Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,176 members, 7,811,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1620128 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 03, 2015
birdman:
ok so my rockets have a winning streak record of 22 when Tmac was Tmac. It appears the warriors want to attempt this record. i have to take matters into my own hands apparently

ohun ti a ba wi fun ogbo ni ogbo n gbo angry
eyi ti a ba wi fun ogba ni ogba n gba cry
the warriors will lose one of the next two games grin
you are a rockets fan? how do you feel about harden playing zero defense? howard? mchale getting ousted? that team is dysfunctional man
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 9:06am On Dec 03, 2015
If curry ever gets injured, that's the end for the warriors. The whole game revolves around him

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 12:01am On Dec 04, 2015
Skywalker5:

Apart from westbrook, i dont have any point guard. Tyreke Evans just came back from injury so that's another guy i am hoping explodes. Birdman is really outscoring you o. Curry is not on fire this week so you should be able to take him down.

Hehe angry grin I'm not bothered with the scoring....im gon rely on other stats to tie or maybe jus upset birdman..hehe allstar birdman!!!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:30am On Dec 04, 2015
Donlittle:
you are a rockets fan? how do you feel about harden playing zero defense? howard? mchale getting ousted? that team is dysfunctional man

Cant tell you how disappointed I am. Coach got canned even though it really wasnt his fault. Harden just decided he was going to ease into the season, and his effort rubbed off on the team. Howard is not a leader either, and definitely not a franchise player. The fact that these two dont have that "go get it" personality doomed us.

But you know, I have to blame McHale for this. Remember last playoffs when we came from 3-1 to beat the clips? We won the pivotal game 5 because McHale benched Harden and played the hungry guys...Jason Terry, Brewer, Ariza, J Smoove, Capella. Fast forward to the last game against the Waririors in the WCF. Harden was mentally unprepared, turning the ball over and looking lost. Yet McHale did not take him out. I believe this sent a strong message to the team - its ok to be sloppy if you are the superstar. That message carried over into this season. I also think its the reason Josh left.

Frankly, I have given hope on this team for this season. Until we get a true leader, we will continue to dissapoint. Ty Lawson is not it. He's more of a buddy to Harden than an inspiration to the team. I think Harden or Howard needs to go.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:31am On Dec 04, 2015
Wade entered the hot tub time machine today
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:22pm On Dec 04, 2015
Curry was getting back on defence and turning his back on the ball before it hit the rim. Unbelievable

Skywalker5:
If curry ever gets injured, that's the end for the warriors. The whole game revolves around him
Lol we can say that for the Cavs with Lebron and just about any other team. Water is wet

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 6:21am On Dec 07, 2015
Was reggie miller shooting the way the curry and Thompson are shooting?The way they drop three points is amazing especially the distance curry takes his shot?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:42pm On Dec 07, 2015
Skywalker5:
Was reggie miller shooting the way the curry and Thompson are shooting?The way they drop three points is amazing especially the distance curry takes his shot?
Nobody in the history of basketball has shot the ball like Steph Curry
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:45am On Dec 08, 2015
A40:

Nobody in the history of basketball has shot the ball like Steph Curry

Agreed. Even at the YMCA with crazy lights out shooters, I have never seen the ball drop that way consistently. I have to think Curry has found a way to enter the shooter's zone and never come out of it. In order words, its a mind game for him now. Any 3 pt shot with the slightest daylight has a good chance of going in. Its looking like we will have to wait till christmas to see a matchup that could possibly make Curry think twice on those shots
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:46am On Dec 08, 2015
Skywalker5:

Reggie was clutch, but his average wasnt all that
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:47am On Dec 08, 2015
birdman:
ok so my rockets have a winning streak record of 22 when Tmac was Tmac. It appears the warriors want to attempt this record. i have to take matters into my own hands apparently

ohun ti a ba wi fun ogbo ni ogbo n gbo angry
eyi ti a ba wi fun ogba ni ogba n gba cry
the warriors will lose one of the next two games grin

so 3 point shot dey foil jazz. who knew undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 11:11pm On Dec 08, 2015
Now kilrhyms.....come out o!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:07am On Dec 09, 2015
joephemzyz:

shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 9:44am On Dec 09, 2015
joephemzyz:
come on almost all my players are injured.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 11:19am On Dec 09, 2015
joephemzyz:

Game still sure for kilrhyms

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:20pm On Dec 09, 2015
Looks like the Warriors have simply forgotten how to lose. Just like last season they are now ending games in the 3rd quarter. Scary
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 11:17pm On Dec 09, 2015
Killrhymz:

