Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,227 members, 7,815,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1624394 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:10pm On Jul 05, 2016
nairamaniac:

Sorry for late response. I WD never HV 4given myself if I never replied
You made some excellent and salient point. Your argument beats mine hands down.
Infact, before ur posts I used to place Dirk somewhere at 4th or 5th. But now he's either tied wt Malone or at worst 5th.

Just so u know, I'm in agreement with you on placing Stockton at top3.
But believe me, malone created most of his shots. For the fact u see Stockton at all time 2nd on assist shdnt tk anything from Malone.

Well, maybe I'm a bit sentimental and biased towards Malone cos he put me at the edge of my seat for like 2straight finals against my greatest JORDAN.

He actually went pound 4 pound on scoring against Jordan in those finals.

You made mention of Dirk along with Petit and Olajuwon being the only ones in 25point 10rebound class in playoffs. It made me immediately research on Shaq, Kareem and Malone. I could swear b4 that these 3 also made it.

Unfortunately, I was wrong. Kareem did 24.3point, 10.5rebounds,
Malone did 24.7, 10.7rebounds. Meaning these two missed it by whiskers on points-stats. But they were both the closest to it.

But you obmitted Shaq from your list. He did with 25.2points, 12.1rebounds.

All in all, thanks for the lesson.

Eruditor my mvp, Loj, smooshCHN, lolawilliam, mizzzbeee, and everyone of u on this thread are wonderful.
Please Forgive my inconsistencies, for i wd rather enjoy u guys than say anything anything much.

Cheers!

Well, the latest buzz is Durant being in golden state. What can I say? In today's game its allowed. There used to be something like club-loyalty. But It been thrown away .
There used to be a time when the best players wanted to beat themselves. Now u see them wanting to play next to themselves. Can't blame Durant. Its because emphasis on greatness is now defined by rings. I'm not one of them though.

Its gonna be one of the best starting 5's the league has ever seen. I can't get angry with Durant. Im his biggest fan. He deserves a ring. Just that I never expected him to bend this far to get it.

Well Let's all c how it goes.
Every contribution is welcome. There is no one here that knows it all. Everyday I come here I pick up something new from every poster on this page and that is the beauty of it. You have made lots of sound contributions on this page and I'm sure I speak for everybody here

Maybe due to my German bias and just because Dirk na humble and quiet guy but the guy is too underrated. I look at his career and in his prime his team's second best players oscillated between Josh Howard and Jason Terry. Yet look at his achievements.

About Durant I can get OKC fans being disappointed, a Durant fan can also be disappointed it boils down to preference but you need to see Cavs fans or should we say LeBron fans raking and venting on social media. And I'm like wetin concern una with where Durant wan play? Is it his fault that they don't have cap space and why are they so angry. One mumu friend of mine who be diehard LeBron fan said he was disappointed in Durant and I was like. Da phuq?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 1:21pm On Jul 05, 2016
SIRcumalot:

why do you frame bron actions in such negative light? if I was still on the wagon I would be forced to start tackling all this point.

A40 stop pushing this LeBron draft class stuff
we know which team is better.
in fact,in you add Melo from the same draft class This unholy alliance go still kill them.
KD action is the same as Bron I supported Bron then I won't tackle KD now.

I'll probably be cheering for the LA clippers this season.
grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 1:37pm On Jul 05, 2016
SIRcumalot:

why do you frame bron actions in such negative light? if I was still on the wagon I would be forced to start tackling all this point.

in fact,in you add Melo from the same draft class This unholy alliance go still kill them.

You supported lebron then and i understand why you support KD. i did not support Lebron but then he was being rank among the top five greatest ever after win rings.I did not respect that at all because Kobe Duncan and Jordan did not run about recruiting superstars. They made super stars within thier team. what should happen to guys like Malone who were the best in thier prime and no one talks about them? Kobe did not do this but from the looks of things, Lebron might be ranked above kobe if we are not careful. That will be ultimate disrespect.

Since Lebron can still keep the throne after recruiting superstars about, i see no reason why Durant should not do the same.

