Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (591) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1629601 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:08am On Jun 16, 2017
www.rollingstone.com/sports/features/kobe-bryant-goodbye-to-the-nbas-all-time-asshole-20160413

www.interbasket.net/news/16558/2014/12/why-do-people-hate-kobe-bryant-thats-why/

Ask yourself after Dwight left why nobody wanted to come play with the Lakers? From fans oh to players oh. Everybody hated the Mamba
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 12:05pm On Jun 16, 2017
the full game 5 is on YouTube.
James no try for defence so far.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:09pm On Jun 16, 2017
I no know why this person no add Kyrie, Love, J.R

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by raumdeuter: 7:27pm On Jun 16, 2017
Where is Lebron taking his talent again? LA or back to South Beach
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jun 16, 2017
"No, no," James says. "In 2003, the Lakers combined Karl Malone, Gary Payton, Shaq and Kobe. And in ’96, when Jordan was retired, the Rockets joined Charles Barkley, Hakeem Olajuwon and Clyde Drexler all on the same team.

“But I don’t look at it as … I definitely didn’t start the superteam, if that’s what he’s trying to say. But I just feel like that it’s great that on the day you’re celebrating your championship, my likeness and my name is in your head. I love that.

He may have lost on the court but he keeps slaying these bums off the court. Draymond is Lebrons b-tch!
Re: The NBA Begins by hardeycute(m): 10:45pm On Jun 16, 2017
For the doubting Thomases

Playoff seasons w/ 25 PPG, 7 APG, 7 RPG in 10+ games... LeBron: 7 Everybody else in NBA history: 8 & this year's eFG% highest by wide margin

Copied from
https://mobile.twitter.com/johnschuhmann/status/875795861070114816?p=v

We ain't talking about rings

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jun 16, 2017
smiley

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jun 16, 2017
A40:
www.rollingstone.com/sports/features/kobe-bryant-goodbye-to-the-nbas-all-time-asshole-20160413

www.interbasket.net/news/16558/2014/12/why-do-people-hate-kobe-bryant-thats-why/

Ask yourself after Dwight left why nobody wanted to come play with the Lakers? From fans oh to players oh. Everybody hated the Mamba

Dwight was/is a soft as+ b-tch.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jun 16, 2017
A40:

Loved when he was on the verge of retirement

Blacks make up how many percentage of Americans again? Come on man no black man wanted him to go out like Tyson. Especially when the broad was white. I'm telling you the Kobe hate was deeper than basketball. A black athlete alleged to take advantage of a white woman? Forget it! And then the Shaq rift. Its like you don't know how much people love Shaq. He didn't just ball he was an entertainer. No athlete has ever dealt with what Kobe went through in that span. 2003-2006

Shaq>Kobe

Facts
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:48pm On Jun 16, 2017
raumdeuter:
Where is Lebron taking his talent again? LA or back to South Beach
Lebron is smart I give him that. He go use this year survey wetin dey on ground. That title wey e win last year no go make am too desperate. His legacy is somewhat secure
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:57pm On Jun 16, 2017
Ersan:
smiley
Lmao he said that? Is he using? I'd list 10 niggas he can't guard in the post with ease. Hell he is not even an elite defender. Making weakside steals and blocks is not defense. Did you see what K.D and Klay Thompson played these Finals? That's defense
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:05am On Jun 17, 2017
Ersan:
"No, no," James says. "In 2003, the Lakers combined Karl Malone, Gary Payton, Shaq and Kobe. And in ’96, when Jordan was retired, the Rockets joined Charles Barkley, Hakeem Olajuwon and Clyde Drexler all on the same team.

“But I don’t look at it as … I definitely didn’t start the superteam, if that’s what he’s trying to say. But I just feel like that it’s great that on the day you’re celebrating your championship, my likeness and my name is in your head. I love that.

He may have lost on the court but he keeps slaying these bums off the court. Draymond is Lebrons b-tch!
They are boys. Don't be fooled by the banter

Don't let this also distract us from the fact that Golden State made LeBald finally embrace his baldness

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:49am On Jun 17, 2017
A40:

They are boys. Don't be fooled by the banter

Don't let this also distract us from the fact that Golden State made LeBald finally embrace his baldness

Lol i know. Credit to lebron, he admitted that and said draymonds being draymond. He didnt say anything malicious about him or GSW at all!

People have been telling him to embrace his hairline, now that he did it its because of GSW or cause of MJ lol! Draymond and you lot aren't even serious.

But like you said....Good banter grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:10am On Jun 17, 2017
A40:

Lmao he said that? Is he using? I'd list 10 niggas he can't guard in the post with ease. Hell he is not even an elite defender. Making weakside steals and blocks is not defense. Did you see what K.D and Klay Thompson played these Finals? That's defense

He'll still guard them then, just not with ease?

Why would you use these finals to judge? Dudes 32 going on 33 soon. On a good day Dude was the best wing defender in the league in his prime. Was once second in DPOY voting and you're doubting his defensive abilities? Did this man screw your girlfriend?

