Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (624) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1635485 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) ... (2219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 14, 2017
rotimi9:
Sport's illustrated top 10
somewhat accurate, Although, Number 9 and Number 10 can be argued should be further down somewhat?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 14, 2017
rotimi9:
Sport's illustrated top 10

Put them on the same boat as ESPN.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 14, 2017
Donlittle:
somewhat accurate, Although, Number 9 and Number 10 can be argued should be further down somewhat?

Leave the greek freak alone!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:49am On Sep 15, 2017
I don't know if Draymond Green is a top 10 player sha, I'd put Marc Gasol, Hayward, Kyrie, Lowry, DeRozan, Wall ahead of Green
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:52am On Sep 15, 2017
A40:
I don't know if Draymond Green is a top 10 player sha, I'd put Marc Gasol, Hayward, Kyrie, Lowry, DeRozan, Wall ahead of Green

I think the fact that the GSW won the championship matters, hence why Curry is at number 3.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:49am On Sep 15, 2017
Decale:

If Celtics fans, Bulls fans, Mavs fans and even Cavs fans here don rate Curry over Kawhi, then it means that

We're dumb, our IQs are in single digits. We apologise, oh great one, Albert Einstein himself, Mr Bangdadadang.

You're right, we won't argue with you anymore. Case closed? smiley
We no get IQ for here like uncle but no one should be compared to the one and only Mr Bangdadadang!! One and only Equinox, irregular speedometer. Don't disrespect Speed Darlington like that. cheesy grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 15, 2017
SmooshCHN:
We no get IQ for here like uncle but no one should be compared to the one and only Mr Bangdadadang!! One and only Equinox, irregular speedometer. Don't disrespect Speed Darlington like that. cheesy grin grin

How does this even make sense? God you're stu pid grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:03pm On Sep 15, 2017
birdman:

I dey hia oooo. I never recover from playoff loss grin ha! dis world is wicked
I no too dey here but mention me when una dey ready to start.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:04pm On Sep 15, 2017

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 15, 2017
sad

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 15, 2017
Canelo!!!!!!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:07am On Sep 16, 2017
SmooshCHN:
I no too dey here but mention me when una dey ready to start.

will do
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:18am On Sep 16, 2017
Ersan:
Canelo!!!!!!!!!
I doubt his chin can cope with GGG
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:20am On Sep 16, 2017
Ersan:

I think the fact that the GSW won the championship matters, hence why Curry is at number 3.
Where would you put Steph? He's in the discussion at the top of any list. He just laid back to accommodate Durant out of selflessness
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:49am On Sep 16, 2017
Ersan:
Canelo!!!!!!!!!

It would interesting to see how far Canelo goes. He has ducked this fight for too long.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:51am On Sep 16, 2017
A40:

The new NHL season begins October 4.. I can't wait..
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:53am On Sep 16, 2017
Roland17:

It would interesting to see how far Canelo goes. He has ducked this fight for too long.
Maybe he feels he has found a chink in GGG's armor. Jacobs took him all the way and Canelo must feel he is entering his prime. Can his chin take GGG's blows? I remember Jacobs ears almost flying out of his head in the last fight
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:55am On Sep 16, 2017
Roland17:

The new NHL season begins October 4.. I can't wait..
So quick? I think say na 9th. Three peat on deck! Just got to find that 3rd line center
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:59am On Sep 16, 2017
A40:

Roland17:

You cant hit what you cant see! Lol! But yeah its gonna be a tough one and i'm hoping his superior boxing, especially defensive skills will see him through.

Ducking is a very important part of boxing, the question is, is he fighting him at the right time? Is golovkin really past his prime or was he just bored in his previous fights and frustrated he isnt getting the kind of fights he deserves?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:01am On Sep 16, 2017
A40:
Maybe he feels he has found a chink in GGG's armor. Jacobs took him all the way and Canelo must feel he is entering his prime. Can his chin take GGG's blows? I remember Jacobs ears almost flying out of his head in the last fight

Jacobs is his best opponent till date and many feel jacobs may have actually won that fight. Canelo is definitely getting better and better and he definitely has a chin. 50/50 for sure or maybe 60/40 in GGGs favor.

Tough one to call but i'm with canelo because hes actually my favorite boxer right now.
Re: The NBA Begins by Omoluabi16(m): 2:07am On Sep 16, 2017
Roland17:

Abeg which time Chelsea and arsenal match go start?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:07am On Sep 16, 2017
Ersan:

You cant hit what you cant see! Lol! But yeah its gonna be a tough one and i'm hoping his superior boxing, especially defensive skills will see him through.

Ducking is a very important part of boxing, the question is, is he fighting him at the right time? Is golovkin really past his prime or was he just bored in his previous fights and frustrated he isnt getting the kind of fights he deserves?

I think both fighters are in their prime and that is what makes this fight interesting. GGG powers non stop, it's like a machine on drugs.

He has the uncanning ability to increase tempo through out the fight, however, that sometimes leaves him exposed.

