Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,707 members, 7,831,212 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (433) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1640490 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 12:42pm On Feb 14, 2017
Eruditor:

I agree totally. Only that, I am sure he kept telling himself "the next one would go in" and again and again till it was 1-11.

They deserved the L and Jokic is playing ball this season but all eyes are on the playoffs for the most part this term.
"I would go 0-for-30 before I would go 0-for-9"
Steph is a disciple of the mamba.
In all seriousness,I see nothing wrong with it. He should just get to the line more when his shots are not falling.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:06pm On Feb 14, 2017
SIRcumalot:

"I would go 0-for-30 before I would go 0-for-9"
Steph is a disciple of the mamba.
In all seriousness,I see nothing wrong with it. He should just get to the line more when his shots are not falling.
I agree with you. GSW should have attacked the rim more and also defended the perimeter. That would have helped.
Lessons they need to pick up en route the playoffs
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:27pm On Feb 14, 2017
Eruditor:

I agree totally. Only that, I am sure he kept telling himself "the next one would go in" and again and again till it was 1-11.

They deserved the L and Jokic is playing ball this season but all eyes are on the playoffs for the most part this term.
He seems too smart a player to settle for such an option when he has another scoring weapon in his artillery. The 3 ball is a boom or bust thing. Even as a spectator there are times you can tell a player's shot is busted for that night by looking at their first few shots
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 14, 2017
Ibaka to Toronto, I like the trade
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 7:17pm On Feb 14, 2017
sapiosexual1:

I agree with you. GSW should have attacked the rim more and also defended the perimeter. That would have helped.
Lessons they need to pick up en route the playoffs
He also is one of the best at finishing at the Rim.
If I was Kerr all the shots I would want curry to take are layups and threes. The long 2's should always be the last option this 1-11 na off night.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 7:22pm On Feb 14, 2017
SIRcumalot:
He should just get to the line more when his shots are not falling.

That's what Harden does. Harden will make only 7 shots but score 35 points. IT will hit 11 shots but reach 40 points even with all the missed 3 points. And both these players don't make 90% FTs like Curry

Even after the air ball, he's still shooting 3s. Attack the rim nigga and shoot your money maker.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 7:23pm On Feb 14, 2017
Love out of All Star. Who's gonna replace him?

I'm thinking Melo...
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 8:08pm On Feb 14, 2017
grin grin
Too good not to post here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by geebril(m): 9:09pm On Feb 14, 2017
Serge Ibaka to toronto raptors have been confirmed...
Am sure he's gonna form ease pressure off DeRozan and Lowry
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 14, 2017
How would the Cavs cope with Love's long term absence?
More minutes to LeBron and keep top spot in the ECF or sacrifice top spot to Celtics and keep the rooster healthy?
Cos let's be frank, now that Love is out, I can realistically see the Cavs dropping out of top spot, except they wanna bleed James' minutes.
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 3:13am On Feb 15, 2017
sapiosexual1:
More minutes to LeBron and keep top spot in the ECF or sacrifice top spot to Celtics and keep the rooster healthy?
Cos let's be frank, now that Love is out, I can realistically see the Cavs dropping out of top spot, except they wanna bleed James' minutes.

Won't the 2nd position take you to playoffs?? Well i don't think we're are much bothered about Love's injury, we have a replacement Fyre who has been very good in his last two starts averaging 16.5 points & 4.5 boards while shooting 54 percent from the floor and also Love's injury would make us keep Derrick williams.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:43am On Feb 15, 2017
lolawilliams:

Won't the 2nd position take you to playoffs?? Well i don't think we're are much bothered about Love's injury, we have a replacement Fyre who has been very good in his last two starts averaging 16.5 points & 4.5 boards while shooting 54 percent from the floor and also Love's injury would make us keep Derrick williams.
No one likes to loose home advantage to a Celtics who are shaping up nicely like they can push the Cavs to game 7.
IMHO, Frye and Williams wouldn't keep up the numbers for long, esp when they come up against better drilled teams and the playoffs pressure begin to build.
Good win lastnight, long may it continue.
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 8:40am On Feb 15, 2017
sapiosexual1:

Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 9:52am On Feb 15, 2017
geebril:
Serge Ibaka to toronto raptors have been confirmed...
Am sure he's gonna form ease pressure off DeRozan and Lowry

with Ibaka, i feel they have a better chance against the cavs now. their offence has been okay, its their defence i think was a problem. they also have that lucas guy. i think this team is set.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:55am On Feb 15, 2017
Muna15 , let's not deceive ourselves, body no be wood.
T Lue knows better.
James isn't the 23yr old he used to be.
Kobe said similar things in his final year, we know how his career ended.
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 10:54am On Feb 15, 2017
sapiosexual1:

