Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,432 members, 7,836,734 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (340) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1644327 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (2234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:11am On Jul 11, 2016
KD moves to the Warriors to win rings which he himself said with no hidden agenda
Refs helped Warriors win OKC from 3-1 with Klay shooting like he was in Iraq but suspending Green when passively acted when LeBron walked over a 26yr old man and sending off Curry for returning back after a play was not help from the refs and NBA for Cavs..

Mhen!!! We are Chieves and Queens in this Double Standard game.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:41am On Jul 11, 2016
@nairamaniac
K.D stooped low but LeBron who joined with 2 of the top 5 picks of his draft in his prime didn't stoop low? You people should fear Jesus nau! I'm still waiting for anyone to show me where it has happened in any American sport (NHL, NFL, MLB, NBA, MLS) that 3 of the top 5 draft picks from 1 year in their respective primes came together to form one team. No Voltron pass this one

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:55am On Jul 11, 2016
lolawilliams:

You shldnt even put leBron in this, before leBron left the cavs, he was all the cavs had, that cavs team bck then were not as good as today's thunders team. if leBron had a strong team as this when he was at cavs, he wouldn't have left. when he left the cavs, they lost alot of games the following season and turned into a weak team but okc wld still manage and get into the playoffs evn without k.D.. it shows leBron took his talent elsewhere to get a ring, he cnt gt it with a weak team, but what should we call K.D' s own, is okc a weak team??

Another reason why you shldnt put leBron name into this is that, he went to the heat that last tasted a ship in 2006, he never went to a winning team then. as at that year, he never went to a teak better than the heats, he never went to lakers or celtics or other teams that were dominatin the league.

Im not into any double standard sh't. Im just dissapointed he left okc that went so hard in playoffs, a team that dominated Spurs in playoffs, a team that dominated warriors in playoffs and wld hve qualified if not for refs and westbrook.

Well. it's his life. Im not angry or kad he went to Gsw. i can understand he needs a ring

Which year did OKC make playoffs without K.D?

What is this never went to a winning team argument? K.G, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce joined forces and transformed the Celtics from the worst to the best team in the league. Each player in their 30's. How much more the Heat who were a 45 win team with D. Wade now getting James and Bosh and much younger than the Celtics
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:00am On Jul 11, 2016
nairamaniac:

clips WD HV been perfect for Durant. but i doubt they have the cap-space to accommodate him. Going there, would have maintained his legacy & reputation.
How would joining Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan (3 All-stars, All NBA Teamers) maintain his legacy? Because the Clippers are yet to live up to their hype and win a ring unlike a GS team no one saw coming. I'm really curious to know your rationale
Re: The NBA Begins by Bobbieydeey: 2:33am On Jul 11, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
lmao, the guy was enjoying the fun with friends and family...Curry, Klay and Iggy were all in the US... CP was in Spain jare... Me too won't fly down to come and persuade one human being joor
hmmm persuade a player that can made a difference in your career
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:13am On Jul 11, 2016
Bobbieydeey:
Hahaha.. Wicked cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 6:26am On Jul 11, 2016
Bobbieydeey:
yimu, abegi did Durant now come? No. Even with the "he was blown away buhaha", he wrote clips off even before he made his decision. Which I doubt it's because CP wasn't Der undecided

The is why we are in the tech age, calls, Skype, goto meeting, etc are used for such things. If that wasn't enuf then I doubt a face to face would have made the difference. Durant isn't the president of America abeg, I am on vacation with my family and friends I shud now fly down from Spain to meet you undecided TSK!

As Roland said it's like CP has made peace with his ring less situation sad
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 8:39am On Jul 11, 2016
Wait! What I don't get with the "if Draymond got suspended okc wud have won" talk is it ddn't affect the game one bit because Golden state lost the match he was supposed to have been suspended for. So what is the problem undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 9:44am On Jul 11, 2016
A40:
@nairamaniac
K.D stooped low but LeBron who joined with 2 of the top 5 picks of his draft in his prime didn't stoop low? You people should fear Jesus nau! I'm still waiting for anyone to show me where it has happened in any American sport (NHL, NFL, MLB, NBA, MLS) that 3 of the top 5 draft picks from 1 year in their respective primes came together to form one team. No Voltron pass this one

Lool. Now you saying he went to form a team with the top5 NBA draft. Well Timberwolves has wiggins, towns and garnett, they are all top 5 drafts, even if they wanted K.D, he wld never go there. Just forget about King forming a team with the top 5 drafts.

