Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,961 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1618179 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (2200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by kingsilly(m): 8:53pm On Jul 06, 2016
SIRcumalot:

Miami won't be relevant for awhile,
the clippers can't afford to give him the Max their bench is dead because of this very issue.
but the starting five na straight fire.

I go still Slap you, Na my Miami you dey attach like this

Honestly though, I don't understand pat Riley and what his plans are, good we secure Hassan, what next, nothing, I keep refreshing my bleachers report Miami page no update, except wade and him being clueless were to play next season

Mizzzbeee you guys gat enrollment form, it's highly probable I'll be porting
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:10am On Jul 07, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
Dude just wants to get paid dats all

yup. gotta take care of the fam first
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:19am On Jul 07, 2016
Decale:

Bros, to be sincere I don't like Lebron that much but I have to admit Durant move was way worse than Lebron's

Warriors is a 73 win team before KD, Heat had 47 wins before LeBron and struggled
Warriors now have the last 2 MVPs in their primes, one of the top 5 greatest shooters, a finals mvp plus a triple double all star, Heat bin only get Big 3 and an ageing Allen
Leave that regular season record, no be majority of East dem play? Cavs then wasn't that good and were outplayed by Magic who in turn got swept by Lakers

OKC was a championship team and with the right players can be better, so is the Warriors. In fact, Warriors has a better chance of beating Cavs next season even without Durant. On the other hand, Heat then wasn't a championship side and Cavs wasn't without LeBron.
The best team for Durant would've been in the East probably Celtics or Heat sef.

I'm not saying Lebron wasn't an idiot but you're using your hatred for the king to argue with sentiments

what Durant did undecided He could have gone to any team - he chose the one team he and westbrook had personal beef with. Before last season began, word floating around was that OKC felt they should have won a ring before Warriors. And that animosity showed in the WCF. Then you turn around and join them? That is like Jordan joining the Detroit pistons after getting flogged .

Some things a man just doesnt do ...oh well interesting next season. durant's rep is done. and its unfortunate, because he has always liked to be the "good guy". What would even be worse is if the warriors lose next season again

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:27am On Jul 07, 2016
shocked

Strange things are happening

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:30am On Jul 07, 2016
rondo and wade together ...ewwwwww grin. With butler and a healthy noah, this is a very solid team

wait....possibly no more noah? man this is the most interesting summer i can remember
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:36am On Jul 07, 2016
Roland17:
If for some reason the Heat lose Wade, that would be a catastrophic mistake which would stigmatize the franchise. As much as i believe in Whiteside, i don't think he should be prioritized over Wade.

Wade in his 13 years with the Heats has been exemplary, he has taken several pay cuts to accommodate the needs of the team, remember when the Heats built the Big 3 with Lebron and Bosh and how much pay cut Wade sacrificed? and what does he get for being considerate?

Whiteside for all his defensive prowess is a liability offensively, if the Heat are keeping Bosh (depending on his health) then this deal may be detrimental to their style of play because Bosh and Whiteside need space to play well and last season when they played together, Whiteside's game suffered and proved they can not play together at the same time.

Even though i hope Wade stays, the Heat don't have the cap space thus, If he decides to leave the Heat to get paid, i would bare no grudge against him, everyone is getting paid, he deserves more.

ANYONE REMEMBER THIS POST?

I am eager to see where the Heats get points from, Wade just gave them the classic back door out of the house.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:37am On Jul 07, 2016
birdman:
rondo and wade together ...ewwwwww grin. With butler and a healthy noah, this is a very solid team

wait....possibly no more noah? man this is the most interesting summer i can remember

Noah already signed with the Knicks.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:43am On Jul 07, 2016
Roland17:

ANYONE REMEMBER THIS POST?

I am eager to see where the Heats get points from, Wade just gave them the classic back door out of the house.

