Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,861 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1618089 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (2200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:42am On Jun 28, 2016
lolawilliams:

They both play center and power forward, T.T is just 6'9,he'll play power forward and cousins is 6'11, center wld be great for him, he'll put more radical change to the position that what T.T is doing..

Let me be honest with you, Cousins is at best 6'10. Players lie about their heights a lot so they can play different positions that they are accustomed to. KD for example, is 6'11 but he doesn't want to be played as a center so he lied about his height by claiming 6'9.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:45am On Jun 28, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Cousins doesn't do anything different from what Tristan Thompson does. They both don't have range, grab offensive and defensive rebound as primary role and set picks. Unlike when you have Love and T.T where love gives you that flexibility. You can find someone else like him but Cousins won't cut it. You can't have two guys doing the same thing on the floor. Cousins is like the only big thing in Sacramento after they sent off Isaiah Thomas. I'm sure he's not going anywhere.

Cousins is good offensively in fact he is the best at his position offensively. He is just a dressing-room nightmare.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:52am On Jun 28, 2016
Eruditor:

I agree that Bulls got better as the Pistons plateaued. I agree that M.J gained body mass and got tougher. I also agree that the Pistons were a dirty team but I think the consensus by vets and even seasoned journalists was that M.J began to trust his teammates more.

I. Thomas for all his saltiness said they knew MJ was very competitive and used it to their advantage all those times. That each time he tried to drive and you forced him to one direction, he still obstinately tried to go towards that very direction. If you forced him to attempt shots more instead of lay ups, he tried all the more to force his lay ups and in doing so,he forgot to pass the ball.

In 1991 when they first beat the Pistons in the playoffs, Jordan began to move the ball a lot more when he was cornered and it gave way for a player like Pippen to contribute more significantly.

As for the "flu game" I have watched a documentary and all parties involved seemed to easily disprove the flu theory. The 2 excuses that seemed more plausible was him being hungover or that he had food poisoning.

A former body guard of his said he ordered bad pizza very late on the eve of the game and that it was very plausible that the delivery guy who brought the pizza knew Jordan was in that room and may have tried to sell him something rancid to affect his game.

Whatever the case was, Jordan had a long history of gambling and partying before games. Even Magic said so during the 92 Olympics in Barcelona. That Jordan will smoke, drink and sleep late before big games and still drop 40. So it was very easy to believe the inebriated story.
It wasn't just trusting teammates more it was also getting a better coach who installed a better offense,

Whatever I. Thomas said is moot, the Pistons at the time were just too strong physically and mentally.They were comfortably the best team in the league and in their 3 year run won two titles. Even if M.J was a willing passer his teammates still had to knock down shots.

M.J was definitely not hung over. He was ill, you can dispute the nature of the illness. Conspiracy theorists have existed since creation but I have seen that game at least 10 different times. He was not hung over. That kind of effort you cannot give it when under any influence of alcohol. He was physically weak but mentally alert and arguably at his sharpest, alcohol would not give you that. I drink so I know this

M.J was a chronic gambler. That was his main vice. Most NBA players, drink, party and smoke unless they are born again christians. However that M.J was partying on the brink of a pivotal game in Utah of all places just doesn't add up

If M.J was that much of a drinker he would not play till he was 40. And at such a high level. I'm sorry I don't believe any athlete can perform up to that age if they were heavy drinkers. It would tell on his work ethic

He averaged 20pts 6 rebs and 3 assists shooting 45% from the field at age 40!!!

Haaa abeg M.J dey him own lane. The G.O.A.T
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:10am On Jun 28, 2016
Eruditor:

Cousins is good offensively in fact he is the best at his position offensively. He is just a dressing-room nightmare.
I retract my statement.. Cousins > Tristan Thompson. Big Difference..
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:48am On Jun 28, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Cousins doesn't do anything different from what Tristan Thompson does. They both don't have range, grab offensive and defensive rebound as primary role and set picks. Unlike when you have Love and T.T where love gives you that flexibility. You can find someone else like him but Cousins won't cut it. You can't have two guys doing the same thing on the floor. Cousins is like the only big thing in Sacramento after they sent off Isaiah Thomas. I'm sure he's not going anywhere.
cousins is a beast on the offensive end. The guy just get issues
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:33am On Jun 28, 2016
SmooshCHN:

Bro no disrespect, but your post proves you obviously know little about "boogie".

