Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,761 members, 7,809,926 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (614) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1618160 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) ... (2200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:37am On Aug 23, 2017
Short term is definitely Cavs. The Celtics have now lost not one but two of their best outside shooters and perimeter defenders
raumdeuter:
Who got the better deal
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:39am On Aug 23, 2017
cavs got robbed. At least they got a Jae Crowder, whom I despise but have to respect his physicality...fits in with the Cavs.

But then again I look at Kyrie without and with Lebron - Im not so sure the Celtics made out too good either. Can Kyrie make a team better? Is he good enough to risk team chemistry IT had with this team? I understand this takes the albatross of paying IT off the table, butthis is a gamble, imo. I would like to see how Hayward does next to Kyrie - if it works, they would be ECF contenders easily. But I have a feeling last playoffs has put a shine on Kyrie that is not completely legit.

Anyhow I look forward to the matchups!!! Good thing I never really hated IT. Hard to hate heart, 'na mean? grin

how does it feel rooting for Kyrie....loool,gotta hurt a bit grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:41am On Aug 23, 2017
raumdeuter:

Kyrie is better than Isaiah but with the other add on won't or give Cavs too much depth

The depth is better, however, for how long? Jeff Green, glass footed rose, inconsistent Calderon doesn't bother me.

Don't get it twisted, the Cavs are on a pre-rebuilding mode with this trade.

More importantly, Brad Stevens is one heck of a tactician in comparison to T. Lue.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:43am On Aug 23, 2017
birdman:
cavs got robbed. At least they got a Jae Crowder, whom I despise but have to respect his physicality...fits in with the Cavs.

But then again I look at Kyrie without and with Lebron - Im not so sure the Celtics made out too good either. Can Kyrie make a team better? Is he good enough to risk team chemistry IT had with this team? I understand this takes the albatross of paying IT off the table, butthis is a gamble, imo. I would like to see how Hayward does next to Kyrie - if it works, they would be ECF contenders easily. But I have a feeling last playoffs has put a shine on Kyrie that is not completely legit.

Anyhow I look forward to the matchups!!! Good thing I never really hated IT. Hard to hate heart, 'na mean? grin

Absolutely agree with "you can't hate heart ".

Boston would always be home for IT, he earned it.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:44am On Aug 23, 2017
Roland17:

More importantly, Brad Stevens is one heck of a tactician in comparison to T. Lue.

Nope. Lue won that ring first year as a coach, and he went toe to toe with the warriors all star coaches. Brad is brilliant, no doubt, but nothing like Lue - even doc rivers says it
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 2:50am On Aug 23, 2017
who be zizic sef? can't trust the Europeans ballers,Mirotic don teach me that lesson. losing kyrie is huge but I can't see how the cavs don't take this deal. good luck Kyrie. 2016 ship don't happen without you.
fork KD.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:53am On Aug 23, 2017
Lol robbed is a stretch! Getting Crowder was huge for the Cavs and this is why I would give them a W for this trade. If he keeps improving offensively then that is an actual body you can put on KD come Finals time. I think this trade gives the Cavs a better shot at Golden State. Kyrie would ball in Boston though! And I dare say Lebron kinda stagnated his growth as a playmaker. Early Kyrie pre-Lebron had Dion Waiters as his second best player so I won't read too much meaning into those years
birdman:

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:00am On Aug 23, 2017
birdman:

Nope. Lue won that ring first year as a coach, and he went toe to toe with the warriors all star coaches. Brad is brilliant, no doubt, but nothing like Lue - even doc rivers says it
Toe to Toe in which season? Championship season where the Warriors chocked?

This past season they were almost swept by the Warriors and finished second behind a less talented Celtics, was he standing Toe to neck?

When I speak of coaching, I am speaking of X and O's. Time out play calls, reading the game irrespective of the players on the roster.

Would T. Lue outcoach Brad if both coached same players and other factors remained constant?

Lue has the chip and that is important, however, that does not make him a better coach than Brad.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 3:00am On Aug 23, 2017
Roland17:

The depth is better, however, for how long? Jeff Green, glass footed rose, inconsistent Calderon doesn't bother me.

Don't get it twisted, the Cavs are on a pre-rebuilding mode with this trade.

