Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,884 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (343) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1631557 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (2215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:09pm On Jul 16, 2016
Eruditor:

You dey fall my hand bros. embarassed

Na Harrison Barnes I blame sha. 5/32 in 3 games is the unpardonable sin.

Dub nation are suddenly finding comfort in scapegoating Barnes for their recent woes. I understand he had a playoff to forget, however, apart from Klay Thompson, I personally believe others were as poor.

How do u defend Steve Kerr's tactics during the playoffs? he was one dimensional, quite predictable, apart from small ball what other coaching intelligence did he show during the playoff's? especially the finals? How do you justify losing the finals after going 3-1 up and a chance to close out at home? The warriors lost to pure grit and pounding under the paint, They lost to a hungry Cavs team even though i agree questionable officiating was integral.

I think Dub nation should be honest in the review of last season's finals performance, Their best players did not show up, in game two i think Livingston was the best player, in game 5 or 6 Barbosa was more efficient than the starters.

Has anyone bothered to show/ discuss Curry's performance during final series? he has been horrendous to put kindly, when the Warriors won the championship was Curry the best player? no!!!! it was not even close, it was Iggy; if the Warriors won this year, do u think Curry would win finals MVP? hell nooooo. He was so anonymous that no one would have issues if Lebron was crowned finals MVP in a losing effort.

Truth be told, Curry's defensive frailties were exposed and Kerr had a lot to do with it, Simply place Curry at the top of the pick and roll and you have the bucket all to yourself, when he has the ball double him at the top of the pick and roll and hope Klay does not streak. In-fact Kerr was so distraught it took him 6 games to move Curry from the top of the pick and roll. Many may argue its a defensive issue, however, transition buckets were so powerful for the Cavs especially after they bully Curry off the top, force him to turn the ball over or lose rhythm.

I love Curry and the Warriors, how on earth does anyone despise them? but they need to be honest with themselves, Barnes was not the reason they stunk up the joint.

#greenrunsdeep

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 10:43pm On Jul 16, 2016
Roland17:

Dub nation are suddenly finding comfort in scapegoating Barnes for their recent woes. I understand he had a playoff to forget, however, apart from Klay Thompson, I personally believe others were as poor.

How do u defend Steve Kerr's tactics during the playoffs? he was one dimensional, quite predictable, apart from small ball what other coaching intelligence did he show during the playoff's? especially the finals? How do you justify losing the finals after going 3-1 up and a chance to close out at home? The warriors lost to pure grit and pounding under the paint, They lost to a hungry Cavs team even though i agree questionable officiating was integral.

I think Dub nation should be honest in the review of last season's finals performance, Their best players did not show up, in game two i think Livingston was the best player, in game 5 or 6 Barbosa was more efficient than the starters.

Has anyone bothered to show/ discuss Curry's performance during final series? he has been horrendous to put kindly, when the Warriors won the championship was Curry the best player? no!!!! it was not even close, it was Iggy; if the Warriors won this year, do u think Curry would win finals MVP? hell nooooo. He was so anonymous that no one would have issues if Lebron was crowned finals MVP in a losing effort.

Truth be told, Curry's defensive frailties were exposed and Kerr had a lot to do with it, Simply place Curry at the top of the pick and roll and you have the bucket all to yourself, when he has the ball double him at the top of the pick and roll and hope Klay does not streak. In-fact Kerr was so distraught it took him 6 games to move Curry from the top of the pick and roll. Many may argue its a defensive issue, however, transition buckets were so powerful for the Cavs especially after they bully Curry off the top, force him to turn the ball over or lose rhythm.

I love Curry and the Warriors, how on earth does anyone despise them? but they need to be honest with themselves, Barnes was not the reason they stunk up the joint.

#greenrunsdeep
Truth is Klay had alot to do with our woes too just that he was too great during okc matchup everyone overlooked him. I am not letting Curry off the hook too but i gave him the benefit of doubt because he wasnt 100% hell everyone on that team was banged up! Dray had his fair share of faults but the greater blame falls on the coach, who acted like a rookie coach by playing sub -par players deep into crunch time (Barnes and Ezeli) ...

