Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,693 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1626148 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (2208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:00pm On Oct 26, 2015
Rest in Peace Flip Saunders..Wish the cancer was discovered earlier, heck of a coach especially for younger players..
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:17am On Oct 27, 2015
Roland17:
Rest in Peace Flip Saunders..Wish the cancer was discovered earlier, heck of a coach especially for younger players..

ughhh..looks like he passed yesterday. Great loss. Garnett will be hit hard right now sad
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:26am On Oct 27, 2015
birdman:

ughhh..looks like he passed yesterday. Great loss. Garnett will be hit hard right now sad

Probably the hardest hit player about the news, Saunders drafted Garnett 5th overall from high school, primarily responsible for Garnett's return to the wolves..

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:28pm On Oct 27, 2015
Roland17:
Really sad. Was a great coach who didn't always have the best talent
Roland17:
I watched highlights from the Clippers vs Nuggets preseason game and the stupidity of his initial reason to agree with the Mavs became even more glaring, if DJ thinks he would be an integral option of the Clippers offense then he is kidding himself.
The Tristan Thompson situation is one of those instances where the superstars should shut up and allow the front office do their job, Lebron weighing on this issue makes it harder
As for those rating Carlisle above Doc, I would resist the temptation of delving into that argument this early..it's a subjective opinion thus we are all entitled to one, personally the only coach I would rank higher than Doc at this time is of course the old horse with the Spurs..again it's a subjective opinion.
Lebron and Tristan share the same agent. Not hard to tell why the Cavs paid max

Doc Rivers the only coach to lose a series from a 3-1 lead. Twice! Boom!

Roland17:
Really sad. Was a great coach who didn't always have the best talent
Re: The NBA Begins by will007: 9:33pm On Oct 27, 2015
Jerseys of great players

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:16am On Oct 28, 2015
Apart from the NHL, referees in major contact sports like football, NFL and the NBA are primarily responsible for the decline in toughness, it's pretty much becoming a game for softies, I watched the opening night of the NBA between the Bulls and the Cavs and some of the calls were ridiculously soft, these referees have become stars of the night.

It would be interesting to see how rookie coach Hoijberg balances offense with defense in his new team, benching Noah for a more offensive minded Mitrovic is one of the obvious changes, not too many fans are excited about this change but I believe it's a change worth considering, Noah does not provide any offensive threat for the Bulls granted his defense is pretty much the best they have in the roaster especially inside the paint but the Bulls need a new identity offensively if they are to compete for the Eastern conference as the modern game has obviously transitioned.
D.Rose looked decent with 19 points and seemed cautious penetrating, I don't blame him, It's way too early but I am not too sure about the Bulls but if any team would challenge the Cavs it has to be the Bulls.

Same old Cavs, same style..ISO basketball and relying on LBJ to bail them out, he looked slow tonight, age is definitely becoming a factor as his minutes would become restricted but with a deeper bench with newer albeit experienced bench they would definitely be contenders for the East.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 10:51pm On Oct 28, 2015
tean bulls#teamrose.......errm curry spiced em up with 40.....
Re: The NBA Begins by Seamareggae(m): 12:58am On Oct 29, 2015
This Bulls team still need offensive players if they are to beat Cavs come May....

Well.. They have the speed now.. I hope they stay healthy thoo...

Team Lakers... Hoping we becoming contenders from next season...
Re: The NBA Begins by Bhenjie46: 4:10am On Oct 29, 2015
Any recent trade update guys? smiley
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:14am On Oct 29, 2015
This is the best team I have seen play at the TD Gardens since the era of Coach Stevens, there is an obvious balance of experience in recently acquired David Lee, Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Isaiah Thomas and Evan Turner and youth in Marcus Smart, Kelly, Crowder and Sulinger who believe still has a lot of work to do with his weight.

Tonight's game was impressive albeit game one, rebounding which has been a teething problem for the Celtics remains prominent but the effort is quite motivating, I believe the roaster with competition for the center position would produce better numbers in that aspect, offense looked way better than anticipated, very mobile with pace but still shot of that perimeter shooting.

I am very cautious when it comes to expectations for this team but they look good enough for the 7th spot, anything better than that would be an overwhelming success.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:43am On Oct 29, 2015
If you play in the western conference and you watched the Durant play tonight you have to be scared..Durant is the purest and most efficient shooter in the league, he makes it look effortless.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:23am On Oct 29, 2015
I have to say i didnt see that coming from dallas, I want to see more of Anderson, Zaza, and felton, if we are going to get that 7th - 8th seed, carlise has to utilized everyone and rest dirk for the playoffs. A freah dirk in the playoffs will be great.

Westbrook anyone? enough said, Those guys are going to the finals, yeah, i called it here. I dont see anyone beating them in a seven seriea game in the west if theey are both healthy.

Well, Lakers lost. No biggie, i got used to that three years and counting.

Anyone saw porzingis? if you think he wont end up good in this league, u need to shut up lol. Good showing from every top rookies tho. They all did alright.

Man, wesley matthews, I guess the only reason i will be missing ellis every other night is that go to offense he brings. But wes defense on morris, if he plays that kind of offense every day, I will be contented. Didnt even miss parsons at all.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:25am On Oct 29, 2015
Roland17:
If you play in the western conference and you watched the Durant play tonight you have to be scared..Durant is the purest and most efficient shooter in the league, he makes it look effortless.
Durant is a monster, i know he is pissed af, and he wants to ball out this year. Kawhi has a finals mvp, iggy has one, and steph has a ring. They wont touch KD one on one. He is probably saying to himself, i am gonna kill these guys this year. The coach too, i think he knows what he is doing, better than the other guy. I forgot his name. i hated how he just throws kd and russ and tell them to go score. Like draw something up!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:26am On Oct 29, 2015
Roland17:
This is the best team I have seen play at the TD Gardens since the era of Coach Stevens, there is an obvious balance of experience in recently acquired David Lee, Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Isaiah Thomas and Evan Turner and youth in Marcus Smart, Kelly, Crowder and Sulinger who believe still has a lot of work to do with his weight.