Canelo and his camp understand the gravity of this opponent, it's like sending a sacrificial lamb to appease the sport of boxing.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:11am On Sep 16, 2017
Omoluabi16:
Abeg which time Chelsea and arsenal match go start?

Sunday 7:30 AM (CST)
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:17am On Sep 16, 2017
Roland17:

I think both fighters are in their prime and that is what makes this fight interesting. GGG powers non stop, it's like a machine on drugs.

He has the uncanning ability to increase tempo through out the fight, however, that sometimes leaves him exposed.

Canelo and his camp understand the gravity of this opponent, it's like sending a sacrificial lamb to appease the sport of boxing.

Safe to say you're leaning towards GGG then?

Like i said, i'm with canelo, and lets not forget, canelo packs a mean punch as well, coupled with his counter punching skills, triple G wont know what hit him.

here are what some of his past opponents have to say.

'People say I can't take a punch but with the shot I got caught by Canelo, I think he would have knocked a horse out...
'Canelo is a lot faster than you really think he is and every shot he throws is a power shot. He's very calm and relaxed and waits for his opportunity.- Amir Khan

Alvarez is unbelievably physically strong... that was certainly the hardest I've ever been hit and it was a painful night for me.
'I remember at the weigh-in with Canelo thinking I'm about the same size as him. But then when he turned up for the fight he was like Popeye who had just eaten his spinach, muscles bulging and a lot bigger. - Matthew Hatton
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:22am On Sep 16, 2017
Ersan:

I actually see Canelo being a lot slower! He has bulked up for this fight and is even slightly heavier than GGG. It boils down to how well Canelo can counter punch in the end because I doubt he can survive blow to blow with GGG. Remember Canelo is yet to fight any decent middleweight guy while the middleweight ninjas are all running from GGG
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:28am On Sep 16, 2017
A40:
I actually see Canelo being a lot slower! He has bulked up for this fight and is even slightly heavier than GGG. It boils down to how well Canelo can counter punch in the end because I doubt he can survive blow to blow with GGG. Remember Canelo is yet to fight any decent middleweight guy while the middleweight ninjas are all running from GGG

Yeah, LOL! And hes denying bulking up too dont know why. They both weighed in at 160. Like i said, 50/50. But i'm with canelo simply because i'm biased.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:28am On Sep 16, 2017
Ersan:

Jacobs is his best opponent till date and many feel jacobs may have actually won that fight. Canelo is definitely getting better and better and he definitely has a chin. 50/50 for sure or maybe 60/40 in GGGs favor.

Tough one to call but i'm with canelo because hes actually my favorite boxer right now.
Lol that one na sentiment. GGG knocked him down, landed more punches and did so more accurately. It was tight but look at GGG's face after the fight, not a scratch!! Remember also that Jacobs is much bigger than Canelo and should probably be fighting at cruiserweight. Does Canelo have a chin? We would find out because he is yet to fight any middleweight of note
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:36am On Sep 16, 2017
A40:
Lol that one na sentiment. GGG knocked him down, landed more punches and did so more accurately. It was tight but look at GGG's face after the fight, not a scratch!! Remember also that Jacobs is much bigger than Canelo and should probably be fighting at cruiserweight. Does Canelo have a chin? We would find out because he is yet to fight any middleweight of note

My point was the Jacobs fight was close though hes nowhere near canelos level. Middle weight or not Cotto is still one of the best boxers around and has a lot of punching power, which canelo survived (when cotto was actually able to hit him). Kirkland is a hard puncher as well.

All this is speculative though. We just have to wait and see....
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:41am On Sep 16, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZUUItxjpz4

All from one season people! You lot will miss this man when hes gone. Maybe then you'll give him the respect he deserves!

4:15 gives me goosebumps!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:52am On Sep 16, 2017
A40:
Where would you put Steph? He's in the discussion at the top of any list. He just laid back to accommodate Durant out of selflessness

2. Snake
3. Kawhi
4. Harden (dont know how cp3 will affect him though)
5. Curry
6. Brodie
7. AD
8. Giannis
9. CP3
10.KAT

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:56am On Sep 16, 2017
Ersan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZUUItxjpz4

All from one season people! You lot will miss this man when hes gone. Maybe then you'll give him the respect he deserves!

4:15 gives me goosebumps!

the only thing holding lebron back is lebron. I hope he gets a lot of hate this year, because he puts away his inner child and goes to work under adversity. When things are easy, he relaxes and starts playing games.

I am not even talking about winning useless rings, im talking about mogul type dreams...instead of arguing with small boys about points and mvps and rings

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:11am On Sep 16, 2017
Ersan:

2. Snake
3. Kawhi
4. Harden (dont know how cp3 will affect him though)
5. Curry
6. Brodie
7. AD
8. Giannis
9. CP3
10.KAT

Lool Curry was IMO the league's best especially in 2015/2016. For me he is top 3 at worst as we speak. In fact but for his 2016 Finals letdown I would have crowned him the best in the league

(1) (2) (3) ... (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) ... (2219) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.