Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,895 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

The Apprentice Africa - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Apprentice Africa (17283 Views)

The Apprentice 2010 / The Apprentice {UK} Thread! / The Apprentice Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Apprentice Africa by naijagal(f): 2:15pm On Mar 14, 2008
martins most of them are from other african countries hence the funny accents
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 4:51pm On Mar 14, 2008
@traez I think I loff this one although am vexed it's only shown ONCE A WEEK angry angry - enough time for EDITING!!!

@ sirwebs it seems the 2-man advantage really annoyed B.S and Zulu's P.M's attitude didn't show any sign of remorse. his excuse that he was a "listening manager" made me pity him the more - why? The last two PM's sent off argued to save their post but they were eventually sent packing. This guy just decided to take on the "siddon look" style instead of saving his face.

BS should talk to 'em with more courtesy rather than speeding 'em up like them be pikin lipsrsealed

It's quite funny the 'backstabbing' gals won this task - thanks to their MARKETING POWER!
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 8:11am On Mar 17, 2008
the two winning streaks got into the head of the ZULU TEAM.

this week am sure, 'em go vex cool
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 18, 2008
Mustay:

this week am sure, 'em go vex cool
Yes o. I still believe Zulu deserved to win sha. That Matrix clique no just get demselves. I guess it was a good breather for them sha make e no be like say dem dey winchi dem.
Zulu abeg fire dem yansh today!! cool
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 11:48pm On Mar 18, 2008
i missed the show today!\\

who won?
\
Re: The Apprentice Africa by apmis: 12:00pm On Mar 19, 2008
Zulu won but they had their pm was a female Kathleen. it was really interresting. task was at eko hotel. read the rest of the story here The Apprentice africa. Omar was fired!

update: the show is in episode 4 now. the website is www.theapprenticeafrica.com. the website is usally about a week behind so that the rest of africa can catch up but if you want recent update as it is happening this is the place to go: The Apprentice africa
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 8:32am On Mar 21, 2008
omg! i missed d repeat edition yesterday but I can't believe Omar would leave so EARLY!!
Re: The Apprentice Africa by dominique(f): 8:02pm On Mar 21, 2008
he was such an autocratic leader and he didnt really do much, just dishing out orders. he deserved to be fired.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 8:20pm On Mar 21, 2008
perhaps you never know your style of leadership until you become one. he seemed to me a good team member. . . but I really do not understand why all the Project Managers depart one after the other - is it a JINX?
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 8:20pm On Mar 21, 2008
perhaps you never know your style of leadership until you become one. he seemed to me a good team member. . . but I really do not understand why all the Project Managers depart one after the other - is it a JINX?
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 8:21pm On Mar 21, 2008
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 8:28pm On Mar 21, 2008
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Novacaine(m): 6:47pm On Mar 22, 2008
Just saw the website and a few clips i am sure they had some criteria on good looks because i saw a lot of hot chics even some beauty pageants could not boast of those babes
Re: The Apprentice Africa by eezzy(f): 12:53pm On Mar 25, 2008
B.S should stop eliminating the leaders like that. Poor Omar, never
liked the guy, but it was sad to see him exit so early.

Soon, the teams will be develop phobia for leadership since if
your team fails to win, you almost automatically go home. cry
Re: The Apprentice Africa by apmis: 10:59am On Mar 26, 2008
The PM was not fired this week!
The loofer was, Akatu!
Sahara group was task location
Task: develop mission statement and do a tv commercial,
Matrix won!