The question(s) surrounding boogie has never ever been about his talent, prospect or play, rather it has been about his attitude and disposition to the team, management and coaching.

Boogie understands the fundamentals of the center position, have you taken some time to watch his foot work under the rim on both ends of the court? I would spare you his numbers/ stats.

Boogie is way talented than Thompson and dominates both ends of the rim better than most centers in the league, he is the purest center left in the league especially after the obvious decline of Howard.

Do you wonder why Shaq spent the bulk of last summer counselling him and is scheduled to spend some time with him this offseason?

Boogie would bench any center in the league, u can take that to the bank any day, he is that good, especially if the team plays around him.

I have mentioned this numerous times over the years on this thread, Boogie's only deterrent is himself, if he ever fixes that aspect, his ceiling is unimaginable.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 28, 2016
lolawilliams:

lool. spain fvcked up big time, i didn't watch it. Now it's either Germany, Italy or france

But i hope Italy gets the cup. cheesy
#TeamWales
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:57am On Jun 28, 2016
]
Roland17:

Bro no disrespect, but your post proves you obviously know little about "boogie".

The question(s) surrounding boogie has never ever been about his talent, prospect or play, rather it has been about his attitude and disposition to the team, management and coaching.

Boogie understands the fundamentals of the center position, have you taken some time to watch his foot work under the rim on both ends of the court? I would spare you his numbers/ stats.

Boogie is way talented than Thompson and dominates both ends of the rim better than most centers in the league, he is the purest center left in the league especially after the obvious decline of Howard.

Do you wonder why Shaq spent the bulk of last summer counselling him and is scheduled to spend some time with him this offseason?

Boogie would bench any center in the league, u can take that to the bank any day, he is that good, especially if the team plays around him.

I have mentioned this numerous times over the years on this thread, Boogie's only deterrent is himself, if he ever fixes that aspect, his ceiling is unimaginable.

SmooshCHN:
I retract my statement.. Cousins > Tristan Thompson. Big Difference..
Chill out man.. Already watched his tapes and retracted my statement. Always known him to be beast but didn't know he's the Best Center present.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 9:24am On Jun 28, 2016
SmooshCHN:
]Chill out man.. Already watched his tapes and retracted my statement. Always known him to be beast but didn't know he's the Best Center present.
And he can shoot threes grin he shud come to Warriors mehn!!!!! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 9:27am On Jun 28, 2016
lolawilliams:
smooshCHN, mizzzbeee, eruditor

Dwight howard turned down his $23m, pay $25M and take him na grin grin grin grin
Even if he takes 1mill on behalf of the warriors nation we respectably decline this offer, maybe the mavs wud take him grin

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:33am On Jun 28, 2016
SmooshCHN:
]Chill out man.. Already watched his tapes and retracted my statement. Always known him to be beast but didn't know he's the Best Center present.

Forgive me i did not read your retraction before posting, however, watching tapes alone don't necessarily give in depth's about a player, especially when such player is still active.

Take some time this coming season to watch some of his full games, hopefully it's a game he is vested in.

Once more I am sorry I did not read your retraction.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:37am On Jun 28, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
And he can shoot threes grin he shud come to Warriors mehn!!!!! cheesy
Lol.. cheesy Sacramento let Isaiah Thomas go. They won't let him slip off.. I'll like it though cheesy
Do you know we have to get rid of 8 guys, yes 8 to accommodate Durant?? Including Bogut. I don't like it.. It feels weird just letting the Chemistry go like that.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:47am On Jun 28, 2016
Roland17:

Forgive me i did not read your retraction before posting, however, watching tapes alone don't necessarily give in depth's about a player, especially when such player is still active.

Take some time this coming season to watch some of his full games, hopefully it's a game he is vested in.

