Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,570 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (592) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1629467 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jun 17, 2017
Donlittle:
Lol love is a failure. Someone who was winning 40+ games in the wild wild west without any credible talent around him is a failure. Number 4 pick, franchise player. A failure. Man y'all bron fans something else
Then again you just started watching basketball
You are a lying sack of goat shiiit! why bring his credentials in the west to the east, what did he do in his first two years with the cavs? Did i ever deny that he was a good player?

English is your problem, was love considered a failure with the cavs during last years playoffs finals or not? i dare you to answer that! Did he not utterly suck throughout this years playoffs? OAF!

Your hatred for lebron will kill you one day grin

*draymond was guarding westbrook grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jun 17, 2017
Ersan:

You are a lying sack of goat shiiit! why bring his credentials in the west to the east, what did he do in his first two years with the cavs? Did i ever deny that he was a good player?

English is your problem, was love considered a failure with the cavs during last years finals playoffs or not? i dare you to answer that! Did he not utterly suck throughout this years playoffs? OAF!

Your hatred for lebron will kill you one day grin

*draymond was guarding westbrook grin

Do you feel smarter than everyone else when you curse every minute?

I don't get it, after a while you start saying you are a kid that's just on holiday or break.

Don't you think you are delusional? I never mentioned anywhere that green guards Westbrook. I am pretty sure if you watch OKC vs GSW games there are clips of him guarding Westbrook regardless. The mere fact that you post only a 5 secs clip to try to dispute that clearly shows you are delusional.

One thing that can't be disputed in this league is Draymond green guards the 1 position to the 5.

The fact that you refuse to admit that green guards the 1 - 5 shows that you are delusional.

Kevin love hasn't been a failure. He is averaging 16 points while averaging 9+ rebounds a game. He doesn't run the offense. That's kyrie and bron job. If you are playing with two ball dominant players, someone is going to suffer. It happened to Chris bosh and it will keep happening to love.

If love has been a failure, don't you think it is an extension of LeBron failures too? LeBron picked a failure to come play with him.

The west is tougher than the east, any player that can lead his team to 40+ wins in the West can do the same thing in the east.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 17, 2017
Donlittle:
Do you feel smarter than everyone else when you curse every minute?
You lot really showed the depth (or lack thereof) of your intellect early on so i dont. I just feel like i need to describe people accurately from time to time.

I don't get it, after a while you start saying you are a kid that's just on holiday or break.

Don't you think you are delusional? I never mentioned anywhere that green guards Westbrook. I am pretty sure if you watch OKC vs GSW games there are clips of him guarding green.

The fact that you refuse to admit that green guards the 1 - 5 shows that you are delusional.
*Sigh i'm not going to get sucked into this re.tarded debate again grin

Kevin love hasn't been a failure. He is averaging 16 points while averaging 9+ rebounds a game. He doesn't run the offense. That's kyrie and bron job. If you are playing with two ball dominant players, someone is going to suffer. It happened to Chris bosh and it will keep happening to love.
SMH! Same Love people accused of trying to fit out of the cavs, same love cavs fans were asking to get bench as this was the secret to their success last year? Same love lebron was scolding openly in the finals last year because he was playing like a bum? Same love that disappeared in game 1 2 3 and 5 this year? Hes like houdini when his team needs him.

You and your blunders, both bosh and love are not ball dominant players so what you're implying shouldnt affect them.

I guess him not sinking 3s or getting rebounds also has something to do with two ball dominant players yeah? grin

If love has been a failure, don't you think it is an extension of LeBron failures too? LeBron picked a failure to come play with him.
He cant be held responsible for his team mates turning into bums!

The west is tougher than the east, any player that can lead his team to 40+ wins in the West can do the same thing in the east.
Never denied love is a good player, very good even when he wants to be.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:24pm On Jun 17, 2017
Lmaoo Lebron fanboys would not tell you that the Cavs beat a Wizards team without Gilbert Arenas (best scoring PG in the league at the time) and Caron Butler on the way to the Finals in 07.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 17, 2017
A40:
Lmaoo Lebron fanboys would not tell you that the Cavs beat a Wizards team without Gilbert Arenas (best scoring PG in the league at the time) and Caron Butler on the way to the Finals in 07.

First round. They got swept grin

Besides, doesnt matter. Lebron doesnt lose in first rounds, hes no michael jordan.