Awwn hommie cheesy[color=][/color] grin cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 6:01am On Dec 10, 2015
Killrhymz:

but you need to drop the injured ones. You even bench Lebron James.Tyson chandler and Jonas are useless even when healthy.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:40am On Dec 10, 2015
We are flying under the radar and that is the best situation for us.. #greenrunsdeep
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:32pm On Dec 10, 2015
Gradually but assuredly the NBA and mainstream media are accepting the inevitable truth that the face of the league is S. Curry, they struggled with handing the baton over to the lad even after he won the title with Golden State Warriors and had the highest vote for the all star games last season but it's obvious the mantle has to switch hands especially from a marketing stand point for the league, the problem is Underarmour would have the biggest gain and become master (not necessarily the dominant brand as that belongs to Nike)brand considering they have the face of the league on their side, unless Nike pulls some incredible stunt.

I watched the solem documentary aired by ESPN last night, to me it felt like a subtle and defeated way of admitting LBJ's reign as the best thing to have ever happened to modern basketball was over, it was the unofficial crowning of the new leader of the league in Curry.

He might be young but I believe Curry can handle the pressure of being king amongst elites heading into the next generation, it would be a different era as he is not as extroverted and attention seeking as his predecessor but his humility, on and off court discipline and focus would help market the league and win some more younger fans who seem to have become initiated by the NFL alone.

It would be interesting to see how long he keeps the strangle hold on the league as its face, his biggest threat to his tenure would be how healthy he would be from here going forward, if he can stay healthy and his ankle remain steady then we might be looking at the greatest shooter in the history of the NBA
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 4:02pm On Dec 11, 2015
uncle richard and birdman wot is happening this week now grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin chai cry

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 4:04pm On Dec 11, 2015
Roland17:
We are flying under the radar and that is the best situation for us.. #greenrunsdeep

isaiah thomaaaaaaaaaaas!!!!!!!!! angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 5:27pm On Dec 11, 2015
I have that feeling that celtics will win tonight. Waiting for curry to prove me wrong.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:59am On Dec 12, 2015
Skywalker5:
I have that feeling that celtics will win tonight. Waiting for curry to prove me wrong.

Same here. I watched the game they played against the bulls. It was my first time watching them this season, and its obvious they have that 'attitude'. Im thinking Isaiah Thomas rubbed off on the team. Whatever the case, they play much more mature basketball than you would expect for such a young team.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:00am On Dec 12, 2015
joephemzyz:
uncle richard and birdman wot is happening this week now grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin chai cry

bird no dey fly for rain. make i perch small tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 12:23pm On Dec 12, 2015
birdman:

bird no dey fly for rain. make i perch small tongue

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin i like this guy
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:55pm On Dec 12, 2015
24-0 and the streak continues. Even with Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes out the Warriors still found a way to win. Can they make even more history? They passed the Heat's 27 game winning streak and would set a record if they beat the Bucks tonight. No team has ever gone 7-0 on a road trip

Fantastic show of respect by the Spurs fans to the legend nigga Kobe last night. Was surprising and classy
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:15pm On Dec 12, 2015
Heartbreaking end to last nights game against the Warriors, I felt we were opportune to win that game and would have been deserving of a win, I was screaming my lungs out asking coach Brad Stevens to call a timeout so he could draw a play for the final possession of the game considering we had two time outs to spare, we pushed them to double overtime and I am proud of the lads.

The Warriors are reinventing the NBA with small ball basketball where every player on the court can play guard position and can also shoot jumpers.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by JustKay3(m): 4:43am On Dec 13, 2015
Is this the night the streak ends?#gsw.With these lots,it's not over till the fat lady sings

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 4:47am On Dec 13, 2015
Can't see warriors coming back from this.Glad it want the Cavs that stopped their streak. I'm sure LBJ was waiting for that.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 6:13pm On Dec 13, 2015
>: angry end of streak homies....twas fun while it lasted....now..my boy isaiah thomas don sabi pass @ last 13 assists....hmmmn grin, who's sEeen drose's new haircut? Hehe. Great week of fantasy bball too, suprise extravaganza shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:04am On Dec 14, 2015
Skywalker5:
Can't see warriors coming back from this.Glad it want the Cavs that stopped their streak. I'm sure LBJ was waiting for that.

i was waiting for that. no probs tho...nothing wrong with adding another L

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (2203) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.