Once more I am sorry I did not read your retraction.
One can't know it all. Since I read "Center" my mind just went to what Centers of today are known for and I felt Tristan Thompson was doing same and I was far from reality. Teams like Brooklyn Nets, Sacramento, Milwaukee Bucks, Utah Jazz and Nuggets don't really get my attention and I don't plan on skipping top teams to watch them in except highlights undecided Full games would help but I don't have such time.

When next y'all talking about them players I don't know in depth, I'll keep mute but I'll never forget when he Chris Paul offered to shake Isaiah Thomas after he hard fouled the guy who was about to shake CP3 in and Bougie was like nah and dragged the poor boy away Very disappointing and that's the only full game I watched and Sacramento still lost.
Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 10:28am On Jun 28, 2016
Eruditor:

1. Curry made most his 3s all playoffs against big players especially Love and Tristan in the CAVS series. There are some details that will skip over a fan especially when your team ends up winning the game. It is smaller players that give Curry hesitation in releasing his shots and that's because he likes to shoot off the dribble and with smaller players who can stay close, it gets harder. That's why he hesitated to shoot over Westbrook and Kyrie in the last 2 series.

So don't be obfuscated by the last shot against Cavs where Love didn't buy the 4pt play Curry was aiming for. I am sure you know Curry shot 10 3s in the last 2 games against the Cavs. Please come back and tell us who was marking him when he made those shots. I am waiting.

2. It is easier to focus on Kyrie than Lebron because Kyrie is not unmarkable. With Lebron, if you ensure his jump shots don't work in any game, you have taken out most of the danger he can do to you. Because nobody can consistently prevent Bron from going to the rim, but Bron cannot take the beatings he will get all series. That's why he needs his jumpshots.

Kyrie has very good layups but that works best in iso-plays. The strength of Kyrie's game is his midrange jumpers which he tends to make with great consistency, but Kyrie is a streak shooter. If his shots don't drop in a rhythm, they won't drop all game.

3. As for the legendary paintbrush you are coloring Kyrie with, please pipe down. Kyrie is phenomenal at age 24. That he will improve is probably not in question. The question is in what angle? His 3pt % is tanking and his FG % dipped as well this season. For the volume of shots Curry takes and drives to the rim, both his numbers didn't dip, and this is a 29 year old who should have peaked 3 seasons ago. So you'd need to convince me that Kyrie will get better at shooting 3pt shots from here on, because I do not believe he will.

Also, age 23 is the point Curry had his recurrent injuries and surgeries. If I am not mistaken, he didn't play more than 27 regular season games that season. Kyrie hasn't had a season in which he played less than 45 regular season games, so he has been more relatively healthy than Curry when we compare what they were at certain ages.

You also have to realise that until Kerr came, Curry was not the primary scorer of his team, so if you are using ppg to rate them at similar ages, you'd already be amiss.

The thing is, I have seen you use words like "Greater shooters" in referring to Horry, Kobe and Fischer and I cringed. Players whose 3 pts all career will be less than what Curry did in just one season. Or you think any of those players shoot better than Klay? LOL.

Yes Kyrie had a better finals series particularly games 5 and 7. I used the term particularly because his team NEEDED him to be big in those games and he delivered. Curry didn't need to be anything in games 1&2 because they blew Cavs off the building in both games. So his 34 combined points in those games were insignificant. Curry was needed most in game 7 and that's exactly when he did not show up. So kudos to Kyrie for his 10/23 (26pts) and Curry's 6/19 (17pts). But saying Kyrie was more defensive because of a block is funny. I did see Curry steal the ball from Kyrie atleast 2ce and in one instance, refs called a foul. Everyone agreed the call was terrible and that was on Curry's way to getting 6 fouls in game 6. I do also remember Curry blocking a taller player in JR Smith in game 7, and finishing the resultant fast break on Love.

4. Seeing that my post is already too long, I won't even spend that much time on Jordan. If you said you watched those games in real time, perhaps you would have known that part of the "Jordan Rules" was to keep Jordan driving from the byline so he would be rammed and blocked. Isaiah Thomas clearly stated that what changed in 1991 was the NBA began calling fouls for those things on Jordan and as such players were fouling out whilst he was knocking his resultant free throws. So teams had to switch up.