The truth is that warriors had that game.There are few games in which warriors start out blazing like that and ends up losing due to slip ups and what not. One of those games was game 1 vs okc ...Barnes had 5/32 in 3 games and you will be suprised most of those shot we uncontested open shots which he missed. He was incognito through out the finals. So from KERR, to Curry to Klay to BARNES , EZELI AND EVEN VAREJAO the blame pie goes all round but some guys in capital letter had a bigger piece of that pie.

p.s. CURRY still has alot to prove to us that he isnt a regular season dude but can also show up and be consistent in the playoffs.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:02pm On Jul 16, 2016
Roland17:

#greenrunsdeep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUU5q2kSDtk

That link simply explains the difference between Curry of last season and this season. I agree with virtually everything the coach said.

I also agree with you that Kerr made some mistakes but it was hard to change a formula that got you an easy 3-1 against Cavs.

If any of us is being honest about Cavs this year, after the first 4 games they looked waay easier to beat than they were without Kyrie and Love last year. I even boasted here that they were worse off.

Lue made some good adjustments no doubt, but there was also bad officiating and luck (with Injuries) which no one can take away from them but Harrison Barnes does 10/32 in the 3 games and GSW would have won game 5 or 7.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:12pm On Jul 16, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
Truth is Klay had alot to do with our woes too just that he was too great during okc matchup everyone overlooked him. I am not letting Curry off the hook too but i gave him the benefit of doubt because he wasnt 100% hell everyone on that team was banged up! Dray had his fair share of faults but the greater blame falls on the coach, who acted like a rookie coach by playing sub -par players deep into crunch time (Barnes and Ezeli) ...

The truth is that warriors had that game.There are few games in which warriors start out blazing like that and ends up losing due to slip ups and what not. One of those games was game 1 vs okc ...Barnes had 5/32 in 3 games and you will be suprised most of those shot we uncontested open shots which he missed. He was incognito through out the finals. So from KERR, to Curry to Klay to BARNES , EZELI AND EVEN VAREJAO the blame pie goes all round but some guys in capital letter had a bigger piece of that pie.

p.s. CURRY still has alot to prove to us that he isnt a regular season dude but can also show up and be consistent in the playoffs.

Klay was bad in the finals. One good game 5 and that's about it. I believe he had 14 or less in game 7 but since like you said he was big in game 6 vs the Thunders, we all give him a pass.

Curry should actually be let off the hook because coming back from an injury of that magnitude psychologically was daunting. He was having inconsistent performances post the injury and only being his regular-season self off and on for the most part.

People tend.to undermine his 31, 31 and 36 in the final 3 games vs OKC because of how underwhelming he was in games 3&4 but he averaged about the same ppgs with KD and Russell, which people seem to say were so great in the series.

As per last season, I wonder why the fact that Curry averaged 26 ppg in the 6 games vs Cavs is underplayed yet Kyrie did 27 this year and people are raving about how he deserved the finals MVP as much as Bron. Curry is becoming a victim of his own perceived greatness.

Iggy missed 6 clutch free throws in games 5&6 against Cavs in 2015. Curry hits all and helps stretch the lead many times last year. This year, Iggy misses 2 clutch free throws again and then is blocked by Bron but somehow he would get called in finals MVP convos more than Curry. I am almost sensing something off from these Finals voters TBVH.

Anyways, Curry was average in 2016 Playoffs no doubt. I guess that goes without saying.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:17am On Jul 17, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
Talk about being hypocritcal. can you imagine all the things he mentioned? I am like undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Well let's just say that's the price to pay for being the Best Team. Next Season go Sweet cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 9:02am On Jul 17, 2016
Eruditor:

You dey fall my hand bros. embarassed

Na Harrison Barnes I blame sha. 5/32 in 3 games is the unpardonable sin.
I want you warriors to blame curry not the third option on your team.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:59pm On Jul 17, 2016
A40:
Lol I've been preaching about Harrison Barnes and his uselessness since way back when.