Riley tried to play hardball and it didnt work - he needs to understand the mentality of today's nba player. Supposedly he had the same posture with LBJ, which made returning to cleveland more appealing. So Luol is gone, J Johnson is gone too. I dont know if Bosh will really play a full season with health issues. Heat are done.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 4:17am On Jul 07, 2016
kingsilly:

Honestly though, I don't understand pat Riley and what his plans are, good we secure Hassan, what next, nothing, I keep refreshing my bleachers report Miami page no update, except wade and him being clueless were to play next season

its available ooo... You are welcome
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 4:59am On Jul 07, 2016
kingsilly:

Lol so all this lafamila stuff na just for show.
it probably for the best wade sees all his friends signing huge deals it is only right for him to want more money.
on the bright side,Riley is a very capable GM he rebuilds faster than anybody.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:36am On Jul 07, 2016
birdman:

what Durant did undecided He could have gone to any team - he chose the one team he and westbrook had personal beef with. Before last season began, word floating around was that OKC felt they should have won a ring before Warriors. And that animosity showed in the WCF. Then you turn around and join them? That is like Jordan joining the Detroit pistons after getting flogged .

Some things a man just doesnt do ...oh well interesting next season. durant's rep is done. and its unfortunate, because he has always liked to be the "good guy". What would even be worse is if the warriors lose next season again
You're just pissed he took his talents to the Bay area. Warriors never had beefs with OKC just healthy competition. You can call OKC vs Mavs beef not Warriors.. Everyone feel angry cos Warriors are the top and he went to join making them unstoppable and unfair to other teams. Durant like these days players did what's best for their personal interest and his' is rings unlike some others money.
Those who feel his reputation feel he wronged the morally wrong and it's OK to judge him that way. The world will be a better place if everyone tried to understand people's situation and respect their judgement. KD wants ring, Wade wants money cos he already had Rings, LeBron wanted rings at one time and now they have it. Players do this..
There's no beef between both teams KD never truly had a chance against GSW and he finally joined the team chasing him for two years.

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:10am On Jul 07, 2016
miami fans burning wade jersey. Stupid fans.
Dude gave the team his all, if he wants 30 million a year, i say pay him. He has given the team all he has.

Pat riley always thing its his way, Well Guess what? Wade left, and miami will be happy to make the playoffs.
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 11:05am On Jul 07, 2016
So wade left Miami and left Hassan alone. That guy is not after championship rings at all. Hassan will rise.Cant belive he dumped hassan. Miami will rise with Hassan there. Well chicago looks like they might still be good.

This next season is going to be brutal. The knicks looks like they might be contenders also
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:10pm On Jul 07, 2016
SmooshCHN:
You're just pissed he took his talents to the Bay area. Warriors never had beefs with OKC just healthy competition. You can call OKC vs Mavs beef not Warriors.. Everyone feel angry cos Warriors are the top and he went to join making them unstoppable and unfair to other teams. Durant like these days players did what's best for their personal interest and his' is rings unlike some others money.
Those who feel his reputation feel he wronged the morally wrong and it's OK to judge him that way. The world will be a better place if everyone tried to understand people's situation and respect their judgement. KD wants ring, Wade wants money cos he already had Rings, LeBron wanted rings at one time and now they have it. Players do this..
There's no beef between both teams KD never truly had a chance against GSW and he finally joined the team chasing him for two years.

kai. why do warriors fans have to personalize everything. no i am not pissed. seriously. I really am not. just dissapointed. Even with his addition, the west is not a sure win for warriors next year (the spurs have another year to gel after all the new additions last year). In terms of what is best for his career, you and I can only speculate. But think about it this way - let me put what I thought his top 4 should have been

Celtics - He becomes the go-to guy on a young but dangerous team, and the face of top 2 storied franchises in the nation. Instantly, the news will be about an LBJ-Durant ECF battle, for years to come. This was the team I thought would be best by far for his career.

Mavericks - This team was one scorer away from contending last year. Imagine Durant comes in and they get to WCF - MVP on a big market team. I'd say his rep is made.

Wizard - Backcourt of Wall and Beal. Again, he becomes the face of the Wiz. Athough he will share the limelight with Wall, Wall can be more a true PG and wont eat into Duran't points. Another instant ECF contender

OKC - He remains with westbrook and the twin towers. Coach Donovan will only get better and they will likely get to WCF again.

He left all these much better career options to become number 3 or 4 option on a 73 win team? Maaaan, this was a bad move. I am rooting for Durant, but this is going to hurt when it finally sets in for him. Worst thing is, if the warriors win next year, he is just another dude on a winning team. If they lose, oh boy....