Also, Jordan became less selfish (which was a weakness Chuck Daily and his pistons had noticed and exploited) and started trusting his teammates especially Pippen more, so the Jordan rules eventually stopped working.

If some of us don't have present evidence to buttress some of these points, you'd have changed the whole narrative to tell us Jordan never missed a shot. Even that "flu game" people keep talking about has been disproved. Jordan was hung over. But that's talk for another day. He is still the GOAT.

Well, what can I say? U obviously pay more attention to the details and every data of the Stats more than I do. Maybe that's y lolawilliams crowned u da MVP.

But I think u may be a bit wrong bout Curry. More often dan not, he usually beats taller players with dribbles and not shots over them, wenever they guard him beyond the arc, except at clutch moments.
Steven Adams gave him some problems on shooting beyond the arc.
Its hard to stick it all up to one player marking curry all thru a game or set of games, becos the way GSW plays. There are too many screens that always changes curry's primary defender. U can't stick it up to one player.

2) I beg to differ on kyrie being easier to mark than Lebron. Its easier to mark a point guard one on one than a strong forward like Lebron. But believe me, its much easier to set up an entire team to mark a Lebron who can't shoot efficiently from the outside than setting up your team to mark a kyrie at the perimeter.

All the marking-team needs to do against Lebron is stuff their paint against Lebron. So that he ends most of his moves with layups, rather than dunks.

Hope you know Lebron isnt good in ending his moves with layups compared to dunks. Kyrie, harden and curry are much better at that. And that's one edge Jordan had over everyone else. As good as Jordan was with dunks, his layup, double-pumps and finger-rolls were even prettier.

Don't let this last regular deceive you by calling kyrie a "steak shooter". He got back from injury after 6months and didn't find his rhythm till playoffs.

His 3-point% only tanked due to loss of form from injury he suffered. He wd never be as efficient as curry, but he's also very good, would get open looks and create his own shots off dribbles on both 2's and 3's.

I totally agree with you that injuries slowed down curry's early development. Iv always known that. Same with him not being their primary scorer. I'm not using statistics to compare and judge this. Its like you are a Stats-man. I'm using raw-talent of what I see with my eyes. Curry didn't have supernatural ball handles and movements in his rookie/early years compared to kyrie.

Those thing came to Curry after several years of practice. And they all came together in like his 5th year. Meanwyl it all showed in kyrie from his rookie year.
I don't think any rookie has ever had such handles as curry in the history of the NBA besides Iverson and maybe Stephon Marbury. That's why Stephon Marbury was called "THE QUESTION" and Iverson was called "THE ANSWER".

All in all, kyrie was far better as a rookie than curry was. Kyrie was touched by God after like 4years due to his hardwork and talent.

Let me make something else clear, when I mentioned Horry, Kobe and Fisher being great shooters, I wasn't comparing them to curry or klay. Curry is the best shooter the NBA has ever seen. And to me he has brought something new to the NBA which is shooting-off-the-dribble with such quick release.
But those guys I mentioned were good for the Lakers. They all were great for Phil jackson's Lakers and they did it for a 3peat. Take nothing away from those guys.

In those games u said GSW didn't need Curry to be big, I actually saw it more of him not playing well from the very beginning, but bench players like Livingston and Barbosa showed up early from the very first half.

MY RESPONSE CONTINUES IN MY VERY NEXT POST.
I NEVER KNEW THERE WAS A LIMIT TO WORDS YOU CAN POST ON NAIRALAND TILL TODAY.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 10:57am On Jun 28, 2016
SmooshCHN:
I dont think one can compare cousins to T.T.. Remember On October 28, 2015 when Cousins recorded 32 points and 13 rebounds, as well as 4-of-5 three-pointers, in a season opening loss to the Los Angeles Clippers, just his first game, on November 11 too, he finished the game with 33 points to help the Kings defeat the Detroit Pistons 101–92. Twodays later, he scored a season-high 40 points in a 111–109 win over the Brooklyn Nets. On November 16, he was named Western Conference Player of the Week for games played Monday, November 9 through Sunday, November 15. It was the third career Player of the Week award for Cousins, who led the Kings to a 3–1 record on that week. We dont see all of this from T.T, the only time he steps up is in finals, same as he did last year but Nah I dont think cousins and T.T are the same, Cousins is better than T.T

T.T recored a high season points with 19points, 12rebounds against timberwolves, that was his highest in the 2015/2016 season, just that he hardly gets injury, he's the only player in NBA history that has played more consecutive games.