No one likes to loose home advantage to a Celtics who are shaping up nicely like they can push the Cavs to game 7.
IMHO, Frye and Williams wouldn't keep up the numbers for long, esp when they come up against better drilled teams and the playoffs pressure begin to build.
Good win lastnight, long may it continue.

k.love and JR smith would be back before playoffs. Love was a total piss off in the last Finals and bounced through, Love missed 8Playoffs games last 2 seasons, will bounced through and took you guys 6games to defeat a kyrieless nd Loveless Cavs.
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 11:00am On Feb 15, 2017
Skywalker5:

with Ibaka, i feel they have a better chance against the cavs now. their offence has been okay, its their defence i think was a problem. they also have that lucas guy. i think this team is set.

Raptors don't even have a better chance against Celtics.
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 12:34pm On Feb 15, 2017
sapiosexual1:
Muna15 , let's not deceive ourselves, body no be wood.
T Lue knows better.
James isn't the 23yr old he used to be.
Kobe said similar things in his final year, we know how his career ended.

That's true! Body no be wood, but LeBron is doing well @32 and he's not showing any sign of aging. The good thing is the way he's been distributing the ball lately and getting other guys involved.
Kobe had a lot of injuries towards the end of his career probably because of his 'i can do it all alone' mentality and that really affected him.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 12:43pm On Feb 15, 2017
lolawilliams:

Raptors don't even have a better chance against Celtics.

With Ibaka, I think they have a better chance than Celtics.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:14pm On Feb 15, 2017
Ibaka is a great add. His offense has greatly improved this year and I feel like the Raptors have been punching above their weight for so long. They have to get some help
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 15, 2017
lolawilliams:

k.love and JR smith would be back before playoffs. Love was a total piss off in the last Finals and bounced through, Love missed 8Playoffs games last 2 seasons, will bounced through and took you guys 6games to defeat a kyrieless nd Loveless Cavs.
By you guys, you mean?
Babe why do you have this idiosync of 'whoever isn't with the Cavs, is with the Warriors'? heheheh angry grin grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:39pm On Feb 15, 2017
Muna15:

With Ibaka, I think they have a better chance than Celtics.
Sorry brov but I think that's a triple lol grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:18pm On Feb 15, 2017
sapiosexual1:

By you guys, you mean?
Babe why do you have this idiosync of 'whoever isn't with the Cavs, is with the Warriors'? heheheh angry grin grin
Leave Lola alone jare cheesy When you hit her with facts, she thinks you're a Warrior and starts throwing salt cheesy
Get used to it.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:29pm On Feb 15, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Leave Lola alone jare cheesy When you hit her with facts, she thinks you're a Warrior and starts throwing salt cheesy
Get used to it.

She shows up only after Cavs win. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:23am On Feb 16, 2017
Skywalker5:

lol. not on this planet. There is no team in the east that can beat the cavs - right now, Cavs are playing bored, lbj is logging too many minutes and t lue is saving up plays for the playoffs
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 9:21am On Feb 16, 2017
sapiosexual1:

By you guys, you mean?

Okay. Are you telling me you're not a Warriors fan?
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 10:58am On Feb 16, 2017
Curry has been a $$ this month of February. Klay has been very very good. I wonder what makes certain players just turn up a notch in a particular period.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:18pm On Feb 16, 2017
lolawilliams:

Okay. Are you telling me you're not a Warriors fan?
Someone who sometimes speak on your behalf.. I guess we don't have enough Cavs fan
Re: The NBA Begins by realnas(m): 4:26pm On Feb 16, 2017
Guys do you that Andrew Wiggins is the 4th player under 22 to record consecutive 40 point games the rest being kd, iversen and lebron.i wonder why Cleveland let this go
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 4:55pm On Feb 16, 2017
realnas:
Guys do you that Andrew Wiggins is the 4th player under 22 to record consecutive 40 point games the rest being kd, iversen and lebron.i wonder why Cleveland let this go
They got a championship out of that trade.na good deal be that.
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 7:33pm On Feb 16, 2017
realnas:

Wiggins is talented but he needs to grow and Minnesota Timberwolves are providing the platform for that. I support the trade though because LeBron came back to win and he needed an experienced team. I also think Cavs would have kept him if LeBron were 25.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:38pm On Feb 16, 2017
bump

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (2229) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.