Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,566 members, 7,812,834 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1621522 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (2205) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:43am On Apr 23, 2016
A40:
Draymond Green. Lmaooo

Birdman. This is why you keep Harden

Poor movement off that Klay Thompson play by the Warriors

Btw I told you guys the Pacers weren't legit

we should sell while his stock is high tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:46am On Apr 23, 2016
Ewuro4:
James Harden wink

I've had enough of GS already, get them outahere!

lol. dont worry. we will be back to our regularly scheduled programming next game
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:50am On Apr 23, 2016
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:01am On Apr 23, 2016
A40:

Wow you guys aren't phucking around

Accord me my due for calling the perfect change in line up grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:08am On Apr 23, 2016
Roland17:

grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 4:23am On Apr 23, 2016
Memphis don't want to go 3-0 down……
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:14am On Apr 23, 2016
birdman:

lol. dont worry. we will be back to our regularly scheduled programming next game
grin grin you saw the players reaction after Harden hit the game winner?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 7:43am On Apr 23, 2016
Tight game but the Spurs take game 3 and go 3-0
Re: The NBA Begins by addempsea(m): 9:56am On Apr 23, 2016
Donlittle:
Someone please tell me how shaq won the back to back to back championships been a terrible FT shooter?
He dominated the paint.
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 12:18pm On Apr 23, 2016
:oisaiah thomas!! 42 points and the win! grin Oya dab!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:59pm On Apr 23, 2016
Roland17:

Yeah you were spot on. Though you also have to admit Isaiah was unconscious. I'm taller than this dude but what he does on the court I can't in my wildest dreams. I hope he makes All NBA team. He should be in the 2nd or at the very worst 3rd
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:08pm On Apr 23, 2016
The Raptors. Lmao get Drake in there! How did they win 56. They are out-trashing the Pacers rn

birdman:

we should sell while his stock is high tongue
Hypothetically who would you get?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:11pm On Apr 24, 2016
"Houston we have a problem" cheesy Iggy out here taking a dope massage.

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:52am On Apr 25, 2016
This game would have been a wrap if Milsap did not wear those shooting shoes for 45 points, Isiah Thomas was great tonight again, M. Smart played his mind out...i mean he was a beast on both ends of the floor..i am proud of this team and the come back.

#greenrunsdeep

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:58am On Apr 25, 2016
SmooshCHN:
grin grin you saw the players reaction after Harden hit the game winner?

man, thats our season in a nutshell
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:07am On Apr 25, 2016
A40:
The Raptors. Lmao get Drake in there! How did they win 56. They are out-trashing the Pacers rn

Hypothetically who would you get?

We already lost our draft pick (part of the harden deal i think) and I have a feeling in 2 yrs Harden is out once his contract is up. Dwight is probably gone this year.

I say we have a good chance at Durant and Horford. Pau should be opting out this year I think, so if he doesnt end up in memphis with his bro, I think htown, with its huge hispanic population may give us a second look (same for Horford too).

Finally, I have a feeling the GM Morey will be taking a fall for this mess (and he is digging his grave by over-tweeting), and we will likely get a coach that also doubles as a GM or something like that. JVG is supposedly a top candidate, but the last time they fired him in a very low down manner. Lets see how much money buys JVG's forgiveness tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 4:26am On Apr 25, 2016
This injury that Curry is playing around with is scary o.
Re: The NBA Begins by drinkmorewater: 5:25am On Apr 25, 2016
birdman:

We already lost our draft pick (part of the harden deal i think) and I have a feeling in 2 yrs Harden is out once his contract is up. Dwight is probably gone this year.

I say we have a good chance at Durant and Horford. Pau should be opting out this year I think, so if he doesnt end up in memphis with his bro, I think htown, with its huge hispanic population may give us a second look (same for Horford too).

Finally, I have a feeling the GM Morey will be taking a fall for this mess (and he is digging his grave by over-tweeting), and we will likely get a coach that also doubles as a GM or something like that. JVG is supposedly a top candidate, but the last time they fired him in a very low down manner. Lets see how much money buys JVG's forgiveness tongue

Nah forget JVG!!! He's ancient...We need someone else with a load of experience or just take a chance on a mid experience coach that can bring back the enthusiasm back to Polk street but still we need to tweak that squad and get an upgrade on beverly or get another aggressive shooter

We were hoping we would get Orlandos Howard or at lest an improved version but the guy is now more calm, rebounds used to be his bread and butter, now am seeing bogut, green and barnes jumping higher than him for a rebound?!?! Mane that is just wack straight up!

Hispanic yeah or maybe we should just sign an asian so the centre can always be full grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:56am On Apr 25, 2016
Lakers has fired Brian Scott

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 9:22am On Apr 25, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Lakers has fired Brian Scott

About time undecided

"Scott coached the Lakers for the two worst seasons in the 16-time NBA champion franchise's history."

"Los Angeles finished with the NBA's second-worst record, at 17-65 this season. The team lost four more games than in its previous franchise-worst season in 2014-15."