Well as you said, I dont think he'ld be leaving Sac, he's like their god right now
Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 11:01am On Jun 28, 2016
Eruditor:

1. Curry made most his 3s all playoffs against big players especially Love and Tristan in the CAVS series. There are some details that will skip over a fan especially when your team ends up winning the game. It is smaller players that give Curry hesitation in releasing his shots and that's because he likes to shoot off the dribble and with smaller players who can stay close, it gets harder. That's why he hesitated to shoot over Westbrook and Kyrie in the last 2 series.

So don't be obfuscated by the last shot against Cavs where Love didn't buy the 4pt play Curry was aiming for. I am sure you know Curry shot 10 3s in the last 2 games against the Cavs. Please come back and tell us who was marking him when he made those shots. I am waiting.

2. It is easier to focus on Kyrie than Lebron because Kyrie is not unmarkable. With Lebron, if you ensure his jump shots don't work in any game, you have taken out most of the danger he can do to you. Because nobody can consistently prevent Bron from going to the rim, but Bron cannot take the beatings he will get all series. That's why he needs his jumpshots.

Kyrie has very good layups but that works best in iso-plays. The strength of Kyrie's game is his midrange jumpers which he tends to make with great consistency, but Kyrie is a streak shooter. If his shots don't drop in a rhythm, they won't drop all game.

3. As for the legendary paintbrush you are coloring Kyrie with, please pipe down. Kyrie is phenomenal at age 24. That he will improve is probably not in question. The question is in what angle? His 3pt % is tanking and his FG % dipped as well this season. For the volume of shots Curry takes and drives to the rim, both his numbers didn't dip, and this is a 29 year old who should have peaked 3 seasons ago. So you'd need to convince me that Kyrie will get better at shooting 3pt shots from here on, because I do not believe he will.

Also, age 23 is the point Curry had his recurrent injuries and surgeries. If I am not mistaken, he didn't play more than 27 regular season games that season. Kyrie hasn't had a season in which he played less than 45 regular season games, so he has been more relatively healthy than Curry when we compare what they were at certain ages.

You also have to realise that until Kerr came, Curry was not the primary scorer of his team, so if you are using ppg to rate them at similar ages, you'd already be amiss.

The thing is, I have seen you use words like "Greater shooters" in referring to Horry, Kobe and Fischer and I cringed. Players whose 3 pts all career will be less than what Curry did in just one season. Or you think any of those players shoot better than Klay? LOL.

Yes Kyrie had a better finals series particularly games 5 and 7. I used the term particularly because his team NEEDED him to be big in those games and he delivered. Curry didn't need to be anything in games 1&2 because they blew Cavs off the building in both games. So his 34 combined points in those games were insignificant. Curry was needed most in game 7 and that's exactly when he did not show up. So kudos to Kyrie for his 10/23 (26pts) and Curry's 6/19 (17pts). But saying Kyrie was more defensive because of a block is funny. I did see Curry steal the ball from Kyrie atleast 2ce and in one instance, refs called a foul. Everyone agreed the call was terrible and that was on Curry's way to getting 6 fouls in game 6. I do also remember Curry blocking a taller player in JR Smith in game 7, and finishing the resultant fast break on Love.

4. Seeing that my post is already too long, I won't even spend that much time on Jordan. If you said you watched those games in real time, perhaps you would have known that part of the "Jordan Rules" was to keep Jordan driving from the byline so he would be rammed and blocked. Isaiah Thomas clearly stated that what changed in 1991 was the NBA began calling fouls for those things on Jordan and as such players were fouling out whilst he was knocking his resultant free throws. So teams had to switch up.