Besides, i am still mad at Lebron for that Draymond effect he pulled that had him suspended so my bias is still there.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:03pm On Jul 05, 2016
SIRcumalot:

I never critiqued LeBron for bolting to the Heat, I could care less where he opted to play. However when people start comparing him to M.J, Kobe etc that is when I bring that up

I only resurrected that topic when I observed that it was Holier than thou LeBron fans that were making the most noise about Durant. No one has provided a credible explanation on why joining with not one but the 2 guys who were supposed to be your competition is better than Durant joining a Golden State no one expected to win 73 games to start with.

Again this is the equivalent of Olajuwon joining up with M.J and Barkley or Ewing in their respective primes

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 2:20pm On Jul 05, 2016
Skywalker5:

You supported lebron then and i understand why you support KD. [b]i did not support Lebron but then he was being rank among the top five greatest ever after win rings.[/b]I did not respect that at all because Kobe Duncan and Jordan did not run about recruiting superstars. They made super stars within thier team. what should happen to guys like Malone who were the best in thier prime and no one talks about them? Kobe did not do this but from the looks of things, Lebron might be ranked above kobe if we are not careful. That will be ultimate disrespect.

Since Lebron can still keep the throne after recruiting superstars about, i see no reason why Durant should not do the same.

Besides, i am still mad at Lebron for that Draymond effect he pulled that had him suspended so my bias is still there.

I didn't get the bolded.

LeBron is above Kobe it isn't even close I don't want to get into anything but I understand if you think differently you are wrong, but I understand. cheesy.

Spurs,lakers had great front office
what did you think the Dwight,nash and Kobe Lakers year was about ?
Jordan and Duncan were consulted before major changes to their roster.
doing this isn't a bad thing,it is your legacy on the line not that of your supporting cast.

plenty as been said about LeBron 60 win cavs just go and check the roster.
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 2:27pm On Jul 05, 2016
SIRcumalot:

I didn't get the bolded.

LeBron is above Kobe it isn't even close I don't want to get into anything but I understand if you think differently you are wrong, but I understand. cheesy.

doing this isn't a bad thing,it is your legacy on the line not that of your supporting cast.

So you saying Lebron is better than Kobe?
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 2:34pm On Jul 05, 2016
A40:

I never critiqued LeBron for bolting to the Heat, I could care less where he opted to play. However when people start comparing him to M.J, Kobe etc that is when I bring that up

I only resurrected that topic when I observed that it was Holier than thou LeBron fans that were making the most noise about Durant. No one has provided a credible explanation on why joining with not one but the 2 guys who were supposed to be your competition is better than Durant joining a Golden State no one expected to win 73 games to start with.

Again this is the equivalent of Olajuwon joining up with M.J and Barkley or Ewing in their respective primes
@A40
the equivalent of what KD did is if bron joined the 08celtics that defeated him the ECF.
if that team never won the ship.
too many MVP's in the Jordan draft merger.
but with the Celtics it is the right amount KG and bron.

alot of this stuff will blow over once KD assume is role as the best player on the warriors and start winning FMVP.
we all thought Miami was going to be power sharing between wade,bosh and bron. but that wasn't how it played out.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 2:36pm On Jul 05, 2016
Skywalker5:

So you saying Lebron is better than Kobe?
far, far better
but please,lets just agree to disagree.
the weather is too hot.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 05, 2016
SIRcumalot:

I didn't get the bolded.

LeBron is above Kobe? Is it osogbo weed you are high on now or Bob Marley weed? You even said its not close. Please 5 is greater than 3

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 05, 2016
SIRcumalot:

far, far better
the weather is too hot.
we are not agreeing to disagree. Please, This has been trashed so many times on this thread. Once again 5 is greater than 3

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 2:51pm On Jul 05, 2016
SIRcumalot:

far, far better
the weather is too hot.