What about the rest of the east, whats your excuse?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 17, 2017
A40:

All these Lebron stans sef. I'd bet good money I started watching Lebron before you did. Lebron was never the best wing defender in the league. It don't matter how many times you repeat this lie, it can never be true.

Thats your opinion.

Tyson Chandler and Marcus Camby have been DPOY before so I don't take that award too seriously
Cause they are both very good defenders and deserve it. What's your point? That they're not?

He is more of a flashy, highlight reel defender. Don't get me wrong he isn't a liability but when I think great post defenders I don't think Lebron. Even on the perimeter he is much better on help defense than 1 on 1
Thats because he doesnt mostly defend the post. Doesnt mean he cant when he wants to. I mean he was able to guard gasol at the post goddammit! For those saying he can't guard 1-5. Think about that. His versatility in defence is unquestionable.

Dude Jason Terry called him out during the NBA Finals, Jason Terry
This jason terry? grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-QTiByTKaI

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:47pm On Jun 17, 2017
Ersan:

First round. They got swept grin

Besides, doesnt matter. Lebron doesnt lose in first rounds, hes no michael jordan.

What about the rest of the east, whats your excuse?
Son #2 is not a winner and #3 nobody remembers. Nobody cared in 06 that Dirk got to the Finals with Desagana Diop and Devin Harris

The East is sweet! From M.J's retirement till 2007 the West was 7-2 in NBA Finals.

Do you think Lebron out West would make the playoffs with Smush Parker, Brian Cook and Kwame Brown in his starting V? Negro pls
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 17, 2017
A40:

Son #2 is not a winner and #3 nobody remembers. Nobody cared in 06 that Dirk got to the Finals with Desagana Diop and Devin Harris

The East is sweet! From M.J's retirement till 2007 the West was 7-2 in NBA Finals.

Do you think Lebron out West would make the playoffs with Smush Parker, Brian Cook and Kwame Brown in his starting V? Negro pls

The east has more titles than the west in total. Quality varies at different points. A lot of the wests success relies on the Lakers also being in the west.

Any team with LeBron in it is already favorites for the finals. Apart from GSW and spurs, I wonder which team could possibly beat LeBron in a 7 game series In the west. If he were in the west, which ever team beat him is a lock-in for the championship.

It doesn't matter which conference he plays in.

Besides. He's part of the reason why players are running from the east now.

Nowitzki was in his prime, had Jason Terry and Josh Howard (who was averaging 15 a game) . Stackhouse was also playing quite well. They won 60 games dammit.

People speak of finals against. Never first round against...
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:24pm On Jun 17, 2017
Ersan:

The east has more titles than the west in total. Quality varies at different points. A lot of the wests success relies on the Lakers also being in the west.

Any team with LeBron in it is already favorites for the finals. Apart from GSW and spurs, I wonder which team could possibly beat LeBron in a 7 game series know the west. If he were in the west, which ever team beat him is a lock-in for the championship.

It doesn't matter which conference he plays in.

Besides. He's part of the reason why players are running from the east now.

People speak of finals against. Never first round against...
I don't care for who has more titles in total. That is beyond the scope of the debate. A lot of the East's success is also down to the Celtics and the bazillion rings they won before Color TVs

The GOAT in his prime shifted the balance of power to his conference. Celtics, Pistons were multiple title winning teams in contention in the East. Tell us what has been LeBald's competition coming out of the East?

I can see LeBald struggling with a healthy Clippers team in a series. What the Finals clearly show for one is that he doesn't make 7 straight finals out West.

Name the players who ran out East cos of LeBald, nobody counts how many second rounds, quarter finals, finals Brazil has been to! All we know is Brazil have won 5 World Cups
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jun 17, 2017
A40:

I don't care for who has more titles in total. That is beyond the scope of the debate. A lot of the East's success is also down to the Celtics and the bazillion rings they won before Color TVs
Lmao! Just saying. If you want to talk about titles.

The GOAT in his prime shifted the balance of power to his conference. Celtics, Pistons were multiple title winning teams in contention in the East. Tell us what has been LeBald's competition coming out of the East?
The balance was never in the wests favor grin

Between 1981-1990 the east won more championships than the west, he didnt shift anything. The west was never his problem, it was the detroit bad boys and the celtics giving him constant wedgies. Thankfully for him when age caught up with them and they dismantled, it also coincided with the fall of the showtime dynasty. The flat track bully ran riot.

I can see LeBald struggling with a healthy Clippers team in a series. What the Finals clearly show for one is that he doesn't make 7 straight finals out West.
Lol! NO! Dont reach!

