Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,661 members, 7,955,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:58 AM

The Apprentice Africa - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Apprentice Africa (17541 Views)

The Apprentice 2010 / The Apprentice {UK} Thread! / The Apprentice Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Apprentice Africa by DAWG: 7:07am On Jun 25, 2008
Thank God Isaac won. Anyone noticed that Isaac's team was called Zulu? I am Glad that Zulu won the first and last task. Hey been checking out contestants' sites. Stumbled upon www.tibeingana.com, www.joycembaya.com and www.reginaagyare.com you might wanna check them out.
Dawg
Re: The Apprentice Africa by dominobaby(f): 7:27am On Jun 25, 2008
I am so so so veeeeeeeeeeryyyyyyyyyyy excited ISAAC won, he truly deserved it. Got back late from work and couldn't meet up with it, can someone pls help give a lil summary on what transpired? Thanks!

smiley smiley smiley smiley cheesy cheesy
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 9:11am On Jun 25, 2008
Another Barrack Obama from Ghana+ grin grin grin cool cool cool

Kai!

Eunice - you try small o but Isaac's got the

INTEGRITY

CHARACTER

&

ABILITY

to be the Apprentice!
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 9:35am On Jun 25, 2008

Bank PHB sponsored The Apprentice Africa (TAA) came to a dramatic end on Tuesday night when Isaac Dankyi-Koranteng emerged The Apprentice with a $200,000.00 per annum job with Bank PHB. Isaac emerged after eighteen weeks of what has generally been described as the longest job interview in the world.

It had all started with 18 contestants from six different African countries, including Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ghana and Cameroon. Nine of the contestants were born, educated and made their living in their different countries in Africa while nine others were Africans either born, bred and educated abroad or had lived a good part of their adult life abroad either in America or Europe.

For the 18 weeks, the contestants were faced with different business tasks to test their different skills ranging from leadership, team playing, people management, temperament, organisation, creativity, innovation, negotiation, attitude, perseverance, to see which of them has the best set of skills to emerge The Apprentice.

All the business tasks were done under the watchful eyes of the camera, in two different teams created by the Apprentices in form of corporations. The two major corporations were the Zulu Corp made up initially of all the males in the house and the Matrix Corp, made up initially of the Females in the house.

At the end of each task, members of both corporations where invited to the boardroom to meet the CEO, Biodun Shobanjo, to present and defend the results of the tasks they just executed.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=11007&Itemid=43
Re: The Apprentice Africa by dollyshow(f): 9:39am On Jun 25, 2008
I was so touched when Mimi compared Isaac with Barack Obama, the guy is just so cool, "he doesnt look 30 yrs old to me anyway"
but I admired him and his leadership qualities and abilities.
YOU GO ALL THE WAY AND ENJOY UR "HIRED " ISAAC. CONGRATS
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Madea19(f): 9:48am On Jun 25, 2008
All is well, that ends well.

I'm glad dat Isaac won it.
because 2 me,i didnt see any lady among them dat had dat "undisputable talent" dat can shake off any male challenger. ,When there are well suited guys (like Nnamdi, Tunde,Eddie and Isaac) who are qualified for d post.

So thumbs up for Isaac for making the guys proud. (though m a female)
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Madea19(f): 9:57am On Jun 25, 2008
Also, i must say tanx 2 u guys 4 keepn it real over here,4 keepn dose of us dat missd d shows updated.

Cheers
Re: The Apprentice Africa by girlie2000(f): 10:15am On Jun 25, 2008
wow congrats to Isaac!!!!

i missed the show too. can anyone pls tell me the look on Eunice face when Isaac was declared winner? i bet she almost passed out! tongue i never liked her arrogant attitude for one day!

im so so so so happy for Isaac jareeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Re: The Apprentice Africa by fun4me2(f): 10:20am On Jun 25, 2008
AM SOOOOO GLAD ISAAC WON.