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:13pm On Jul 07, 2016
Skywalker5:
So wade left Miami and left Hassan alone. That guy is not after championship rings at all. Hassan will rise.Cant belive he dumped hassan. Miami will rise with Hassan there. Well chicago looks like they might still be good.

This next season is going to be brutal. The knicks looks like they might be contenders also

I think so, but I have reservations about a Rose-Melo combo. Looks good on paper, but both kind-sorta need the paint to get going
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:27pm On Jul 07, 2016
birdman:

kai. why do warriors fans have to personalize everything. no i am not pissed. seriously. I really am not. just dissapointed.

Even with his additition, the west is not a sure win for warriors next year. In terms of what is best for his career, you and I can only speculate. But think about it this way - let me put what I thought his top 4 should have been

Celtics - He becomes the go-to guy on a team of a young but dangerous team, and the face of top 2 storied franchises in the nation. Instantly, the news will be about an LBJ-Durant ECF battle, for years to come. This was the team I thought would be best by far for his career.

Mavericks - This team was one scorer away from contending last year. Imagine Durant comes in and they get to WCF - MVP on a big market team. I'd say his rep is made.

Wizard - Backcourt of Wall and Beal. Again, he becomes the face of the Wiz. Athough he will share the limelight with Wall, Wall can be more a true PG and wont eat into Duran't points. Another instant ECF contender

OKC - He remains with westbrook and the twin towers. Coach Donovan will only get better and they will likely get to WCF again.

He left all these much better career options to become number 3 or 4 option on a 73 win team? Maaaan, this was a bad move. I am rooting for Durant, but this is going to hurt when it finally sets in for him. Worst thing is, if the warriors win next year, he is just another dude on a winning team. If they lose, oh boy....
The dude said it specifically, he wants rings. He has been a contender for 7/9 years of his career. He's tired of getting so close and knowing it's not just enough.. OKC is known for making very foolish trade moves from Harden to Reggie Jackson to Ibaka. The one who has been drawing him back at OKC is Westbrook. And Westbrook never listen even when he was under the former coach and he still hasn't changed under Donovan with his 33% 3pt and unnecessary turnovers and ball hugging. Westbrook is great but he never for once listened to KD or the coach. I know how many times I've seen both if them argue in a match over his one man mopol attitude. Wade moved for money he didn't care if it was Denver Nuggets and even ending up in Bulls wasn't because he wants rings all for "Money". So understand when KD went for rings. The dude doesn't want to end up like Malone, Charles Barkley or Brain Scott 1-8 in "NBA FINALS" and this 2yr deal is best for his career. Going for the opportunity of a title is not foolishness and leaving your comfort zone won't please you or everyone but at the end it doesn't make sense when you expect someone to please you and end up being sad for the rest HIS your life. You won't do that and I wouldn't allow my brother do that. You can be heart broken "disappointed" should be used by those he assured to that he wasn't moving. He already said a month before now that he'll be making basketball decisions not family or friends'. Bad move is when he doesn't fit into the team or just went to chop bench.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:30pm On Jul 07, 2016
birdman:

I think so, but I have reservations about a Rose-Melo combo. Looks good on paper, but both kind-sorta need the paint to get going
They have Porzingis and Joakim Noah..
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:36pm On Jul 07, 2016
SmooshCHN:
The dude said it specifically, he wants rings. He has been a contender for 7/9 years of his career. He's tired of getting so close and knowing it's not just enough..

I hear you. Ultimately its up to him - but remember last year I blasted Aldridge for doing the same thing with the Spurs. I didnt say anything about David West. Why? Early in your career, you ALWAYS go for the money. Ring/championship is something a bunch of billionaires invented to keep their business/game viable for as long as possible. If you play in the NBA, you are unltimately an employee. Simple.

