Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,771 members, 7,831,478 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (432) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1640675 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:31pm On Feb 12, 2017
OMG, the Bulls are a joke. A serious joke
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:10am On Feb 13, 2017
Pity they were doing abosi for themselves while at OKC. At least we knew with Shaq and Kobe they didn't hide their differences. Tbh I feel Westbrook gets a lot of unfair flak for OKC's inability to win a chip
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:29am On Feb 13, 2017
SmooshCHN:
This thing pain me gaan.. The guy barely played a year after recovery cry

E pain me pass u. trust me embarassed cry
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:19am On Feb 13, 2017
A40:
Pity they were doing abosi for themselves while at OKC. At least we knew with Shaq and Kobe they didn't hide their differences. Tbh I feel Westbrook gets a lot of unfair flak for OKC's inability to win a chip
At OkC they only had an on-court understanding. And it was more down to Durant being level headed and patient.
The only way OkC gets a title is if they drag LeBron to their side as na only Bron fit drill discipline into Westbrook.
Westbrook surely wouldn't leave OkC soon, so, long may their mediocrity last.
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 1:57pm On Feb 13, 2017
sapiosexual1:

At OkC they only had an on-court understanding. And it was more down to Durant being level headed and patient.
The only way OkC gets a title is if they drag LeBron to their side as na only Bron fit drill discipline not Westbrook.
Westbrook surely wouldn't leave OkC soon, so long may their mediocrity last.

I think he will leave.I believe there was a clause when he resigned giving him the option to move after one year.not sure but i read something like that online.it depends if he wants to be a big fish in little pond or fish in a big pond. He has to think of championship or joining a team that can deal with warriors. Maybe he should team up with demarcus. That guy is talanted but I don't know why his team sinks every year. Feel bad to Anthony Davis also.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:32pm On Feb 13, 2017
Skywalker5:

I think he will leave.I believe there was a clause when he resigned giving him the option to move after one year.not sure but i read something like that online.it depends if he wants to be a big fish in little pond or fish in a big pond. He has to think of championship or joining a team that can deal with warriors. Maybe he should team up with demarcus. That guy is talanted but I don't know why his team sinks every year. Feel bad to Anthony Davis also.

I would rather he joins A. Davis in New Orleans, than DaMarcus Cousins. Cousins is a parasite and needs to do a lot of growing up. He is the primary reason that team is regressing, as he is not mentally stable enough.

George Karl was too honest for Cousins and the organization, so Cousins forced him out. Now they have Dave Joerger who i believe did an awesome job with the Grizzlies, however, he has become a pawn in Sacramento; thus Boogie is always on a rampage with no one able to speak some sense into his thick skull.

Talent is not enough to become a great player in the NBA. You need more than just talent.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:13pm On Feb 13, 2017
sapiosexual1:

The only way OkC gets a title is if they drag LeBron to their side as na only Bron fit drill discipline not Westbrook.
Westbrook surely wouldn't leave OkC soon, so long may their mediocrity last.
I really thought they had each other's back. They sat on podiums and took interviews together. The way I saw it I felt they clicked more off the court than even on it.

Now that Westbrook has tasted what its like to be the sole leader of a team do you think he would be interested in letting it go by accommodating a bigger star? The fans love him, he has the street cred of not leaving and still competing somewhat. Realistically we know only 3 teams have a shot at that title and the chance he joins any one is nil

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 13, 2017
A40:

I really thought they had each other's back. They sat on podiums and took interviews together. The way I saw it I felt they clicked more off the court than even on it.

Now that Westbrook has tasted what its like to be the sole leader of a team do you think he would be interested in letting it go by accommodating a bigger star? The fans love him, he has the street cred of not leaving and still competing somewhat. Realistically we know only 3 teams have a shot at that title and the chance he joins any one is nil
Well, he may just be satisfied with being the scoring leader year after year and setting franchise and NBA records. That would be just that for him
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:33pm On Feb 13, 2017
I enjoyed the smack talk especially when Westbrook told Durant "You can't guard me" every time he made shots with Durant guarding him. The media definitely enjoyed the hype, however, i was convinced it would be a blow out.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:43pm On Feb 13, 2017
Lewl. He was 2/5 with K.D on him. Somebody better tell him agidi lo pa Tupac, ishan lo pa Bruce Lee
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 6:06pm On Feb 13, 2017
KD still fit go back.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:20pm On Feb 13, 2017
I was thinking of a Melo move to OKC? That team with a scorer would be nice though, not feasible though, don't think Melo wants to be second fiddle unless he is playing with LeBron sha or cp3
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:23pm On Feb 13, 2017
Donlittle:
I was thinking of a Melo move to OKC? That team with a scorer would be nice though, not feasible though, don't think Melo wants to be second fiddle unless he is playing with LeBron sha or cp3