Update proudly presented by The Apprentice Africa
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Modups1(f): 12:54pm On Mar 26, 2008
last week omar got d boot, i kinda saw it coming
he was busy ordering his team to do this & that but really not doing much
i think he is more of a theoretical leader rather than a practical one

this week akatu was shown d door, saw dat coming too
d guy was just too passive throughout d excercise & i think he had issues with tunde d leader which didn't help matters

i really like d program & i like the boss, a real businness man who knows d in's & out of business
Re: The Apprentice Africa by dominique(f): 5:50pm On Mar 26, 2008
i think both adverts were rubbish (typical of nigerian ads), zulu were just unlucky to be on the recieving end and it would have been too unfair if the leader had been fired.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by apmis: 10:58am On Mar 27, 2008
I wonder what both teams were really thinking when they designed the adverts. the drum thing was just way out! anyway it was not a nigerian thing, afterall it was not the nigerians that designed the plot! Zulu was not unlucky they had crossed the lines too many times, filming in a no go area! I am sure the exec had that in mind too
Re: The Apprentice Africa by apmis: 2:42pm On Mar 28, 2008
Guesss who this HOT apprentice Africa contestant is?

find out here:Apprentice Africa

Re: The Apprentice Africa by chukky76(m): 7:33am On Apr 02, 2008
for firing the young lady he fired in last nights episode mr shobanjo showed excessive levels of diminished mental reasoning. it was an advertorial task. any media person worth his salt knows that adverts have a 50-50 chance to swing either way. both adverts were great but one had to be picked.

The losing team----
the concept was great, the copy was semi-great but the person in charge reinforced that she called the attention of the project leader. the project leader had the integrity to accept the responsibility for the omission but he fires her anyway, why? because he asked her who was the weakest link in her team and mr shobanjo had a temporary brainwave that prevented him from understanding her reply, thinking she was too chicken to give up her fellow teammates when in actual fact she said "i take responsibility for the decisions that made us omit a key message in the copy".

please someone tell me if this retard is 7 years old that he cant interpret that to mean that she just said she was the weakest link? did she have to spell it out to him that "mr shobanjo i am the weakest link for him to understand that."

two members of the teams were absent which in itself already was an unfair boardroom trial.

the losing team had three people in the boardroom, the person in charge of the brilliant concept-----absolved

the girl in charge of research who called the attention of the team leader to the omission--absolved

the team leader---hard working and brimming with integrity--- it was a task well done, everyone worked hard and the leader knew and said as much Mr shobanjo fired her because he thought she was too scared to sling mud at her teammates, what the twit didnt realize was that they was just no mud to sling PERIOD!!!!!

that coupled with the fact that two people were absent due to some mysterious illness and dudes------it was a perfect episode to NOT FIRE ANYONE, that was the best leadership decision there, donald trump did it, you never ever ever punish genuine and sincere integrity , but i guess mr shobanjo "the boss" takes orders from those PHB guys to fire one person a week else he'll be the one being told

you're fired.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by apmis: 10:50am On Apr 02, 2008
@Chukky, I undertsand your anger at his firing Joyce but the issue is that in the business world you fight for yourself first! You are in business for yourself. She gave her self up too easily. His repeating the question was to see if she got the point he was trying to pass across. She did not. So he fired her!. The apprentice must be someone that can walk away from a tight spot, turn a weakness into an advantage. She was not a fighter simple and shot.

Meanwhile I have hot news : here it goes

Apprentice Africa Omar on the Hot Seat

Yes! Apprentice Africa Omar has agreed to do an EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW on this blog: Apprentice Africa! Here is his email to me:

I am happy to hear that you have been following the Apprentice. I just returned back to the US. After Nigeria I went home to Guinea where I had impressive interviews with RFI, Agence France Presse, the Guinean National TV, Guinean national radio interview and I will be featured on Africable this coming saturday on the show A Toute Coeur. Having said all that I am pretty exhausted with interviews. However in your case I feel compelled…,

Are there any questions you would like to ask him? Just let me know.
You can use the comment section of the Apprentice Africa
Thanks
Apmis
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Tinkinguy(m): 10:58am On Apr 02, 2008
The game seems kool but the idea at least so I think of firing the PM's only makes me sick, just dont pray for your team to lose or else for being the PM,
'You re fired' period.