Durant chasing ring over career at this point is just as bad as what Aldridge did. I am not saying don't chase ring, nothing wrong with that, but for the love of God dont do it at the expense of your career path and big time pay - did you see how much Conley got?! Man, I wish more savvy NBA vets would sit with this youngn's and teach them what is real and what is not - get larger and get paid while you can!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:37pm On Jul 07, 2016
SmooshCHN:
They have Porzingis and Joakim Noah..

true that..I keep forgetting noah is gone - i cant imagine him as anything other than a bull.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 1:51pm On Jul 07, 2016
@birdman mavericks and wizard ?
that is starting all over again.
one thing I respect,the Durant move was strictly for legacy and not money.
Durant has a shoe contract and at the end of the day all this 1+1 moves that he and James signs is to target the next spike in the salary cap.

the news bulls is going to be so bad,rondo,wade and Butler need way too much of the ball to be effective enough.

maybe the Butler trade is still on the table.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 2:29pm On Jul 07, 2016
birdman:
kai. why do warriors fans have to personalize everything. no i am not pissed. seriously. I really am not. just dissapointed.

Even with his additition, the west is not a sure win for warriors next year. In terms of what is best for his career, you and I can only speculate. But think about it this way - let me put what I thought his top 4 should have been

Celtics - He becomes the go-to guy on a team of a young but dangerous team, and the face of top 2 storied franchises in the nation. Instantly, the news will be about an LBJ-Durant ECF battle, for years to come. This was the team I thought would be best by far for his career.

For Celtics -Yeah of course the LBJ-DURANT BATTLE. Good for the NBA, AWESOME for the Fans. Would he get to the finals? Probabilty of that happening is strong (infact higher probability than he had with okc).

Would he win a ring? well yeah eventually. HOW MANY? undecided Your guess is as good as mine. I'll say 1 in the next 3years, thats 12 years in the nba.

MAvs- Mavs hmmm Dont just see it... Would still face spurs, warriors and clippers even blazers wud give him issues. Would he get to the finals hmmm maybe eventually, maybe the third season or fourth undecided

Would he win against cavs? undecided dnt still see it, maybe when Lebron's body finally gives up he would get that ring. Probability of him getting that ring is low undecided so lets just say eventually he gets 1 max. thats like 14years in the nba

Wizards -ECF contender thats all i see, finals? Wiz are a long shot. Pacers and rapts have better shot than they do. But if he eventually does it. A championship? Again i dont see it undecided So probability is low. Less probability than he staying in okc. SO why bother? undecided

OKC - Westbrook wont remain at OKC so he would have been left hanging. But if you are talking about next season, i can bet you warriors have something to prove much more than okc. They might get to the WCF but would fall flat.

And yes, he would regret it because this is the only chance he gets to play for the warriors.

Warriors do not have the cap space next season to afford him, cuz they would have secured Barnes this season. Even if he gets to the finals which i dont see, would he beat Lebron James? hmm cant pick that

But signing with Warriors makes all these other options look like trash, Probability of him wining a ring? Very High!, How many? You guess is as good as mine (in a good way) cheesy i'll say at least 2, knowing this team maayb 3-4 if he stays. And forget conley, These dudes, Curry, KD, Bron make more money from the shoe contacts, ads etc.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 5:14pm On Jul 07, 2016
Skywalker5:

Dude, dont blame wade leaving. Blame the Miami Heat Organization led by Pat Riley.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 5:16pm On Jul 07, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
For Celtics -Yeah of course the LBJ-DURANT BATTLE. Good for the NBA, AWESOME for the Fans. Would he get to the finals? Probabilty of that happening is strong (infact higher probability than he had with okc).

Would he win a ring? well yeah eventually. HOW MANY? undecided Your guess is as good as mine. I'll say 1 in the next 3years, thats 12 years in the nba.

MAvs- Mavs hmmm Dont just see it... Would still face spurs, warriors and clippers even blazers wud give him issues. Would he get to the finals hmmm maybe eventually, maybe the third season or fourth undecided

Would he win against cavs? undecided dnt still see it, maybe when Lebron's body finally gives up he would get that ring. Probability of him getting that ring is low undecided so lets just say eventually he gets 1 max. thats like 14years in the nba

Wizards -ECF contender thats all i see, finals? Wiz are a long shot. Pacers and rapts have better shot than they do. But if he eventually does it. A championship? Again i dont see it undecided So probability is low. Less probability than he staying in okc. SO why bother? undecided

OKC - Westbrook wont remain at OKC so he would have been left hanging. But if you are talking about next season, i can bet you warriors have something to prove much more than okc. They might get to the WCF but would fall flat.

