clippers which has been a recurring issue..

I have always made my opinion obvious about the Clippers since the assembly ( the trade for CP3, to join DJ and Griffin) and they only buttressed my opinion that they are just a bunch of lazy over-paid players basking in the euphoria of "Show time LA".

I dare anyone to put the blame on Doc Rivers, several sound off were played where he was screaming his lungs out on defending the pick and roll or contesting shots and not wait for after shot rebounds.

Harrison Barnes and D. Green started the come back with consecutive three's and I told my pal the Clippers were losing that game, they went from moving the ball to ISO basketball, trying to match the Warriors jump shooting, once a game transitions into a duel of who makes more jump shots especially from "downtown" no team in the league would defeat the Warriors.

Doc isn't entirely blameless here ? why is crawford and pierce playing that much minutes in this game and why did lance have zero minutes ?
I know lance is crazy but he and rivers could've played better defense that 4th quarter than crawford especially when he is throwing up bricks.
Pierce maybe past it at this point.
Still,I think with reddick the clippers could maybe have won the game.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:32pm On Nov 20, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Doc isn't entirely blameless here ? why is crawford and pierce playing that much minutes in this game and why did lance have zero minutes ?
I know lance is crazy but he and rivers could've played better defense that 4th quarter than crawford especially when he is throwing up bricks.
Pierce maybe past it at this point.
Still,I think with reddick the clippers could maybe have won the game.

Reddick rarely plays fourth quarter basketball with the Clippers, I don't why, but most games I have watched he is never involved in the 4th quarter.

Rivers played most of the second and third and he was not exactly good on defense on the night, Ian Clark mutilated Rivers all through the third quarter and the highlight was when he ran the ball into Clippers paint, he was chased by three Clippers who antiticipated a layup only for him to find a wide open Green for the third quarter buzzer three.

Lance might be an exception but again the fourth is about chemistry, the Clippers have a bunch of players who feel entitled but never work hard enough or stay disciplined enough to win games.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:23pm On Nov 20, 2015
Roland17:

Reddick rarely plays fourth quarter basketball with the Clippers, I don't why, but most games I have watched he is never involved in the 4th quarter.

Rivers played most of the second and third and he was not exactly good on defense on the night, Ian Clark mutilated Rivers all through the third quarter and the highlight was when he ran the ball into Clippers paint, he was chased by three Clippers who antiticipated a layup only for him to find a wide open Green for the third quarter buzzer three.

Lance might be an exception but again the fourth is about chemistry, the Clippers have a bunch of players who feel entitled but never work hard enough or stay disciplined enough to win games.
Reddick doesn't get fourth quarter minutes because doc is in love with Jamal.
When you refer to discipline I assume it in reference to yelling at ref,you know Doc is no saint
Still the season is young but if the clippers don't make the WCF,Doc should be fired.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:31pm On Nov 20, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Reddick doesn't get fourth quarter minutes because doc is in love with Jamal.
When you refer to discipline I assume it in reference to yelling at ref,you know Doc is no saint
Still the season is young but if the clippers don't make the WCF,Doc should be fired.

Shouting and attempting to intimidate officials is only a fraction of their disciplinary shortfalls and yes Doc is a part of that problem but don't forget CP3 believes he is never wrong and knows it all with the calls and that has been his history.

Clippers have issues with sticking to roles and game plan, they easily get distracted with Showtime basketball.

They start off with a game plan which usually centers around CP3 and Blake inside the paint with ball movement, they build up leads but if the opponent challenges the lead they become Ruffled and resort to panic basketball, don't forget last seasons playoff's against the Rockets.

I concur with your sentiments about firing Doc, If Doc gets fired I don't think that would be hard to swallow considering the talent at his disposal compared to his post season numbers with the Clippers.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 20, 2015
two games i really want to watch

Cleveland vs GSW
okc vs GSW

i was telling my cousin GS is so could they could be losing by 20 in the fourth and still win by three because of their ability to shoot the three ball.

dirk is playing amazing basketball, and if he keeps it up till the season ends while dallas is doing remarkably well, his name might pop off in the mvp convo, then again i just dont think he can do this not because he cant but because of age.

i also want carlise to keep reducing his minutes. keep him frsh for playoffs?

so what about the pelicans guys? Alvin gentry faults, front office, or the players arent good enough? i think if carlirse has that Pelicans squad, he would be winning like crazy lol. But then, they are always injured?