It doesn't change the fact that Cavs have the core. Also, they still retained most of their players while adding more really good players. They can hit the ground running

Celtics on the other hand cannot and which may affect them on the short run to the finals. Horford combined with IT not a new player like what Drew, Hayward and Taytum are. Kyrie is better than IT but there's still LeBron.

Adding Hayward to that side was good but then changing your PG, backup C and SF at a go is not a next season championship move.

Let's just see sha
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:01am On Aug 23, 2017
E go fit play for playoffs setting? He would be victimized in the 4th oh! It's a good trade tbh! Getting Crowder was a mugging
Ersan:
Let me just leave this here.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:02am On Aug 23, 2017
Baba this your optimism odikwa serious ooh! I really don't see you guys challenging the Cavs immediately after losing Bradley and Crowder but I get the Front office gambling heavily on Smart,Brown and Tatum making huge leaps on team friendly deals. It was bleeding obvious that Ainge didn't want to pay Isaiah max no matter what. It should likely pay in the long term but in the interim I still see the Cavs too strong for y'all this year
Roland17:
LMAOOOO.. Suddenly, trading a 25-year-old Kyrie Irving for a soon to be a 29-year-old star with a bad hip injury makes the Celtics a horrible team. Guys please just stop, the Celtics and Danny Ainge are not the 76ers, we are talking about an experienced franchise with a championship history.

This trade is a no brainer for me as a Celtic, we did not lose much, Kyrie is a better player than Isaiah Thomas and Crowder put together and you guys know that to be true. Kyrie is a better player than IT on both ends of the court, he provides the offense defense at the top of the key. The question should be, are the Cavs going to pay IT next year? Would Lebron be there next year? and for the Celtics, What are we losing in the 1st round pick from next year's draft pick?

Big AL was playing in his first season with IT last season and we had the best season last year. This is a monster deal for the Celtics and suddenly, the Celtics are at par with the Cavs in the east. Jason Tatum, Gordon Hayward, Big AL, M. Morris, Kyrie Irving makes me quite comfortable offensively and defensively.

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:06am On Aug 23, 2017
A40:
Baba this your optimism odikwa serious ooh! I really don't see you guys challenging the Cavs immediately after losing Bradley and Crowder but I get the Front office gambling heavily on Smart,Brown and Tatum making huge leaps on team friendly deals. It was bleeding obvious that Ainge didn't want to pay Isaiah max no matter what. It should likely pay in the long term but in the interim I still see the Cavs too strong for y'all this year

Baba, I agree and have never failed to include the long term in my optimism.

Bron is an aging super star, who would likely jump ship next year.

The Cavs don't have the cap space to make any more big deals.

Also, would the Cavs pay IT the max after this season? Well, that would depend on the impact of the hip injury this season.
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 3:07am On Aug 23, 2017
Ersan:

We robbed them grin
i don't really pity them, that's how they robbed Brooklyn net...
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:08am On Aug 23, 2017
@A40
You dey see as your boy Jon Jones dey mumu sha?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:12am On Aug 23, 2017
It really depends though. If the Cavs find a way to beat Golden State Bron just might stay. If they win it all I doubt the Cavaliers don't find a way to pay IT
Roland17:

Baba, I agree and have never failed to include the long term in my optimism.

Bron is an aging super star, who would likely jump ship next year.

The Cavs don't have the cap space to make any more big deals.

Also, would the Cavs pay IT the max after this season? Well, that would depend on the impact of the hip injury this season.

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:13am On Aug 23, 2017
Roland17:
@A40
You dey see as your boy Jon Jones dey mumu sha?
Ogun idile lo n se bobo yen se
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 23, 2017
Roland17:

Can Jon Jones get it right for once in his life? angry angry angry

I just saw that. I am gutted man. Too friggin bad. SMH! I mean seriously! WTF?
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:21pm On Aug 23, 2017
Roland17:

Toe to Toe in which season? Championship season where the Warriors chocked?

This past season they were almost swept by the Warriors and finished second behind a less talented Celtics, was he standing Toe to neck?

When I speak of coaching, I am speaking of X and O's. Time out play calls, reading the game irrespective of the players on the roster.

Would T. Lue outcoach Brad if both coached same players and other factors remained constant?