And yes, he would regret it because this is the only chance he gets to play for the warriors.

Warriors do not have the cap space next season to afford him, cuz they would have secured Barnes this season. Even if he gets to the finals which i dont see, would he beat Lebron James? hmm cant pick that

But signing with Warriors makes all these other options look like trash, Probability of him wining a ring? Very High!, How many? You guess is as good as mine (in a good way) cheesy i'll say at least 2, knowing this team maayb 3-4 if he stays. And forget conley, These dudes, Curry, KD, Bron make more money from the shoe contacts, ads etc.
My take is that, he should have signed at least a 1yr contract for OKC this season before leaving because OKC trades in the market were all centred around him.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 5:19pm On Jul 07, 2016
SmooshCHN:
The dude said it specifically, he wants rings. He has been a contender for 7/9 years of his career. He's tired of getting so close and knowing it's not just enough.. OKC is known for making very foolish trade moves from Harden to Reggie Jackson to Ibaka. The one who has been drawing him back at OKC is Westbrook. And Westbrook never listen even when he was under the former coach and he still hasn't changed under Donovan with his 33% 3pt and unnecessary turnovers and ball hugging. Westbrook is great but he never for once listened to KD or the coach. I know how many times I've seen both if them argue in a match over his one man mopol attitude. Wade moved for money he didn't care if it was Denver Nuggets and even ending up in Bulls wasn't because he wants rings all for "Money". So understand when KD went for rings. The dude doesn't want to end up like Malone, Charles Barkley or Brain Scott 1-8 in "NBA FINALS" and this 2yr deal is best for his career. Going for the opportunity of a title is not foolishness and leaving your comfort zone won't please you or everyone but at the end it doesn't make sense when you expect someone to please you and end up being sad for the rest HIS your life. You won't do that and I wouldn't allow my brother do that. You can be heart broken "disappointed" should be used by those he assured to that he wasn't moving. He already said a month before now that he'll be making basketball decisions not family or friends'. Bad move is when he doesn't fit into the team or just went to chop bench.
How sure are you he's not going to distort the team chemistry?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:46pm On Jul 07, 2016
birdman:

I hear you. Ultimately its up to him - but remember last year I blasted Aldridge for doing the same thing with the Spurs. I didnt say anything about David West. Why? Early in your career, you ALWAYS go for the money. Ring/championship is something a bunch of billionaires invented to keep their business/game viable for as long as possible. If you play in the NBA, you are unltimately an employee. Simple.

Durant chasing ring over career at this point is just as bad as what Aldridge did. I am not saying don't chase ring, nothing wrong with that, but for the love of God dont do it at the expense of your career path and big time pay - did you see how much Conley got?! Man, I wish more savvy NBA vets would sit with this youngn's and teach them what is real and what is not - get larger and get paid while you can!!!
Don't confuse yourself. Your career is whatever you make do of your time as an employee in the NBA whether you chase money, rings or baby mamas.. Durant got $54M/2yrs with 1 year player option which he becomes a Restricted Free Agent.. There's no need for us to argue if Barnes has made his shots in the finals, we know who we'd be celebrating now but it didn't happen. And now a Nigga who balls better and has been chased for 2yrs finally decides to agree without sacrificing money when he has nothing to lose and everyone cries foul. Take note next year, salaries will be top roof and if he decides to moves somewhere, it'll dust off Mike Conley's $30.7M.. It's business with wisdom without sympathy.
A man has wishes in his heart.. There's something you might not have thought about.
Why did Chris Paul cry when he got injured against Portland this Playoffs??
Why was Carmelo pissed about last season??
Why did Klay Thompson refuse the fair play when he lost the conference finals??

It's all because they were close and gave their all and it wasn't enough.