Also, Jordan became less selfish (which was a weakness Chuck Daily and his pistons had noticed and exploited) and started trusting his teammates especially Pippen more, so the Jordan rules eventually stopped working.

If some of us don't have present evidence to buttress some of these points, you'd have changed the whole narrative to tell us Jordan never missed a shot. Even that "flu game" people keep talking about has been disproved. Jordan was hung over. But that's talk for another day. He is still the GOAT.

CONTINUED BELOW:

In those games u said GSW didn't need Curry to be big, I actually saw it more of him not playing well from the very beginning, but bench players like Livingston and Barbosa showed up early from the very first half.

I didn't use one block to place kyrie over curry defensively. I only emphasized with that. Im a pointguard, tho not professionally. I see other things beyond having good steals-stats when it comes to defence: Quick feet, shuffles, balance wide open legs, skipping whoever screens you on either side of your body, staying close. And kyrie showed all these things on defence more than curry.

Yeah, I watched Jordan's games on real time. I also know bout the Jordan rules. Not just I watching them, I recorded most of his matches, studied dem, paused dem, slow motioned them and all that. You are so on point on all you said bout the Jordan rules, pistons and Chuck Daly. I respect you for that.

I never said or gave an impression that Jordan nevertheless u missed a shot. You must really be a new-school-bie basketball fan. Eruditor, back then no one really took note of things like percentages as much as they do now. Jordan averaged less than 33% field-goals or about that, in his first 8 years in the league and no one ever noticed or criticised him for it.
Its this era of twitter and computer-age you all wanna see percentages everywhere after each match. That's why Iverson would always be my most beloved pointguard even tho I know he's not the best conventional point guard ever, cause I don't even wanna remember his percentages/efficiency. Cos back then he himself wasn't conscious of it or selecting his shots like all then Curry are doing today.

I judge players with their eras, their rules and what matters to their fans at their own eras. Believe me, I would take Iverson to his era anytime above curry to this era anytime any day.
All I know is that iverson gave me one of my best years of basketball and you have no idea how he influenced me and his era.

Please my Oga what do you mean bout "people talking bout that flugame and it being disproved, hung up and all that"? That game can only be disproved to those that never watched it but later grew up to hear bout it from analysts and social medias.

With all due, respect no let me and you fight here o (LOL). I watched that FLUGAME (live) thru the night. It was one of those matches I stayed awake in the following afternoon to see it on all sport centers on ESPN the following day to see it again and again.

Please did you watch that game? Please you need to answer with honesty. Did you watch it?

Jordan was deadsick. Even his sidekick(pippen) was having a bad day.

And guess what? One against One, Utah had more fire power than bulls. All the bulls had was JORDAN who played like Kratos from GOD OF WAR.

Please don't blasphem. JORDAN is a god in human skin.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 11:04am On Jun 28, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
Even if he takes 1mill on behalf of the warriors nation we respectably decline this offer, maybe the mavs wud take him grin
Lol, that guy is a joke, with the way he plays, a team offers him $23m, he declined it. Omg

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 11:08am On Jun 28, 2016
CFCman:
#TeamWales
Honestly, i don't see wales lifting the cup
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 11:20am On Jun 28, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Lol.. cheesy Sacramento let Isaiah Thomas go. They won't let him slip off.. I'll like it though cheesy
Do you know we have to get rid of 8 guys, yes 8 to accommodate Durant?? Including Bogut. I don't like it.. It feels weird just letting the Chemistry go like that.
Warriors better be wise,get a solid SF and keep our chemistry...we would still win championships at least 3 more sef!!
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:33pm On Jun 28, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
Warriors better be wise,get a solid SF and keep our chemistry...we would still win championships at least 3 more sef!!
Landing Durant is a Win Win situation in both long term and short term that's the way Lacob and Bob Myers sees it. But since Steve Kerr, Steph Curry and Klay Thompson would be involved in Friday's Pitching to Durant, I believe they're all ready to do whatever it takes to win championships and they wouldn't be stupid to forget we need a solid Center and bench. BTW, Iguodala and Livingston are staying so that'll help keep the bench alive and all we need is to build around them with few solid players and new ones McCaw, Kevin Looney and the 7ft6 Black Beast we acquired.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 28, 2016
how tall is KD? shocked

