Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,593 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (616) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1626073 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) ... (2208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:20pm On Aug 26, 2017
Roland17:

Again, the trade can not be voided because it was completed on Tuesday. The Cavs GM is a rookie, he did not do his homework well before trading for a superstar.

There may be ramifications, however, the Celtics hold all the aces. Ramifications include sending another draft pick and that would be it.

Make una take heart...
send us that Lakers/kings pick and we're cool.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 26, 2017
Roland17:

Again, the trade can not be voided because it was completed on Tuesday. The Cavs GM is a rookie, he did not do his homework well before trading for a superstar.

There may be ramifications, however, the Celtics hold all the aces. Ramifications include sending another draft pick and that would be it.

Make una take heart...

Lol! Delete that nonsense before someone else sees it. All players must pass their physicals for a trade to be sealed. Same thing happened with Tyson Chandler in 09.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 26, 2017
I do feel like even with his hip problem, this was an impeccable trade for the cavs. He should be retained either way.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 26, 2017
Roland17:

Voided? Not possible!!!

Remember when i laughed off the noise that the Cavs won the deal? Danny Ainge is an intelligent GM, I remember when he said September was a very important month for IT because reports from his hip evaluation would be available by then.

The medical team of the Boston Celtics definitely saw something about the hip that made the team uncomfortable.

The Cavs would have to decide if they would keep IT or trade him and have another team pay him the max. It's a very sad situation for IT, I just hope IT's situation is not as bad as prognosis.
Don't you need to pass your physicals before a trade is 100% finalized?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:42pm On Aug 26, 2017
Ersan:

Lol! Delete that nonsense before someone else sees it. All players must pass their physical for a trade to be sealed. Same thing happened with Tyson Chandler in 09.

I am owning up to my bad, so I am not deleting anything.

After digging deeper I discovered the collective bargaining does state that a failed physical can lead to the voiding of a trade.

Kyrie would be completing his physical today. It would be interesting to see what card Danny plays. I think Kyrie remains, we send another first round pick at worse.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 26, 2017
celtics has to find a way to complete the deal, sending those players back to boston when it is clear they just got traded is bad for the locker room. Trade must happen, one way or the other
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:09am On Aug 27, 2017
Roland17:

Voided? Not possible!!!

Remember when i laughed off the noise that the Cavs won the deal? Danny Ainge is an intelligent GM, I remember when he said September was a very important month for IT because reports from his hip evaluation would be available by then.

The medical team of the Boston Celtics definitely saw something about the hip that made the team uncomfortable.

The Cavs would have to decide if they would keep IT or trade him and have another team pay him the max. It's a very sad situation for IT, I just hope IT's situation is not as bad as prognosis.
Everybody has to pass the medical before trades are green lighted typically. Forget bants oh. I can now see why Ainge wanted to get IT4 of the books so badly
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:11am On Aug 27, 2017
Ersan:

Lol! Delete that nonsense before someone else sees it. All players must pass their physicals for a trade to be sealed. Same thing happened with Tyson Chandler in 09.
Donatas Motiejunas as well! If IT isn't a hundred percent then you guys are actually the ones that get phucked over! Even in the short term
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 12:54am On Aug 27, 2017
give us one more pick we go take IT of your hands.
bron will handle the ball 80% of the time so we just have to find a PG that can knock down threes at a decent rate and play passable defence till IT is cleared to play again.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:24am On Aug 27, 2017
Money!!!! Wanted him to knockout the leprechaun but I'll take a tko! Good fight!
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:42am On Aug 27, 2017
This was Cavs vs Warriors. This wasn't a fight at all. Conor and Floyd finessed the hell out of those who bought tickets. That's the only reason the fight went 10 rounds..
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:51am On Aug 27, 2017
SmooshCHN:

This wasn't a fight at all. Conor and Floyd finessed the hell out of those who bought tickets and PPV. That's the only reason the fight went 10 rounds..

Agreed.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:19pm On Aug 27, 2017
I am not sure which is lower- heartlessly selling off your team leader who played in the face of great personal loss and injury, or trying to spray perfume on a rotten egg deal, purposely keeping information you had an obligation to share secret so you could take your opponents team second best player away. But its Boston, though, nothing new here.

Oh karma, art thou a b.t.h, we shall see

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 27, 2017
birdman:
I am not sure which is lower- heartlessly selling off your team leader who played in the face of great personal loss and injury, or trying to spray perfume on a rotten egg deal, purposely keeping information you had an obligation to share secret so you could take your opponents team second best player away. But its Boston, though, nothing new here.

Re: The NBA Begins by Tarcisius: 11:01pm On Aug 27, 2017
Kokobet offers you the highest odds in sports betting and cash out option to safeguard your money. You can set up an account with us within 5 minutes and you stand a chance to earn 100% bonus on your first deposit and up to 100% accumulator bonuses and 100% stake refund if one game spoils your betslip. You can easily fund your account via your debit card, online banking or direct bank deposit. We also guarantee you of quick payout whenever you want to collect your winnings. Go to http://Kokobet.com/?ref=1012 (link in bio) to register and start winning.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:41am On Aug 28, 2017
Ersan:
Money!!!! Wanted him to knockout the leprechaun but I'll take a tko! Good fight!
Ironically it was better than his fight with Pacman. I salute Mayweather and McGregor for such a magnificent con-job they were thorough and very convincing. Floyd can sell fire in hell

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:48am On Aug 28, 2017
A40:
Ironically it was better than his fight with Pacman. I salute Mayweather and McGregor for such a magnificent con-job they were thorough and very convincing. Floyd can sell fire in hell