CP3 is 31 I guess and 7 years from now if he's still without rings, he'll never feel right about it. No NBA will pick loyalty over rings or money. Their taste and desire to win is what got them to the NBA not loyalty.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:58pm On Jul 07, 2016
aliondo:

How sure are you he's not going to distort the team chemistry?
Cos the GSW and the Spurs are different from every other team in the NBA "to an extent".. These two teams "get every teammates involved equally on court", "play a team oriented basketball", "share the ball before you shoot", never hesitate to pass to someone who has better looks.. in the locker room, the main cores like Iguodala, Livingston, Curry, Klay, Green and Bogut used to hang out a lot and no rifts now Bogut is out and here comes Durant who's known Curry since primary school, hangs out with Klay during off season and good friends with Green and most close to Iguodala, KD who has always wanted Westbrook to be selfless for years all to no avail and finally finds himself a place where others come first on court and friends off court. So where is the Chemistry wearing off? For them to have gotten to this stage, for KD to have accepted moving to Warriors and breaking the hearts of Millions of fans, he knows he's not going to face family problems and issues and they know they're ready to accept him. (All four of those guys where present in the meeting when Pitching to KD) "Chemistry" will never stop those who have had a scent of victory. Warriors are a "Team Branded" organization. Well you won't know or believe all these if you're not a real Warriors fan.

Wade has Broken Rondo's hand once and they've almost fought on so many occasions and traded words but guess what, Wade finally goes to Bulls to meet the same Rondo. Chemistry didn't stop Cleveland and top teams in the NBA knows how to fix those issues ask Popovich and Tyron Lue.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 07, 2016
if that miami team can develop chemistry, the Warriors can certainly develop chemistry

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 07, 2016
Not mad at Durant, nor wade... They are chasing rings, money or whatever. Go do it. Just disappointed really because it is less competition in the west.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:13pm On Jul 07, 2016
Donlittle:
Not mad at Durant, nor wade... They are chasing rings, money or whatever. Go do it. Just disappointed really because it is less competition in the west.

west is deep enough to absorb this i think. remember the clippers gassed out because of injuries. mavs arent really going away and will probably make playoffs with a few trades. similar for the rockets. And dont look past the grizz - they are aguably better. The top 5-6 teams in the west are all deadly, and any of the top 4 can come out of the West. Lets see if Warriors utilize durant's length and defensive potential, or if he just becomes another gunner. Sad day if its the latter...

@smooshchn, you raise some good points, but frankly, we wont know how things turn out until several players see their ppg and touches drop come december, january. off court friendships are good in theory

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 7:36pm On Jul 07, 2016
aliondo:

My take is that, he should have signed at least a 1yr contract for OKC this season before leaving because OKC trades in the market were all centred around him.
you see this is the problem. You all wanted him to sign not for him and wt he wants but because the okc trades were all centered around him.

But when players like Wade live for the fans and what not, GM's like Pat Riley reminds them that it's all about BUSINESS and not sentiments.

So no! He shouldn't have done wat pipo think, but want he wants in his heart. At the end of the day he is Durant and has the right to choose.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:37pm On Jul 07, 2016
Abeg someone should riddle me this. Why is it better for a player to sign for an outfit with less probability of winning a ring, when the money they would have paid him is not more than what he would have earned playing for a team with a far greater probability?

What is all this talk about loyalty and reputation? Why did Magic and Bird stay with one team? Well, for starters, the Cetlics and Lakers of the 80s were the absolute best. Why would anyone want to leave such teams?

How can't people see that OKC had plateaued? They had nowhere else to go. They are not better than SAS or GSW. And chances are they may have regressed the following season. I don't see anything wrong with what KD did just like I never criticised Lebron for leaving.

As for those who think KD going there will make the NBA less competitive, they should tell us what sport they were watching when Bill Russell and his Celtics team were winning 11 titles or When Jordan and his bulls won 6 titles between 91-98.

KD will be judged by his rings. Jordan pretty much said it when he was asked to compare Bron and Kobe. Let Reggie Miller and Ewing use their reputation and loyalty to buy a ring. I don't remember anyone telling us Lebron only has 1 ring. They said he has 3 and that he is even top 5 greatest in Magic's eyes. If KD wins 3 or 4 with GSW, trust me, that's all history will remember.

Gary Payton won a ring with Miami in 06 I think. Who remembers that? That's why going to sneak a ring towards the end of your career is useless. KD should win a ring now that he still matters- and that's what he wants to do. It is fine by me.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:04pm On Jul 07, 2016
Report from live interview..

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (2200) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.