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:08pm On Jun 28, 2016
Donlittle:
how tall is KD? shocked
Lol. Deandre is taller though. Camera angle exaggerated the difference between he and DeAndre
Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 4:20pm On Jun 28, 2016
SmooshCHN:
America likes too much drama. I never bought the Flu Game drama undecided undecided undecided

the flu game isn't a myth. whoever sold it to you for a price, duped you.
it was real . whether it WS foodpoison, malaria, hangover whatever it was, Jordan was deadsick.

it was real and not all those fake thunder-balogun stories or India beating Nigeria 100-0 in football you may have heard all over the place.

The flugame isn't to be bought. its best believed or experienced.

I enjoyed both.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:57pm On Jun 28, 2016
nairamaniac:

the flu game isn't a myth. whoever sold it to you for a price, duped you.
it was real . whether it WS foodpoison, malaria, hangover whatever it was, Jordan was deadsick.

it was real and not all those fake thunder-balogun stories or India beating Nigeria 100-0 in football you may have heard all over the place.

The flugame isn't to be bought. its best believed or experienced.

I enjoyed both.
Lol.. The game held, comparing it with the Nig-Ind match makes no sense.. Jordan is the greatest of all time no one disputes that. He was diagnosed with Flu but still played and played well to make the series 3-2. I don't buy the media hype about the flu game. Running Nose, common cold or stomach ache are flu like symptoms. Current nba players are diagnosed with Flu and still play and drop 30. The America I know will always blow success out of proportion to sell.. M.J is the GOAT. The flu game was what it is by those who wants to tag it the flu game and as a hero that he is, Great story, Great Performance = Golden Memory.. I choose MJ as my greatest and the Flu Game to be overblown by the media/America.
Note: I don't mean the game was sold.. I don't buy the "Flu" hype.
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 5:00pm On Jun 28, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
Abeg let the trade talks continue. No be their fault no Barnes and Ezeli cause this nonsense angry
Abi oo
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 5:03pm On Jun 28, 2016
Donlittle:
how tall is KD? shocked
The Jordan faces on Barnes, Draymond and Klay tho grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:15pm On Jun 28, 2016
https://twitter.com/NBA/status/747497707351183361/video/1
Durant and Klay Bonding cheesy

Harrison Barnes in today's interview says he wants to stay with the Warriors.. The guy is very annoying. He wants to ruin everything angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 28, 2016
Durant is not joining the warriors lol. Its that simple. Just dont make any sense
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:05pm On Jun 28, 2016
It doesn't look possible, I honestly would prefer Batum and save money but there's no harm trying to secure him, he has been on the list for 2 seasons already even before last year's championship so there's nothing stopping us from trying.

I even expect the NBA to interfere cheesy but I love the fear and pressure it's putting on every other team and fans.. Such a great feeling since we lost the finals cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 28, 2016
chasing durant when you have no shot at getting him is stupid, Dallas has been doing something like this for years, and end up gettibf peanuts because the stars wont sign, and the really good players already went somewhere else.

Batum, Will shoot the three better than barnes especially if he has space aince teams will focus on curry and klay, if his three isnt falling, Will drive to the basket unlike barnes who will keep shooting, if those arent working, Kid will play defense, and grab rebounds, Better rebounder than barnes, and i dont think he wants the max. Will probably sign him for lesser than barnes or kd will command, and you can get a better Center than ezeli, You also are not disrupting your chemistry.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:34pm On Jun 28, 2016
We're basically saying the same thing except that you think chasing Durant is stupid. KD knowing the Warriors always wanted him and coming after him now knows it isn't stupid. He also wants to be on the Warriors wink What can we do when a Warrior wants to join fellow Warriors cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (2200) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: kendrick9(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.