THERE IS A LESSON TO BE LEARNT HERE,EUNICE COULD HAVE EASILY WON THIS COMPETITION (SHE'S GAT WHAT IT TAKES N EVEN MORE) BUT HER MAJOR PITFALL WAS ATTITUDE, SHE'S ALSO VERY PROUD.

IMAGINE THE WAY SHE TOLD D CEO DAT SHE WAS BETTER DAN ISAAC because SHE'S GAT D QUALIFICATION,BANKING EXPERIENCE,REAL ESTATE, N HAVE WORKED IN CHINA,UK,AMERICA N NIGERIA,N SHE'S GOT AWARDS AND HONOURS TO SHOW 4IT.

MY GUY ISAAC WASNT EVEN BLUFFED AT ALL.

THANK GOD DEY WERE NOT BIASED OOOO, IF EUNICE HAD WON,IT WUD AVE BEEN SO, BAD
Re: The Apprentice Africa by spora1: 10:30am On Jun 25, 2008
Yeah! The best guy was actually hired! I mean, it was a unanimous decision. No grouse bore.

Congratulations to BankPhb, for giving us(?) the opportunity.
Congrats too all the contestants, especially Eunice for coming this far  wink
Congratulations to Troyka Group for the research work.
Congratulations to BS for the organisation and for sharing of his wealth of experience. It wasn't easy, m-e-e-n!
Congrats to you guys for your objective, pragmatic and analyical contributions.
Biggest congratulations to Isaac Obama   grin for the victory

Like Medea said, all is well that ends well.

I am also thinking of hiring Mustay and A_K_O for their consistency on this thread. I think they will do well in my kitchen if I hired them (as that is the only place I have vacancy for now) but I can trust them with my beatiful wife grin grin. Good job, guys! thumps up!.

gatewayman:

Glad the best man won. Was really afraid they were going to be bias against Isaac. Evidently Isaac out performed Eunice today. BTW did any one notice that the last task was not rated? Really wondered why. I submit that Eunice had the upperhand.

I shared your opinion about the last task. I thought Eunice won it. But a review of it yesterday actually revealed what BankPhb was looking for and to them Eunice concentrated much on the old system, which was not what they were looking for. I think we were infatuated by the razzmatazz of Eunice presentation of the task.

However, Isaan actually won the task and it formed part of what was used to determine the winner, even though they were silent about it.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by fun4me2(f): 10:48am On Jun 25, 2008
D SHOW OF LASTNITE WAS CONDUCTED IN A BIGHALL AND WE HAD D 16 EVICTED CONTESTANTS,PHB'S TOP EXECUTIVE,FAMILIES AND FRENDS.SEATED ON D HIGH TABLE WERE D CEO,MIMI N PAUL,DEN EUNICE AND ISAAC TO D LEFT/RITE HAND SIDE OF D CEO.

THEY WERE TOLD TO SAY Y DEY THINK DEY SLD BE D APPRENTICE AND DEY BOTH SPOKE WELL,DEN D VIEWS OF DER FELLOW CONTESTANTS WERE ASKED,NNAMDI,REGINA,NANCY, VOTED FOR ISAAC, KATLEEN SPOKE WELL FOR EUNICE, D VIDEO SHOT OF BLESSING AND DEOX WAS ALSO PLAYED ON THEIR IMPRESSION ABT D LAST 2 STANDING,IT WAS BOTH IN FAVOUR OF ISAAC. SO INFACT IT WAS 5/6 FOR ISAAC OUT OF D 6 VIEWS OBTAINED.

I NEVER KNEW ISAAC COULD TALK SO WELL OOO, AND I WAS REALY IMPRESSED,ESP WHEN HE TOLD D CEO DAT HE HAD BEEN A GOOD LEADER AND IT WAS HIS SOLE IDEA TO DEVELOPE A PARTICULAR CONCEPT WHICH HE TOLD HIS TEAM AND DEY WON DAT PARTICULAR TASK AND HE'S VERY PROUD DAT BANK PHB IS PRESENTLY IMPLEMENTING DAT IDEA OF HIS.