@birdman
Anderson, Eric Gordon, Nene? Are you guys trying to create the worst defense in the history of the league

ol boy, i tire. in fact i try to avoid rockets news this last month - the moves make no sense to me. I see a desperate GM crunching numbers instead of using common sense. Obviously nobody has told Morey this is not a nba2k16
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:00pm On Jul 17, 2016
SIRcumalot:

thank youuuuu...you put it well in one sentence
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:07pm On Jul 17, 2016
SmooshCHN:
All these is pure hatred and the reason is cos the Warriors makes win look effortless no matter how you fight.. Some set of skinny guys comes shoot the building with 3s and that's it, all you dunks is for nothing.. It's just purely and unwarranted hatred.. 73-9?? If Celtics or Houston or Utah Jazz had that, some bitter people will still have every reason to hate

Other players or teams have done worse than whatever show offs the Warriors did, the fans are loud and it drives y'all crazy but deal with it.. It's just hatred from wherever God knows you people cultivate from but the Warriors are happy and of course no one likes happy people especially when you're happy and break records effortlessly and finally land the 3rd best in the league.

can you look at the arguments for once and stop personalizing everything about warriors? pure hatred? why na undecided All I said was that the warriors have a lot to do with their popularity taking a hit, and I provided examples. Yeah, a lot of things the warriors do piss me off, but I never hate their skills, or team work.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:06pm On Jul 17, 2016
birdman:

can you look at the arguments for once and stop personalizing everything about warriors? pure hatred? why na undecided All I said was that the warriors have a lot to do with their popularity taking a hit, and I provided examples. Yeah, a lot of things the warriors do piss me off, but I never hate their skills, or team work.
See guy, All NBA teams do all those stuffs you listed. Every f*king team. So tell me, what's really your point?? you like an NBA team with skill and great team work but doesn't show emotions or have flare for what they do?? The Spurs are there but guess what, their bench do a good job too so I don't understand when you say warriors brought whatever on themselves.. I don't support Cavs or Rockets but I don't hate when Harden does the cooking signature or James when he roars.. People don't just like that the Warriors would just come and shoot the whole place up. That they have great shooters. whose fault the whole team decided to work on their shooting. To make it worse Durant goes to join a team of shooters.. And yes, 73-9 can be a great reason to hate not players celebration..

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Derrickfresh(m): 5:54pm On Jul 17, 2016
Decale:
Guys, I want to see your top 5 PFs. No debates or counter arguments, just list

Mine goes thus:

Duncan
Malone
Dirk
KG
Barkley

cc Everyone
Tim Duncan
Malone
Dirk
Barkley
Garnett
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:41pm On Jul 17, 2016
SIRcumalot:

Did you watch that YouTube clip I posted? Well if you did, you'd have seen that I was admitting Curry let his team down but his failure wasn't majorly what cost his team another ring. Harrison Barnes, the Wing man, who had many uncontested shots he would normally make, missed them.

The synopsis of that clip (if you didn't watch it) was that:

1. Curry was less aggressive, less efficient with the ball and off rhythm.

2. That Kyrie made alot of points when marked by Curry.

3. That Curry dribbled less and turned the ball over alot.

All these, everyone who watched it saw. The elephant in the room that nobody wants to address is the cause of these things.

1. Without a doubt Curry had more work to do with Kyrie playing than he needed to do last year but, Curry was molesting Kyrie when Cavs lost 132-98 in the regular season. This Play offs, he could barely get past Kyrie. He wasn't even attempting it.

2. Curry could barely dribble the big men marking him. I mean Tristan and co at moments were keeping up with Curry's movements. He was evidently slower than he was in the regular season. The video showed it copiously.

3. Then how many uncontested shots did Curry miss in game 7. I mean, this was the most clutch player in 2 years and for 5mins he couldn't inspire his team to make a single bucket in a game 7.

Whether even he likes to admit it or not, recovering from his knee injury affected him. He lost his lateral movements and was avoiding the rim. A player that was doing 68% FG in the paint in the regular season couldn't make a layup to save Riley Curry. His aggression was coming in fits. Let us not overstate it. Cavs had their own adjustments that helped together with refs letting bad calls subsist but Curry wasn't the same. That's a fact.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 7:32pm On Jul 17, 2016
@eruditor
No data.
Barnes makes those shots
He gets a pat on the head,Curry gets the glory it's only fair curry gets all the blame too.

