Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (342) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1623664 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 1:43pm On Jul 14, 2016
Eruditor:

I never criticised Cavs team. I only try to point out some similarities to their Fans when they try to make it look like Lebron plays with scrubs. In fact, when Bron decided to go Cavs, I felt they were a super team of some sorts.

My take is, see how Wiggins or Bogut didn't have a say. The team just traded them to whatever team they had business with. So I see no reason why when players have the chance to move where they want to go, other teams' GMs and so-called legends start complaining.
just imagine if they trade Westbrook to the highest bidder grin maybe Denver Nuggets cheesy cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 1:48pm On Jul 14, 2016
Eruditor:

I never criticised Cavs team. I only try to point out some similarities to their Fans when they try to make it look like Lebron plays with scrubs. In fact, when Bron decided to go Cavs, I felt they were a super team of some sorts.

My take is, see how Wiggins or Bogut didn't have a say. The team just traded them to whatever team they had business with. So I see no reason why when players have the chance to move where they want to go, other teams' GMs and so-called legends start complaining.

Oh I get that part
See wade who in good intention sacrifice money for Miami for years thinking he'll get paid later.
Or the bulls that just traded a way "the Rose that grew from concrete"
Just so they can avoid not to pay him the max if he plays well this year.
Not criticizing these moves above but I know it goes both ways.

not super like big 3 super but definitely a contender.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 1:52pm On Jul 14, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
just imagine if they trade Westbrook to the highest bidder grin maybe Denver Nuggets cheesy cheesy
Denver would be stupid to take that deal,they have to get underground confirmation from WB to know it isn't just a one year rental.
I think it is going to be the Lakers or Celtics
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 2:04pm On Jul 14, 2016
question to all did we give LMA this more sheet when he joined the Spurs ?
would the league and the fans be This vexed if Durant joined the spurs
what do you all think ?
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 2:04pm On Jul 14, 2016
question to all
did we give LMA this much sheet when he joined the Spurs ?

what do you all think ?
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 2:13pm On Jul 14, 2016
SIRcumalot:
question to all
did we give LMA this more sheet when he joined the Spurs ?

what do you all think ?

Well, Durant did beat Spurs and Aldridge isn't a franchise player or a top 10 player. So, no the league will be less livid

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 2:15pm On Jul 14, 2016
SmooshCHN:
I understand you and I respect your view concerning the KD issue.. I just feel "Strength of character" the way you used it overhyped. Moving to a better team to help achieve to your goal in life has nothing to do with strength of character.. He would've gone to Clippers but isn't the team studded enough to win on their own? Would it have meant he had strength of character?
Not everyone has that "Follow my lead attitude" or has that "inspirational characteristics like in the movies". Not every has that Alpha ability and no one should be judged for it. It has little to do with Winning. What you play, how you play is enough to inspire people around you. You don't have to give Captain's ship on the storm speech to win.. Durant and Russell and OKC always liked the Give the ball to KD and Russell play and even when KD shares the ball or involve others, it still doesn't get them anywhere..
Even the LeBron had to team up in Miami and buy the hot hands to win in Cavs.. It's all strategy not strength of character. Take those players in Miami, Bosh, Wade, Ray Allen, all were stars individually. In Cavs, JR, Irving, Love, Thompson are great individually. All they did was form a team. He did not just go to these teams and lectured them like Jesus did and they won.
OKC would have been serious if they made right choices. It's no KD's fault they didn't win.
A Nigga made his move, other have made theirs and are celebrated. Let him live.

Damn, I love this post. I would pick a lot from it. especially the part that says:

Not everyone has that "Follow my lead attitude" or has that "inspirational characteristics like in the movies". Not every has that Alpha ability and no one should be judged for it.

Nice 1.
Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 2:22pm On Jul 14, 2016
Decale:

Well, Durant did beat Spurs and Aldridge isn't a franchise player or a top 10 player. So, no the league will be less livid
he was their franchise player after Roy
he also was and still in my top 10.

I know their are reasons for why spurs won't make the move one of them being kawhi.
but, I swear,this franchise as some kind of juju dem dey jazz people with.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:44pm On Jul 14, 2016
I'm seeing too many death sqauds here..
I'll pick

PG- Brandon Knight
SG- James Harden/James Jones
PF- Channing Frye
SF- Rudy Gay
C- Kwame Brown

Almighty Chemistry cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 4:47pm On Jul 14, 2016
lolawilliams:

lol, your opinion would definitely cause a problem cause the truth is always bitter, some warriors fans even say we cavs fan are angry and mad he joined them, meanwhile we're just dissapointed he joined the team and every other team fans are also dissapointed and nothing more. You shldnt talk about the K.D matter anymore, it will keep causing problem over here even when we all know the truth. cheesy

Well as for cavs, lets just wait and, did you watch yesterday's summer league cavs Vs nets, that guy jordan mcrae has a really good future ahead of him. we shld just resign swish and mcrae. Well mayb cavs are looking for trades rather than free agents, let's wait then

Thank God we have all moved on past the k.d issue.
Time and history would judge us all.
The thread was getting way tooo HOT at some point.