If you want to argue about things like where his legacy stands fine. But give him credit where its due.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:28am On Jun 17, 2017
SmooshCHN, Dude said he had never been on a super team. They called him out, then he switched and said he was not the first. grin

Some people's GOAT. undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:33am On Jun 17, 2017
Won a ring and wore an "Ultimate Warrior" shirt while celebrating his victory but GSW were not in his head.

Say we added the 2nd best player in the world and became a superteam but they had the best player in the world and somehow were not.

Got gentlemanly broomed and coons started mouthing off about parity. Like they did not sweep the whole of the ECF before facing us.

Sore losers. He may have more talent than Kobe or any other player of this era but LeBrenda is no GOAT. Just an Ewu. grin

6 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:12am On Jun 17, 2017
Eruditor:
SmooshCHN, Dude said he had never been on a super team. They called him out, then he switched and said he was not the first. grin

Some people's GOAT. undecided

He reacted to people saying he started the super teams. Whether his teams were strong enough to be considered super teams, different debate.

When you're up, you can only come down. Or at least they can try to bring you down.

GOAT STANDARDS!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:18am On Jun 17, 2017
Eruditor:
Won a ring and wore an "Ultimate Warrior" shirt while celebrating his victory but GSW were not in his head.

Say we added the 2nd best player in the world and became a superteam but they had the best player in the world and somehow were not.

Got gentlemanly broomed and coons started mouthing off about parity. Like they did not sweep the whole of the ECF before facing us.

Sore losers. He may have more talent than Kobe or any other player of this era but LeBrenda is no GOAT. Just an Ewu. grin

He wore ultimate warrior accidentally believe it or not.

He explained in an article how his wife got him a bunch of wrestler t shirts. If you remember he wore different shirts like undertaker, stone cold etc during the playoffs.

His last clean t shirt coincidentally was that of ultimate warrior even his team mates didnt believe it.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lebron-says-he-wasnt-trolling-golden-state-fans-with-ultimate-warrior-shirt-after-finals/

Interview is from August last year so don't even say hes just saying it now.

How does being the best player in the world make your team super? on a team sport? Jordans team wasnt so super when he was getting swept in the first round and the detroit bad boys and cetics were molesting him was it? You're quick to call someone else a goat yet you're the person who deserves to be in pepper soup grin

But yeah, one second lebron isnt like jordan because he doesnt trash talk, isnt competitive. Next second hes petty for throwing jabs at opponents (the warrior t shirt isnt even one). Y'all are a bunch of pathetic losers i swear, even when you win.

Like he said, all you care about is lebron, he loves it grin

GOAT STANDARDS!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:00am On Jun 17, 2017
Bron and I ending our beef. We good now

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:55am On Jun 17, 2017
Facts

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 17, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Facts

Michael Jordan was also sent in the first round 3 times in a row. 2 of three times, sweeps.

Never made it to a final without pippen.

LeBrons first round exits=0

Facts.

Pick your poison.

Lebron= GOAT

Oh and by your re.tarded logic. Tim Duncan >kobe>Magic.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 17, 2017
This thread is like a LeBron bashing club. I love it!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:11am On Jun 17, 2017
Ersan:

Lol i know. Credit to lebron, he admitted that and said draymonds being draymond. He didnt say anything malicious about him or GSW at all!

People have been telling him to embrace his hairline, now that he did it its because of GSW or cause of MJ lol! Draymond and you lot aren't even serious.

But like you said....Good banter grin

Forget it. There's always some background story with your man. Son been bald for a minute. His barber deserves a Nobel prize for the dye he using. Must be Bigen

Had the Cavs won we both know that hair woulda survived

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 17, 2017
A40:

Forget it. There's always some background story with your man. Son been bald for a minute. His barber deserves a Nobel prize for the dye he using. Must be Bigen

Had the Cavs won we both know that hair woulda survived

If he was using dye I'm sure it'd be more obvious. I think they just stretch out what's left of his hair. Even now if you look closely, you'll see he's not ground zero hairless even at the front. If you're right his barber must be a magician.

I don't know what's running through his head. I leave that to psychics like you.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:25am On Jun 17, 2017
Ersan:

He'll still guard them then, just not with ease?

Why would you use these finals to judge? Dudes 32 going on 33 soon. On a good day Dude was the best wing defender in the league in his prime. Was once second in DPOY voting and you're doubting his defensive abilities? Did this man screw your girlfriend?

If you want to argue about things like where his legacy stands fine. But give him credit where its due.
All these Lebron stans sef. I'd bet good money I started watching Lebron before you did. Lebron was never the best wing defender in the league. It don't matter how many times you repeat this lie, it can never be true. Dude Jason Terry called him out during the NBA Finals, Jason Terry

Tyson Chandler and Marcus Camby have been DPOY before so I don't take that award too seriously

He is more of a flashy, highlight reel defender. Don't get me wrong he isn't a liability but when I think great post defenders I don't think Lebron. Even on the perimeter he is much better on help defense than 1 on 1

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:07am On Jun 17, 2017
You are new here. We discussed what you have above last year but the simple fact is your man lied.

Ask him about his Halloween "finals" theme party or the 3-1 cookies or the burial stones of Klay, Steph and Dray. Did his wife also accidentally plan that aspect for him?