Ironic how a jordan fan is making fun of lebrons baldness. grin

Name the players who ran out East cos of LeBald, nobody counts how many second rounds, quarter finals, finals Brazil has been to! All we know is Brazil have won 5 World Cups.
Why do you think paul george wanted to go to the lakers to give you a more recent example? He spoke out about how its depressing losing to the same person over and over again. Superstars hate the east, even KD could have joined his hometown team the wizards and competed but he knew he had to face lebron, so he took the competition out of it. Lol!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:53pm On Jun 17, 2017
Ersan:

Cause they are both very good defenders and deserve it. What's your point? That they're not?
Good not great. Chandler did not even make All-defense team

Ersan:

Thats because he doesnt mostly defend the post. Doesnt mean he cant when he wants to. I mean he was able to guard gasol at the post goddammit! For those saying he can't guard 1-5. Think about that. His versatility in defence is unquestionable.
Fam I would show you footage of the GOAT guarding Vlade Divac, Olajuwon guarding and blocking Patrick Ewing and Shaq. MJ was known to guard bigs for spurts yet you don't see anybody claiming the GOAT guarded from 1-5.

I remember the 14 ECF Fam this nigga couldn't even guard David West

Ersan:

This jason terry? grin
Naa this Jason Terry. All up in LeBald's grill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyFp219Nj4Y
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jun 17, 2017
Guilty as charged sad

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:08am On Jun 18, 2017
Ersan:

The balance was never in the wests favor grin

Between 1981-1990 the east won more championships than the west, he didnt shift anything. The west was never his problem, it was the detroit bad boys and the celtics giving him constant wedgies. Thankfully for him when age caught up with them and they dismantled, it also coincided with the fall of the showtime dynasty. The flat track bully ran riot.
You are making my argument for me. The G.O.A.T played in a conference with two multiple Champions. It means he contended with two any given year. What is LeBald's competition? Raptors, Bulls, Celtics with a 5'9 nigga as their best player? ROTFLOL

Aside those champs we also had tough teams like the Knicks, Magic, Cavs and Pacers in the East back then

Ersan:

Lol! NO! Dont reach!

Ironic how a jordan fan is making fun of lebrons baldness. grin
The G.O.A.T never wore deadass headbands to hide his hairline. He embraced his baldness at an early age unlike your insecure a$s LeBald who stretched the hair, used dye and fought a losing battle. Just one more reason why he can't be G.O.A.T.

Ersan:

Why do you think paul george wanted to go to the lakers to give you a more recent example? He spoke out about how its depressing losing to the same person over and over again. Superstars hate the east, even KD could have joined his hometown team the wizards and competed but he knew he had to face lebron, so he took the competition out of it. Lol!
Young man Paul George is from L.A since we are using your logic

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:34am On Jun 18, 2017
A40:

Good not great. Chandler did not even make All-defense team
Individually ibaka was the better defender but chandler helped out the knicks as a whole.

Fam I would show you footage of the GOAT guarding Vlade Divac, Olajuwon guarding and blocking Patrick Ewing and Shaq. MJ was known to guard bigs for spurts yet you don't see anybody claiming the GOAT guarded from 1-5.
Blocking and guarding are two different things. I'd love to see footage of jeffrey on the dream though. Lebron doesnt even defend like that anymore, but point is on a good day he can lock down anyone.

I remember the 14 ECF Fam this nigga couldn't even guard David West
If he can lock down gasol, he can lock down david west.

Naa this Jason Terry. All up in LeBald's grill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyFp219Nj4Y
The dunk happened after this. Lebron ended his career with that dunk grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:43am On Jun 18, 2017
A40:

You are making my argument for me. The G.O.A.T played in a conference with two multiple Champions. It means he contended with two any given year. What is LeBald's competition? Raptors, Bulls, Celtics with a 5'9 nigga as their best player? ROTFLOL
Yuup and he failed miserably until they all wilted.

Your argument was that Jeffrey broke the west dominance which is not true because they weren't dominating in the first place.

Dont make fun of IT, hes got heart. Celtics beat the warriors and were the number 1 seed, Dont forget the age of millsap, then the age of the celtics, even PG/Hibbert and PG/Stephenson were supposed to be a threat, plus the year of the bulls and MVP Derrick Rose. Lebron beat each and every one of them to the finals.

Aside those champs we also had tough teams like the Knicks, Magic, Cavs and Pacers in the East back then
Cake walks. mostly with 1 superstar or two at most at any given time.