Was a pleasure being on same side with you thru the battle.

I didn't watch the summer league games o. But I streamed summer league videos and clips of a few, like Ingram and Simmons.

Nope, iv not watched the Macrea guy.

Don't worry too much bout cavs. They gave us enough joy to last more than one-season.
Anything on top of that would be welcome, but just toooo good to be true.

Keep on keeping it real!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:00pm On Jul 14, 2016
Mizzzbeee:

LOL. That will be the day we hear that a traded player refused to play and instead went to sign his own contract with another team.

grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:03pm On Jul 14, 2016
SIRcumalot:

Oh I get that part
See wade who in good intention sacrifice money for Miami for years thinking he'll get paid later.
Or the bulls that just traded a way "the Rose that grew from concrete"
Just so they can avoid not to pay him the max if he plays well this year.
Not criticizing these moves above but I know it goes both ways.

not super like big 3 super but definitely a contender.

Exactly.

How Rose was treated is a perfect example. Now what if KD had a bad injury last season and OKC felt they didn't want to be paying him a max deal so they traded him to GSW to get Barnes, Bogut and Ezeli.

Nobody would have been talking about Super teams. They would have been doing "eh ya...he used to be MVP" like they are currently doing for D Rose.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:06pm On Jul 14, 2016
SIRcumalot:
question to all
did we give LMA this more sheet when he joined the Spurs ?

what do you all think ?

Everyone loved GSW until they dared to break that 72-10 record. That's when they became anathema. Had GSW gotten KD by 2014, nobody would have been talking about Super teams I bet you.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 6:52pm On Jul 14, 2016
Eruditor:

Everyone loved GSW until they dared to break that 72-10 record. That's when they became anathema. Had GSW gotten KD by 2014, nobody would have been talking about Super teams I bet you.

Before 2014, OKC could still beat Warriors so that won't even be on his radar. Rather Curry will be the one thinking of joining OKC grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 15, 2016
Lebron James, Chris Paul, Wade, and Carmelo, on Black lives Matter

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=17060463
Re: The NBA Begins by Kenekene1(m): 1:58pm On Jul 15, 2016
Guyz, should be on the look-out for Boston Celtics next season, with the addition of Al horford and their very shrewd coach, brad Stevens.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:36pm On Jul 15, 2016
^^
I hear they may go for Griffin either now or next year when he is free. They are really becoming formidable again. Whom do you prefer between Russell and Griffin WRT the Celtics?
Re: The NBA Begins by Kenekene1(m): 4:18pm On Jul 15, 2016
Eruditor:
^^
I hear they may go for Griffin either now or next year when he is free. They are really becoming formidable again. Whom do you prefer between Russell and Griffin WRT the Celtics?

Russell westbrook's game has improved. He does a lot of things now - rebounding, assisting and scoring - but he still hogs the ball and am pretty sure its one of the reasons KD left OKC.

Blake griffin is a power forward. Also, he has improved his game. He has developed his playmaking abilities. I think he plays the game like draymond green.

In conclusion, the boston celtics have established isaiah thomas as their primary point guard plus westbrook hogs the ball more while Blake griffin is more of a team player.

My verdict: Blake griffin will be better with boston celtics .
Re: The NBA Begins by chimsa: 10:44pm On Jul 15, 2016
Re: The NBA Begins by smurfdaddy: 10:47pm On Jul 15, 2016
Re: The NBA Begins by giiin: 10:48pm On Jul 15, 2016
Re: The NBA Begins by kankee: 10:49pm On Jul 15, 2016
Re: The NBA Begins by yersee: 10:50pm On Jul 15, 2016
Re: The NBA Begins by Horus(m): 11:06pm On Jul 15, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFhtNQrEwB4

[size=14pt]LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony and Dwayne Wade Make Plea To End Police Brutality[/size]

The 2016 ESPY Awards opened up with a powerful message delivered by some of basketball's biggest names, who made an impassioned plea to end police brutality and gun violence. NBA stars Carmelo Anthony, LeBron James, Chris Paul and Dwyane Wade joined forces as they walked onto the starkly lit stage Thursday night to ask their fellow athletes to help make a difference. "The urgency to create change is at an all-time high," Anthony said.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 3:59pm On Jul 16, 2016
Why the spam undecided undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:55pm On Jul 16, 2016
Eruditor:

Bros stop it. The warriors used their own hands to tarnish themselves.

