Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (595) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1635468 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) ... (2219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:58am On Jun 20, 2017
SIRcumalot:

my guess is griffin salary demand is the reason.
GM jobs aren't easy to get,even harder to get a team with a chance at the trophy to manage.
gilbert agreed to spend Millions that was part of what was agreed upon to bring bron back.we shed some guys and tool up again.

all these will be your headache soon
maybe it is just me,but iggy has to choose money at this point in his career.

I know Dan agreed but to be spending close to $250M (Cap + Lux) this year again is highly unlikely. Griffin's salary may have been an issue too but since the sack was not run by Bron I doubt salary was the issue.

I have been hearing the Iggy story. Sources already said KD would take less than the super max which will allow us keep Iggy and Shaun L. Even if, Shaun L might leave (because he deserves a huge contract following his knee injury) Iggy is really invested in the Bay Area and I think it might play into his decision-making.

Also, he is 32 years old and would be mandated to get more minutes on another team which could wear him thin. This is an aside from the fact that the $20M a year contract people claim others could pay him is absolutely bogus for an injury prone 32 year old vet that would want a 3-year contract.

It might be my bias talking but I doubt any club can offer him that type of money. I think GSW will offer him an $11M per year contract for 2 years and it would keep him. But if he gets $15-20M a year anywhere else then he is free to go. He deserves it too. Bob will figure things out.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 12:19pm On Jun 20, 2017
Eruditor:

I know Dan agreed but to be spending close to $250M (Cap + Lux) this year again is highly unlikely. Griffin's salary may have been an issue too but since the sack was not run by Bron I doubt salary was the issue.

I have been hearing the Iggy story. Sources already said KD would take less than the super max which will allow us keep Iggy and Shaun L. Even if, Shaun L might leave (because he deserves a huge contract following his knee injury) Iggy is really invested in the Bay Area and I think it might play into his decision-making.

Also, he is 32 years old and would be mandated to get more minutes on another team which could wear him thin. This is an aside from the fact that the $20M a year contract people claim others could pay him is absolutely bogus for an injury prone 32 year old vet that would want a 3-year contract.

It might be my bias talking but I doubt any club can offer him that type of money. I think GSW will offer him an $11M per year contract for 2 years and it would keep him. But if he gets $15-20M a year anywhere else then he is free to go. He deserves it too. Bob will figure things out.
Bron can't sack anybody,i won't deny that he has some influence on rosters and stuff but we've seen that many times before.
the nets are always the team i know that always drive prices up,they did it to the blazers am expecting them to do it again if you're going to have this good a team that luxury tax gats bite.

i hope you're wrong about this dismantling,who is going to challenge from the east ?
if it happens then,bron has my blessings to go west then.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:54pm On Jun 20, 2017
SIRcumalot:

Bron can't sack anybody,i won't deny that he has some influence on rosters and stuff but we've seen that many times before.
the nets are always the team i know that always drive prices up,they did it to the blazers am expecting them to do it again if you're going to have this good a team that luxury tax gats bite.

i hope you're wrong about this dismantling,who is going to challenge from the east ?
if it happens then,bron has my blessings to go west then.

Normally if the issue was about salary I am sure Griffin would have mentioned it to Bron so he can wield his influence on Dan to make him give Griffin what he is asking for.

I am guessing in Dan's mind they were willing to pay all the cap and lux this year to see if they could repeat. As the project seemed to be a huge burst, the only option left was to dismantle the team to at least go under the cap and avoid all the unnecessary taxes.

Perhaps, Griffin stood against the plan and offered to resign than see it happen which Dan took. This is my own conjecture.

As per who would compete, I am hearing about moves for Chauncey Billups as GM and a third party agreement with another team to help secure Jimmy Buckets. In my heart I really feel Cavs are not way behind GSW except for playing style. Bron, Kyrie and Love still have a lot to offer in a more encompassing system.

I don't know what to make of the Bron going to the west rumors but that guy is sly; I remember his time in Miami before the 4th season when he put his house on the market and the media was awash with how he was planning on returning to Cleveland but Bron kept denying it. Who knows maybe he has no plans of moving and the rumors are only stemming from the fact that his house in LA was recently vandalized.