I think curry is probably injured, cause I doubt he would miss the Olympics if he wasn't. or maybe Zika.

Mehn, We did all This few days after the finals .
All these excuses ultimately doesn't matter.
It didn't matter on your run to the finals 14-15. It shouldn't matter now.
Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 5:19am On Jul 18, 2016
SIRcumalot:
nairamaniac

you know Chris Paul had a pretty serious knee injury right?
yeah I'm aware of some injuries he suffered towards the end of his time in honets
Didn't see them as reasons to have suddenly slowed down his offence.
It was just too sudden and seemed deliberate. Still a great player tho.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 5:47am On Jul 18, 2016
nairamaniac:
yeah I'm aware of some injuries he suffered towards the end of his time in honets
Didn't see them as reasons to have suddenly slowed down his offence.
It was just too sudden and seemed deliberate. Still a great player tho.
it's the only plausible explanation for the loss of his athleticism between those times and his time with the clippers.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:56pm On Jul 18, 2016
Roland17:

If Harrison Barnes shot at just 30% or played even passable defense on LeBron the Warriors win the Chip. Its as simple as that

This guy did nothing to help his team win the series NOTHING!!!

Roland17:

I have never really rated Kerr that highly as a coach. While the Warriors did take the extra step under him its hard to tell how much of this is down to Kerr himself

However the guy went as deep into the bench as he could and his guys (Ezeli, Varejao, Speights) gave him nothing

I can pinpoint two stretches in Games 6 and 7 where just doing basic stuff like rebounding, getting a block, catching a pass would have made a huge difference from possession to possession.

Roland17:

A lot of guys didn't really step up. Steph and Klay, Draymond losing his head (they win Game 5 easy if he kept his cool) Iggy couldn't slow down LeBron this time. Barnes, Varejao, Ezeli, Speights were all waste men

Roland17:

Has anyone bothered to show/ discuss Curry's performance during final series? he has been horrendous to put kindly, when the Warriors won the championship was Curry the best player? no!!!! it was not even close, it was Iggy; if the Warriors won thisyear, do u think Curry would win finals MVP? hell nooooo. He was so anonymous that no one would have issues if Lebron was crowned finals MVP in a losing effort.
I agree. Curry especially needs to work on his passing. A lot of his turnovers were lazy and had me scratching my head in disbelief. It is much easier to shut down a scorer than a passer. And that series had me questioning Steph's abilities as a passer big time. There were other ways he could have influenced the game when his shots weren't falling and he didn't have the confidence to attack the rim

Roland17:

To an extent yes but at times you have to tip your hat to the scorer as well. During Game 5 I lost count of how many contested This can be demoralizing for a defender. shots Kyrie was making and kept making. On the other end you had Barnes missing wiiiide open shots.

Roland17:

#greenrunsdeep
Curry and at times Klay played significant roles in their loss

However I am singling out Barnes for his unique brand of uselessness on both ends of the floor. Klay shot badly but J.R Smith had a very key role in that

In other words I am highlighting how role players can influence a series in their own little way. Harrison Barnes did zilch but shoot brick after brick, this was unacceptable for a player demanding a max deal

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 18, 2016
SIRcumalot:

hello fellas!!!!

wanna bring to your notice that Greenland avenue is back and kicking strong. this time around nobody is forcing you to join the VIP. all you need to do is to join bbm channel to be getting free games.
Buh if you care to join VIP,there you will be getting your daily sure games and also have opportunity to learn how to punt.. will teach you and also give you the applications you need that will help you.. thanks.

bbm channel pin; C002F74DE

whatsapp no: 07033033101..
Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 11:35pm On Jul 18, 2016
Donlittle:

Duncan
Dirk
Malone
Barkley
Kevin Garnett

I wonder why everyone putting KG ahead of Barkley is doing so? Rings? I guess man grin grin

I tire for "everyone". People on this thread would pick NBA-ring over wedding-ring on their finger. grin

Nigggaz be tripping for the ring like Smeagle

LOL.

Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 11:45pm On Jul 18, 2016
Decale:
Guys, I want to see your top 5 PFs. No debates or counter arguments, just list

Mine goes thus:

Duncan
Malone
Dirk
KG
Barkley

cc Everyone

Mine goes
1) Duncan

2) Malone

3) Dirk

4)Barkley

5) KG / Chris Webber ( How the hell did we all 4get Chris Webber?)

I formerly would have placed Dirk below Barkley. but thanks to A40, he talked some sense into my head.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:57am On Jul 19, 2016
nairamaniac:

I tire for "everyone". People on this thread would pick NBA-ring over wedding-ring on their finger. grin

LOL.
Hahahahahahahaha.. Shade thrown cheesy.. Great Personal Performance + Rings vs Great Personal Performance without Rings just makes it look like you can't compare players cos it feels like one achieved while the other didn't. But when canwhen both parties "decides" not to use that as an argument. It just naturally feels that way.. Imagine Kobe and Shaq without rings. They're great already but the conversation or story wouldn't be appealing.

Imagine a Marriage (Career) without Kids (Rings), and Marriage with Kids.. Which one sells? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:23am On Jul 19, 2016
For all the pro-rings folk, question for yall. If given a choice you must make, who would you rather be:

Bill Russell
-11 rings
-Salary 100k
-NBA royalty, gets ovation and respect at every NBA event

or Tmac
-Got out of first round twice, no rings
-Salary 23 mill
-Wealthy business man

SmooshCHN kids and rings abi? Dont worry, you changing diaper days are coming grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:07am On Jul 19, 2016
birdman:
For all the pro-rings folk, question for yall. If given a choice you must make, who would you rather be:

Bill Russell
-11 rings
-Salary 100k

or Tmac
-Salary 23 mill
-Wealthy business man

SmooshCHN kids and rings abi? Dont worry, you changing diaper days are coming grin
Lol.. Are you at that stage already?
I'm very sure you understand what I meant.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:21pm On Jul 19, 2016
birdman:
Bill Russell
-11 rings
-Salary 100k
or Tmac
-Salary 23 mill
-Wealthy business man
Why are you comparing two extremes? Who in today's NBA would go over a decade making just $100k

Gbagbe! Rings is the currency of transaction among the greats. Your guy LeBron ran from Cleveland to Miami back to Cleveland with the primary aim of Championships. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise

Durant knows the clock is ticking and has made his move.

Infact it is smarter to do it in your youth than to start embarrassingly chasing it during Father Time like Malone, Payton Barkley did

nairamaniac:

Mine goes
1) Duncan

2) Malone

3) Dirk

4)Barkley

5) KG / Chris Webber ( How the hell did we all 4get Chris Webber?)

I formerly would have placed Dirk below Barkley. but thanks to A40, he talked some sense into my head.
Even if you prefer Barkley to Dirk I am not concerned tbh. Everybody has a voice and is allowed to use within reason. However was it Oo Mpa or somebody else that made it sound like comparing Dirk to Malone was crazy and I was saying it merely cos of his ring. However when I ask them to roll out Malone's achievements and tell me how superior they are to Dirk's they will all draw blanks
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:59pm On Jul 19, 2016
nairamaniac:

@Donlittle

LOL.
Nothing wrong in putting K.G ahead of Barkley. Ring aside. There is no major individual award Barkley won that K.G didn't
Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 7:10pm On Jul 19, 2016
A40:

Why are you comparing two extremes? Who in today's NBA would go over a decade making just $100k

Gbagbe! Rings is the currency of transaction among the greats. Your guy LeBron ran from Cleveland to Miami back to Cleveland with the primary aim of Championships. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise

Durant knows the clock is ticking and has made his move.

Infact it is smarter to do it in your youth than to start embarrassingly chasing it during Father Time like Malone, Payton Barkley did

Even if you prefer Barkley to Dirk I am not concerned tbh. Everybody has a voice and is allowed to use within reason. However was it Oo Mpa or somebody else that made it sound like comparing Dirk to Malone was crazy and I was saying it merely cos of his ring. However when I ask them to roll out Malone's achievements and tell me how superior they are to Dirk's they will all draw blanks

naaa. You made some valuable points enough to convince me of Dirk being ahead of Barkley. It cudnt HV been me that made it sound crazy comparing Dirk to Malone.