From green's antics and kicking people in the balls to curry dancing and making faces on the bench to klay telling Lebron its a mans game to ayeesha tweeting crap everyday, there is plenty of blame to go around. Warriors are not the first team to win a ring, but they acted like it. They refused to get over themselves and kept feeding on the limelight. Surprise, they found out what every famous star knows, the same limelight that feeds you will feed on you.

If it was cavs fans making all these excuses, we for don hear am by now
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:56pm On Jul 16, 2016
LoJ:
Lebron James, Chris Paul, Wade, and Carmelo, on Black lives Matter

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=17060463

good stuff. reminded my why I will always back any team these guys play on - 'cept melo who should never have left denver. I dont think he has ever been himself in nyc
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:17pm On Jul 16, 2016
birdman:

From green's antics and kicking people in the balls.

Yeah, he did that and cost us the whole series and he accepted his fault.

to curry dancing and making faces on the bench

Curry makes 3s effortlessly turns back, gets a 3pt and 1 and dances up, Westbrook dunks and Shouts, taunt and say all, LeBron dunks and do the "roars like a beast" and do the "raise the building" move, Harden crosses someone over and he does the cooking hand whatever but you only have problem with Curry who doesn't posterize, roars and shout but hate him because he chews his mouth guard and dances on bench and on the floor when he makes a mesmerizing shot.. Talk about tripping man.

to klay telling Lebron its a mans game

Yes down 3-1 after an embarrassing performance on your home court and yes his feelings got hurt. Tell me why he'll rant on media and say some talked about his family. That's the only way to have gotten Green out. It's a weak move but it worked. Be frank, if Green had tried to walk over James and then ranted on the media, what will you in person say? Let me guess! He's disrespectful, arrogant and a fool but wouldn't say that for James cos he's King right?
When he called himself the best player in the world last year who talked? Abeg

to ayeesha tweeting crap everyday

Ayesha tweeted once about Basketball and does her stuffs about her personal life. Who doesn't tweet?

there is plenty of blame to go around. Warriors are not the first team to win a ring, but they acted like it. They refused to get over themselves and kept feeding on the limelight. Surprise, they found out what every famous star knows, the same limelight that feeds you will feed on you.

All these is pure hatred and the reason is cos the Warriors makes win look effortless no matter how you fight.. Some set of skinny guys comes shoot the building with 3s and that's it, all you dunks is for nothing.. It's just purely and unwarranted hatred.. 73-9?? If Celtics or Houston or Utah Jazz had that, some bitter people will still have every reason to hate

Other players or teams have done worse than whatever show offs the Warriors did, the fans are loud and it drives y'all crazy but deal with it.. It's just hatred from wherever God knows you people cultivate from but the Warriors are happy and of course no one likes happy people especially when you're happy and break records effortlessly and finally land the 3rd best in the league.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 9:21pm On Jul 16, 2016
SmooshCHN:
All these is pure hatred and the reason is cos the Warriors makes win look effortless no matter how you fight.. Some set of skinny guys comes shoot the building with 3s and that's it, all you dunks is for nothing.. It's just purely and unwarranted hatred.. 73-9?? If Celtics or Houston or Utah Jazz had that, some bitter people will still have every reason to hate

Other players or teams have done worse than whatever show offs the Warriors did, the fans are loud and it drives y'all crazy but deal with it.. It's just hatred from wherever God knows you people cultivate from but the Warriors are happy and of course no one likes happy people especially when you're happy and break records effortlessly and finally land the 3rd best in the league.
Talk about being hypocritcal. can you imagine all the things he mentioned? I am like undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 9:39pm On Jul 16, 2016
birdman:

From green's antics and kicking people in the balls to curry dancing and making faces on the bench to klay telling Lebron its a mans game to ayeesha tweeting crap everyday, there is plenty of blame to go around. Warriors are not the first team to win a ring, but they acted like it. They refused to get over themselves and kept feeding on the limelight. Surprise, they found out what every famous star knows, the same limelight that feeds you will feed on you.

You dey fall my hand bros. embarassed

Na Harrison Barnes I blame sha. 5/32 in 3 games is the unpardonable sin.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:53pm On Jul 16, 2016
Lol I've been preaching about Harrison Barnes and his uselessness since way back when.

@birdman
Anderson, Eric Gordon, Nene? Are you guys trying to create the worst defense in the history of the league

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: dadrenaline(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.