The G.O.A.T never wore deadass headbands to hide his hairline. He embraced his baldness at an early age unlike your insecure a$s LeBald who stretched the hair, used dye and fought a losing battle. Just one more reason why he can't be G.O.A.T.
Head band to cover what exactly, he had as many functioning hair follicles as sir charles has rings grin

I was telling someone that one day someone will say lebron cant be GOAT cause of his hairline, he said im exaggerating.... Thank you for winning me an argument, i am going to throw this in his face grin

Young man Paul George is from L.A since we are using your logic
And hes running home to avoid the king or maybe he'll join the king. Either way we both know lebron is part of why hes considering LA.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:32am On Jun 18, 2017
He can lock down anyone.... KD was shooting threes in his face B
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:25am On Jun 18, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Manutd19, Eruditor, A40, Donlittle, Lolawilliams, Birdman, Skywalker5, Roland17, Ersan, Muna15, Sircumalot
Take your time to check this video.. This has been the problem of the Cavs from the beginning. And we some of us here kept mentioning it but y'all didn't agree. Y'all so good offensively with Bron and Kyrie what about the fundamentals of Defense. Lemme keep quiet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32zgkcybr-A

good stuff. unripe banana to fruit festival grin

I realized by game 2 that as brilliant as the warriors were, cavs werent playing the type of defense you usually see on LBJ led teams. Im going to leave this one at lebron's door. This is something he should have addressed as team leader.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:27am On Jun 18, 2017
Donlittle:
He can lock down anyone.... KD was shooting threes in his face B

Read through everything i wrote before exposing yourself again.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:55am On Jun 18, 2017
You lot are like KD trying to stop lebron from dunking, you foul him with your hands in his face, but he still dunks on you.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:39am On Jun 18, 2017
Ersan:
You lot are like KD trying to stop lebron from dunking, you foul him with your hands in his face, but he still dunks on you.
bruh he lost the series 4 - 1

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:40am On Jun 18, 2017
I just hope D. Ainge knows what he is doing with the decision to switch picks with the Sixers.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:36am On Jun 18, 2017
Roland17:
I just hope D. Ainge knows what he is doing with the decision to switch picks with the Sixers.
Got 3rd pick, 2018 1st round pick and/or 2019 1st round pick.. Seems Celtics won this one.. They need to go hard on FA. The future is bright of they get quality player this off-season
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 7:55am On Jun 18, 2017
I thought Simmons is a PG like fultz.
really strange trade.
I think ainge is going to throw all these draft pick into a trade for a legit guy like Anthony Davis.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:15am On Jun 18, 2017
Cavs fans how market? We're in this struggle with you cheesy cheesy
S.A.S don't want Melo roasting his arse again cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFtv5hNOV6g
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:40am On Jun 18, 2017
Ersan:

Individually ibaka was the better defender but chandler helped out the knicks as a whole.
I'm showing you how inconsistent these awards can be. Voting is done by the media

Ersan:
Blocking and guarding are two different things. I'd love to see footage of jeffrey on the dream though. Lebron doesnt even defend like that anymore, but point is on a good day he can lock down anyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Esc0Ak9Jb90

That is the G.O.A.T doing work on ball D and off the ball. Can you count how many bigs? The G.O.A.T was only 6'6

Lockdown anybody? Negro pls he couldn't lockdown Jason Terry

Ersan:
If he can lock down gasol, he can lock down david west.
Only that he couldn't. Spo had to take Bron off West after Game 1 just to salvage the series. After West shot 100% on him

Ersan:
The dunk happened after this. Lebron ended his career with that dunk grin
He was 36. His career already ended

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:49am On Jun 18, 2017
Ersan:

Yuup and he failed miserably until they all wilted.

Your argument was that Jeffrey broke the west dominance which is not true because they weren't dominating in the first place.
Till they wilted? Isiah is only 2 years older than the G.O.A.T, Joe Dumars is his age mate. They were destroyed and never recovered

With the Celtics the G.O.A.T was a baby facing a team knee deep in their prime. Bird is 7 years older than the G.O.A.T came into the league 6 years before him

I told you the balance of power was in the East in the G.O.A.T's era btw so how did you come up with the breaking the West dominance spiel? I don't get it

Ersan:
Dont make fun of IT, hes got heart. Celtics beat the warriors and were the number 1 seed, Dont forget the age of millsap, then the age of the celtics, even PG/Hibbert and PG/Stephenson were supposed to be a threat, plus the year of the bulls and MVP Derrick Rose. Lebron beat each and every one of them to the finals.
Don't compare the Bad Boy Pistons and the 80's Celtics who made a combined 8 NBA Finals to the jabronis LeBald is competing with now. Stephenson, Hibbert? Lmao are they still in the league?