Your man unfollowed Journalists in Ohio last year, simply because they were not bigging him enough before the playoffs and when he was found out, said he routinely did that to get into playoffs mode.

Ask him which journalist he unfollowed this year in readiness to getting into playoffs mode?

Your man feigned a back injury to get off the court because Spurs were handing the Cavs a heavy blow out L this season only to appear the very next day, super dunking and slamming in the gym.

Your man is a queen. He is LeDiva.

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:14am On Jun 17, 2017
You have 2 All stars with an expensive bench and they have the best player in the world. But they are not a super team.

Then you have 3 All stars (whom you people called overrated and chokers) then they add the 2nd best player in the world and voila! They become a super team.

The double-standard here calls for a review of the word doppelgänger.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:23am On Jun 17, 2017
Your man got swept in a finals and got the 2nd level of sweeping 2 other times.

Your man lost to a Mavs team 2-1 up with home court advantage after dropping 8pts in one of the biggest games of his life.

Your man boasted he would win "not 1, not 2, not 3... rings" but you claim he was not on a super team in Miami.

Your man dropped 11pts in game 3 against an undermanned Celtics team. Jordan never dropped below 20 in a playoffs game.

He would probably go down as a top 5 player ever but he is not the GOAT.

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jun 17, 2017
Eruditor:
Your man got swept in a finals and got the 2nd level of sweeping 2 other times.
Against great opposition. The first time he had no business being in the finals, jordan would have never got past the first round with what lebron had. A 22 year old carrying a team with ilgauskas, drew gooden, larry hughes and pavlovic to the NBA finals! This is against a spurs dynasty.

Other two times also against great opposition. A spurs dynasty where his team mates played like shieeet and against the greatest assembly of talents the league has ever seen.

Your man lost to a Mavs team 2-1 up with home court advantage after dropping 8pts in one of the biggest games of his life.
Yuup, only dent on his career. I'll give you this.

Your man boasted he would win "not 1, not 2, not 3... rings" but you claim he was not on a super team in Miami.
Because he was the best player in the league, saw what he can accomplish with scrubs and believed he can do much better with reliable people around him. Again they weren't even the best team in the east.

Take lebron out of that team and put any other player in the NBA in there and tell me what you have.

Your man dropped 11pts in game 3 against an undermanned Celtics team. Jordan never dropped below 20 in a playoffs game.
Well, he never said anything. But according to richard jefferson he had a flu that sent deron williams home. Dont you think its a bit weird that he just suddenly became so lazy, even in game 4 where he dropped over 30, he didnt look like himself.

He would probably go down as a top 5 player ever but he is not the GOAT.
Hes definitely top 2 or top 3 now out of respect for kareems stats. By the time hes done none of these people will even come close.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 17, 2017
Eruditor:
You have 2 All stars with an expensive bench and they have the best player in the world. But they are not a super team.
Up until last season love was considered by everyone a failure. In fact last year people were saying only way cavs win is if love doesnt play. All star appearances can be deceiving.

Love played like a bum in the finals. Unacceptable.

You keep talking against an expensive bench or salary determines player performance. Curry is earning same as jr and less than TT, Let that sink in.

Then you have 3 All stars (whom you people called overrated and chokers) then they add the 2nd best player in the world and voila! They become a super team.
A 73 win team, already touted the best regular season team of all time plus kevin Durant. They lost last year because they were playing against a GOAT and a cooking kyrie. They add kevin durant and thats too much.

The double-standard here calls for a review of the word doppelgänger.
I'm not sure you know what that means small fry.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 17, 2017
Lol love is a failure. Someone who was winning 40+ games in the wild wild west without any credible talent around him is a failure. Number 4 pick, franchise player. A failure. Man y'all bron fans something else
Then again you just started watching basketball

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jun 17, 2017
Eruditor:
You are new here. We discussed what you have above last year but the simple fact is your man lied.
Sure, why would he do something so bold and then lie? what reason does he have? he was on top of the world.

Ask him about his Halloween "finals" theme party or the 3-1 cookies or the burial stones of Klay, Steph and Dray. Did his wife also accidentally plan that aspect for him?
Yeah that was funny.

Your man unfollowed Journalists in Ohio last year, simply because they were not bigging him enough before the playoffs and when he was found out, said he routinely did that to get into playoffs mode.
SMH, He also followed the cavs team just so you know. How you arrived at they werent bigging him enough is funny. He doesn't use social media during playoffs so why would they "bigging" him matter to him or not. Why would he need that,

Swear down you bums try to blame him for everything its pathetic.

Ask him which journalist he unfollowed this year in readiness to getting into playoffs mode?
The cavs team?

Your man feigned a back injury to get off the court because Spurs were handing the Cavs a heavy blow out L this season only to appear the very next day, super dunking and slamming in the gym.

Only a heartless scum would see that hit and conclude he was feigning that injury. Its a non playoff games goddamit he does even care about it! This isnt the first time he was blown out, many other teams did that to them.

Your man is a queen. He is LeDiva.
Call him what you want, trust me, he doesn't care. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.