He would suffer more in Lakers for example, than with Cavs this coming season except he is eyeing there during his free agency.
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 5:43pm On Jun 20, 2017
Lebron can move to anywhere he wants. No player should be loyal to a club to his own dissatisfaction.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 6:21pm On Jun 20, 2017
Eruditor:

Normally if the issue was about salary I am sure Griffin would have mentioned it to Bron so he can wield his influence on Dan to make him give Griffin what he is asking for.

I am guessing in Dan's mind they were willing to pay all the cap and lux this year to see if they could repeat. As the project seemed to be a huge burst, the only option left was to dismantle the team to at least go under the cap and avoid all the unnecessary taxes.

Perhaps, Griffin stood against the plan and offered to resign than see it happen which Dan took. This is my own conjecture.

As per who would compete, I am hearing about moves for Chauncey Billups as GM and a third party agreement with another team to help secure Jimmy Buckets. In my heart I really feel Cavs are not way behind GSW except for playing style. Bron, Kyrie and Love still have a lot to offer in a more encompassing system.

I don't know what to make of the Bron going to the west rumors but that guy is sly; I remember his time in Miami before the 4th season when he put his house on the market and the media was awash with how he was planning on returning to Cleveland but Bron kept denying it. Who knows maybe he has no plans of moving and the rumors are only stemming from the fact that his house in LA was recently vandalized.

He would suffer more in Lakers for example, than with Cavs this coming season except he is eyeing there during his free agency.
the truth go reveal itself soon.
I have no idea how Jimmy buckets helps this team,aside from trying to guard Durant make we dey watch sha.it won't be smooth.
our playing style is alright,you play to the strength of your roster.

if he was going to a team in the west it would be the clippers.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 20, 2017
Manutd19:
Lebron can move to anywhere he wants. No player should be loyal to a club to his own dissatisfaction.

Cleveland are just lucky the greatest player ever was born in close proximity to them and they were lucky enough to have the 1st overall pick. It was just fate.

They behaved as if he owed them something in 2010 when he really didn't owe them anything.

But unless he's being buggered by the owner I think he should see out his career with them.

Seems he really is the chosen one in many ways.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:58pm On Jun 20, 2017
Manutd19:
KD in 2016 saw the future.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:53pm On Jun 20, 2017
Lakers trade D'angelo Russell and Mozgov for Brook Lopez and 2018 27th pick..

Making a long term play to accommodate LeBron and Paul George..
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 1:31am On Jun 21, 2017
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:19am On Jun 21, 2017

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:36pm On Jun 21, 2017
The Clippers are synonymous to drama. I just read somewhere the Clippers are exploring a trade for D. Jordan, and i was wondering why CP3, Blake Griffin and Doc Rivers have not kidnapped D. Jordan in his house like they did the last time. I guess Mark Cuban would be having the last laugh if D.Jordan gets traded away from LA.

It is quite possible the Clippers would start the new NBA season without one, two or all of CP3, Griffin, Reddick, and D. Jordan. Back to rebuilding mode.
Re: The NBA Begins by BlinkEye: 3:13pm On Jun 21, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Lakers trade D'angelo Russell and Mozgov for Brook Lopez and 2018 27th pick..

Making a long term play to accommodate LeBron and Paul George..

Wow this is intriguing shocked Let's see if it happens! grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:48am On Jun 23, 2017
Lonzo Ball to the Lakers....Boooom.cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:48am On Jun 23, 2017
Jimmy Butler has been traded to the Timberwolves. grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:04am On Jun 23, 2017
Roland17:
Jimmy Butler has been traded to the Timberwolves. grin grin grin

SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

Amazing how totally off journalists were.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:14am On Jun 23, 2017
Timberwolves Rubio KAT Wiggins Butler

Celtics about to get paul george

East is about to become much tougher. I love it!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:16am On Jun 23, 2017
Ersan:
Timberwolves Rubio KAT Wiggins Butler

East is about to become much tougher. I love it!!

I doubt the addition of Butler to the Wolves changes much for the franchise especially considering they are competing in the western conference. Also, they gave up an important piece in Z. Lavine.

Butler masterminded the fall out and subsequent trade of Rose, it would be a difficult terrain in the west where his offense has to be consistent to be considered elite.

D. Ainge is convinced he can convince PG13 to sign long term after next year. I don't know how that affects talks about G. Hayward who has been my preference because he fits perfectly into our system (Ball movement) in comparison to ISO basketball which PG13 plays.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:22am On Jun 23, 2017
Roland17:

I doubt the addition of Butler to the Wolves changes much for the franchise especially considering they are competing in the western conference. Also, they gave up an important piece in Z. Lavine.