Lue has the chip and that is important, however, that does not make him a better coach than Brad.

so warriors getting to the finals is choking. ok. and cavs getting to the finals back to back is choking. ok again.

who cares about standings in regular season. the important thing is when they met when it really counts, celtics went home, no?

you forget, that MANY times, celtics won the game because of 4th q hero ball by IT, because Brad has one peculiar weakness - he alsways looks zen like during the game, like he knows what hes doing. But when trouble happens, he looks the same, but it resembeles deer in headlights instead.

abeg stop judging how they look, and just stick to results na.....you really think wining a ring in your first year as coach is a joke?

anyways, we are looking forward to sampling the celtics this year. slurrrpp!!! smiley
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:30pm On Aug 23, 2017
Ersan:

I just saw that. I am gutted man. Too friggin bad. SMH! I mean seriously! WTF?

looks are deceiving. Some people look mentally and physically strong on the outside, but inside, its another story - I cant tell you how dissapointing this is. I really thought this guy would be good for along time. I really thought this guy was the most mentally prepared champ the league had seen.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:25pm On Aug 23, 2017
bron fit try influence the cavs front office to flip that 2019 net picks for some other pieces.
I wouldn't do that until he give me assurance that his coming back or sign some form of extension.
safe to assume that love is on the block.
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 4:38pm On Aug 23, 2017
Ersan:
LMAO! We won! I didn't see a scenario where we would but we Friggin won. Thank you uncle drew. Cavs bench + Rose, Jeff green, Crowder, Tavares And Zizic

And we got someone who averaged 28 and 5 for Kyrie LMAO! Our starting line up is not only as strong but possibly stronger! grin

Well done cavs, well done.

Go get a thermometer, I need these fools cooked right!
You just like deceiving yourself

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 23, 2017
Hardetayour:
You just like deceiving yourself

K.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 23, 2017
SIRcumalot:
bron fit try influence the cavs front office to flip that 2019 net picks for some other pieces.
I wouldn't do that until he give me assurance that his coming back or sign some form of extension.
safe to assume that love is on the block.

If only lebron could give them that assurance. We could trade TT and the pick for Boogie since he's set to become a free agent next year. If only that were possibly we'd be properly stacked.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:30pm On Aug 23, 2017
Like most super stars, Lebron has a big "ego". I see a scenario where the drive to prove a point to Kyrie compels him to stay with Cavs long term.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 23, 2017
Roland17:
Like most super stars, Lebron has a big "ego". I see a scenario where the drive to prove a point to Kyrie compels him to stay with Cavs long term.
lol bron? that guy is out of there
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 6:49pm On Aug 23, 2017
A good move for the Cavs. What matters is, can they beat the Warriors? Iggy, Livingston are still around.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 23, 2017
Manutd19:
A good move for the Cavs. What matters is, can they beat the Warriors? Iggy, Livingston are still around.

Crowder Green Rose Korver Zozic Tavares Shumpert Derrick W. Very likely JR smith too

I think we good.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:54pm On Aug 23, 2017
Roland17:

duuuude, i pray Lebron actually has this kinda drive. His ego never translates into meanness, he seems to joke it off and let it go. I feel the dude is too easy going to the annoyance of even his paddies. Sometimes, you just need that mean vengeful streak.

Btw, I wonder what this does to the bron kobe relationship, if there was ever any. Seem like Kobe played the role of pouring gasoline on this fire atsome point
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:55pm On Aug 23, 2017
Manutd19:

warriors need to be worrying about houston, smh...

Of course I have said the same thing 3 years now lipsrsealed
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 11:51pm On Aug 23, 2017
birdman:

Get Melo, then we might have a reason to look at Houston
Re: The NBA Begins by NijaWizard007: 8:34am On Aug 24, 2017
birdman:

Houston still won't do squat to trouble the warriors.
warriors have retained their championship core and added valuable players to their bench.
They're still the favourites.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:10am On Aug 24, 2017
So how's IT gonna guard Shaun Livingston? Or is it Derrick Rose? The Cavs bench sucks Gazelle's asś.

Rumors claim LeBron might leave. I 100% want him to stay in the East there.

And the Cavs asked the Warriors for Klay for Kyrie. The Warriors were uninterested. You think sey Warriors just dey enter trade matter?

(1) (2) (3) ... (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) ... (2200) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.