Byron Scott, at 38-126 (.232)
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 10:19am On Apr 25, 2016
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 10:31am On Apr 25, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
I was actually close to tears cry http://sports.yahoo.com/news/stephen-curry-s-latest-injury-teaches-warriors-lesson-about-fragility-of-title-chase-035629038.html?partner=CHEETAH&.gg_forward=true
I actually heard this on ESPN about what will happen if they make history and not win the playoffs due to injury pr fatigue.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:46am On Apr 25, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
I was actually close to tears cry http://sports.yahoo.com/news/stephen-curry-s-latest-injury-teaches-warriors-lesson-about-fragility-of-title-chase-035629038.html?partner=CHEETAH&.gg_forward=true
I just want us to clear doubts.. So far we don't face Spurs without Curry I'm fine. Till then, everything will be fine. He'll surely be OK before the WCF.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:22am On Apr 25, 2016
What is phacking wrong with the Warriors and why are they trying so hard to piss their title defense away? They have enough to get past Houston and overreacted because of a 1pt loss over a basket that shouldn't have counted?

They do not need Curry to get past the Rockets and if I were Iggy, Klay, Draymond and Livingston I would be offended by the team and Curry's lack of trust in us

birdman:

Durant won't come to Houston. It would be borderline stoopid to come to Houston sans Harden when the Celtics and Wizards have a younger roster and maybe an easier road to the Finals

Horford is a more realistic target but won't turn you to contenders either. Now if you could just move Dwight, Pau would be a solid guy to pair with Harden. You could even get a few solid mid level veterans on board too

Note I do think Harden is a bit overrated but you guys are a D-League team without him to put it mildly

JVG is a bad idea, can't teach an old dog new tricks. You guys need to take a chance on someone new, maybe Walton
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:26am On Apr 25, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
They should have given him the series off. Let the other players know they are on their own and take it as a challenge. Just look at what the Celts are doing without Bradley, never mind the Warriors who have depth
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:33am On Apr 25, 2016
Btw can we officially give Kevin Durant the dirty player tag? I know he is trying to be tough but he and the OKC are going about it the wrong way
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:56am On Apr 25, 2016
Curry was the one bugging to be played since game 1. I doubt Kerr wanted to rush him back. Be that as it may, the Knee sprain was not as a result of being rushed back. JVG (who was one of the commentators for the game) said Curry had complained to the ref just moments before he slipped that that patch of the court was wet but they could not stop the game until the ball was off the court or a timeout was called. If you observed the slip, that 25 year old Houston white kid (I forget his name) slipped at the same spot during the fast break and then Curry followed suit seconds after.

My prayer now is that the Clippers vs Blazers game tarries longer so that Curry can get the much needed rest he needs. I totally prefer a sprained Knee to a sprained ankle considering his history with that Ankle.

Side bar: Iggy had a big game yesterday. He seems to be a big game player.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 12:11pm On Apr 25, 2016
SmooshCHN:
I just want us to clear doubts.. So far we don't face Spurs without Curry I'm fine. Till then, everything will be fine. He'll surely be OK before the WCF.
If they will be playing against Clippers, they will need him
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:49pm On Apr 25, 2016
Eruditor:
Curry was the one bugging to be played since game 1. I doubt Kerr wanted to rush him back. Be that as it may, the Knee sprain was not as a result of being rushed back. JVG (who was one of the commentators for the game) said Curry had complained to the ref just moments before he slipped that that patch of the court was wet but they could not stop the game until the ball was off the court or a timeout was called. If you observed the slip, that 25 year old Houston white kid (I forget his name) slipped at the same spot during the fast break and then Curry followed suit seconds after.

My prayer now is that the Clippers vs Blazers game tarries longer so that Curry can get the much needed rest he needs. I totally prefer a sprained Knee to a sprained ankle considering his history with that Ankle.

Side bar: Iggy had a big game yesterday. He seems to be a big game player.
I know its not connected to the ankle strain but shutting Curry down for the series would reduce the distraction and allow everybody to get locked in. Nobody is talking about the fact that they broke a 3pt record. Or how well Livingston has been playing in his absence or how good a Game 4 Iguodala had. The narrative is Curry's injury, that's not a good look IMO. Not that I blame the Warriors for this but shutting Curry would put the spotlight on the other players
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:54pm On Apr 25, 2016
A40:

I know its not connected to the ankle strain but shutting Curry down for the series would reduce the distraction and allow everybody to get locked in. Nobody is talking about the fact that they broke a 3pt record. Or how well Livingston has been playing in his absence or how good a Game 4 Iguodala had. The narrative is Curry's injury, that's not a good look IMO. Not that I blame the Warriors for this but shutting Curry would put the spotlight on the other players

I agree whole-heartedly.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:44pm On Apr 25, 2016
Mynd44:

If they will be playing against Clippers, they will need him
He'll be healthy by then. I'm hopeful
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 9:05pm On Apr 25, 2016
Curry out for two weeks. I knew something silly will happen. I am sure Spurs fans are happy angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (2205) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.