Rondo almost got another triple double but his team lost, are we seeing a trend here? too much domination of the ball. The ball has to flow sometimes, seriously.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 20, 2015
Roland17:

Shouting and attempting to intimidate officials is only a fraction of their disciplinary shortfalls and yes Doc is a part of that problem but don't forget CP3 believes he is never wrong and knows it all with the calls and that has been his history.

Clippers have issues with sticking to roles and game plan, they easily get distracted with Showtime basketball.

They start off with a game plan which usually centers around CP3 and Blake inside the paint with ball movement, they build up leads but if the opponent challenges the lead they become Ruffled and resort to panic basketball, don't forget last seasons playoff's against the Rockets.

I concur with your sentiments about firing Doc, If Doc gets fired I don't think that would be hard to swallow considering the talent at his disposal compared to his post season numbers with the Clippers.
This clippers team is so good, i see no reason why they shouldnt win it all, but jordan not being able to knock down free throw will always hunt them in the fourth. He isnt a shaq that will end up with a lot if and one calls. Heck, dude can not even back down in the post and make a move. i think it also affects the clippers. When they start taking out DJ and fouling him in close games, clippers rarely wins. They lose the game plan a little bit, i dont know why. just like the semi finals last year, DJ killed the momentum against the rockets. it sucks, but it is the truth.
Re: The NBA Begins by kingsilly(m): 5:21pm On Nov 20, 2015
GSW is really enjoying each other company, so much fun amongst them.. Winning can't be hard when everyone is in sync..nice game they had earlier today.. Na to order my GSW jersey na remain grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 2:05pm On Nov 22, 2015
Brandon knight's been on fire.......who else is seeing this. grin I think GSW are in beastmode and they can't be stopped until they decide they wanna stop winning grin. Celtics be balling. Of late shocked . Chicago bulls look so confusing when they matchup against marquee teams. PG is back n bouncing cool .
...btw, where is Mr. Richard angry
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:31am On Nov 23, 2015
A40:
These guys no dey for sere sere oo.

I still dey wait for the ninja wey go stop Steph Curry as birdman been dey claim

me sef dey wait. e go happen bros...jus dey watch. Meantime my fantasy team is enjoying ala curry's ride
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:35am On Nov 23, 2015
joephemzyz:
Brandon knight's been on fire.......who else is seeing this. grin I think GSW are in beastmode and they can't be stopped until they decide they wanna stop winning grin. Celtics be balling. Of late shocked . Chicago bulls look so confusing when they matchup against marquee teams. PG is back n bouncing cool .
...btw, where is Mr. Richard angry

bball is first a mind game. the warriors are winning right now because they are in the "God" game mode. It happens. The problem with streaks is, you start making mistakes but loose defensive rotations dont hurt you, bad shots go in, etc..but you dont notice because you are on a roll. When it ends, eventually, you realize you have lost some of your fundamentals and try to get them back. See my Rockets 22 game win streak with TMac/Yao, or the Lakers with Shaq,Kobe,Payton,Malone for reference

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:40am On Nov 23, 2015
Roland17:

you think cp3 is a lazy overpaid player?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:34am On Nov 23, 2015
I wanted to watch this dallas vs okc game to truly try and evaluate dallas. What happens when we play the Golden state, Memphis, Okc of the Nba. It was a very good game, and i think it truly showed that this dallas team is going to be good in the long run even though we lost the game. The dynamics of the game changed once carlirse brought in Javale mcgee in the third quarter, kid couldnt hold the ball, neither could he hit the shot, nor hit his free throws. We lost this game because of the free throws, zaza missing three straight free throw. We should have won this game, but just could not execute down the line.

I DO NOT LIKE JAVALE MCGEE. HE CANT CATCH THE FREAKING BALL, AND HE CAN NOT SHOOT FREE THROWS
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 6:51am On Nov 23, 2015
Lakers will end GSW's streak

tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 2:43pm On Nov 23, 2015
kliq:
Lakers will end GSW's streak

tongue
Lol If we can just get peak kobe for one more game this would be my choice. Make Mamba go for like 60.

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (2277) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.