Butler masterminded the fall out and subsequent trade of Rose, it would be a difficult terrain in the west where his offense has to be consistent to be considered elite.

D. Ainge is convinced he can convince PG13 to sign long term after next year. I don't know how that affects talks about G. Hayward who has been my preference because he fits perfectly into our system (Ball movement) in comparison to ISO basketball which PG13 plays.

Ohh yeah lol. They're still screwed. But watching those yungens grow and improve is quite exciting. Lets see what they can do.

But PG to celtics is still exciting though. Hope it happens.
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 7:26am On Jun 23, 2017
[quote author=Ersan post=57768697]Timberwolves Rubio KAT Wiggins Butler

East is about to become much tougher. I love it!![/quote ]
How's the east about to become much tougher?
Nothing is happening in that conference.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:58am On Jun 23, 2017
See how teams like Wolves made sensible trade, Warriors buying a draft pick that got defensive player of they year.. Come 2-3 years the Wolves with Wiggins, KAT, Butler, Shabazz Muhammed would be something.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 23, 2017
[quote author=Manutd19 post=57771323][/quote]

PG to Celtics. Cavs will still sweep them but it's a step in the right direction.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 23, 2017
SmooshCHN:
See how teams like Wolves made sensible trade, Warriors buying a draft pick that got defensive player of they year.. Come 2-3 years the Wolves with Wiggins, KAT, Butler, Shabazz Muhammed would be something.

Trust the process.

The 76ers are coming.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 9:40am On Jun 23, 2017
SmooshCHN:

True talk..believe that too....
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 9:41am On Jun 23, 2017
OKC....what we waiting for??lets get a superstar to help Russ cry cry embarassed cry
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:45pm On Jun 23, 2017
SmooshCHN:

The NBA is quite unpredictable with trades. While the future for the Wolves looks promising, however, if they suffer consecutive losing seasons, another vital piece would be lost to a trade next season or 2 from now.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:49pm On Jun 23, 2017
Ersan:

PG to Celtics. Cavs will still sweep them but it's a step in the right direction.

I understand the move is stalling because the hierarchy prefers G. Hayward which makes a lot of sense to me. PG13 has been consistent in his rhetoric about LA, and there are no assurances he would sign long term with the Celtics.

Honestly, i wish we could just package a mega deal for A. Davies, that is my wish.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 23, 2017
Roland17:

I understand the move is stalling because the hierarchy prefers G. Hayward which makes a lot of sense to me. PG13 has been consistent in his rhetoric about LA, and there are no assurances he would sign long term with the Celtics.

Honestly, i wish we could just package a mega deal for A. Davies, that is my wish.

Tatum + Horford + IT

Worth it?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:40pm On Jun 23, 2017
Ersan:

Trust the process.

The 76ers are coming.
I trusted the process already.. I'll be glad if they at least move up to 1st round exit in playoffs. It'll be a great story..
And you mean the (Fultz, Embiid, Dario and Simmons) FEDS are coming?? We waiting.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:08pm On Jun 23, 2017
Ersan:

Tatum + Horford + IT

Worth it?

I don't think that combination is enough to take the Celtics over the hump in the east, except Bron leaves the conference. We still need more offensive power, especially perimeter shooting, and that is why getting Hayward is imperative.

Tatum is a better offensive small forward in comparison to J. Brown, However, i think J. Brown has better prospects of becoming a 2 way player but Tatum is going to be the better player and a superstar in this league.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 23, 2017
Roland17:

I don't think that combination is enough to take the Celtics over the hump in the east, except Bron leaves the conference. We still need more offensive power, especially perimeter shooting, and that is why getting Hayward is imperative.

Tatum is a better offensive small forward in comparison to J. Brown, However, i think J. Brown has better prospects of becoming a better 2 way player.

Naah man. I'm saying that's what it'd take to get AD.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 23, 2017
SmooshCHN:
I trusted the process already.. I'll be glad if they at least move up to 1st round exit in playoffs. It'll be a great story..
And you mean the (Fultz, Embiid, Dario and Simmons) FEDS are coming?? We waiting.

Lol yeah. Seems like tanking does pay off.

(1) (2) (3) ... (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) ... (2219) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.