Lol Derrick Rose and Luol Deng vs Wade x Bosh x LeBald? Later you would call the G.O.A.T a flat track bully.

Ersan:

Cake walks. mostly with 1 superstar or two at most at any given time.
Exactly. Same way beating Brandon Jennings, Bulls without D.Rose a 36 year old Garnett, 35 year old Paul Pierce is a cakewalk

Ersan:

Head band to cover what exactly, he had as many functioning hair follicles as sir charles has rings grin

I was telling someone that one day someone will say lebron cant be GOAT cause of his hairline, he said im exaggerating.... Thank you for winning me an argument, i am going to throw this in his face grin
Come on man. Your boi insecure af. Who goes through that trouble just to hide a receding hairline? Once my hair gets to that point I'm scraping it off.

Ersan:

And hes running home to avoid the king or maybe he'll join the king. Either way we both know lebron is part of why hes considering LA.
What's the point avoiding him when a bigger monster awaits in the bay! Come on if you had to choose between Naptown and sunny L.A where would you pick?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:42am On Jun 19, 2017
"Each of LeBron's 8 finals opponents had a better post season net efficiency than the best team Jeffrey ever faced"

I'm back at you with bare facts in this b-tch!

Jeffrey is a flat track bully!!!!!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:44am On Jun 19, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Manutd19, Eruditor, A40, Donlittle, Lolawilliams, Birdman, Skywalker5, Roland17, Ersan, Muna15, Sircumalot
Take your time to check this video.. This has been the problem of the Cavs from the beginning. And we some of us here kept mentioning it but y'all didn't agree. Y'all so good offensively with Bron and Kyrie what about the fundamentals of Defense. Lemme keep quiet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32zgkcybr-A
am just seeing this video.
you must've forgotten cause we worried alot about the cavs defence on this thread.go back and check.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:45am On Jun 19, 2017
This whole ring count shieet is the dumbest shiieeet ever! "Its a team sport"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v36BuH8xoKI
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:58am On Jun 19, 2017
A40:

Till they wilted? Isiah is only 2 years older than the G.O.A.T, Joe Dumars is his age mate. They were destroyed and never recovered

With the Celtics the G.O.A.T was a baby facing a team knee deep in their prime. Bird is 7 years older than the G.O.A.T came into the league 6 years before him

Their record fell they year he won. They werent as dominant or effective as they used to be. As a team reliant on physical play they werent the same. Like you said, they never recovered.

Exactly, and he never was able to do anything against them, why hold lebron losing to great teams against him?

I told you the balance of power was in the East in the G.O.A.T's era btw so how did you come up with the breaking the West dominance spiel? I don't get it

Because you said this, the balance of power was never in the wests favor to begin with.

Don't compare the Bad Boy Pistons and the 80's Celtics who made a combined 8 NBA Finals to the jabronis LeBald is competing with now. Stephenson, Hibbert? Lmao are they still in the league?

Lol Derrick Rose and Luol Deng vs Wade x Bosh x LeBald? Later you would call the G.O.A.T a flat track bully.
Lol! if lebron wasnt there these are the teams that would make finals appearances.

The bulls had the best record in the East. The miami heat were talented but were still finding their stride.

Exactly. Same way beating Brandon Jennings, Bulls without D.Rose a 36 year old Garnett, 35 year old Paul Pierce is a cakewalk
No one in his right mind would call that team a cake walk, regardless of their age.

Come on man. Your boi insecure af. Who goes through that trouble just to hide a receding hairline? Once my hair gets to that point I'm scraping it off.
Thats you. His aesthetics are none of your business.

What's the point avoiding him when a bigger monster awaits in the bay! Come on if you had to choose between Naptown and sunny L.A where would you pick?
Well the lakers have a lot of cards in their hands, its his hometown, its a new challenger. Its better than losing to Lebron.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:59am On Jun 19, 2017
Ersan:
"Each of LeBron's 8 finals opponents had a better post season net efficiency than the best team Jeffrey ever faced"

I'm back at you with bare facts in this b-tch!

Jeffrey is a flat track bully!!!!!

you no dey rest sha cheesy?

the nba as changed since jordan time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.