Kai, Kobe don suffer grin grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 05, 2016
Skywalker5:

Kai, Kobe don suffer grin grin
lmao he said curry is in the range of dellavadova. He lost all credibility after that.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 05, 2016
LeBron last three championship, those teams were more stacked than Kobe last two. Someone wanna tell me that guy with no jumpshot is better than Kobe? Please in what way?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:09pm On Jul 05, 2016
Donlittle:
we are not agreeing to disagree. Please, This has been trashed so many times on this thread. Once again 5 is greater than 3
Y'all see the bolded?
That is the thinking that made kD jump ship.
You're the one that picked dirk before Malone so am not doing this. I could point to so many numbers but to what end?

and na oshgobo weed by the way.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:12pm On Jul 05, 2016
Don't say crazy things in Summer.. It might just be too hot for you to bear. MJ > Kobe > LeBron.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 05, 2016
SIRcumalot:

Y'all see the bolded?
That is the thinking that made kD jump ship.
You're the one that picked dirk before Malone so am not doing this. I could point to so many numbers but to what end?

and na oshgobo weed by the way.
picked Malone before Dirk? When? Dirk is higher in my books than Malone. KD rings at OKC will never matter to me, Although I have to admit it might be scaring LeBron fan boys because it means more losses for LeBron isn't it?

What numbers do you want to point to thouhh?
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:27pm On Jul 05, 2016
Donlittle:
lmao he said curry is in the range of dellavadova. He lost all credibility after that.
so you couldn't tell this was a joke ?
Donlittle:
picked Malone before Dirk? When? Dirk is higher in my books than Malone. KD rings at OKC will never matter to me, Although I have to admit it might be scaring LeBron fan boys because it means more losses for LeBron isn't it?
What numbers do you want to point to
its ultimately not going to matter
this I know so am not saying anymore.
I could've easily ignore skywalker5 comment about Kobe but I just wanted to rile him up.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 05, 2016
SIRcumalot:

so you couldn't tell this was a joke ?

its ultimately not going to matter
this I know so am not saying anymore.
I could've easily ignore skywalker5 comment about Kobe but I just wanted to rile him up.
I knew very well it was a joke and that's why I asked if you High on osogbo weed this morning

You want to tell me LeBron is better Kobe and just want me to accept. Tell me why you are telling me ultimately it won't matter anymore
Re: The NBA Begins by kenturkish(m): 3:31pm On Jul 05, 2016
Anybody saying lebron is far far better than kobe just comes across to me as a kobe hater and I understand that. You can say "arguably" better and not far far better, saying it's not even close is like is simply stamping lebron as the greatest to ever walk on this earth. Jordan is greater than kobe but not far far greater, as of now currently kobe trumps lebron in my opinion, ain't about rings though just pure basketballing ability. Saying that the number 2 all time shooting guard is way way below lebron is clearly what it is. A kobe hater and I totally get you
Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 3:36pm On Jul 05, 2016
People using rings to define greatness. Dirk above Malone? Okay ooo

In fact O'Neal > Olajuwon
Billups > CP3
O'Neal > Wilt and finally,
Horry > Jordan

Ooh Mpa don talk am, make nobody counter am
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 05, 2016
OohMpa:
People using rings to define greatness. Dirk above Malone? Okay ooo

In fact O'Neal > Olajuwon
Billups > CP3
O'Neal > Wilt and finally,
Horry > Jordan

Ooh Mpa don talk am, make nobody counter am
Horry and Chauncey were not superstars oohmpa

You can argue using the word "arguably" if Shaq was greater than those guys you listed.... Using the world arguably, you can, does not mean you will win the argument, but you can. I mean Shaq had four rings, and three finals mvp, number 7 on the all time scoring list. Don't disrespect the big fella now.

Why is it so hard to believe Dirk was greater than Malone? He led his team to a championship without any All stars and aging vets against superstars and super teams like Lakers, spurs, Okc and eventually beating Lebron, wade, and bosh.

Once again why can't you put Dirk over Malone?

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:51pm On Jul 05, 2016
Donlittle:
I knew very well it was a joke and that's why I asked if you High on osogbo weed this morning

You want to tell me LeBron is better Kobe and just want me to accept. Tell me why you are telling me ultimately it won't matter anymore
you don't have to accept it,
that is why I understand if you think Kobe is better.
it doesn't strength your position or weakens mine.
that "far far"bit was just to stick it to skywalker5 and Kobe fans same way the lequeen,lechoke joke always makes me think about committing murder.

as to why I won't start naming number it is a futile effort it never works their is a counter for every argument.
at the end of the day you will choose to believe what you believe.
so please,let just returning to bashing KD.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:47pm On Jul 05, 2016
SIRcumalot:

I didn't get the bolded.