But I believe I didn't draw blanks when I outlined Malone's achievements. And neither did you on dirk being superior.
Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 7:20pm On Jul 19, 2016
A40:

Nothing wrong in putting K.G ahead of Barkley. Ring aside. There is no major individual award Barkley won that K.G didn't

"Major individual awards" and "achievement" can be so misleading. Basketball is a team sport.
Even tho individuality plays a role.
Some players find it harder to stand out in their eras due to stiffer competitions at their respective positions, conferences, Alpha-dominance( Jordan , Hakeem, Kobe, Lebron) .
Barkey hardly made all NBA 1st team, cos HD had a Malone that made it for like 10straight years.
Stuffs like that happen.

I actually judge and compare them based of skills and abilities on how I watched them play in real-time, old tapes and highlights.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 7:21pm On Jul 19, 2016
A40:

Nobody said Dirk above Malone was crazy and nobody disrespected Dirk. Only you made that comment that Dirk or abi na Shaq was a disrespect.

It'll mostly be like this, analysts/stats lovers and Mavs fans will put Dirk over Malone.
The neutral guys and others who see player to player balling without a ring will take Malone. I belong in the latter.
Same thing with Donlittle on KG and Barkley
I think what OohMpa failed to see was the "arguable" in it
Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 7:30pm On Jul 19, 2016
[quote author=SmooshCHN post=47679996]Hahahahahahahaha.. Shade thrown cheesy.. Great Personal Performance + Rings vs Great Personal Performance without Rings just makes it look like you can't compare players cos it feels like one achieved while the other didn't. But when canwhen both parties "decides" not to use that as an argument. It just naturally feels that way.. Imagine Kobe and Shaq without rings. They're great already but the conversation or story wouldn't be appealing.

Imagine a Marriage (Career) without Kids (Rings), and Marriage with Kids.. Which one sells?
cheesy cheesy cheesy[/quoted]

Hahhhahahaha. We needed some humour around here. Wasn't a shade thrown o. Just messing around.
Its true that rings can be an icing on the cake to crown ur greatness. But stuffs like luck also come into play. Some players are U lucky to find themselves in teams that are ran by owners without the ambition of investing in the team for most part of their careers.
These players are great, but don't have the owners that m.j of Lebron had almost all thru their careers.

I think its better to judge with skill set rather than individual accolades to an extent.
Re: The NBA Begins by kenturkish(m): 7:48pm On Jul 19, 2016
Would bet you all that by the time Anthony Davis is done, (hope he jumps ship and goes to a contender to get his rings) he would be the number one PF.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:28pm On Jul 19, 2016
nairamaniac:

"Major individual awards" and "achievement" can be so misleading. Basketball is a team sport.
Even tho individuality plays a role.
Some players find it harder to stand out in their eras due to stiffer competitions at their respective positions, conferences, Alpha-dominance( Jordan , Hakeem, Kobe, Lebron) .
Barkey hardly made all NBA 1st team, cos HD had a Malone that made it for like 10straight years.
Stuffs like that happen.

I actually judge and compare them based of skills and abilities on how I watched them play in real-time, old tapes and highlights.

Its a team sport but you have players that clearly standout. The whole All-NBA First Team is overrated IMO. Making any All-NBA team is dominance in itself. If we check the numbers by position the difference is usually marginal.

Skills and abilities are great but I also look at performances in pressure cooker situations. This where Dirk stood out from Barkley, Malone IMO
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:17pm On Jul 19, 2016
[quote author=nairamaniac post=47704931][/quote]Yeah, I know cheesy cheesy And I agree.. Individual skillset will always be there got sure.. that Championship comes as a reward for your Effort and result of your skillset.. All work hand in hand.. I'll pick individual skillset to judge a player before the Rings though.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:41am On Jul 20, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Lol.. Are you at that stage already?
I'm very sure you understand what I meant.

For where...i just found your comparison hilarious lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (2215) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.