ANODER HIT WAS WHEN ISAAC SED HE RESPECTED EUNICE B4 BUT LOST ALL D RESPECT HE HAD 4HER DURING A PARTICULAR TASK WHEN TUNDE CAME TO ASK HIM IF ANYBODY 4M HIS TEAM TOOK A PARTICULAR ENVELOPE AND HE CONFIDENTLY SED NO,ONLY FOR HIM TO FINDOUT LATER DAT SOMEONE 4M HIS TEAM HAD IT,HE TOLD DEM HE WAS GOING TO RETURN D ENVELOPES BUT EUNICE SED DEY SLDNT RETURN IT BACK OR ELSE DEY'LL GET A RED CARD,HE SED HE FINALLY RETURNED IT BAK because HE COULDNT STAND IT AND ALSO FOR CONSCIENCE SAKE,HE ENDED IT BY SAYING DAT HE HOPED TO BE D APPRENTICE AND HE BLVES WHOEVER WILL BE D APPRENTICE SLD BE A PERSON OF INTEGRITY,N IF URE TRUTHFUL IN SMALL TINS DEN U'LL DEFINATELY BE TRUTHFUL IN BIG BIGGERTINS. FOR ME DIS WAS A MAJOR BLOW ON EUNICE'S PERSON,SHE WANTED TO REPLY TO THAT STATEMENT BUT SHE WASNT GIVEN D CHANCE TO TALK because SHE HAS SPOKEN HER OWN B4.

SHE HAD A SMILE ON HER FACE INITIALLY,DEN WHEN D CONTESTANTS STARTED STATING DER POINT OF VIEW ABT 2 D PPL,IT WAS OBVIOUS DAT HER MORALE WAS GETTING DOWN N SHE WAS BEGINNING TO HAVE HER (tiger look) BUT SHE HID IT WELL SHA.

IN CONCLUSION D CEO SED HE WANTED AN APPRENTICE WHO IS VERY INTELLIGENT,HAS STREET SMARTNESS (at dis point i was scared,it was pointing to eunice) BUT D MAN CONTIMUED BY SAYING INTEGRITY,CREATIVITY,TOLERANCE ETC (and i knew it was Isaac  smiley smiley)

WHEN HE SED ISAAC URE HIRED, I TUT IT WAS URE FIRED OO , BUT I WAS SO HAPPY FOR ISAAC.

IT WAS JUST TOO OBVIOUS DAT D HOUSE WAS IN FAVOUR OF ISAAC.

ONE MORE THING -- ISAAC WILL GIVE D GLORY TO GOD THAT HE WON, BUT IF IT HAD BEEN EUNICE SHE WUD AVE TUT IT WAS HER EFFORT AFTERALL SHE'S GUD.

ISAAC DISPLAYED HIS BEUTIFUL WIFE N TOLD US SHE WAS D WOMAN BEHIND D SUCCESSMAN DAT HE HAS BECOME. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Apprentice Africa by spora1: 10:57am On Jun 25, 2008
girlie2000:

i missed the show too. can anyone please tell me the look on Eunice face when Isaac was declared winner? i bet she almost passed out!  tongue i never liked her arrogant attitude for one day!

She actually looked like this:  grin grin. Sexy

Re: The Apprentice Africa by girlie2000(f): 11:15am On Jun 25, 2008
@spora
grin grin grin
Re: The Apprentice Africa by lysaa(f): 12:31pm On Jun 25, 2008
lol, thats funny. .

i'm feeling so bad now for missing a show like that thats went on for how many weeks again? 18 good weeks, mahn, I GOK.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 12:35pm On Jun 25, 2008
spora. you're very funny grin grin grin grin Isaac Obama shocked cheesy

You guys didn't listen to BS' preview?

[list]
[li]He fired nnamdi 'because he felt he should have judged the price of the product they sold in the task bettr.[/li]

[li]It was soooooooooooo funny watching Omar fired. After all of omar's tutorials, the man did not even waste time sef - YOU ARE FIRED grin grin grin [/li]

[li]He said though Eunice's last task was good, she over emphasized how BAD the bank was in the past, which didn't go down well with the bank chiefs. [/li]

[/list]

When I saw Isaac's wife, I 1st thought it was Blessing o! grin grin

I didn't see Eunice's relations abi was it my eyes?