Tonight's game was impressive albeit game one, rebounding which has been a teething problem for the Celtics remains prominent but the effort is quite motivating, I believe the roaster with competition for the center position would produce better numbers in that aspect, offense looked way better than anticipated, very mobile with pace but still shot of that perimeter shooting.

I am very cautious when it comes to expectations for this team but they look good enough for the 7th spot, anything better than that would be an overwhelming success.

it is the east though, celtics will make the playoffs no biggie.
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 1:46pm On Oct 29, 2015
cj Mc collum of d trailblazers is hot 37 points really surprised me
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:11am On Oct 30, 2015
Rock Carlisle or doc rivers?

Man, i am going with rick, this guy is too good
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:21am On Oct 30, 2015
Donlittle:
Rock Carlisle or doc rivers?

Man, i am going with rick, this guy is too good

Rick is up there with Larry Brown imo. Doc Rivers credentials is suspect. He gets exposed when he coaches teams that are not deep. Clips this year look more like his type of team tho
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:25am On Oct 30, 2015
*In McCain's voice* friends,... we need a few more t sign up. Draft is this Saturday cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:48am On Oct 30, 2015
man cuban needs to do a better job of getting good players. Tired of hearing him talk a lot of bull. He has given nowitzki and rick Zero talent. Risde dirk all he wants, and carlise, but they will be retiring soon.
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 11:17am On Oct 30, 2015
Isaiah thomas really is solid angry
Happy #kd-easymoney sniper is back on court....season gon be fun guyz... grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:21pm On Oct 30, 2015
Donlittle:
man cuban needs to do a better job of getting good players. Tired of hearing him talk a lot of bull. He has given nowitzki and rick Zero talent. Risde dirk all he wants, and carlise, but they will be retiring soon.

I understand Cuban is about offering Rick Carlisle a contract extension worth millions, to be honest except there is a concrete plan to improve the roaster I would advice Carlisle to hold on to that extension offer, the last two games have been embarrassing to watch and not even the return of DWills would salvage the situation..if the Mavs continue into the season with this roaster the humiliation would be enormous.

I am a huge fan of Rick even though I still hold grudges on how he handled Rondo tongue, i hold him in very high regards with regards to tactical coaching.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:28pm On Oct 30, 2015
joephemzyz:
Isaiah thomas really is solid angry
Happy #kd-easymoney sniper is back on court....season gon be fun guyz... grin

My brother, Isaiah no dey fear face...despite his height he attacks the rim with venorm without fear and his shooting has greatly improved, I would hope into the season he would transition into the starting five..

Another player that should not be starting from the bench is Hawks Schroeder, I watched him during the FIBA competition early in the summer this year and he has continued from where he stopped last season, his pace on the court is electric, his vision also impressive, he takes the ball to the rim which is a quality I admire in PG's, he might do the James Harden next year by moving to another team to become a starter cos it's almost impossible the Hawks would bench Teague for him.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 1:50pm On Oct 30, 2015
Watching the re run of this OKC-spurs game. Leonard wan kill durant.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 1:59pm On Oct 30, 2015
Roland17:

My brother, Isaiah no dey fear face...despite his height he attacks the rim with venorm without fear and his shooting has greatly improved, I would hope into the season he would transition into the starting five..

Another player that should not be starting from the bench is Hawks Schroeder, I watched him during the FIBA competition early in the summer this year and he has continued from where he stopped last season, his pace on the court is electric, his vision also impressive, he takes the ball to the rim which is a quality I admire in PG's, he might do the James Harden next year by moving to another team to become a starter cos it's almost impossible the Hawks would bench Teague for him.

The boy no just dey fear.....can shoot....can drive in on the bigs and score effectively..plays good pick n roll offense too, but smart is also solid...I think the celts have an ok" squad...
Ha! Shroeder...he will definitely do the harden" on hawks soon...cos he won't wanna continue on the bench with all dt quality
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 7:15pm On Oct 30, 2015
Schroeder deserves to lead a team of his lyk regie Jackson and James harden did I think he should leave d hawks IMO
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 7:16pm On Oct 30, 2015
rockets vs warriors would be a gud game 2 watch
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 3:37am On Oct 31, 2015
Oladipo had a triple double but the duo of Kelvin Durant and Westbrook teamed up to supply 91 points

Spurs up 20 against the Nets
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 12:06pm On Oct 31, 2015
Pls when is the draft gonna start?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 31, 2015
I am suprised we could not get 10 people to register for the bball fantasy league nor could this thread get pushes to the front page. Thats babaric as i thought a lot of folks in 9ja already started watching bball. We have a long way to go.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:44pm On Oct 31, 2015
joephemzyz:
Pls when is the draft gonna start?

we need one more for teams to be even. Anyone interested?
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:46pm On Oct 31, 2015
Donlittle:
I am suprised we could not get 10 people to register for the bball fantasy league nor could this thread get pushes to the front page. Thats babaric as i thought a lot of folks in 9ja already started watching bball. We have a long way to go.

yeah, i thought w would get more. draft is supposed to be in 2 hours, but we need one more dude
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 4:06pm On Oct 31, 2015
I won't be available for d draft but I've autoselected all d players I want

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (2208) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: tygar(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.