Exactly what I was saying. That executioner mask Floyd was wearing looked more like an armed robbers mask to me. There truly was no loser and McGregor ought to thank Floyd for the rest of his life.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:24am On Aug 28, 2017
Ersan:

Exactly what I was saying. That executioner mask Floyd was wearing looked more like an armed robbers mask to me. There truly was no loser and McGregor ought to thank Floyd for the rest of his life.
Word! You guys are trying to get the Celts to add Jaylen Brown or Tatum to the deal. Lmaoo!! See finessing
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:41am On Aug 28, 2017
birdman:

Nah!! The Cavs are the thieves here. A healthy Isaiah Thomas is almost as good as Kyrie. The best deal Cavs would've gotten was Isaiah and a future round pick if he was healthy. Instead Cavs got Isaiah, Jae Crowder # Zizic and future round pick. Na so Irving valuable reach?

Boston was transparent about IT status and ahe Cavs knew about his hip injury. Saying they didn't know the extent is just a way of extorting the Celtics after their Evaluation. The injury isn't even that career threatening or that serious. Surgery and 2 months rest would solve everything.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:59am On Aug 28, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Nah!! The Cavs are the thieves here. A healthy Isaiah Thomas is almost as good as Kyrie. The best deal Cavs would've gotten was Isaiah and a future round pick if he was healthy. Instead Cavs got Isaiah, Jae Crowder # Zizic and future round pick. Na so Irving valuable reach?

Boston was transparent about IT status and ahe Cavs knew about his hip injury. Saying they didn't know the extent is just a way of extorting the Celtics after their Evaluation. The injury isn't even that career threatening or that serious. Surgery and 2 months rest would solve everything.

You said it all...Feigning ignorance to the extent of the hip injury is just ridiculous.

Again, the reason why I think the Cavs GM made a rookie mistake. It's that simple, the whole NBA knew IT4 was hurt.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:37am On Aug 28, 2017
Roland17:

You said it all...Feigning ignorance to the extent of the hip injury is just ridiculous.

Again, the reason why I think the Cavs GM made a rookie mistake. It's that simple, the whole NBA knew IT4 was hurt.
Exact words right there. Rookie mistake. They are saying they don't know how long IT will take to recover and they can't wait 2-3 months so also LeBron can't wait so instead, they'll think it through. Either ask for another piece or pick (finesse the Celtics more) or void it knowing the Celtics will suffer the aftermath of a voided trade of two core players.. Kyrie back at Cleveland would be awkward AF cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:44am On Aug 28, 2017
A40:
Word! You guys are trying to get the Celts to add Jaylen Brown or Tatum to the deal. Lmaoo!! See finessing

Baba,

Finesse who? Ko Jooooo!!!!

Danny already drew the line, there would be no discussion about either Brown or Tatum, It's that simple.

They would most likely take the Brooklyn first round pick, which is assuredly a top 5 and possibly a number one overall pick.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:03am On Aug 28, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Exact words right there. Rookie mistake. They are saying they don't know how long IT will take to recover and they can't wait 2-3 months so also LeBron can't wait so instead, they'll think it through. Either ask for another piece or pick (finesse the Celtics more) or void it knowing the Celtics will suffer the aftermath of a voided trade of two core players.. Kyrie back at Cleveland would be awkward AF cheesy

Get your story straight, is the cavs gm a rookie or a shrewd thief?
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 5:38am On Aug 28, 2017
let the trade be canceled we go take Kyrie back. we still fit repair that relationship,plus plenty suitor dey ground.
let us see if the Celtics locker room is still the same when Thomas return with a knife wound for back along with the bad hip.

I like jaylen brown by the way.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 28, 2017
A40:

Hopefully more assets towards securing a trade for the boogie man.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:13am On Aug 28, 2017
Celtics should rescinde the trade abeg. They gave too much and now Cavs now looking at Tatum or Jaylen. Talk of daylight robbery
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 28, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Celtics should rescinde the trade abeg. They gave too much and now Cavs now looking at Tatum or Jaylen. Talk of daylight robbery
rescind wetin? that is a locker room waiting to explode.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:00pm On Aug 28, 2017
Donlittle:
rescind wetin? that is a locker room waiting to explode.
Better an exploding locker room than a calculated finessing that'll ruin the Celtics for years.. You think the Cavs would have better chemistry than the Celtics?? Isaiah has a heart and a positive vibe to it (Celtic fans would know how to put that in writing). He knows Danny would've never paid him Max come FA.. But the Cavs straight up went savage on Irving who already expressed his displeasure playing alongside Lebron. It's a divided camp already in the Cavs vs an Angry brother who knows the GM shows no love to him. He can come around unlike Irving. Maybe I'm wrong..
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:53pm On Aug 28, 2017
Roland17:

Baba,

Finesse who? Ko Jooooo!!!!

Danny already drew the line, there would be no discussion about either Brown or Tatum, It's that simple.

They would most likely take the Brooklyn first round pick, which is assuredly a top 5 and possibly a number one overall pick.
Make una pull the plug on that deal jare. If I were Ainge I'm not giving them any other player or pick. Kyrie wants out anyway so its the Cavs who should be desperate not you guys

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:52am On Aug 30, 2017
A40:
Make una pull the plug on that deal jare. If I were Ainge I'm not giving them any other player or pick. Kyrie wants out anyway so its the Cavs who should be desperate not you guys

just noticed that Avelino bar! My man!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:40am On Aug 30, 2017
A40:

Baba,

I can assure you we are not parting with either J. Brown or Tatum. They are getting a pick and that's it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) ... (2208) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Roland17(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.