Melo alone would not solve the OKC problem. They need a decent starting 5 and a better bench that can carry them. The blow out started after the bulk of OKC's starting 5 were subbed. The turnovers are also alarming.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:12pm On Feb 13, 2017
A40:
Lewl. He was 2/5 with K.D on him. Somebody better tell him agidi lo pa Tupac, ishan lo pa Bruce Lee
Rofloool , Westbrook always fails to look at the bigger picture. Soo intoxicated in personal glory.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:14pm On Feb 13, 2017
Roland17:

Melo alone would not solve the OKC problem. They need a decent starting 5 and a better bench that can carry them. The blow out started after the bulk of OKC's starting 5 were subbed. The turnovers are also alarming.
Let's just sing a Requiem for OkC. The Rockets have a better chance of knocking together a title challenging side than the Thunders.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:27pm On Feb 13, 2017
sapiosexual1:

Let's just sing a Requiem for OkC. The Rockets have a better chance of knocking together a title challenging side than the Thunders.

Absolutely!!! Even though the Rockets seem to have lost steam, i think they are the dark horses in the western conference. The conference is the Warriors to lose.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:31pm On Feb 13, 2017
How about the Giants releasing Victor Cruz? It was only a matter of time, especially with his inability to stay injury free. He would definitely get picked up by another franchise.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:38pm On Feb 13, 2017
Roland17:

Absolutely!!! Even though the Rockets seem to have lost steam, i think they are the dark horses in the western conference. The conference is the Warriors to lose.
Right on the money.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:02am On Feb 14, 2017
Steve Kerr sef and some weird rotations
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:07am On Feb 14, 2017
22 point loss.

I expected it on the end of a back to back to back (away from home).

They should flex. 70 wins seems off the table now.

Oh well.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 8:05am On Feb 14, 2017
Impressed with Wall, Jokic and Griffin so far. They are criminally underrated. Wow
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 8:15am On Feb 14, 2017
Decale:
Impressed with Wall, Jokic and Griffin so far. They are criminally underrated. Wow
I think Dwayne Deadman is the most underrated this season
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 8:55am On Feb 14, 2017
Eruditor:
22 point loss.

I expected it on the end of a back to back to back (away from home).

They should flex. 70 wins seems off the table now.

Oh well.

Steph needs to slow down a bit. If his three pointers are not going in, he should settle for 2 points. 1 for 11(3 points). thats a lot of points
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 10:19am On Feb 14, 2017
sapiosexual1:

It will be a miracle if OKC made it out of the first round before any talk of title challenge.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:37am On Feb 14, 2017
sapiosexual1:

Rofloool , Westbrook always fails to look at the bigger picture. Soo intoxicated in personal glory.
That boy too petty. Did you see the way he pushed Durant when K.D was backing a play. He should channel his frustration to the OKC Front office so they can upgrade that roster. Someone said Andre Roberson is allergic to offensive prosperity. I was weak fam

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:43am On Feb 14, 2017
Skywalker5:

Steph needs to slow down a bit. If his three pointers are not going in, he should settle for 2 points. 1 for 11(3 points). thats a lot of points
This is a big problem with Steph. And it explains why he struggles in the Final. He needs to learn to get a feel for the game. By the 3rd or 4th attempt on the road he ought to have known it was not going to be his night. He has a lethal 7-10 ft floater that's borderline unguardable, why he doesn't lean on it more often is a mystery
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:49am On Feb 14, 2017
Decale:
I have been preaching the gospel of Nikola Jokic on this thread for sometime now. The minute the Nuggets realized he was their best player was when things turned around
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:51am On Feb 14, 2017
Roland17:
How about the Giants releasing Victor Cruz? It was only a matter of time, especially with his inability to stay injury free. He would definitely get picked up by another franchise.
Ahh. Injury na bast@rd. This guy was one of the best slot receivers in the league that year. Can remember his TD that 2012 Superbowl
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:54am On Feb 14, 2017
Donlittle:
Isolation nightmare. Lol they would weep
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 12:23pm On Feb 14, 2017
A40:

Isolation nightmare. Lol they would weep
Why KD supposedly left OKC is because of the ISO heavy offense,even though his very good at it.
All Melo really likes to do is ISO and his also good at it.
I don't think it is a bad move,infact I kinda want it to happen now. It will save OKC from being bounced in the first round.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:34pm On Feb 14, 2017
A40:

This is a big problem with Steph. And it explains why he struggles in the Final. He needs to learn to get a feel for the game. By the 3rd or 4th attempt on the road he ought to have known it was not going to be his night. He has a lethal 7-10 ft floater that's borderline unguardable, why he doesn't lean on it more often is a mystery

Skywalker5:

I agree totally. Only that, I am sure he kept telling himself "the next one would go in" and again and again till it was 1-11.

They deserved the L and Jokic is playing ball this season but all eyes are on the playoffs for the most part this term.

(1) (2) (3) ... (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) ... (2229) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.