A.I took a worse roster to the Finals. Tell us another story
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 4:48pm On Jul 05, 2016
SIRcumalot:

that "far far"bit was just to stick it to skywalker5 and Kobe fans same way the lequeen,lechoke joke always makes me think about committing murder.

as to why I won't start naming number it is a futile effort it never works their is a counter for every argument.
WHY WOULD SOMEONE NAME LEBRON LEQUEEN angry

HE IS LEprincess with a small "p" grin grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 05, 2016
A40:

Ol boy I'm just here praying they make room for Dirk. Vets would be falling over themselves to come and play for a ring. In this era of mad money if you must spend at least know you are getting the best.

Heard dirk could have gotten 31 million a year but opted for 20... i would have waited to see who cuban gets before deciding on how much i will take, knowing dirk though, he does not see it like that.

Anyways, Lebron started this whole thing of joining someone to go beat someone, and now everyone eye don open. Can't wait till the finals though, If KD wins, his chip does not count to me though, unless he goes back and win one for OKC
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 5:05pm On Jul 05, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
WHY WOULD SOMEONE NAME LEBRON LEQUEEN angry

HE IS LEprincess with a small "p" grin grin
stick and stones,madam stick and stones. besides, this words have no power over me anymore. am a clipper now.
@A40 I no say dikembe dey that sixers roster dikembe is no scrub.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 05, 2016
Lebron has lost four finals, Guess everytime he lost, he played with scrubs...so much excuse... Kobe losses does not count too because he played with scrubs i guess
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 05, 2016
I do not think there is that much rivalry between these guys, Although lebron fans usually like to bring it up. Would have been better if lebron could have made it to the finals between 2008-2010, but he failed so yeah, i do not think there is a rivalry, Honestly. grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 05, 2016
SIRcumalot:

Lebron is a prima dona and he has failed in the finals so many times, has choked in the finals so many times, Although i have to say, Him not giving up says a lot about who he his and how determined and great the guy his, I give him that. But him being greater than kobe? Nope. Anyways, We would never know because lebron could not get to the finals three years in a row before kobe body started breaking down.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 5:53pm On Jul 05, 2016
Westbrook to the Celtics? if this happens e go make sense.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:19pm On Jul 05, 2016
SIRcumalot:

@A40
the equivalent of what KD did is if bron joined the 08celtics that defeated him the ECF.
if that team never won the ship.
too many MVP's in the Jordan draft merger.
but with the Celtics it is the right amount KG and bron.

alot of this stuff will blow over once KD assume is role as the best player on the warriors and start winning FMVP.
we all thought Miami was going to be power sharing between wade,bosh and bron. but that wasn't how it played out.
That is to you. And knowing LeBron very well he could have. Its just that cap space no go gree am. You think if the Cavs had cap room they wouldn't have gone for another star?

What right amount? Why una dey do double standards like this. A lot of them did not become MVPs till midway into their career and also endured growing pains. Neither the Celts or LeBron and Cavs fans are fit to crucify K.D. They have all taken the easier route and no one is better than the other

Wade handed the keys of that team to LeBron don't gawk it
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 7:17pm On Jul 05, 2016
A40:

That is to you. And knowing LeBron very well he could have. Its just that cap space no go gree am. You think if the Cavs had cap room they wouldn't have gone for another star?

What right amount? Why una dey do double standards like this. A lot of them did not become MVPs till midway into their career and also endured growing pains. Neither the Celts or LeBron and Cavs fans are fit to crucify K.D. They have all taken the easier route and no one is better than the other

Wade handed the keys of that team to LeBron don't gawk it
mehn,i just gave a more fitting analogy for KD's action if LeBron was to do it in that same manner I already said their action is ultimately the same thing.

concerning the Jordan draft merger you mentioned prime season not me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.