Just remove NFL from this list, a team full of the top picks wont guarantee you a championship, we can never tell who would win the next super Bowl. Thats why it remains america most loved sport, they dont build up a big team that wont guarantee a ring. NFL consists of 253 total selection in 7 rounds, so you hardly see 3 top 5 pick in the same team. first round picks are known as the best draftees. My fav team New York Giants have alot of first round pick, yet no ship still

And I stand to be corrected, Cincinatti bengals had the 3 of a 5top picks in their team, Bob Johnson was 2nd overall pick, Gregg cook was 5th overall pick, sherman white was 2nd overall.
Re: The NBA Begins by kenturkish(m): 10:34am On Jul 11, 2016
No need to hate on KD jumping ship to the warriors, he needs his rings and that's the safest bet for him to get it now. And for those who think he will play second fiddle or third fiddle guess again, he is going there to be the main man, it's just that simple. Arguably the greatest scorer in the NBA he won't play 2nd fiddle to nobody, klays and greens numbers would drop a bit in the scoring department there is no question about that.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:11pm On Jul 11, 2016
kenturkish:
No need to hate on KD jumping ship to the warriors, he needs his rings and that's the safest bet for him to get it now. And for those who think he will play second fiddle or third fiddle guess again, he is going there to be the main man, it's just that simple. Arguably the greatest scorer in the NBA he won't play 2nd fiddle to nobody, klays and greens numbers would drop a bit in the scoring department there is no question about that.

We seem to share same perspective like others about KD jumping ship, However, i don't think KD is interested in who the face of the Warrior's franchise or roaster is. He made a pragmatic decision and this is all about rings like we agree and if he wanted a franchise situation i think he would have remained with the Thunder.

I expect them to guide their offense through Durant/ Curry as their primary scorers especially during transition offense and i hope Green is understanding on the court, because we have seen numerous times Green became irritated, using foul language and bantering with Kerr because he was not a part of the offense during games. How they handle their individual ego would be important and determine the level of success this team would record.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:15pm On Jul 11, 2016
A40:

How would joining Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan (3 All-stars, All NBA Teamers) maintain his legacy? Because the Clippers are yet to live up to their hype and win a ring unlike a GS team no one saw coming. I'm really curious to know your rationale

How would Green handle the inevitable drop in his numbers offensively? Remember how irritated he becomes when he is not a part of the offense, he usually resorts to using foul language and bantering with Kerr.

Do you think Green can truly handle this high volume offense on the court without him being an integral part?
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 1:18pm On Jul 11, 2016
Have everyone forgotten Eric Bledsoe? I use to compare this guy to Curry a lot then but he struggled with injury a lot.There are rumours that he might be heading to the thunder for a trade for westrbrook. That's another player i would love to watch
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 2:34pm On Jul 11, 2016
SmooshCHN:
I feel for CP3.. What would you do if you were him? Or what do you think he should do?
that clippers starting five is still one of the best in the league. he should remain.
with prayer and a few minor injuries to some key teams in key moments.
the clippers will be champions this year.

@eruditor,make I just lock up.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:33pm On Jul 11, 2016
Roland17:

How would Green handle the inevitable drop in his numbers offensively? Remember how irritated he becomes when he is not a part of the offense, he usually resorts to using foul language and bantering with Kerr.
Do you think Green can truly handle this high volume offense on the court without him being an integral part?
Roland17:

We seem to share same perspective like others about KD jumping ship, However, i don't think KD is interested in who the face of the Warrior's franchise or roaster is. He made a pragmatic decision and this is all about rings like we agree and if he wanted a franchise situation i think he would have remained with the Thunder.
I expect them to guide their offense through Durant/ Curry as their primary scorers especially during transition offense and i hope Green is understanding on the court, because we have seen numerous times Green became irritated, using foul language and bantering with Kerr because he was not a part of the offense during games. How they handle their individual ego would be important and determine the level of success this team would record.
He never used foul words on Kerr. The worst we know confirmed as fans was him complaining about turnovers and not getting ball on offense which happens when they use the death lineup and Green becomes Center.. This is confirmed as at last season. The other case was in Feb against OKC when he finished with I think 7pts in 1st half of the game where Curry beat the Buzzer.. He complained that they weren't sharing the ball and Kerr told him to sit and which he refused and said if you don't want me shooting, I won't shoot.. Though he later made points.. But one thing you should know is that he's mature and takes every loss very personal. His irritation is needed sometimes and it usually propels the teammates to win. I'm very sure if he was present in Game 5, we'd have won the game.. His mental toughness will push the team rather than break them.. And the finals Loss after 3-1 will always keep them in check.. I believe. It's what winners do. Iguodala sacrificed his starting position for Barnes, Bogut sits out most when we play Spurs or Cavs Livingston sees less time when offense is really needed. Most of them have made much more sacrifices.. A drop in point wouldn't disrupt them..
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:37pm On Jul 11, 2016
Tim Duncan announces retirement.. cry
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 6:15pm On Jul 11, 2016
The greatest power forward Tim Duncan retires. cry

The 40-year-old ends his career with one of the most decorated resumes in NBA history. Duncan won two MVP awards, made 15 All-Star teams and was named an All-NBA selection on 15 different occasions. He also won five NBA championships. Spotrac noted Duncan earned $236 million during his time with the Spurs.

During his 19 seasons, Duncan averaged 19.0 points, 10.8 rebounds and 2.2 blocks per game. His numbers dipped to 8.6 points, 7.3 rebounds and 1.3 blocks in 2015-16 as he ceded offensive responsibilities to LaMarcus Aldridge.

Those numbers far undersold Duncan's per-minute effect. ESPN's Real Plus-Minus rated him the 12th-best player in basketball and the second-best defender overall.

Under the steady stewardship of Gregg Popovich, the Spurs increased their regular-season win total by 36 games as Duncan proved he was worth every bit of the hype.

He averaged 21.1 points, 11.9 rebounds and 2.5 blocks per game, winning the NBA's Rookie of the Month award every month during the season en route to a Rookie of the Year award, an All-Star selection and first-team All-NBA honors.- - Courtesy Bleacher report
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 6:30pm On Jul 11, 2016
warriors don make Duncan retire SMH wetin go happen next?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 6:43pm On Jul 11, 2016
SIRcumalot:
warriors don make Duncan retire SMH
wetin go happen next?
Draymond arrested for assault. Chai! It's like they r following that boy! Might be jailed for 3months if found guilty embarassed

US team looking into it.. I hope they don't drop him embarassed

So he was arrested for slapping a fan who was taunting him grin good for the fan cheesy

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 7:03pm On Jul 11, 2016
Don't let anyone fool you

I'm pretty sure Green kicked the cop in his nuts
Rip Testes cry
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:41pm On Jul 11, 2016
Roland17:

Why I'm fairly confident this is a marriage that could work is because of the skill set of these guys. Neither Steph, Klay or even Draymond are anything as close to Westbrook when it comes to ball dominance

Plus Draymond the scorer is still very much work in progress. He cannot dominate every night like Durant can. And I'm sure the Warriors knew that before pushing for him. The ball movement, spacing and the drop in iso plays would definitely be a pleasant suprise for K.D

These guys are selfless.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:58pm On Jul 11, 2016
He'd be fined that's all.. You know Americans and their taunting especially when it comes to celebs all because they can press charges.. He'll be fined, nothing more.
Re: The NBA Begins by Kenekene1(m): 8:26pm On Jul 11, 2016
When I heard the news about green been charged for assault I just remembered d groin incidents he was associated with during the playoffs. Hope the guy is not on the path of becoming a gangster.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:06pm On Jul 11, 2016
lolawilliams:

Lool. Now you saying he went to form a team with the top5 NBA draft. Well Timberwolves has wiggins, towns and garnett, they are all top 5 drafts, even if they wanted K.D, he wld never go there. Just forget about King forming a team with the top 5 drafts.
Lmaoo. Lola no kill me with laugh abeg. I'm talking about 3 guys in their peak drafted the same year in the top 5 joining to form a team you dey mention rookie K.A.T and arugbo ojo Kevin Garnett

What LeBron did is akin to Olajuwon and Charles Barkley joining Michael Jordan in 1990 at the Bulls. How many rings do you think that team would have won?

lolawilliams:

My fav team New York Giants have alot of first round pick, yet no ship still
Are you sure its Giants or Jets you are talking about. Because I recall seeing Eli Manning lifting a Lombardi trophy in 08 and 2012

lolawilliams:

And I stand to be corrected, Cincinatti bengals had the 3 of a 5top picks in their team, Bob Johnson was 2nd overall pick, Gregg cook was 5th overall pick, sherman white was 2nd overall.
Nope. Never from the same draft class
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 9:38pm On Jul 11, 2016
Guys, I want to see your top 5 PFs. No debates or counter arguments, just list

Mine goes thus:

Duncan
Malone
Dirk
KG
Barkley

cc Everyone
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 10:42pm On Jul 11, 2016
Decale:
Guys, I want to see your top 5 PFs. No debates or counter arguments, just list

Mine goes thus:

Duncan
Malone
Dirk
KG
Barkley

cc Everyone
is that in an ascending order or descending order?
Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 10:46pm On Jul 11, 2016
Eruditor:

I don't want to have to resort to invectives so I would just keep it short.

KD didn't demand to be traded. He was a free agent and he had the option of leaving which he actualized. On the other hand, GSW had the cap space to pay him and they opted for him.

If Magic was in Lakers for 9 years without a ring and was presented with Free agency and a chance to join the Celtics; he would have joined them. The same goes for Bird and Lakers.

Both players as well as all the superstars in the late 80s and 90s joined hands to form the dream team of 1992. I don't know why they didn't think it was "denigrating their legacy" to form such a formidable team to beat minnows from other countries at the Olympics.

The synopsis is as smooshchn said: double standardness is the bane of many a people of which Nigerians seem to be chief.

That you even tried to compartmentalize Lebron's move and present it as disparate from KD's, is unseemly and clumsy to be frank. And then the silly addendums of "stats and Wikipedia" or even age difference, just dumbs your argument even more.

well after all said and done, we both would never agree.

I'm glad we had these argument, especially to this extent.

The most I deduced from it all is that you and I have a very wide understanding of success, philosophy of life and the game of basketball.

It doesn't make any of us worse/better than the other.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:04pm On Jul 11, 2016
Salute to the Big Fundamental. Couldn't stand this guy in the earlier years, rivalries with Kobe's Lakers and Dirk's Mavs ensured that. However as time went on I gained appreciation for his consistency and how he dominated the game with his intelligence rather than athleticism his drama free and much derided bland personality. You can imagine the shock to find out he even had a tattoo.

Shoulda retired after they beat the Heat IMO.

Respect to a model professional and legend. Only one Tim Duncan
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:11pm On Jul 11, 2016
Top 5 PF
Tim Duncan Dirk Nowitzki Karl Malone Kevin Garnett Charles Barkley
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 11:41pm On Jul 11, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
is that in an ascending order or descending order?

In what world would it be in ascending order? grin
Re: The NBA Begins by kenturkish(m): 5:54am On Jul 12, 2016
Roland17:

You are right, the chemistry of the team needs to be on point for them to succeed. Green is hot headed and he is not as good as he thinks if he is not willing to sacrifice for the team, then he should be moved on. Curry and KD then klay before Green.
Re: The NBA Begins by kenturkish(m): 6:07am On Jul 12, 2016
Big ups to Tim Duncan the ultimate professional, greatest power forward to grace the NBA. Its now officially kawahi Leonards team.

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (2234) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.