Who's is the next PM , get ready to be fired as usual
Re: The Apprentice Africa by chukky76(m): 7:24am On Apr 03, 2008
apmis a leader doesnt and shouldnt slander members of his team. if theres no genuine reason to call someone out as the weakest link so she should turn around and start slandering? just doesnt make sense to me bro,

i just started following apprentice africa , who is omar? is it the guy with the funny american accent and the three leadership skills?

that guys just a poor loser, i could tell even with all the editing that goes on on the show that during the task he was a very poor leader. delegating everything and not doing anything, he might as well have delegated someone to represent him in the boardroom but he was too hung up on his belief in his oratory skills that he failed to realize that you might speak great, but wen u talking shit that just all it is, bull shit.

him and his three rules, imagine the nerve on the guy, even in the boardroom he was still forming leader, this one , that one , and whats the third one ladies? coheesiveness,

in the words of great paulie in Sopranos, sunofabeetch

a leader realizes his errors, even till the end he didnt admit his error , blaming it on his f u c k i n g perfume- fine it was a figure of speech but what tha f ,

i was so glad when i heard the words

You're, whats the other one guys? thats right, FIRED
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Modups1(f): 2:18pm On Apr 03, 2008
@ apmis is it eunice?

@chukky76, y r u insulting d boss like dat? calling him retard is too much dont u think?
i feel ur pain though, almost all pm's r getting d boot
dats a worrying trend
Re: The Apprentice Africa by apmis: 12:13pm On Apr 04, 2008
Joyce was fired. Get the details here Apprentice Africa
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 08, 2008
quick link: http://www.theapprenticeafrica.com/contestants.php

so it seems the default thing now more or less is that the team leader/project manager gets fired. what a shame sad.

in my opinion Nancy or even Oscar should have been fired in episode 7 and not Bekeme. the CEO let Nancy off easily, what manner of grilling is that when she was clearly identified as the chief "f*ck up".

by the way Eddie is a damn good Ad guy, very creative and always a team heavy weight. it's sad that he's always on the loosing side.

the show's now growing on me. i like the way they upgraded from the Intern by choosing only experienced contestants. gave the show a higher level of seriousness and class. cool!

Nancy
Oscar
Bekeme
Eddie
Re: The Apprentice Africa by chukky76(m): 6:57am On Apr 09, 2008
Trae he WANTED to fire Bekeme. thats all i can conclude from seeing how lightly he let nancy off , i mean seriously. you could see him struggling at conjuring some half assed excuses to fire bekeme. hes a poor leader if he keeps firing project managers because its fast becoming a trend. leaders are advised, nancy gave wrong advice with her "experience" and ought to be fired
Re: The Apprentice Africa by apmis: 2:47pm On Apr 09, 2008
Agreed that the trend is PMs are getting fired but the truth is the PMs are not playing the game. It was off tactics for bekeme to bring in nancy and Oscar! you bring in a weakling and a strong man. how about blessing and nancy or eddie and nancy. The Apprentice has to be a fighter, everyone of them just get cowed ( if there is a word like that) by the CEO. bekeme cup was full. She had been touted as being a pain in the group and the ceo just wanted her to go. I think to a large extent the duo of bekeme and nancy has been the undoing of matrix, just so happens that the tag team led to the downfall of one of them. hear my full rant here [url=http://the-apprentice-africa..com][/url]
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 4:59pm On Apr 09, 2008
the PM's don't know how to save their BUTTS! Tunde ought to be fired, instead he 'over talked' d boss and found a way of putting d blame on Akatu! all those ones wey Joyce dey do na HOLY HOLY jo!
Re: The Apprentice Africa by apmis: 8:47am On Apr 10, 2008
Agreed!
Re: The Apprentice Africa by jiddah: 11:37am On Apr 10, 2008
what is Nancy still doing in that show? undecided
Re: The Apprentice Africa by apmis: 7:22pm On Apr 10, 2008
Waiting to be fired!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Domak Shelter Rewards Big Dreams Talent Show Housemates With Land, Cash / Bisola: A Nairalander Replies Journalist Chris Ayo Joseph / Where Can I Download Nollywood Movies For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.