True, EUNICE could 've easily won the task. Deox says she's very business-minded - and I think that's where she got it wrong. we are all humans and we all deal with emotions. When working with people; you are meant to achieve goals which she does at the cost of the contestants' 'emotions'
[s]
Perhaps we should never have had the matrix corp, 'because it showed how women are always jealous of themselves[/s] tongue tongue wink
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Bizl4Rizl(m): 2:19pm On Jun 25, 2008
everything that has a beginning must have an end. . .

Isaac I'm glad u hammered, thoroughly deserved it!

Like he said he is tactfully aggressive - he was being gentlemanly and saying all the right things but when he saw that E was riding him rough, he switched gears & brought his A-game! I absolutely loved the look on her face when the announcement was made.

His wife was absolutely radiant - I was having my suspicions when she was being continually showed to us & I wondered who she was but it all became clearer when Isaac won and she rushed on to the stage to greet her boo.

I am really impressed by all the candidates profiles, they are quite impressive and they will be successful in their chosen paths in life given their exposure on this show as well.

I am waiting to see the Nigerian candidates websites if they do have any, i think taht Eunice will probably have but the others am not sure. see how the others have harnessed the potential in having a website and are publicising themselves and their participation on the show but our Nigerian peeps . . nada! Please anyone who has their web adds pls post them, I will be googling for them right away. They need to seize this opportunity, na once in a lifetime o!

Kudos to everyone! Cheers!
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 2:25pm On Jun 25, 2008
Na wa o

so the new dimension is website abi?

Next, you'll tell them to be on facebook. Do you know the website of Biodun Shobanjo? cry tongue

The relations of the 2 contestants were shown at various times; not only isaac's wife o!
Re: The Apprentice Africa by BlackPrez: 7:58am On Jun 26, 2008
Congrats Isaac.
I knew you would make it. Eunice good show
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Modups1(f): 8:03am On Jun 26, 2008
my heart was in my throat till BS announced "Isaac u are HIRED"!!! wat a moment cheesy cheesy

d look on eunice's face when her fellow contestants were commenting on both her & isaac was priceless, only kathleen had fully positive words for her

i must commend her on her presentation skills & her fighting ability, she has dat no doubt but isaac was d better choice at d end of day
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 9:07am On Jun 26, 2008
Modups!:

my heart was in my throat till BS announced "Isaac u are HIRED"!!! what a moment cheesy cheesy

d look on eunice's face when her fellow contestants were commenting on both her & isaac was priceless, only kathleen had fully positive words for her

i must commend her on her presentation skills & her fighting ability, she has that no doubt but isaac was d better choice at d end of day

I almost entered the Tv grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

Deox could also manage some good words for her. She was so vexed when isaac accused her of 'theft'
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 26, 2008
That u're qualified is only part of the reccruitment process.

U also have to answer questions of character and integrity and that's where Eunice fell short.

Great show all the way.

Looking 4ward to having a more experienced CEO in the next series.

BS (me thinks) didnt play the role well!
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2008
more experienced? shocked

Ok what are ur suggestions?
Re: The Apprentice Africa by fun4me2(f): 12:54pm On Jun 26, 2008
IN MY HOUSE WE ALL STOD UP AND ALMOST 5 OF US NEARLY ENTERED D TV WHEN WE WANTED TO HEAR D WINNER. INFACT D WAY WE SHOUTED WHEN ISAAC WAS DECLARED D APPRENTICE IT WAS MORE DAN D SHOUT OF (ITS A GOAL, WHEN NIGERIA IS PLAYING) grin grin grin

I WAS EVEN TEASING A FREND OF MINE DAT WOKS IN GUINESS DAT SMALL STOUT MUST FLOW grin grin grin
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 1:43pm On Jun 26, 2008
fun4me2:

IN MY HOUSE WE ALL STOD UP AND ALMOST 5 OF US NEARLY ENTERED D TV WHEN WE WANTED TO HEAR D WINNER. INFACT D WAY WE SHOUTED WHEN ISAAC WAS DECLARED D APPRENTICE IT WAS MORE DAN D SHOUT OF (ITS A GOAL, WHEN NIGERIA IS PLAYING) grin grin grin

I WAS EVEN TEASING A FREND OF MINE DAT WOKS IN GUINESS DAT SMALL STOUT MUST FLOW grin grin grin

are u sure we are not living in the same house - 'cos ur description fits mine too shocked shocked shocked cheesy
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 4:00pm On Jun 26, 2008
here's what i saw on the show's official website

P.S: Did we add that the Obama-Hillary battle has taken approximately 18 months,
and the Apprentice Africa battle has taken 18 weeks;
or that Barrack Obama clinched the nomination on a Tuesday,
and the winner for The Apprentice Africa will be chosen on a Tuesday?
Touché.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 4:01pm On Jun 26, 2008
MAybe this is where Mimi's OBAMA thingy came from
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Bizl4Rizl(m): 12:13am On Jun 27, 2008
@ Mustay,

U undoubtedly underestimate the importance of having a website. Its not a new dimension, everyone should have one.

Here's BS's own FYI - http://biodunshobanjo.com/bio.html

As for telling them to be on Facebook, there's no need for that cos as u probably dont know, if you are not on FB u are nowhere! Some of them are already there - Eunice, Tunde, Bekeme, Kathleen, Bekeme, Joyce. Just log on and search for them.

I never said that Isaac's relatives where the only ones there, of course the others were there too(u could tell by their geles grin ) but how could you identify them with any particular contestant? cos if u did then u are a GENIUS!
Re: The Apprentice Africa by fun4me2(f): 9:14am On Jun 27, 2008
@ Mustay

(IN MY HOUSE WE ALL STOD UP AND ALMOST 5 OF US NEARLY ENTERED D TV WHEN WE WANTED TO HEAR D WINNER. INFACT D WAY WE SHOUTED WHEN ISAAC WAS DECLARED D APPRENTICE IT WAS MORE DAN D SHOUT OF (ITS A GOAL, WHEN NIGERIA IS PLAYING)

I WAS EVEN TEASING A FREND OF MINE DAT WOKS IN GUINESS DAT SMALL STOUT MUST FLOW

are u sure we are not living in the same house - 'because your description fits mine too )

Dat is a very big co-incidence oooooo cheesy
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 9:20am On Jun 27, 2008
Biz.

I've visited their websites; not everyone is interested in having one or being on facebook.

Even the winner and some other contestants on The INTERN1 are not there. Some people see it as a waste of time!

Their websites are not really ----- wink

isaac's own has ". , coming soon"

regina's own takes u to her blog ans so on. ,
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Bizl4Rizl(m): 3:57pm On Jun 27, 2008
Mr Mustay, please speak for youself o, yes i agree that everyone may not want a website or be on facebook

but the immense potential it has a networking tool is better imagined, its ur loss! (with particular reference to FB)

the websites are not -------- but the marketing that it provides for u if used right & with the right content,

for instance if i had a job that i wanted to do along the line of e-banking products or the likes I wouldnt hesitate to get in touch wth Regina (from wat I have seen on her site and the show, she is good!) or branding, holler at Joyce! at least have a proposal from them who knows they could get the job!
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 4:57pm On Jun 27, 2008
Biz I know what yo saying.

Some peeps just don't like "DISTURBANCES" cheesy

people abuse these things and it depends on their choices.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by incharge1: 5:10pm On Jun 27, 2008
I m not tryn to be funny or anytin.  but i m kind of glad that an african wit african education, "exposure" etc won.
The american accent was impressive but then,

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

BBNaija: Saga, Nini's Relationship Might Be Fake – Pere / Strike Back Season 5!!! Its Back / Where Is Chinny Ahaneku (main Character Alice My First Lady)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.